criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why is Matchmaking still on! My theory.

Well I just updated the game today and played it for the first time in weeks.

And wow that broken Matchmaking garbage is back. played 8 mins then Matchmake kicked in and you end up in empty server.

Well done you win, I turned off the game right after that.

My theory is that EA is forcing this broken system in the hopes of frustrating players so they quit Star Wars, and instead purchase Battlefield V.

Well this is not going to work for me BF5 will be the first ever BF I wont buy.

Been a loyal fan since BF 1942. Game Over DICE. Its dead Jim!

No Xbox and PC purchase this year for that franchise, especially how this game was handled by EA and DICE.

They are lucky I am a Star Wars fan, its the only reason I booted it up this broken game today.

And wasted my time its still full of bugs.

Replies

• DarthJ
    5399 posts Member
    hmm...potentially....

I had the same issue yesterday - played one game last night for the first time in weeks. It was well balanced, good fight. Then, at the end it matchmakes automatically, took 2 minutes before saying 'travelling to Endor' and then dumped me in a lobby that stayed on 'waiting for 15 players' before I quit as it wasn't filling up. Went back to RDR2, much better.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Worst customer service I have ever experienced in my entire life. I will not buy any EA game ever again. The match making system has ruined Battlefront 2.
  • Ok, I got kicked out after the match and then an error after that. I got tired and just quit the game.
  • I don’t see this system working so well when the player base gets low.
  • avmav
    529 posts Member
    Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Worst customer service I have ever experienced in my entire life. I will not buy any EA game ever again. The match making system has ruined Battlefront 2.

This
  • AxeWin wrote: »

And wow that broken Matchmaking garbage is back. played 8 mins then Matchmake kicked in and you end up in empty server.

My theory is that EA is forcing this broken system in the hopes of frustrating players so they quit Star Wars, and instead purchase Battlefield V.

No Xbox and PC purchase this year for that franchise, especially how this game was handled by EA and DICE.

They are lucky I am a Star Wars fan, its the only reason I booted it up this broken game today.

Yeah totally agree on this one with you, i have few Battlefield titles myself, big fan of Battlefield 1 - was not into online shooters as i like to have some juicy story to it. but BF1 really brought me back to these kind of games. as a fan of Star Wars automatically brought Battlefront 1 with all DLC, had tons tons tons of fun, even thou i am mediocre at best. with BF it was the same till they started beta testing on live, production environment. Ok weekend test, i got thru it but it was hard on me, then Modnay came, and surprise M... it is still on, now new hero arrivers and i cannot have fun with it because if i find (for a change now) a lobby where we are not steamrolled but it is rather balanced, after two matches we are FORCEFULLY thrown out to new lobbies. i could probably live if it would only throw out ppl who want to be "matchmade" and leave the others in the lobby (but from my perspective we had that functionality allready - you exit lobby and join a new one from the menu).

And this brings me to conclusion that they just do not give a, well nothing, for this game, they want it dead themselves, but they cannot say it as Disney would totally rolled over them with lawsuits. Thats why they are ignoring all the people who care about the game and come here to express their feedback after so called test weekend of Tweaks on MM, a pretty darn long weekend if you ask me. Before this rubbish EOR MM i had like 5 posts here on forums, as i generally rather spend time playing the game, than wasting time on forums. But now, i uninstalled SWBF2 and will not install it back until this thingy is off totally.
  • gospa55350
    181 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    AxeWin wrote: »

Well, I already bought BFV on preorder months ago, not planning to ditch my beloved BF2 anytime soon. Still 70% of my spare time goes to BF2 and 30% for BF1/BF5. Only reason I bought BF5 is because my BF2 friends bought it so we can play all together. BF5 beta was a disaster full of bugs, no wonder it was pospone for 1 month. Again Dice to blame for those failures.
  • Yeah i'm pretty sure they are beta testing this for BFV as well, no amount of lying on twitter is gonna make me believe that this system is working.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.