criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Ok, now I’m CRYING for a Grievous nerf

Prev1
We have been asking for it almost for a day, and all of him is OP: the claw rush (it makes you unable to stand infront of him, it’s obviously really fast, it damages you too and knocks you over [it’s even better than Chewie’s!]), his lightsabers from behind are very powerful (they kill with 2 shots from close range, with a star car they kill with just one shot, and the standard sabers from the front is quite balanced without the Sith Trained card, then he is able to have almost 90% more damage reduction when using claw rush with a star car and finally he gains an insane amount of assists: a good player is always on top of the leader board and gets a 10 killstreak in three minutes or less (Yoda also can but he’s only one problem with him) and a bad player gains a lot of assists and after many minutes he gains also the double kill

If that’s not enough a lot of matches are conformed by 50% (if not more) of people trying to get Grievous

Many of you will say he’s fine, as you have said before, and I don’t matter if you call me a crying baby noob, and more than 60% of the community wants a Grievous nerf and some devs have realized too
Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
uruzea55jgr4.png

Replies

• Cadoth
    1004 posts Member
    Erm... instead of a nerf I think he would more likely need some fixes for his abilities, he’s a little bit impractical
  • wow, you must have already got the Hot fix, because the Grievous I played was a buggy mess. His abilities do more Harm than good 50% the time. Bad pick in galactic assault.

Theres an infinite stun bug with thrust surge that permanently disables control of Grievous until you are defeated. He needs a buff.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Also when he’s useing his attacks he’s kinda open for shots. Just use Chewie n he’s done for.
  • His abilities do need to be fixed up a bit though. And @AbyssWatch3r is right. That infinite stun is a problem.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Apparently 60% of the community is thick headed too.
    and some devs have realized too

Surely, this is the man... Manuel.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • His abilities do need to be fixed up a bit though. And @AbyssWatch3r is right. That infinite stun is a problem.

It's even worse than Vader stuck in the choke animation, or maul losing the ability to even Jump. If the trooper you target get's too close to you before you charge. He rushes at them, then circles them like Jaws with all 4 arms extended, and eventually straight into the nearest wall until your dead.... Broken. Not to mention it has like 40% accuracy, even if target is standing still.... WHAT?!

Take that ability out, screw it. In the next update give Grievous His blaster or something. If anything it deserves it's own damage reduction card, you'll lose HP using it.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • OP, would this one work for him?
    rival_nemesis.png

I can't believe the devs missed this opportunity!
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • I’m actually not sure if the OP is joking or not. This is a first. Either way, it’s absolutely hilarious!
  • We have been asking for it almost for a day, and all of him is OP: the claw rush (it makes you unable to stand infront of him, it’s obviously really fast, it damages you too and knocks you over [it’s even better than Chewie’s!]), his lightsabers from behind are very powerful (they kill with 2 shots from close range, with a star car they kill with just one shot, and the standard sabers from the front is quite balanced without the Sith Trained card, then he is able to have almost 90% more damage reduction when using claw rush with a star car and finally he gains an insane amount of assists: a good player is always on top of the leader board and gets a 10 killstreak in three minutes or less (Yoda also can but he’s only one problem with him) and a bad player gains a lot of assists and after many minutes he gains also the double kill

If that’s not enough a lot of matches are conformed by 50% (if not more) of people trying to get Grievous

Many of you will say he’s fine, as you have said before, and I don’t matter if you call me a crying baby noob, and more than 60% of the community wants a Grievous nerf and some devs have realized too

Completely disagree, abilities are terrible seeing as the claw rush is easily avoided by rolling, unrelenting advance just isn't any good against other heroes and also his movement speed is ridiculously slow, even troopers can stay away from him and he has no abilities to slow them down. He, I personally believe, needs a movement speed buff.
  • TiNie
    178 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Hey, I am getting better and better with Grievous last HvV match first place and all without HoK card. Level 8 at the moment. I would not think about nerfs and buffs for Grievous at the moment, because his abilities are a bit buggy at the moment. But what I know is, 1. Ability deals about 150 Damage 2. Ability deals about 80 Damage per hit. 3. Ability deals about 130 Damage. A normal strike with his lightsaber deals about 130 damage.
    That are really high damage values. But as i said sometimes he hit someone with his 1. Ability and causes no damage. Then his 2. Ability can be stopped by a punch, how ridiculous. 3. Ability is not causing damage all the time and it's a bit tricky to handle or to stop it, if you are stuck in a wall.

The reload times for his abilities are between 10-12 s round about.
  • I am pretty sure he is trolling. Grievous to me seemed clumsy, underpowered and slow. He may need a buff after all.
  • TiNie
    178 posts Member
    A buff? I would suggest to fix his buggy abilities first.
    After that you can decide.
  • This shall be a day long remembered
  • TiNie
    178 posts Member
    I bet Grievous will get a nerf soon. His lightsaber strikes causes 130 Damage + Bonus starcard it would be 160, that's too much in my opinion. He can spam and kill 2 heroes at the same time and than with his HoK card. At the moment I am always under the Top 3 with him.
  • Some of you are really lucky... About 10 matches of HvV and I haven't been able to play as him yet...
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • TiNie
    178 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    Some of you are really lucky... About 10 matches of HvV and I haven't been able to play as him yet...

You should react fast and be first on the server! This is possible, if you want to.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    "Buff him", "nerf him".

He takes a bit to get used to, keep in mind he's a tactician. Run in and out of a fight.

You can't run straight into a group of enemies, that's not the Grievous way.

"B-b-but I have two lightsabers! I should be able to wildly swing them around and it should solve all my problems!"
    -HvV players-

Eeehhemm. I will try not be offended. I use it the exact way Ben prescribes.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    "Buff him", "nerf him".

He takes a bit to get used to, keep in mind he's a tactician. Run in and out of a fight.

"B-b-but I have two lightsabers! I should be able to wildly swing them around and it should solve all my problems!"
    -HvV players-

Eeehhemm. I will try not be offended. I use it the exact way Ben prescribes.

I'm sorry. Let me change that to "50% of the playerbase when getting to pick a hero."
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Some of you are really lucky... About 10 matches of HvV and I haven't been able to play as him yet...

It is really not luck at all, it is called SSD drive which does allow faster loading times for your PS4 so you will get grievous 10 out of 10. Also, PS4 pro will be faster than any 1st generation PS4 console.
  • il96
    501 posts Member
    We have been asking for it almost for a day, and all of him is OP: the claw rush (it makes you unable to stand infront of him, it’s obviously really fast, it damages you too and knocks you over [it’s even better than Chewie’s!]), his lightsabers from behind are very powerful (they kill with 2 shots from close range, with a star car they kill with just one shot, and the standard sabers from the front is quite balanced without the Sith Trained card, then he is able to have almost 90% more damage reduction when using claw rush with a star car and finally he gains an insane amount of assists: a good player is always on top of the leader board and gets a 10 killstreak in three minutes or less (Yoda also can but he’s only one problem with him) and a bad player gains a lot of assists and after many minutes he gains also the double kill

I guess this is a thing now hahahaha. Ill prep my own sarcastic NERF
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • A large nerf , mysterious and cool . The community is asking . Grivoeus needs more iconic and nerf. Imagine Galactic Battle with the Grivoeus getting the nerf.
    we want nerf.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • bfloo
    14748 posts Member
    "Buff him", "nerf him".

Grievous run into a fight...

e2n7pt5lcatg.png
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• F8RGE wrote: »
    "Buff him", "nerf him".

Yeah. Many players run in headfirst... Then lose 800hp to me. The smart ones focus on key objective players, and help the team and dominate small skirmishes or jump in and out. They do well. Play him like an ariel.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • bfloo wrote: »
    "Buff him", "nerf him".

Grievous run into a fight...

e2n7pt5lcatg.png

OOM-9 would.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
  • Not seeing the OP at all. Just played HvV and absolutely destroyed GG with Han one on one.
  • His Unrelenting Advance is incredibly overpowered. When you activate it, it actually overpowers GG himself so he just starts turning away from his target. It's as if it's overpowering my controller!

Nerf it!
  • IronSoldier
    3425 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Removed a couple of posts. Keep it on topic please :)
  • Grievous OP? Hahahahaha
    The worst villain in GA. Very slow and low stamina.
    In HvV he has no change against Chewbacca or Lando.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    "Buff him", "nerf him".

Can't get used to him, if everyone picks him before you, also lock on for thrust surge could be buffed to lock on quicker and could do more AOE damage. Claw rush is fine, easy to avoid, don't listen to someone who doesn't want to press A/D (Move the thumbstick), also - Unrelenting advance would be 1000% better without the tank controls but rather slower normal movement.
  • NXhendon wrote: »
    "Buff him", "nerf him".

Can't get used to him, if everyone picks him before you, also lock on for thrust surge could be buffed to lock on quicker and could do more AOE damage. Claw rush is fine, easy to avoid, don't listen to someone who doesn't want to press A/D (Move the thumbstick), also - Unrelenting advance would be 1000% better without the tank controls but rather slower normal movement.

Arcade. Just sayin'.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Major_Solo wrote: »
    Grievous OP? Hahahahaha

Well I killed a Leia once so you’re wrong
    Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Cadoth
    1004 posts Member
    Major_Solo wrote: »
    Grievous OP? Hahahahaha

Well I killed a Leia once so you’re wrong

I’m pretty sure he didn’t mention Leia, anyways Grievous can be easily killed by any blaster hero with his current buggy state and killing a blaster hero with Grievous can be really hard with his bad strike lock, unless you surprise them from behind
  • Yeah. Many players run in headfirst... Then lose 800hp to me. The smart ones focus on key objective players, and help the team and dominate small skirmishes or jump in and out. They do well. Play him like an ariel.

He wants to be where the people are. He wants to see--wants to see them dancing. Strolling around on those--what do they call them? Oh. Feet.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Can't believe everyone is taking this seriously :joy:

Hence your laughing emoji.
  • Cadoth
    1004 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

I wish it was all a joke😂
  • DarthJ wrote: »

Ben replying to this is my life’s work
    Ponds main

uruzea55jgr4.png
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member

Hence your laughing emoji.

I'm going to give you the win this time on the hence game, despite the fun we all had in that thread!
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member

Ben replying to this is my life’s work

You are fulfilling your destiny, Mastahpeece
    PSN: ibrajoker59