criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

Replies

• I should also throw in that I cannot play with my friends in my squad continuously because EoR MM ALWAYS splits us up ever other game.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • MillSmit
    291 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Just got Grievous and checked him out on arcade. Tried to go on Heroes vs Villains, waited around, then got the message "we were unable to find you a game". Tried again, and was told we were waiting for 4 players. Then 5. Doesn't look a great improvement to me.
  • did a few rounds of heros vs villians us virginia ping site on pc. near impossible to get pops on the Australian ping site did a round light side and then it went into matchmaking and light side again. checked general grievous out in arcade he's great but it's going to be a major pain to level him up in mp if your not going darkside round after lightside round in hvs or GA
  • merc334 wrote: »
    did a few rounds of heros vs villians us virginia ping site on pc. near impossible to get pops on the Australian ping site did a round light side and then it went into matchmaking and light side again. checked general grievous out in arcade he's great but it's going to be a major pain to level him up in mp if your not going darkside round after lightside round in hvs or GA

It's the only issue when they only release a hero for one side, they should have waited till obi was ready and that would have gave people a reason to stay in a room and being on the lightside, it's common sense which these devs simply don't have.
  • astrotrain101
    346 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Everyone i play GA with are repeatedly booted from a good game to an empty foreign server. Game over

One good GA game after the update tonight then BAM, empty server... Game over
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    First up, nobody is ignoring anyone. Also worth noting that this thread came about over the weekend, so it's plausible to understand that a response may not be immediate.

EOR Matchmaking has given us some great data. We can see, when looking at things through a global lens that the time it takes to find a game has been reduced quite a bit. In some cases we've seen it reduced by over 50%

We can also see that games are also fuller now.

Both of these are goals we wanted to achieve, and in that respect the EOR MM is working very well.

Now, because you are experiencing issues does not mean that everyone else playing is also experiencing it. If you've had problems I would ask that you detail them to us.

Find yourself being put into empty lobbies or anything else that shouldn't be occurring? Give us a time stamp (including time zone), the ping site you're connected to and your gamer tag.

First off when the testing for that weekend didnt end as you said it was you replied back to me on twitter about it. Since then there has been tons of threads and posts on here complaining about it over the last three weeks or longer. And yes your mods knew about the complaints as they have been handing out warnings to people left and right.

Do you play the game any? if so how long per day? Im curious why you wont listen to the group of people who devote alot of their time playing the game and telling you all why its not fun. I understand servers cost money and its better to have them filled up. Seems like there is a better way to listen to what people has been telling you then going by statistics saying servers are full. It wont matter if people start leaving when they dont enjoy the game anymore and feel burned by those who are running it.
  • I've tried to play Galactic Assault 2x today and after 2 rounds the EOR Matchmaking kicks in and takes me from a fun and competitive game of Galactic Assault and puts me into a different game mode entirely-Heroes vs. Villains-which is completely empty. This doesn't work. It's the definition of broken. It's a failure that most don't want. You asked for feedback then ignored it. I give up.
  • What the actual f...so now it's even putting us into different game modes. Wow just wow...good going Dice.
  • Happened also to me, and i read to other people too from the chat in game, fantastic
  • I've tried to play Galactic Assault 2x today and after 2 rounds the EOR Matchmaking kicks in and takes me from a fun and competitive game of Galactic Assault and puts me into a different game mode entirely-Heroes vs. Villains-which is completely empty. This doesn't work. It's the definition of broken. It's a failure that most don't want. You asked for feedback then ignored it. I give up.
    Wow. Of all the complaints about MM, this one takes the cake.
  • maybe it's a new playlist we dont know about. Or maybe it's another bug.
  • This sounds similar to the discussion about merging Strike and Extraction. Maybe they are testing something but I don’t like the sound of this at all.
  • I've been playing Black Ops 4. The game is horrible, but at least I can queue up and get a game in 5-10 seconds. I would really rather play Battlefront 2 though.
  • would be playing battlefront 2 aswell. when ever we complain to devs they come back that its fine nothing is wrong servers are full everything is right in the world. we all know thats not the truth at all!
  • seems like we are losing control more and more each day of choosing what we wanna play in the game.
  • quenaelin
    1102 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    if you are playing bad enough, it will but you back to arcade mode, that would be great matchmaking :o
  • Hahahahahhahha This is so a DICE thing to happen!
    giphy.gif

“Pessimism never won any battle.”
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

“Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They’re just braver five minutes longer.”
    -Ronald Reagan
  • Ashanor wrote: »
    I've been playing Black Ops 4. The game is horrible, but at least I can queue up and get a game in 5-10 seconds. I would really rather play Battlefront 2 though.

Black Ops is trash, an even buggier and broken release than Pubg. I don't know if this is just a new marketing strategy to see how much crap the customer puts up with, but it's really getting old. Please Dice, go back to launch settings, if people want some matchmaking, they should quit and go find a better balanced lobby.

Once you find one now, you just get booted into an empty one, where people slowly leave until empty. Broken.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Ashanor wrote: »
    Please remove matchmaking.

What they need to do is to add server browser so people can play maps they want, not generated randomly by game.
  • well it seems they are not listening to what we want, they just decide, ok this is the KPI we will measure and totally ignore the communities (here, reddit and twitter).
  • Cave_Miner wrote: »
    It's clear DICE won't remove the end of round matchmaking system. @F8RGE keeps saying they are getting good results and that servers are being found faster. Personally I would have preferred a team shuffle after every 2 rounds. So I get to play each side on a map and then teams are shuffled. But with the current system they could easily fix it if they just made matchmaking optional. There's literally already a button there that says matchmake. So get rid of the automatic matchmaking and allow us to choose whether we want to leave. I'm tired of getting sent to empty lobbies :/

This is not the way for fixing empty rounds, but to add server browser like most of other DICE games have it. BF1 have it so I dont understand why this garbage dont have it. That way people can play maps they like, not random generated by system.
  • It seems like this problem has not been evenly and consistently experienced in the player base. Some people see it all the time, some don't see it all.

Personally, I had a few problems now and then with being sent to empty lobbies, but then it got better two or three weeks ago, maybe more. However, last night I played with friends and it happened in EVERY game we played -- play two maps, get forced into matchmaking, end up in a lobby with no one but us in it. We quit early because of it.
  • GreenArrow wrote: »
    Ashanor wrote: »

What they need to do is to add server browser so people can play maps they want, not generated randomly by game.

No they will not do it, as otherwise ppl would still play SWBF2 instead of BFV...
  • MillSmit wrote: »
    Just got Grievous and checked him out on arcade. Tried to go on Heroes vs Villains, waited around, then got the message "we were unable to find you a game". Tried again, and was told we were waiting for 4 players. Then 5. Doesn't look a great improvement to me.

That's a main issue, but apparently "games are filling faster" which is a statement that is currently backed by absolutly nothing.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • GreenArrow wrote: »

Server browser sure isn't happening especially now that they took away our choice to even stay in one.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • It should be turned off period at this point.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    MillSmit wrote: »

That's a main issue, but apparently "games are filling faster" which is a statement that is currently backed by absolutly nothing.

Like it was a problem, ok maybe sometimes i had to wait longer, but then i just quit and find a new lobby MYSELF, did not need help with that ! and now if i find a balanced lobby, it gets destroyed after 2 rounds...
  • KrocketOnBoost
    510 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Jumped on, really stoked to get to play as Grevious. The epic EOR MM put me on the light side in HvV 11(ELEVEN TIMES!!!) times in a row.

[removed dice dev insult]
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • Lol. Nice one.
  • For sure
  • EOR MM is the worse thing to happen to this game!
  • Yeah this is the case most of the time, but just to be the cherry on the cake General Grievous is terrible which is a complete let down seeing as he was my favourite villain.
  • @F8RGE the new update brings a new bug: can't select another hero during HvV matches. I'm on PC, don't know if it's happening on consoles as well.
  • Battlefront never had these issues did it? Why all of a sudden are we having all these issues?
    GreenArrow wrote: »

Server browser sure isn't happening especially now that they took away our choice to even stay in one.

they are the deathstar and we are alderaan.

they turned on EOR MM and all at once a million voices went up in terror.
  • We need Luke to take down this (EOR MM) battle station, and bring balance to the Force.
    I for one won't be wasting credits on the Grievous however for those who are going to unlock him there is one major concern. EoR MM is still turned on.

People will be FORCED to play as the light side 2 sometimes even 4 times in a row
    People will be FORCED into empty lobbies
    People will be FORCED back to the main menu screen because "we couldn't find any available games for you".
    People will be FORCED into foreign servers where lag can become a major issue.
    People will be FORCED into lobbies that are already well underway where the heroes are already taken
    People will be FORCED to play 4 man parties in HvV over and over again (people who have quit against my 4 person group are ALWAYS sent right back to us)

People will be FORCED to play the same few maps over and over again, this is problematic when it's an out of era map and Grievous costs more and a Kylo and Phasma are more likely to be taken out first.

It is gonna be hard enough to try and get him first when everyone (except me) are gonna be trying to get their hands on him. People want to play as him, people want to level him up, and people want to get their milestones done, how are they supposed to do all that with EoR MM turned on?

This matchmaking system is legit aids, on the bright side I get general grievous because no one chooses him since he is terrible :smile:
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    First up, nobody is ignoring anyone. Also worth noting that this thread came about over the weekend, so it's plausible to understand that a response may not be immediate.

EOR Matchmaking has given us some great data. We can see, when looking at things through a global lens that the time it takes to find a game has been reduced quite a bit. In some cases we've seen it reduced by over 50%

We can also see that games are also fuller now.

Both of these are goals we wanted to achieve, and in that respect the EOR MM is working very well.

Now, because you are experiencing issues does not mean that everyone else playing is also experiencing it. If you've had problems I would ask that you detail them to us.

Find yourself being put into empty lobbies or anything else that shouldn't be occurring? Give us a time stamp (including time zone), the ping site you're connected to and your gamer tag.

This makes me sick, 70% of the forum is moaning about the same issue with EOR matchmaking but you say its okay. So that is a massive middle finger to us eh? I really hope this IP is given to such a more deserving studio who actually care.

each time i see this comment from F8RGE it makes me feel exactly this, or even more, like someone spitting in my face, i have seen maybe 3-4 positive comments on the EOR MM, but the number of ppl screaming and shouting to take it down are countless. Wonder what would happen if
    Rockstar
    would do a Star Wars game... that would be so EPIC, at least they care about the franchise they are doing, fair we have to wait a long time for a game from them, but when it arrives, oh man !
  • Zirius wrote: »
    @F8RGE the new update brings a new bug: can't select another hero during HvV matches. I'm on PC, don't know if it's happening on consoles as well.

It is but it does let you select the heroes however it won’t let you move the selector box but your still getting he animations if that make sense to you.
    @F8RGE the new update brings a new bug: can't select another hero during HvV matches. I'm on PC, don't know if it's happening on consoles as well.

It is but it does let you select the heroes however it won’t let you move the selector box but your still getting he animations if that make sense to you.

There is that; but I think what he's referring to is not being able to change your character AFTER the match starts. I've been having this problem since the update on Xbox One S.

There is that; but I think what he's referring to is not being able to change your character AFTER the match starts. I've been having this problem since the update on Xbox One S.

That's right.
  • You can change the character, all that’s happening here is the cursor is stuck. You have to die or respawn and when you’re on the menu, deselect the hero you’re using (that’s B for me on Xbox) and then you can select another hero.

It’s just the animation that’s not working if you get me, you can still change heroes.

Oh ok
  • I generally have lots of patience, I’ve pushed on regardless of many bugs, EOR matchmaking, glitches galore but this is too much.

You’ve broken the spirit of HvV and totally ruined something I loved playing. Note the past tense.

The whole point of HvV is to play as a team with the ability to change up your gameplay and/or hero depending on your allies and opponents abilities and now it’s all gone belly up as we can’t change.

Whatever hero/ villain you choose you are stuck with and if you try to change then you’re stuck in no man’s land until the timer puts you back in play.

So thanks a lot Dice, well done on a great job of breaking HvV, it’s infuriating to learn that this update was released knowing that this mess was going to happen! You have the opportunity to have a really great game but your standards are shoddy and testing apparently sub-par. It’s embarrassing.
  • Has anyone else been getting the same maps over and over again? I'm getting the same 4 or 5 maps and it started when they introduced the new match making system. I don't think I've seen maps like Yavin 4 in over a month.
  • From another thread I posted in:

You can change the character, all that’s happening here is the cursor is stuck. You have to die or respawn and when you’re on the menu, deselect the hero you’re using (that’s B for me on Xbox) and then you can select another hero.

It’s just the animation that’s not working if you get me, you can still change heroes.