criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

Replies

• Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    OcDoc wrote: »
    Huh?

You play 2 games before matchmaking. So you always have a 50/50 mix of light side/dark side.

Misinformation!

It does happen, every 2 games you get thrown into a completely random server because you are no longer in the previous server's rotation.

Thing is though even if you start the first game of 2 when new hero's drop, and you start on the lightside, all that will happen is one or two of the darkside will leave after the Round making the game abandoned it.

This is the biggest issue I see as every one will be fighting to get the new hero. People will just leave trying to be able to get the hero. Matchmaking is really bad atm and lobbies don't fill that quick.

Dice really need to get rid of this matchmaking garbage and go back to the old way, I'd rather get steamrolled and have the choice of leaving myself after the game, than have a great competitive game just to be whacked into a empty lobby.

To be honest though if dice don't start communicating with the community soon I will have no choice but to quit this game, I'm sick and tired of this childish no reply, it takes a bigger man to say " hey sorry folks we messed up and we will revert back ". But no the childish way is to say nothing and pretend the community arnt happy.
  • Blinker wrote: »
    Huh?

You play 2 games before matchmaking. So you always have a 50/50 mix of light side/dark side.

Misinformation!

It does happen, every 2 games you get thrown into a completely random server because you are no longer in the previous server's rotation.

Thing is though even if you start the first game of 2 when new hero's drop, and you start on the lightside, all that will happen is one or two of the darkside will leave after the Round making the game abandoned it.

This is the biggest issue I see as every one will be fighting to get the new hero. People will just leave trying to be able to get the hero. Matchmaking is really bad atm and lobbies don't fill that quick.

Dice really need to get rid of this matchmaking garbage and go back to the old way, I'd rather get steamrolled and have the choice of leaving myself after the game, than have a great competitive game just to be whacked into a empty lobby.

To be honest though if dice don't start communicating with the community soon I will have no choice but to quit this game, I'm sick and tired of this childish no reply, it takes a bigger man to say " hey sorry folks we messed up and we will revert back ". But no the childish way is to say nothing and pretend the community arnt happy.

They could at the very least make it so that if we don't hit the button we don't leave the server, if I'm not mistaken that is how it worked the very first time they did this.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    I for one won't be wasting credits on the Grievous however for those who are going to unlock him there is one major concern. EoR MM is still turned on.

People will be FORCED to play as the light side 2 sometimes even 4 times in a row
    People will be FORCED into empty lobbies
    People will be FORCED back to the main menu screen because "we couldn't find any available games for you".
    People will be FORCED into foreign servers where lag can become a major issue.
    People will be FORCED into lobbies that are already well underway where the heroes are already taken
    People will be FORCED to play 4 man parties in HvV over and over again (people who have quit against my 4 person group are ALWAYS sent right back to us)

People will be FORCED to play the same few maps over and over again, this is problematic when it's an out of era map and Grievous costs more and a Kylo and Phasma are more likely to be taken out first.

It is gonna be hard enough to try and get him first when everyone (except me) are gonna be trying to get their hands on him. People want to play as him, people want to level him up, and people want to get their milestones done, how are they supposed to do all that with EoR MM turned on?

truth
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • this new EoR MM is really a waste of time, effort and resources
  • Legolas79391
    758 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Doesn't it take like one game of HvV for 2-3 levels during 1-10 stage and 1-2 levels during 11-20 stage on average? And for Dps character with ,presumably, more than average mobility it's gonna be even easier.

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• I was playing HvV today since my daily challenge was to defeat an enemy with maul. I was stuck on the heroes side for four games before being placed in villains.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I was playing HvV today since my daily challenge was to defeat an enemy with maul. I was stuck on the heroes side for four games before being placed in villains.

I know this is about hvv, but I just had challenge for 5000 points in ga, should take 1 or 2 games depending on if I join near end of first game, took me 1 hr searching to play 2 games. It's a shambles
  • GoodworkMann
    59 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Here's how the matchmaking works...

https://www.pcgamesn.com/ea-matchmaking-microtransactions-eomm-engagement-patent

Basically, the matchmaking AI decides whether you need a win or a lose to keep playing. Consequently, it puts you into a game that you're easily going to win or going to lose.

The upshot of all of this is that you're constantly getting dropped into games where you're either steamrolling the opposition, or getting horribly crushed at every turn.

Therefore every game has one massively superior side that annihilating the opposition.

It wouldn't surprise me if the weapon stats were altered according to your need to win or lose. We've all had games where we're either almost invincible with every shot hitting, or games where you seem to take more damage than you should, and find it really difficult to land a shot.

Matchmaking is no longer about pitting you against players with equal skill, it's all about keeping you interested in playing the game. Except it doesn't work because you rarely get a fair game, you just keep getting one-sided games because the matchmaking system doesn't factor FUN into its equation, it just decides whether you need to win or lose and therefore dumps you into a match where you're almost guaranteed the required result, no matter how easy or impossible the opposition is.

Now it all makes sense...this is why some players carry so hard getting 50-80 eliminations (while PTFO of course) and still lose.

Also, I agree how sometimes your weapons seem to have damage amplification or reduction, although you always use the same one or two weapons xd.
  • OcDoc
    1789 posts Member
    Huh?

Misinformation!

Actually that is not always true, the first lobby you join can already have played one match, leaving you with only one round as whatever side you landed before matchmaking sends you to a new lobby. In the new lobby you can be faced with the same situation, it's rare but i had it happen to me to play the same side 4 times in a row

I only see a path to playing 2 times in a row. How do you get to 4 in a row?

You could say 3 out of 4 but the next game would be a guaranteed 3 out of 5 scenario (at worst) unless you manually leave a lobby after a game that doesn’t take you to matchmaking.
  • As usual your comments are right on @Empire_TW.

I have a sour feeling we are stuck with this MM, I get the impression the devs feel it's working. Perhaps it is working as intended, it's just not improving our gameplay.

@F8RGE the community asked a question.

@F8RGE a lot of us have been asking for a very long time.

@F8RGE Radio silence.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • It will be most difficult to get Grievous on Prequel Trilogy maps (unless you are confident you'll be one of the first 2 to get a hero). I'm usually in the top 4 around that time but definitely not top 2 100% of the time. So my strategy is to target Grievous in the final phases of out-of-era maps. Usually I'll have 10-15k in BP's by then so I'll be able to immediately spawn in as Grievous at beginning of the phase and play him aggressively, without fear.

If I'm really hankering for some Grievous action, I'll just play a custom arcade match. I refuse to play HvV.

@F8RGE Radio silence.

I honestly think that @F8RGE has been told he has to keep silent on this or he is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Do you honestly think he is intentionally ignoring us all after all the work he has done in improving communication in here?
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • Skowsa wrote: »

@F8RGE Radio silence.

I honestly think that @F8RGE has been told he has to keep silent on this or he is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Do you honestly think he is intentionally ignoring us all after all the work he has done in improving communication in here?

I believe it 100 percent. It was first stated that the EOR MM was gonna be that weekend only then come monday surprise it aint going away.

I wonder how many devs actually play the game on a daily basis.
    Blinker wrote: »
    Huh?

Misinformation!

They could at the very least make it so that if we don't hit the button we don't leave the server, if I'm not mistaken that is how it worked the very first time they did this.

This would stretch the limits but would be acceptable (at least for me) - click to matchmake, no click, stay with the same lobby.

@F8RGE Radio silence.

I don't like that they lied about it on twitter, I'd take complete silence over that.
    Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Blinker wrote: »
    Huh?

Misinformation!

This would stretch the limits but would be acceptable (at least for me) - click to matchmake, no click, stay with the same lobby.

That is what it should be.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    I just don't get it, I am searching Default (US WEST OREGON) and am placed in Korean servers. Like DICE how is this happening?

I just don't get EOR Matchmaking, i don't understand how its working, it seems like it's just back to the September-August issue days where we have the Ping Site issues.

So i'm just asking if Ben @F8RGE or A Dev Team Member can simply explain what is going on and what test results were found. I wanna be as good as nice as possible since i usually complain and question whats going on but I just would like to see some actual results, I know the EOR is bad and EVERYONE is complaining about it but no word or official releases on the testing being done.

i would just like to know whats going on with the Matchmaking, I read others are having no issues but I find a game, in WEST US and it's fine, but 2 rounds after or 1 GA after (both teams play Attackers and Defenders) and it changes lobbies and it puts me in a new region.

Can we please get information on this?
  • Liz4rD
    1059 posts Member
    Use this link to report on EA Answers, we must try every method and site (including Twitter and Reddit) to make them hear us.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/123025/eor-mm-system-report-in-this-ea-answers-link
  • Liz4rD
    1059 posts Member
    Use this link to report on EA Answers, we must try every method and site (including Twitter and Reddit) to make them hear us.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/123025/eor-mm-system-report-in-this-ea-answers-link
  • I just wait three hours to play hero showdown. End up with my team mate being AFK, it’s rather enjoyable!

@F8RGE Radio silence.

I don't think he is intentionally ignoring us, no. I'm sure he isn't allowed to comment on it, for whatever reason.
    But this isn't an issue I'm going to let die either. I want to play this game, but not bad enough to deal with EOR MM.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.

@F8RGE Radio silence.

I don't think he is intentionally ignoring us, no. I'm sure he isn't allowed to comment on it, for whatever reason.
    But this isn't an issue I'm going to let die either. I want to play this game, but not bad enough to deal with EOR MM.

This issue cannot die, the game dies if people stop being vocal about this.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • When you have an issue with matchmaking, please record the exact time, and report the details of what the problem looks like on your end, using this thread:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Issues-with-the-EOR-matchmaking-system-examples/td-p/7129915/page/2
  • When you have an issue with matchmaking, please record the exact time, and report the details of what the problem looks like on your end, using this thread:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Issues-with-the-EOR-matchmaking-system-examples/td-p/7129915/page/2

Planning on doing that right now actually.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • bump. Please record exact time it happens, so they can check specific times in the logs, and so that they can see the extent of the problem. Make sure you look at the Original Post, so that you know what details they need.
  • I haven't had many problems, but this is a good way to go about it.
    Thank you.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Yep, they probably didn't even test it. I mean how could they? Well the community has tested it for you guys and it is terrible af. How does it make any sense to get kicked out of a full server to an empty one that never fills up. Just to please some noobs that cried about matchmaking for a long time? Shuffle the teams but let everyone stay on the same server if they want to.
  • There is no information on HOW they are trying to accomplish matchmaking, which is too bad, because maybe some of the more technically-minded people in these forums might have some input on what is going so terribly wrong and how to fix it. In the meantime, the rest of us all struggle with being the guinea pigs in a months-long failed experiment. In any case, please record the time the next time that happens to you, and report it at the link Liz posted above.
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    There is no information on HOW they are trying to accomplish matchmaking, which is too bad, because maybe some of the more technically-minded people in these forums might have some input on what is going so terribly wrong and how to fix it. In the meantime, the rest of us all struggle with being the guinea pigs in a months-long failed experiment. In any case, please record the time the next time that happens to you, and report it at the link Liz posted above.

ITS EVERY GAME, youplay a full round then get kicked, and placed in an empty lobby, i just searched a few games, got death star 2, game loaded then kicked me to the main menu. Then got endor, guess what, needs 15 players to start. ITS ALL THE TIME, i don't need to record or label all the experiences when it happens every day, no matter the time.

As of typing this its 7:45PM on the dot and I cannot find GA games. What a joke.
  • It's definitely not working right
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • I think the M/M problem is just ridiculous - mathematical problem solving with too many variables:
    1. Boss Gamers (the toughest crowd to please - no telling what they're really mad about?)
    2. Boss Players of this Game (just want to stay on server with ppl that know what the heck they're doing)
    3. Friends / Clans (refer to items 1 and 2 above)
    4. Young Players (Disney owns this franchise now - the reason I can't cuss at ppl on this forum)
    5. New Players (God bless um for trying... now mix this with any of the above and double/triple the outrage)
    6. Xbox, PS, and PC all have there own mound of personalities, special equipment, cheaters
    7. A million different Internet Service Providers and EA_DICE on the receiving end?
    8. The other 93 variables are money problems and job satisfaction (IMO)
  • Can I get an explanation for this @F8RGE ?
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • I would very much like for it to be turned off and not be turned back on again.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • DICE must be using this Negative(-ve) x Negative(-ve) = Positive(+ve) formula

:/

• SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Can I get an explanation for this @F8RGE ?

@Empire_TW LOL BRO BEN REPLIED, it's hilarious
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    Playing SA last night was an awful experience, played a match on Fondor, was then put on my own in a lobby with no one joining, quit and tried to find a game, but kept getting Fondor again so had to keep cancelling and trying again, eventually got in another match, but was the second round, so after that...was put in a lobby on my own again instead of staying in a playlist. So I quit again...try to find a match and keep getting Fondor....it went like this all night....please turn this EOR MM off
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    It's killing the game for me, constantly booted into empty lobbies, try to find a match only to be put in the one I just played
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    nah dude, you should read bens latest reply, just because you have issues, doesnt mean anybody else does.
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    *map not match
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    It's really bad and is ruining the game for me, put into empty lobbies after every round
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    It's awful
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    Has made the game unbearable
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    avmav wrote: »
    Has made the game unbearable

its gonna stay because DICE team are cross eyed, no wonder 40+ employees left.
  • From the forum this morning, can we just accept it was a failed experiment and move on? Please?
    jls2cm5aymd0.png
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    Why?

Why dont the devs or Community Managers, @F8RGE , say a word about it?

Why dont they give us at least a short explanation about a system that is ruinning the game and the game experience and pushing so many players to stop playing the game?

Why dont they acknowledge at least the feedback we are giving here and in other sites as reddit or Twitter?

Why did they ask for feedback and then ignore us?

Why do they insist on having active a system that is not working?

Why are they moving along and informing about new content and events when this mess is still here and with no signs of getting better or fixed?

If they have plans on continue some tweaking on the system, why dont they inform us?

Why is there not even A SINGLE WORD on this issue from the dev team?

A SINGLE ******* WORD...

heres the official reply from ben

First up, nobody is ignoring anyone. Also worth noting that this thread came about over the weekend, so it's plausible to understand that a response may not be immediate.
    EOR Matchmaking has given us some great data. We can see, when looking at things through a global lens that the time it takes to find a game has been reduced quite a bit. In some cases we've seen it reduced by over 50%
    We can also see that games are also fuller now.
    Both of these are goals we wanted to achieve, and in that respect the EOR MM is working very well.
    Now, because you are experiencing issues does not mean that everyone else playing is also experiencing it. If you've had problems I would ask that you detail them to us.
    Find yourself being put into empty lobbies or anything else that shouldn't be occurring? Give us a time stamp (including time zone), the ping site you're connected to and your gamer tag.