criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Grievous Has Actually Helped Balance HvV

It is crazy, but Grievous has balanced HvV. Since he is a new hero everyone wants to pick him, but he isn't that great, so people are picking Grievous over someone like Iden (ok @Empire_TW I know you didn't buy Grievous) and that hurts the DS. So Grievous has actually hurt the DS and helped balance HvV!
jexdw69dwod3.png

Replies

• I don't think he'll be trash for long. Not really played him yet but i think people just need to get used to him. When they fix his broken abilities it'll be like a buff
  • He is clunky, slow and only strikes very high even when aiming down at those darn rollers.
  • GreenMarc
    225 posts Member
    edited October 31
    I also thought he's trash at first, but the 3rd and 4th game of HvV with him went Pretty good. Practice and a fix for his glitchy abilities and grievous may become a beast.
  • He's not trash at all in HvV. Learn how to use him before you say he garbage

He isn't trash, but he isn't as good as Iden.

True but that's just cause this game is so stun focused.
  • He's not trash at all in HvV. Learn how to use him before you say he garbage

He isn't trash, but he isn't as good as Iden.

True but that's just cause this game is so stun focused.

Maybe but her TL-50 is also an amazing weapon.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Is he the chosen one who will bring balance to HvV?
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    Is he the chosen one who will bring balance to HvV?

Maybe.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • MC_XIX
    1070 posts Member
    I've noticed his saber strikes seem to randomly deal extreme damage. They're supposed to deal 130 with no cards, and 150 from behind. Then with Sith Trained equipped, they can deal 160 I believe?

But I've seen him deal over 250 damage per slash lol. Can anyone explain that? I think it's great, because he's quite underwhelming right now, but I'm wondering if there's a method of getting his strikes to consistently deal 200+ damage.
  • The three time I played grevious in HvV I ranked top five which is sadly a feat for me. He’s really not that trashy. Just very vulnerable to blaster heroes. I must say that middle spinning ability is absolutely garbage right now though. The thrust isn’t too bad if you time it well. Good for closing distance and surprise attacks
  • The three time I played grevious in HvV I ranked top five which is sadly a feat for me. He’s really not that trashy. Just very vulnerable to blaster heroes. I must say that middle spinning ability is absolutely garbage right now though. The thrust isn’t too bad if you time it well. Good for closing distance and surprise attacks

He is ok, but not as good as other villains that could be chosen.
    jexdw69dwod3.png

He is ok, but not as good as other villains that could be chosen.

Oh absolutely true. He’s just also not as trashy as it seems. He’s kinda on a razors edge of OP and having the combat ability of a dead jawa
  • Grievous is really good once you figure out how to sue him and get some star cards on him. But yes, a lot of players are using him and losing matches by not being effective.
  • It is crazy, but Grievous has balanced HvV. Since he is a new hero everyone wants to pick him, but he isn't that great, so people are picking Grievous over someone like Iden (ok @Empire_TW I know you didn't buy Grievous) and that hurts the DS. So Grievous has actually hurt the DS and helped balance HvV!

It is extremely comical, I think me and @Admiral_Xen are the only people who could care less. The friends I'm playing with keep saying how they are taking turns and stuff.

It might cause them to super buff him though which would be bad.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    It is crazy, but Grievous has balanced HvV. Since he is a new hero everyone wants to pick him, but he isn't that great, so people are picking Grievous over someone like Iden (ok @Empire_TW I know you didn't buy Grievous) and that hurts the DS. So Grievous has actually hurt the DS and helped balance HvV!

It is extremely comical, I think me and @Admiral_Xen are the only people who could care less. The friends I'm playing with keep saying how they are taking turns and stuff.

I have no desire to play the reptile in a robot costume, especially given how bad he is right now.

That said, his constant presence does seem to make winning as LS in HvV that much easier.

I have no desire to play the reptile in a robot costume, especially given how bad he is right now.

That said, his constant presence does seem to make winning as LS in HvV that much easier.

Agreed. I'm always worried when the DS opposition picks the ideal comp and PLAYS said comp ideally.
    These days though, giving up a free slot to what account for a free kill to any LS Blaster hero is just /WellDoneYouPlayedYourself
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • Major_Solo
    48 posts Member
    edited November 1
    Grievous is a beast in Arcade :D
    The worst villain in GA
    Average (depends on the player and his team) in HvV
    His abilities (except the third one ) are broken
    He is an easy target for all blaster heroes in HvV
  • hes not terrible in hvv but he's no palpatine
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Agreed. I'm always worried when the DS opposition picks the ideal comp and PLAYS said comp ideally.
    These days though, giving up a free slot to what account for a free kill to any LS Blaster hero is just /WellDoneYouPlayedYourself

Bad Grievous' are also holding back the DS in GA.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png

KresusFIN wrote: »

Not me though right?? Lol
    Insightful. This is very true.

So long as he remains trash anyway.

Trash?

Far from that. Grievous is awesome, today I got 30 kills in HvV with him after I got his star cards to purple. Lol 😂

Trash?

Far from that. Grievous is awesome, today I got 30 kills in HvV with him after I got his star cards to purple. Lol 😂

What were the blasters on your opposition doing, besides not their jobs and pumping you full of laser bolts?

I remember. Our GA runs are a pretty strong advocate themselves FOR a Friendly Fire to be added when the bottom of the barrel picks heroes without a clue.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif

Nah you were good, but were a bit hard to stay with. When you left to take a break we had a worthless Grievous every game, they were camping on rooftops, running in and dying, and just hiding in the back of the map.

Trash?

What were the blasters on your opposition doing, besides not their jobs and pumping you full of laser bolts?

I remember. Our GA runs are a pretty strong advocate themselves FOR a Friendly Fire to be added when the bottom of the barrel picks heroes without a clue.

That robot isn't worthy to be in battle with the Queen (except @Thechosen1_anakin )
    mch2ip80bcbx.png
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png

• DarthJ
    5148 posts Member
    Do agree with this - when I am playing as LS, you can guarantee currently Grievous will be picked as things stand. And usually that means, for some reason, barely anyone picking Vader. I see him rarely now in HvV. Which is great when you are LS as it pretty much ensures we win
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59

Nah you were good, but were a bit hard to stay with. When you left to take a break we had a worthless Grievous every game, they were camping on rooftops, running in and dying, and just hiding in the back of the map.

Trash?

That robot isn't worthy to be in battle with the Queen (except @Thechosen1_anakin )
    mch2ip80bcbx.png

Woah! Grievous would eat Iden for breakfast. Lorewise at least
  • jpabe8zp3mxo.jpeg
    6hy6nnfrj1fo.jpeg
    You are mistaken friend

Trash?

mch2ip80bcbx.png

m30p95xvsibf.gif

The Empire's best soldier vs the guy who lost to gungans...
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png

Trash?

mch2ip80bcbx.png

m30p95xvsibf.gif

bested by jar jar before getting shot by some jedi boi who had never held a blaster before

grievance would get rekt in that fight. He might win in terms of being the galaxy's greatest trackstar, tho.

Trash?

mch2ip80bcbx.png

m30p95xvsibf.gif

bested by jar jar before getting shot by some jedi boi who had never held a blaster before

grievance would get rekt in that fight. He might win in terms of being the galaxy's greatest trackstar, tho.

I think he would even lose that kind of competition to Boba, Maul, Palpatine, and Kylo Ren.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png

• Sith trained
    Beating heart
    Cyborg rage
    =

OP