criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

Replies

• Wow down to the second page now!!.lol. No answer from the mods as to why new posts don't bump the thread to the top of the list on the first page? @IIPrest0nII

I think it is because it's old news, and they will not do anything about it...
    But still this is like a big slap in the face, could have the balls just to come here, say guy's it's been fun but we are not doing anything and closing this megathread... instead they want it to sink slowly to the abyss.

Funny thing is, until it is closed i am pretty sure new posts will be done here anyways, at least till some reasonable fix is done to EOR MM - like making it optional for ppl who push the button, leave the rest alone.
    But that's Wonderland now...

Too bad, was hoping i will be able to play Obi and a bit on Geonosis, but as stated i am not installing back until this is fixed in some reasonable way.
    Would say i will discourage anyone i know from investing in EA/DICE games, but they are doing pretty good job themselves with BFV.
    if i would see this EOR MM system before - i would not buy BF2 ! waste of money.
  • EA_Tom
    380 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey folks,

I'm confirming that at this moment we've no further updates to share about the EOR MM issues flagged here.

We still want to give you room to continue discussing in this thread. However, we won't float it to the front page any more so it's clear that new updates on this topic aren't imminent.
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Blinker wrote: »
    The last post was 29th October, we now 12th december, give them time ? How long a year ? It's a joke and admit @f8rge if it gonna take time, can you take time to tell PlayStation people effected can get refunds, this is going on to long. We have been suffering this since the start of October, 9 weeks ago, I think you had more than enough time, we deserve the right to get refunds as this is unacceptable.

atzr1g8laeei.png

This is what he said on Twitter...he must be joking right!

I don't believe any thing they say.
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I'm confirming that at this moment we've no further updates to share about the EOR MM issues flagged here.

We still want to give you room to continue discussing in this thread. However, we won't float it to the front page any more so it's clear that new updates on this topic aren't imminent.

So basically we being pushed back so it looks like they game is ok, then we get forgot about ?, seems totally wrong to me that this thread will no longer work, whole thing is very fishy and seems very sly.
    Hey folks,

Hi, thanks for coming back to us, do appreciate for giving us a clear picture of what is happening.

• Blinker wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    Hey folks,

So basically we being pushed back so it looks like they game is ok, then we get forgot about ?, seems totally wrong to me that this thread will no longer work, whole thing is very fishy and seems very sly.

Yeah i had some hopes still a while back, but now i was just checking in from time to time to see if they at least made it optional, as i knew it is here to stay. Unfortunately this is it, it will not get changed so or we live with it, or in other words
    "Either accept it or don’t buy the game"
    The sad part is, i already have it :| if i knew that this would happen i would not buy it in the first place...
    Hey folks,

@EA_Tom

There are plenty of topics that you guys won't be addressing, yet still get bumped. So why this one? Why does this discussion get treated differently than all the rest?
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
    Hey folks,

Seriously? 26 pages of complaining and nothing is being done!!?!!?!??!?
  • @EA_Tom I agree with the previous comment about topics that mods and EA dont address and never will but still get bumped to the top of the list so why not this one?....people obviously still have a lot to say and discuss so it should be bumped to the first page. I'snt this the purpose of a community forum?....to allow users to discuss and see popular topics from the first page instead of searching through page upon page of dead threads??....I dont think you guys trying to bury this thread is very respectful to the users here if you want my opinion. Its 26 pages long and stiil going strong with people coming here to discuss the issues. Whether anything is going to be done about it or not is irrelevant....it should be bumped up as people post.

Exactly. The reason it isn't getting bumped up is just because DICE don't want to go through the trouble of getting rid of it, despite the fact we were promised it was only a weekend test.
  • @EA_Tom I agree with the previous comment about topics that mods and EA dont address and never will but still get bumped to the top of the list so why not this one?....people obviously still have a lot to say and discuss so it should be bumped to the first page. I'snt this the purpose of a community forum?....to allow users to discuss and see popular topics from the first page instead of searching through page upon page of dead threads??....I dont think you guys trying to bury this thread is very respectful to the users here if you want my opinion. Its 26 pages long and stiil going strong with people coming here to discuss the issues. Whether anything is going to be done about it or not is irrelevant....it should be bumped up as people post.

Exactly. The reason it isn't getting bumped up is just because DICE don't want to go through the trouble of getting rid of it, despite the fact we were promised it was only a weekend test.

It's if they want to hide it, they want to forget about it, it's disgusting behaviour and very very sly, no answer, no refunds, these guys are just glorified conmen, but this won't make stop, I will carry on till I get answers. If they think they can just shut us all up, well it's are job to make sure every one knows about it.
    Hey folks,

Wow, that is shady. You might as well start a thread saying please never buy our product again.

All along the comments were buried in this megathread with no intention of taking any corrective action. I wonder why they are so sensitive to this issue? They know there are problems, but dont want to change anything for some reason. I dont get it. Oh well, I'll jump on board with the new threads that are inevitably coming.
  • Eshtazaki
    180 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Dear devs, would it be possible to make the EOR MM system work only when triggered by the Matchmake button, and only for people who did push it, not for the full lobby ?
    Could we at least have a "test" weekend of such modification (would not mind if this test weekend would work the same way as the test weekend for EOR MM worked ;) ) ?
    It would at least give some visibility why we need this forced matchmaking, if in fact we would end up with constant empty lobbies i am pretty sure most ppl who are against it would welcome it back if this is the case.
    or some simple vote, EOR MM - forced / EOR MM - optional and check which have more votes.
    I am pretty sure if majority would choose the "forced" option it would shut, at least me, up ;)

Thanks in advance for taking it into consideration.
  • Oh this is good :) i got integrated here :)
  • It would seem actions are just following the agenda:
    "We still want to give you room to continue discussing in this thread. However, we won't float it to the front page any more so it's clear that new updates on this topic aren't imminent."
    + We will merge all new threads about EOR MM to this one that we want to bury

i had a bad feeling about this in the beginning, that this is the one tread to rule them all. Still as i like to assume people have good intentions i was hoping something will be done about the EOR MM, that they will use our imputs to at least polish it out, if not turn off. Yet again i was proven wrong :)

giphy.gif
  • <this is not the megathread you are looking for... ;) >

Just moving this back to the front page to continue our discussion. If Dice doesn't want their megathread to be bumped, that's fine. But there's no reason we can't discuss this and have our conversation bumped to the top so that we can follow it.

@holstar1993
    @Eshtazaki
    @MyLittleGreenFriend
  • Agree it makes it much easier to look up, also as long as we are having a civil discussion, with some ideas exchange i do not see why this should not be allowed for our convenience.

Thanks @Jbstiner for the new thread. hopefully it will not get merged :)
  • My opinion:

Matchmaking is horrible and needs to be turned off immediately.
  • Well i would say it could stay as long as it would be optional.

Or at very very least not put me on Kashyyyk 6 times in a row when i start to look for a game in GA and give me only full matches, no 1 rounders.

it is very wishful thinking that it would be taken off, but why not a dream come true :) maybe a gift for xmas.
  • Here's another thing. It isn't even matchmaking. It's just random server shuffling. It throws people into random lobbies, including empty ones, which is why there has been an increase in empty lobbies.
  • Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Well i would say it could stay as long as it would be optional.

Or at very very least not put me on Kashyyyk 6 times in a row when i start to look for a game in GA and give me only full matches, no 1 rounders.

Yeah, at least give us a map selector if they're going to leave it on...
  • i do not know where you play, i am mostly on German ping site, i must say i did not had any issue with lobbies fill time, but then again i play almost only GA. And yes it is or empty new lobby or only one round in a different lobby, wonder why no continuity is possible with this matchmaking system. Maybe the player base is to small and it needs to do this re shuffle each time.
  • DJLutherKing
    225 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Does anyone even play this game anymore?
    I’m out here in Ewok Hunt and cannot find a match for the life of me!!! Even WITH Ewok Hunt challenges.

... and when it finally loaded I was AFK because I went to make a sandwich

Please FIX!

[Edited title]
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Maybe the player base is to small and it needs to do this re shuffle each time.

I do think the small player base, combined with the new matchmaking, is why they are doing the restricted playlists. By keeping the player base concentrated on a few maps, they can better guarantee full matches.

Also, I'm on the east coast of the US .
  • Here's another thing. It isn't even matchmaking. It's just random server shuffling. It throws people into random lobbies, including empty ones, which is why there has been an increase in empty lobbies.

If issues like this (and others) weren't true, the devs would explain exactly what's going on and not essentially have threads closed to dodge the problem.

My biggest complaint remains that if you finally get a competitive match it will last just 2 games. If you're lucky enough to get two full games before being forcibly removed that is.

The MM system also seems to randomly shuffle the teams and often times ends up stacking all the good players on one side after a well-fought, even match...
  • I believe the system was set up to hide the fact that servers were shut down. If it set up due to low player base, why weren't there more empty lobbies prior to implementation?

Like many other poorly thought out changes to this game, they refuse to revert to how things were previously.
  • hmmm possibly it is the universal thing - money.
    i think you can be right with the closing of sites (probably due to lower than anticipated income) and something had to be done to somehow hide this.

Where is my tin foil cap :)

Well SWBF2 was fun while it lasted.
  • MyLittleGreenFriend
    3546 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Since it isn't getting bumped, just bookmark this thread so you will be notified.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I can put up will all the above but the biggest problem is shutting down all the data centres in Europe bar Germany There is so much lag as players from everywhere ( ping diversity ) are 'matched' in and the ping compensator does a miserable job been very poor last weeks

The Strike spawn and teleporting bug gets so frequent with more lag I just rage quit even when I'm top of the board...
  • I can put up will all the above but the biggest problem is shutting down all the data centres in Europe bar Germany There is so much lag as players from everywhere ( ping diversity ) are 'matched' in and the ping compensator does a miserable job been very poor last weeks

The Strike spawn and teleporting bug gets so frequent with more lag I just rage quit even when I'm top of the board...

That really svcks...

I’m on the east coast of the US and it can be difficult finding Strike matches, but GA matches aren’t too hard to find. I’ll get a few matches where I’m dying through walls, but it’s generally pretty good.

My biggest issue are the lopsided slaughters. But last night wasn’t too bad, so we’ll see what tonight brings...
  • This was done to test out matchmaking before bf5 released, we were beta testers for another game.
  • Blinker wrote: »
    This was done to test out matchmaking before bf5 released, we were beta testers for another game.

A test that never ends. Where do I sign up?
    Hey folks,

Good to finally have confirmation that you all dont really care about the game anymore. Just today was put into empty servers with a party several times. So nothing has been fixed and at this point nothing will be fixed.
  • It is "less" broken than when it didn't exist.
    The algorithm that does the matchmaking is still painfully slow and in some modes you wonder if it is working at all...
    l9f9dxn8dc3e.jpg

• jonci
    1243 posts Member
    Censorship at its best i suppose by a belligerent organisation that wants to kill the game and move to another one in order to milk the cash cow.

Weirdly i had a survey sent to me yesterday by EA asking would i recommend BF2 to any one and what the issues were that would prevent me from doing so, (EORMM) was my main issue along with day 1 bugs and issues remaining, it included such questions of do i believe we have had enough content etc, to say i berate them, is an understatement, mainly aimed at the lack of any support, lack of content, we bought a AAA game as a live service, and if we had a contract they would be in breach, and open to legal redress.

26 pages on this megathread initiated by them and the last response from a moderator is a kick in the rear, and shows their contempt for their customers.
    If you cant beat them from the outside then i will try from the inside, i am purchasing shares in EA , and as a share holder i will get to ask questions and illicit responses as to why my investment isn't paying off.
  • It's fine (although I might not like it) if you guys don't want to keep your megathread on the first page, but if you don't want to, stop merging threads! This really is sly trickery.
  • It's shameful and beyond a joke, I got feedback email and filled it in, they won't look at it as it all negative, they only look at positive things, this confirms to me that they want to silence us as they want Christmas sales, but there is more than 1 way to skin a cat. What they want is not going to silence me
  • DICE, I love this game and will continue to play it, but the way that you have handled this situation is shameful. First you promise that it is only a weekend test, and then break that promise and leave on, and then ignore thousands of replies and feedback and continue to force it onto us.
  • im tweeting all responses from here on twitter.

its really a shame they have to be so shady about stuff.
  • wow..down to page 4 already!..lol. They are totally trying to bury this thread. Totally disrespectful to every person who posted on this 26 page thread.
  • As the old thread is being buried!...maybe we can start a new one for forum members to vent on? Lets have at it!
  • I needed a place to put all my "fuller games that were found 50% faster" videos
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Does this get bumped anymore?
  • I haven't played this game since Grievous came out and have been actively telling anyone even remotely interested in this dumpster fire not to buy it. Glad to see it hasn't changed at all
  • Does this get bumped anymore?

nope EA_Tom made it so it doesnt get bumped anymore so people wont find it. its a shame really!