criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Initial thoughts on patch, Grievous

Honestly so far, I think there’s more positives than negatives

The changes to the squad system really help to encourage people to back off so people can spawn. While I think it should’ve been this way in the first place, at this point the only missing piece is the ability to swap squads so im not stuck with a group

Grievous is...a breath of fresh air. Haven’t been able to play him yet, but he’s so different from every villian its jarring at first. He’s making HvV even more of an unbalanced mess, and he’s always taken so I can never actually play him

On the negative end, they removed the highlights on the heroes in the HvV, making it much harder to see which hero you have chosen. Matchmaking is still absolutely broken, with nothing but steamrolls in most cases, and the devs stubborn radio silence is aggravating to say the least. I’ve also seen more 3 bars on my PS4 connection but nothing game breaking, just more connection issues

Overall i think this patch is a net positive but there’s still a lot of issues that need a fix, and the matchmaking changes should just be removed until they figure out how to implement it properly

Replies

• hsf_
    1450 posts Member
    It's a well made hero, but there are a couple of slight issue's.

1). I've noticed that his left ability sometimes doesn't register as a hit.
    2). There is a really, really annoying delay between using his left ability and continuing to attack with basic attacks. Is this intentional?

Aside from that, I had fun playing as Grievous. He will take a little bit of practice but he seems like he could be a game changer if in the right hands.

Oh and one other thing I've noticed. Grievous seems to make people throw a complete wobbler. I played 4 games of HvV earlier, where I couldn't select Grievous, I asked politely if they'd let me try him for 1 death, they politely said no - that's totally fine for me, I carried on playing and patiently waiting for Grievous to become available...
    So then we switched map and Matchmaking put me in a totally new lobby, and I managed to select Grievous! So while I waited for the timer to finish, I read up on his abilities and began to plan the best combination to use in sequence or situation. As we began to play, I saw the chatbox in the top right pop up, with a load of expletives aimed at me... Confused, I decided to read through the chat and saw that someone had asked me to swap with them - I didn't see this as I was busy reading the abilities.
    So from reading the chat, I learned that this player is in fact a massively important person in the world, as they have a whopping 1000 viewers on Twitch. I believe the actual quote was:
    "hsf give grievous pls i have 1k on twitch so am more important to gaming"

So DICE, I emplore you, please slow down my load times so these massively important people can play Grievous before everyone else.
  • stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    note there is a focused feedback thread stickied
  • Grievous is already broken. HOK cards for all the Heroes besides Phasma and chewbacca are really good. Wookie nerf is still barley noticeable. No new nerfs to officer, so thats nice. Matchmaking still dumping into empty lobbies. 7/10 over all dice. Could've gone worse. Still appreciate the progress and effort @F8RGE.
  • AuraStorm
    379 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    stevenomes wrote: »
    note there is a focused feedback thread stickied

Honestly didn’t see it ty
    Grievous is already broken. HOK cards for all the Heroes besides Phasma and chewbacca are really good. Wookie nerf is still barley noticeable. No new nerfs to officer, so thats nice. Matchmaking still dumping into empty lobbies. 7/10 over all dice. Could've gone worse. Still appreciate the progress and effort @F8RGE.

Its honestly sad but true, the devs not breaking everything is progress lol

I expected wookies to still be really good, and they are, they don’t seem much different