criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

Replies

• Several threads closed in the last couple of days. It's not going away until you do something about it. It's probably getting more attention because of the disabling of this thread, which is fine with me.
  • EOR is terrible. Even playing during peak hours last night my brother and I got put in an empty lobby and had to back out and rejoin. It's going to kill off the game eventually when the playerbase eventually declines. During non-peak hours it can be hard to get full lobbies.
  • lagless
    65 posts Member
    edited January 3
    vel03ot169gb.gif

The Look you give when you're finally playing against a good squad in HVV with your squad and the game matchmakes both squads to different lobbies to go play against noobs. EOR :/
    Post edited by lagless on
    g5nbsc0lc37n.gif
  • Several threads closed in the last couple of days. It's not going away until you do something about it. It's probably getting more attention because of the disabling of this thread, which is fine with me.

I think we are becoming Kamino in the jedi temple archives.....if something isnt there then it doesnt excist!
  • The system doesn't work, but the Dev opinion seems to be "if we ignore it long enough the complaints will go away". It doesn't fix the problem, and just annoys the hell out of your customers. Brilliant PR strategy.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • vc6ikllavojp.jpeg
    6ziv2iy6w0m5.png

Posting both images because they’re relevant

As the poster and Ben clearly put it, the goal of EOR matchmaking is not to bring more balanced gameplay, but to fill lobbies. Which points to a larger problem that DICE used EOR matchmaking to put a band aid on the problem, rather than fix it

And in the second image, we got rolled with 95 reinforcements left on Kamino, you know one of the toughest objectives to crack in the game? I dunno in what world this type of team inbalance is okay

Fix the problem DICE, stop putting band aids on the problems that you created
  • I'm sure the developers look back on this thread every now and then for their own comic relief. It's just "our" fault guys....remember? Their "feedback" (which was never clarified) tells them that everyone else is fine and this is our personal problem.

They'll talk about XP events all day, but this is something they seem to be silencing.
  • they have already threatened to close this down once which is what they really want to do, i just wish there was more we could do to get something done. but hey all this is only gonna hurt them.
  • Zappa, there are other sites where it can be mentioned that EA have no power over.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Zappa, there are other sites where it can be mentioned that EA have no power over.

only know of here and twitter...
  • Idk what to do. I want to make a thread about EOR so badly but it will probably just get merged. And of course they have buried this thread because they don't want people to think EOR is broken (which it is).
  • Idk what to do. I want to make a thread about EOR so badly but it will probably just get merged. And of course they have buried this thread because they don't want people to think EOR is broken (which it is).

I guess Twitter is the only option...the devs dont have the ability to delete, silence and cover up things willy nilly over there do they?

Don’t bother they’ll just close it and tell you to come to this thread that doesn’t float because they don’t want new players to know about the problems

They think if they ignore it the problem will go away

I guess Twitter is the only option...the devs dont have the ability to delete, silence and cover up things willy nilly over there do they?

Im sure they can still block you....
    AuraStorm wrote: »
    Idk what to do. I want to make a thread about EOR so badly but it will probably just get merged. And of course they have buried this thread because they don't want people to think EOR is broken (which it is).

Don’t bother they’ll just close it and tell you to come to this thread that doesn’t float because they don’t want new players to know about the problems

they still can ban you from here if you break "the rules".

• AuraStorm wrote: »
    Idk what to do. I want to make a thread about EOR so badly but it will probably just get merged. And of course they have buried this thread because they don't want people to think EOR is broken (which it is).

Kind of like the whole slew of bugs that have persisted in this game for a year. They'll never answer any serious inquiries....only to drop in and say "hey, did you all have fun with Heroes Unleashed? Cause we can just do that for a while easily if you all want to treat it like content".

Or "We've limited maps this weekend because we know you all really want us to take away and put back maps constantly. "

We could write a book about the development staff of EA Battlefront....wouldn't be much praise....but they asked for it big time. Star Wars deserves a FAR more caring, devoted and creative team than any of the representatives we've been dealt.
  • Zappa2510 wrote: »
    Zappa, there are other sites where it can be mentioned that EA have no power over.

only know of here and twitter...

reddit :*
    51bvn954fmlp.png

told you EOR MM is kamino in the jedi archives....
  • Shameful.

I haven't played for a couple of months now and won't be returning unless and until this debacle is removed.

When SWBF2015 was having problems and people were threatening to veto EA games and not buy SWBF II I always said I would still buy the new game because I am a Star Wars fan... so of course I pre-ordered. Never again. If EA ever produce another Star Wars game I will watch the early adopters feedback closely before buying and I will never, ever, buy a non-Star Wars EA game new again.
  • EoR MM ==

Every
    Other
    Round

Mandatory
    Mixups

...unless paired against a group.

A couple days ago, I had EOR MM (“Turn it off! [TM]) place me against the same opponent team six times in a row! Each match had me mixed with a new batch of players on my team. Each match, players left within the first 4-5 kills. Each match was a steamroll.

1. Groups should only be paired against other groups.

-OR-

2. At the very least, voice chat should be enabled any time you’re in one of the small group modes.

EOR MM serves no purpose beyond being a failed slight-of-hand trick to draw our eyes away from the massively lag-inducing server consolidation.

Turn it off. It does nothing more than tick off players who finally encounter an evenly balanced match. It is a game killer.
  • #killEORMM
  • #killEORMM

• Codswallop. Look it up in the dictionary and there is a picture of the EA comms team...
  • Going from full games to empty lobbies, getting put in servers in different countries and yet nothing has been done or will it be done to fix this WHY!!!
  • Going from full games to empty lobbies, getting put in servers in different countries and yet nothing has been done or will it be done to fix this WHY!!!

Cause the Devs reckon we are wrong and they are right. They won't acknowledge anything else :-(
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • was just playing against friends and EOR matchmaked both teams to empty lobbies. Awesome!
    g5nbsc0lc37n.gif
  • lagless wrote: »
    was just playing against friends and EOR matchmaked both teams to empty lobbies. Awesome!

But its filling empty lobbies faster don't ya know ;)
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • lagless wrote: »
    was just playing against friends and EOR matchmaked both teams to empty lobbies. Awesome!

But its filling empty lobbies faster don't ya know ;)

Hilarious that it doesn’t even do the one thing its intended for

Turn it off DICE, stop ignoring us
  • jonci
    1243 posts Member
    They are not going to listen, despite the new posts people are submitting.
    Like i suggested keep comments coming where you feel they are appropriate, in any post.
  • I’ve been experiencing many one sided matches for a few weeks now, this new system obviously isn’t working well.
  • Pamela wrote: »
    I’ve been experiencing many one sided matches for a few weeks now, this new system obviously isn’t working well.

Its not intended to do that, its intended to fill lobbies and it can’t even do that right

Its just a band aid fixing the ping issue they broke in July
  • Still being put in games where I'm completely steamroled. You finally had a balanced match? Nice, let me ruin that for you next game. Why even play this if it's nothing but a spawnkill sim?

Also, my crosair dissapears when I zoom in with heavy weapons, kinda defeats the point of zooming in doesn't it?
    Pamela wrote: »
    I’ve been experiencing many one sided matches for a few weeks now, this new system obviously isn’t working well.

Its not intended to do that, its intended to fill lobbies and it can’t even do that right

I guess without all the cash from loot boxes EA/Dice are really showing how little they care about fixing bugs and adding content in a timely manner.
  • Fevee
    227 posts Member
    Fevee.
    PS4
    I don't know how you classify your regions, but I'm in Georgia.
    All matches are one-sided exterminations.
    All the time.
    All modes.
    Virginia's.
    In HvV, if one side gets 5 points before the other even gets one, just implement a mercy rule and kill the match already. And implement something similar for the other game modes, it gets so painfully obvious way early on that it's going to be a steamroll the entire session.,
  • Pamela wrote: »
    AuraStorm wrote: »
    Pamela wrote: »

I guess without all the cash from loot boxes EA/Dice are really showing how little they care about fixing bugs and adding content in a timely manner.

things really started going down hill after last february when the achievement stuff wouldnt unlock and its slowly been getting worse sadly.
  • Hello. Thank you for finding this top secret thread. You have officially reached the end of the internet.

end_internet_2.jpg

giphy.gif
  • February around the Corner. Time for statement re EORMM @F8RGE
  • I just picked this up for $5 and what a shiiter your EoR MM is. All I see is me getting killed in one shot from players with all purple cards or an army of Heroes saber slashing my face with all purple cards.
    No wonder I waited until another EA game was on sale for $5 lulz.
    Love the constant matches that have 10 players on one team scoring 50-80 kills each and the other team barely gets 10 kills or less per person.
    Dip shiites.
  • Into February and still no updates on a fix? Remove it DICE
  • Oh wow...I remember this thread!

"This is how liberty dies.."
  • While you reviewing this thread can you switch off EoR and switch on uk data centre
  • I still think this post should float so new players can see the problems
  • WhatAShame
    199 posts Member
    edited February 17
    @EA_DarDar
    @F8RGE

I'll start off by saying that the matchmaking system is so bad that it almost seems like an attempt to destroy the game, to get players to quit so that they move on to other EA purchases.

In your quest to make this game enjoyable you have done the exact opposite. Where is the trade off when players are getting removed from servers they are enjoying and having fun in to an empty ***** lobby that most likely will not fill? On what planet does that make sense?

1. Would like to challenge the powers that be to find more than one game in a row around 4AM CST without constantly getting kicked to an empty lobby at the end of each round. This definitely happens in a group of 2 or more and constantly happens solo as well. It's not just during the slow hours either. You can select Virginia, Oregon, Germany, etc. it doesn't matter so don't pretend it does. Everyone is in the same boat with this garbage system.

2. Would like the "devs" to create an origin party, at the end of the round have one person who wants to quit hit the quit button and watch it kick the entire party back to menu. (Here goes the empty lobby search again)

3. Would like whoever came up with the matchmaking system to provide real examples of it actually working with the given real life game population. It may work okay if or when there are 5x the normal amount of players but the rest of the time it is a disaster. Seriously destroying the game and player morale.

PS. How many lobbies have less than 10 people sitting waiting for players to join? My guess is more than 2. GG RIP
    You can't even play with buddies anymore because you just get kicked to lobbies waiting for 18 players. So who got to have fun? The guys who have been playing since release or the garbage noob that got your spot in the full server? So stupid....

OH YEAH, and as stated before I have been in super competitive matches, matches where it can not be possibly any more competitive, and at the end of the match you are either matchmaked to a lobby with total noobs, or an empty lobby. And the same thing happens to the other competitive team. So this system literally does not work any way you look at it. Unless of course the secret behind it is to destroy the communities interest.
  • WhatAShame wrote: »
    @EA_DarDar
    @F8RGE

I'll start off by saying that the matchmaking system is so bad that it almost seems like an attempt to destroy the game, to get players to quit so that they move on to other EA purchases.

I think this sums it up, this along with the stupid events that limit content. Like this last weekend, playing the same maps over and over again that are meant to be at night but aren't really.
    Devs are truly a bunch of fools.
  • The devs just want to keep this quiet so they don't have to fix their broken system.
  • We're thinking the current "development" team is 3 to 4 people.....change my mind, hah.
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Where the lobbies at? Lately it's been harder and harder to find games on bf2. oregon seems to not even have any lobbies up at all during the afternoon. What ever DICE is doing to the matchmaking Servers, please stop, go back, reverse it please, you arent improving the matchmaking, there are hundreds if not thousands of threads reporting issue but you don't seem to care. Giving fake comments saying you are getting positive feedback and improvements? but you have literally no proof of it. EOR MM doesn't work and it separates players. Just end it.