criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

Replies

• I just know we don't need it on ewok hunt. Otherwise it's definitely got some pros mixed with the cons.
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    SA is just unplayable and is my favourite mode
  • Turn off EOR MM!!! Game is a mess because of it, refuse to play anymore
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    First up, nobody is ignoring anyone. Also worth noting that this thread came about over the weekend, so it's plausible to understand that a response may not be immediate.

EOR Matchmaking has given us some great data. We can see, when looking at things through a global lens that the time it takes to find a game has been reduced quite a bit. In some cases we've seen it reduced by over 50%

We can also see that games are also fuller now.

Both of these are goals we wanted to achieve, and in that respect the EOR MM is working very well.

Now, because you are experiencing issues does not mean that everyone else playing is also experiencing it. If you've had problems I would ask that you detail them to us.

Find yourself being put into empty lobbies or anything else that shouldn't be occurring? Give us a time stamp (including time zone), the ping site you're connected to and your gamer tag.

You can just look at the first two pages of the forum and see.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• When will it be turned off?
    First up, nobody is ignoring anyone. Also worth noting that this thread came about over the weekend, so it's plausible to understand that a response may not be immediate.

EOR Matchmaking has given us some great data. We can see, when looking at things through a global lens that the time it takes to find a game has been reduced quite a bit. In some cases we've seen it reduced by over 50%

Both of these are goals we wanted to achieve, and in that respect the EOR MM is working very well.

Now, because you are experiencing issues does not mean that everyone else playing is also experiencing it. If you've had problems I would ask that you detail them to us.

Find yourself being put into empty lobbies or anything else that shouldn't be occurring? Give us a time stamp (including time zone), the ping site you're connected to and your gamer tag.

So basically theres a big chance this crap will still be running when the Grievous update lands. Wow, you guys are just on a roll. Way to kill your own game, update after update I gets that more cringe, and here I thought you guys were turning a new leaf. I'm almost convinced this game never actually got past the beta phase, we're just your lab rats, we'll whoever's still left playing this forsaken game.

From over 100k monthly users to probably under 30k, and still dropping. Hmm, I wonder what the correlation is?

This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Remove matchmaking, its worthless and is just a masked new lobby search. Not the team shuffle that everyone was asking for. It's a failed experiment and just further extincting this game.
    xnvLDB.gif

@F8RGE no one is currently complaining about time between rounds or balance. Everyone’s main complaints are about getting thrown into new servers unwillingly which has the following negative impacts:

1. Map rotation is pointless now if you’re thrown into a random server always.
    2. You’re never guaranteed to play the opposite side anymore onthe next match.
    3. Matches that ARE balanced are promptly split up and you’re rolling the dice again. The MM should not split up good servers.
    4. You never get to play with/against the same players. You don’t get to build a “rivalry” or make any online friends since you’re never in a match with a stranger for more than 1 round.
    5. The servers people are forced into are sometimes empty, or have lots of lag.

To fix all of this, either:
    A. Allow the player to CHOOSE whether they’re changing servers by choosing to
    press the “matchmake” button. A lot of this would be easier to accept if it wasn’t forced.
    B. Disable EOR MM and just implement a team shuffle in the same server which is what players have been requesting for months.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    EoR MM is more about Failure than solutions.

Wonder how it will be in BFV since we are clearly beta testing it for it.
    Abuuru wrote: »
    I plan to back out of lobbies and rejoin until I get darkside.

You will probably be waiting more than playing.

true but I'll still be leveling grievous faster than doing 5 rounds of LS in a row
  • What I don't understand about the latest matchmaking testing is how you just end up being put on the opposing team???

The main reason I hit the matchmaking button is to get away from cheese balls who are exploiting, camping and generally griefing...

The last thing I want is to actually play with these people.

I still end up quitting and looking for a new game
  • bfloo
    15522 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »

So you are breaking the more populated regions to fix the smaller regions.

9qjlbqgumvqc.png
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Visit this link to report EOR MM system 'not working'

This is the link.
    Please bomb this link with your reports.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Issues-with-the-EOR-matchmaking-system-examples/td-p/7129915
  • Post in this link your case:

Please bomb this link with your reports.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Issues-with-the-EOR-matchmaking-system-examples/td-p/7129915

Great. I haven't had it happen to me, except for very rarely.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • I'm curious what the average wait time between games actually is. If I originally had to wait for 20 minutes before a lobby filled up, waiting for 10 minutes is still unacceptable even though it's technically an "improvement". Personally, I will give this game another try once Grievous drops, but it will be on a very short leash.
  • You...play the game

It’s CRAZY, I know
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • I'm curious what the average wait time between games actually is. If I originally had to wait for 20 minutes before a lobby filled up, waiting for 10 minutes is still unacceptable even though it's technically an "improvement". Personally, I will give this game another try once Grievous drops, but it will be on a very short leash.

Personally I find games very quickly, so I'm happy for the speed.. what bored me is the map rotation and the times that I must play the light side for 2 or more times.

@F8RGE the main problem with MM is it kills balanced servers, and makes searching for a balanced server worthless because you will be forced to leave it.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.

Wow!...just wow!..lol. Just take a look at this forum @F8RGE. If you cant see what the majority of the community is complaining about then this game is well and truly finished.

Wow!...just wow!..lol. Just take a look at this forum @F8RGE. If you cant see what the majority of the community is complaining about then this game is well and truly finished.

You do realize they have an overview of exactly how the game is going right? He is probably speaking in terms of statistics and data. But sense when have those been infallible.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    Cheers, have posted there, hopefully they take note
  • WhatAShame wrote: »
    Yep, they probably didn't even test it. I mean how could they? Well the community has tested it for you guys and it is terrible af. How does it make any sense to get kicked out of a full server to an empty one that never fills up. Just to please some noobs that cried about matchmaking for a long time? Shuffle the teams but let everyone stay on the same server if they want to.

Dice! EA HEAR US!
  • Agree completely
    I have quit playing BF2 until matchmaking is removed
    Maybe if we all did?

That'd be perfect, maybe then we'd all go buy BFV and they could finally shut down this games servers. At last this little experiment could finally be over for them.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • EightMile
    1864 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @F8RGE this is an example of playing the game every time you try. Every time. Every day. Every game. Game Lobby starts off 25% full and everyone quits.
    Im not going to beta test and report this. Game deleted.
    rn7nx34ujmfx.jpg
    onbp0b8s9uc2.jpg
    uxp4hqwkg5aa.jpg
    4xempz2w6yoy.jpg
    mnyp15wmb50y.jpg
    h17iqzknzd2y.jpg
    3j147o4tjn91.jpg
    twocfh8org32.jpg
    a1e0u9u7i1la.jpg
    avfhb1mwkgmt.jpg
    wdjyxlm7k89u.jpg
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    I for one won't be wasting credits on the Grievous however for those who are going to unlock him there is one major concern. EoR MM is still turned on.

People will be FORCED to play as the light side 2 sometimes even 4 times in a row
    People will be FORCED into empty lobbies
    People will be FORCED back to the main menu screen because "we couldn't find any available games for you".
    People will be FORCED into foreign servers where lag can become a major issue.
    People will be FORCED into lobbies that are already well underway where the heroes are already taken
    People will be FORCED to play 4 man parties in HvV over and over again (people who have quit against my 4 person group are ALWAYS sent right back to us)

People will be FORCED to play the same few maps over and over again, this is problematic when it's an out of era map and Grievous costs more and a Kylo and Phasma are more likely to be taken out first.

It is gonna be hard enough to try and get him first when everyone (except me) are gonna be trying to get their hands on him. People want to play as him, people want to level him up, and people want to get their milestones done, how are they supposed to do all that with EoR MM turned on?

The FORCE is strong with this post.
  • Well, this was an extremely interesting thread which I think has been given an answer that each of you have to decide what you believe.

1. You're own anecdotal evidence and the voices on here and on Reddit and Twitter.
    2. Response from EA/DICE saying there behind the scenes evidence shows a different picture. Infact a happier picture.

Bearing in mind how small the comminity is on here and how smaller it's getting and how small Reddit and Twitter actually is compared to the millions that actually play the game :wink: , well it's extremely likely that their data is correct and it's only small pockets that are having issues and they're actually telling the truth and it's working really well.

A final thought though if you believe what they say. They did say it wasn't a droidika but a landspeed so...

Either way, I think a lot of you should now get the message that I got when the game lost it's cash cow when it was fully released. It seems after this more of you might finally understand.

Enjoy tomorrow, I know I will... watching these forums melt that is...

• As usual your comments are right on @Empire_TW.

I have a sour feeling we are stuck with this MM, I get the impression the devs feel it's working. Perhaps it is working as intended, it's just not improving our gameplay.

its a quick and dirty fix.
    that failed.
  • riverslq wrote: »
    As usual your comments are right on @Empire_TW.

I have a sour feeling we are stuck with this MM, I get the impression the devs feel it's working. Perhaps it is working as intended, it's just not improving our gameplay.

its a quick and dirty fix.
    that failed.

That’s too much credit given.

You can’t even call it a fix.
  • It's clear DICE won't remove the end of round matchmaking system. @F8RGE keeps saying they are getting good results and that servers are being found faster. Personally I would have preferred a team shuffle after every 2 rounds. So I get to play each side on a map and then teams are shuffled. But with the current system they could easily fix it if they just made matchmaking optional. There's literally already a button there that says matchmake. So get rid of the automatic matchmaking and allow us to choose whether we want to leave. I'm tired of getting sent to empty lobbies :/
  • Well, this was an extremely interesting thread which I think has been given an answer that each of you have to decide what you believe.

1. You're own anecdotal evidence and the voices on here and on Reddit and Twitter.
    2. Response from EA/DICE saying there behind the scenes evidence shows a different picture. Infact a happier picture.

Bearing in mind how small the comminity is on here and how smaller it's getting and how small Reddit and Twitter actually is compared to the millions that actually play the game :wink: , well it's extremely likely that their data is correct and it's only small pockets that are having issues and they're actually telling the truth and it's working really well.

A final thought though if you believe what they say. They did say it wasn't a droidika but a landspeed so...

Either way, I think a lot of you should now get the message that I got when the game lost it's cash cow when it was fully released. It seems after this more of you might finally understand.

I want to see evidence that this working because literally, all evidence besides a few words on twitter says otherwise (which again weren't back by anything). If just about all feedback on this here on the forum is negative, odds are if you increased the pool of people odds are it would still be extremely negative.

I hardly care about new content, but proper support isn't impossible when you lose your monetization. Them turning this off won't cost them a dime.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • I think the very first time they tried this EoR MM thing that is how it worked. Since then the button got removed but now in this iteration, it is simply a false choice.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    PS4 - US Central
    Gamer tag the same as my forum ID. Played 2 rounds of Kamino SA and then sorted to staring at this for almost 15 minutes:
    uxb945znzp7m.jpg

It was 5 needed initially, went down to 2, is currently 7, and I'm exiting to the menu as soon as I hit post
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Cave_Miner wrote: »
    It's clear DICE won't remove the end of round matchmaking system. @F8RGE keeps saying they are getting good results and that servers are being found faster. Personally I would have preferred a team shuffle after every 2 rounds. So I get to play each side on a map and then teams are shuffled. But with the current system they could easily fix it if they just made matchmaking optional. There's literally already a button there that says matchmake. So get rid of the automatic matchmaking and allow us to choose whether we want to leave. I'm tired of getting sent to empty lobbies :/

That's probably what's supposed to happen, but it's stuck in "testing" configuration. I've rarely had empty lobbies (which filled fast {seconds}, or faster than expected{minutes}, except for ones with low population as the norm), and two repeat maps (one in extraction, one yesterday).
    I don't mind which system they use though.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • do people not realize dice is trolling with the battlefront 2 community at this point? the mods have read the feedback and 95% of it is negative and for forge to come out with a statement like that, its obviously a ruse.
  • Honestly, I don't know what was wrong with the way it was with no MM.
    Clan dominating a lobby? Re-queue. Now you won't be stuck with them again.
    Bad team? Re-queue. Rinse, repeat until balance is found.
    Good team? Want to stay with them and dominate? Stay in lobby as long as you like.
    Good balance? Stay in lobby as long as you like.
    I understand this method of MM may not have been immediately obvious to a new player, but it doesn't take long to figure it out.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • @F8RGE also how would I make a report that includes the Ping site when EoR MM could very well move me to a different one? Being FORCED into laggy lobbies because it switched ping sites.
    hojevrxvarht.png

Like that user on reddit who tried to disprove my claims because EA/DICE's "evidence" says otherwise.

Like I answered there, I'll answer here: EA/DICE has lied, misinformed, kept info in the shadow, and even mocked us in the past on updates on this game. One example to each:
    - LIED: Each Update will come with 0, 2 or more heroes (tomorrow we will get one hero);
    - MISINFORMED: Maul's Frantic Strikes Card will be replaced because it has very little use (no, it doesn't have any use, it doesn't do anything)
    - IN THE SHADOW: Palpatine's lightning through walls was a feature (they only told us it was a feature months after people were complaining about it being a BUG)
    - MOCK: They made promo material showing a bugged weapon in all its glory (even with many players complaining everywhere about the DC-15LE with ES being bugged, they released a promo video showing a single heavy melting vader with said BUG weapon)

What makes us believe their internal tests and collected information lead to the conclusion that MM was a success? I for one don't believe in anything they didn't bring good proof to us. The anecdotal experience of people in this forum, plus the rate of good/bad feedback too is to me much more reliable then official statements from DICE.

The same company which defended Chewie getting a Health on Ability Kill instead of a simpler Heal on Kill because he already had "high health". This High Health, which is 650, is the 3rd lowest health a hero has on this game:
    800 - Vader, Grievous
    750 - Rey, Luke, Kylo
    700 - Phasma, Maul, Palpatine, Yoda
    650 - Chewbacca, Han, Leia, Iden, Lando
    600 - Finn, Bossk
    550 - Boba

But then you have a Star Card which increases chewie's health to 800. However both Vader and Grievious, who also have 800 HP, have the heal on kill card, not the heal on ability kill card. Vader can even go to 950 HP with his health card, and still has the HoK card as well. Lando OTOH is like chewie, he has 650 HP and has a card that brings his health to 800, just like chewie, but he is getting a Heal on Kill card instead of a heal on ability kill.

Their reasoning is fake, therefore I don't trust them unless with undisputable proof. Saying Matchmaking is a success because their internal reports said so can be a lie just like any other of the multiple they've already thrown at us
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • I’m gonna say I think it works as intended sometimes. When it does work it probably does fill the lobby faster. I’m gonna give the Devs the benefit of the doubt here. I don’t have the data, so obviously none of us as the consumer actually know. Personally I am willing to be patient here. I know you’re trying, so I give you props for that. Although I read some of the responses on these types of threads, I’ve been trying to remain out of the conversation. I also have respect @F8RGE for you trying to be a good representative, in being interactive and transparent with community.

But @F8RGE come on, your response is forcing me to weigh in here. Did this thread that @Empire_TW start yesterday? Techniquely, yes. But that’s such a politican response you just gave there. There has been EOR MM threads bringing up concerns since you first introduced it. They’re one of the most heavily viewed and most responded threads on the forum, that is continually getting bumped up. Those that are against it aren’t just the loudest. They arent just a small minority of the responses on the matter and aren’t just the same few people. Whether the Devs are willing to admit it or not, it seems to be a legitimate concern for the community.

You are naive to think this is just an isolated incidence that is occuring with a small few. This is the same response you gave recently with the Xbox connectivety issue. That is such a disappointing response. Just say we respect the issues and concerns people are having with our EOR MM feature. We are continuing to make it a top priority and a more enjoyable experience for our fanbase. We will continue to monitor feedback on our feature and apologize for any inconvience it is providing.

And dude, I’ve created a hand full of tickets on glitches or bugs I’ve experienced since released and have been pretty patient. But I’m not wasting an entire evening filling out a ticket everytime an incident has occured with the EOR MM. That’s I’m sorry, I’m going to save someone the effort here, such a [deleted] response. If your telemetric data doesn’t show that its not just an isolated incident than its not working right or you have biased data.

I have had issues with it every time I’ve been online. Occassionally it hasn’t been much of an issue, seems to me to be around peak times, and other times I can’t get into a match. Sometimes its 4 of us just sitting there, sometimes we’re waiting on just 1 more player to start, sometimes its 14 people on one team and 3 people on the other, sometimes I’m the sole person in the lobby. Sometimes it doesn’t matter if I wait it out, sometimes it doesn’t matter if I quit and try to re-enter another lobby, sometimes I have to wait 3 minutes just to find a lobby from the menu, sometimes I get put into a lobby that just literally finished a match and have to again re-enter new said lobby, and sometimes its not an issue at all. But its not an isolated issue and its not just one game mode. Last night I wanted to play a game or two of Ewok Hunt just because I havent played it in awhile and there was no one to play with, on numerous lobby attempts and after a sufficient amount of time waiting. After 13 minutes of trying and waiting I moved on to playing GA. Friday I got put into a GA lobby with 2 other players and I decided I’d be patient and just wait it out. I prepared and cooked dinner, and ate it while watching the World Series and it was the exact same 3 of us just sitting there when I went to check on it 25 mins (3.5 innings) later.

I’m not mad. It doesn’t really bug me personally, although on occasion I find it a little frustrating and inconvenient. But please dont give such a poor PR response when someone like @Empire_TW or anyone else is trying communicate back a legitimate concern or feedback they have. More than likely you’ve been asked by your Community Manager or higher up to respond this way, and feel for you. Hopefully, you have thick skin and don’t go home taking any of this personally, because you shouldn’t. But please communicate to whoever is heading these decisions that these types of responses aren’t well received customer service and taken by some with disdain and disrespect.

I apologize if this reply rumbs anyone the wrong way and am appreciative @F8RGE of the enthusiasm and hardwork you continue to infuse into the community.

Thanks for all of the continued developments and work you all put so tiredless into, on a project I know you’re all also so passionate about. Looking forward to what you have to release tomorrow.
  • Maybe it only effects PS4 (or doesn't effect Xbox One)?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    Maybe it only effects PS4 (or doesn't effect Xbox One)?

Hmm, I think I remember someone saying they were having problems, and they had an Xbox One, but maybe I'm thinking of the Xbox one glitch awhile back.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Someone else with an xbox one said they were having a problem joining a game, but that happens sometimes, so it might go against my theory.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • You could fix it by removing end of round matchmaking.
  • removing end of round matchmaking!! No one wants it!