criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Something Needs To Be Done With Chewie's Furious Bowcaster in HvV

johnny_mercury
4161 posts Member
edited November 2018
It's the biggest noob cannon and kills any hero in 3-4 shots, and has ridiculous splash damage. A decent Chewie player can carry an entire team by spamming shock grenade and FB on the target. Please make it a little more skill based.

Replies

• Bait the shock nade. Listen for the Furious Bowcaster activation. Wait. Pounce.

If you somehow end up with the decision to fight him with all his stuff up, I guess just dash around him after each swing (Presuming you're using sabers. Blaster heroes rarely have this problem.) and hope that he is slow to turn. You'll probably die anyway if the Shock nade hits you.

...Or just use the tried and true tactic of Kylo's Freeze with an Iden nearby to blast him dead.
    He literally exists to punish people who imagine a red glowstick and R2R2R2 solves all problems after all.

Did you try General FOTM vs Chewie or something? Because I guarantee you, that will never work :D
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Something needs to be done about the darkside first.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • If something should be done about it, is that you must remember to use it more often, because it is great weapon. If you are from receiving end just wait behind wall or similar cover until ability is used and attack after that and if you can't take cover remember to dodge. It is fine, nothing more should be done about it.
  • Leave Chewie alone!!

:'(
  • DarthJ
    6069 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Bait the shock nade. Listen for the Furious Bowcaster activation. Wait. Pounce.

If you somehow end up with the decision to fight him with all his stuff up, I guess just dash around him after each swing (Presuming you're using sabers. Blaster heroes rarely have this problem.) and hope that he is slow to turn. You'll probably die anyway if the Shock nade hits you.

...Or just use the tried and true tactic of Kylo's Freeze with an Iden nearby to blast him dead.
    He literally exists to punish people who imagine a red glowstick and R2R2R2 solves all problems after all.

Did you try General FOTM vs Chewie or something? Because I guarantee you, that will never work :D

This. Thinking you are unstoppable as Grievous against a blaster hero is suicide. Chewie, Han, Leia and Lando can all destroy him in seconds.

Think tactically. Play sly.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • KresusFIN wrote: »

Nope. I was full heath Palps on the other side of the walkway in Kamino, Lando hit me with disabler but died, Chewie was on the other side and killed me in seconds with only splash damage. That's real skill isn't it?

Good Chewie players activate FB before getting close to the target. They run into the area where the target is, throw down a shock grenade and wipe out the target in a few hits of FB.

Yes, darkside needs nerfa too - Iden's shock droid cooldown needs Increaed a d the aoe ode secondary fire needs a nerf too. Kylo's freeze duration needs a nerf too.

• DarthJ wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »

This. Thinking you are unstoppable as Grievous against a blaster hero is suicide. Chewie, Han, Leia and Lando can all destroy him in seconds.

Think tactically. Play sly.

Reminds me of when lightside saber users see Vader use Focused Rage... and attack him anyways.