criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Back-end Updates: Nov 1

F8RGE
312 posts EA Community Manager
We will performing some back-end updates today on Star Wars Battlefront II. This should improve the matchmaking experience, with a focus on fuller servers.

There will be no downtime or download required.

Replies

• MCA26
    138 posts Member
    Is there a time-frame?
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    This should improve the matchmaking experience, with a focus on fuller servers.

Problem is it takes us from a full server and places us in a new one with less players, sometimes only 1-2 players max. This thing just does not work properly.

• astrotrain101
    337 posts Member
    edited November 1
    if this keeps me and others on the server I and we choose, play the full rotation, odds and evens, no boots to other servers, no boots to the home screen, does not split my crew,,, then match make away.... Because, and besides all the bugs the game plays awesome otherwise. Squad system cranks when i'm with my friends.
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • Cadoth
    305 posts Member
    edited November 1
    Hope it will change something because right now just 6/589 players want the matchmaking on and I’m not one of them
    We will performing some back-end updates today on Star Wars Battlefront II. This should improve the matchmaking experience, with a focus on fuller servers.

Just turn it off, this has been a failure since day 1.
  • Speedjack
    88 posts Member
    edited November 1
    yesterday the eor mm takes me from sf assault to strike ! on oct 30, it takes me from GA to HvV... hopefully it happened twice . i create a post about it last night and it was deleted. i will add the capture i took with the xbox one later this morning. i hope this back-end update will keep us in the same game mode.
  • bfloo
    12479 posts Member
    Why can't the lobbies just shuffle after each match. Why are we trying to reinvent the wheel, this should only be done in test servers.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

What about being shoved into random empty lobbies?
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • just turn it off and go back to how it was. spend your time on something the community wants. It would certainly end this fight between the community and the devs.
  • Glad to hear! Any team shuffling?
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Fuller Servers? WE WANT BALANCE! This is what people asked for. You gave us a system to better manage EA/DICE's resources (servers) disguised as a solution to the lack of Balance.

Just turn it off, and if you try venturing into this again, bring back the system implemented in SWBF2015. It would shuffle players in the same lobby from match to match. Despite it being horrible to balance the game (yeah, even back then it was a failure), at least it did something by shuffling players, and it didn't have ANY of the problems we're complaining about in this MM system you forced us to deal with.
    Tired of BUGs? Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • They just shut down the Ireland and South Africa servers, forcing us in South Africa to play on Germany servers with a 195 ping... No thanks. I am done with this game. Well done EA, you just killed Battlefront for me.
  • Why are all the servers down? Oh yeah.. they did "back end maintenance" today. Everybody knows they can't do anything to this game without messing something else up. Guess they exploded the servers...typical
  • At this moment servers are shut down worldwide, all games from EA are reporting no service.

• Fuller Servers? WE WANT BALANCE! This is what people asked for. You gave us a system to better manage EA/DICE's resources (servers) disguised as a solution to the lack of Balance.

Insightful, my friend.
  • Knight_of_Onions
    447 posts Member
    edited November 1
    SonicSabre wrote: »
    They actually know what they are doing.

oh-my-sweet-summer-child.jpg

wouldnt it make sense to keep us searching until the game FINDS ALL THE PLAYERS NEEDED FOR A MATCH...smh
  • Thanks for the info
  • MCA26
    138 posts Member
    Thanks for the update. Still broken.
  • Still broken and now matchmaking changes the mode between rounds :(

Played for a good four hours last night and GA kept swapping into Blast and back again, that's when you weren't thrown into a dead server of course.

Worst gaming experience I have ever had from a game - I have now bought other games to play so think my time on the Battlefront will be coming to an end.

It still doesn't work.
    d6o41bzsohs8.png
    For the love of God just turn it off.
    It does not work at all.
    Teams are not balanced at all.
    Still puts you in empty lobbies.
    You repeat the same side over and over.
    Sometimes even the same map.

Just. Turn. It. Off.
    You say you "listen" to feedback, but you aren't.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• You say you "listen" to feedback, but you aren't.
    They listen, but they don't act on it.

I swear this is payback to the community for the pay to win thing. EA/DICE said "OK, lets screw with these guys for the next year"
  • after 1 year issues came and go and came back and go etc changing game mode between eor mm is the latest thing pretty hot right now. how this happened ?

No offense, but there's a matchmaking experience beyond getting kicked out of a full lobby and being put into an empty lobby? Do tell.
    "This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel." - Jyn Erso
  • Your back-end update as failed MM is still unbalanced today I experienced 19 steamrolls and when I were on the winning side it felt like playing arcade.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Why can't the lobbies just shuffle after each match. Why are we trying to reinvent the wheel, this should only be done in test servers.

Their re-invention looks hexagonal instead of round.
  • Now EOR is working better
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • Can anyone confirm if it's any better now? Can't check until tomorrow.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if it's any better now? Can't check until tomorrow.
    Not really, it’s quite the same

Yes, now it's better, more fast.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg

This^
    Lobbies still need to fill up a bit faster.
    10+ minutes is ridiculous and still no one was joining.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

Good to hear. The whole experience wasn't as bad on my end as some of the folks around here have described. Still can't wait to try it out!
  • astrotrain101
    337 posts Member
    edited November 4
    Worse on my end. My friends and I bounce from one server to another just trying to play a single map. Booted to the home screen after every map and get error code 1017. Enough is enough please its time for this to go as it is obvious this is not whats its meant to be.
    Post edited by astrotrain101 on
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • On ps4 german server the lobbies fill up really fast they ever did, but the problem is team balance.
  • Phantom_A320
    1211 posts Member
    edited November 4
    F8RGE wrote: »

Matchmaking appears to be in its usual abysmal state.

please TURN OFF EOR MM.

Undo what you have done and fix the game.
  • A COUPLE OF BUGS TO FIX!! Luke’s first swing doesn’t land ever. Even if immobile and full stamina. General grievous can hit you twice from full health and kill you when just being knocked down. Kylo Rens frenzy attack can do multiple strikes on a hero if spamming b. Besides those three things I haven’t noticed any other bugs. And something to consider I THINK ALLLL OF US WOULD APPRECIATE if you would take chewies power from furious bow caster down just a little bit OR make it so all villains can block his regular blaster or just one. Because I’ve notice lately more than half the time he’s on top. I mean I’ve been playing this game for awhile and never have hoped on the Chewie wagon. But I played as him for the first time the other day and got first place no problem.
  • A COUPLE OF BUGS TO FIX!! Luke’s first swing doesn’t land ever. Even if immobile and full stamina. General grievous can hit you twice from full health and kill you when just being knocked down. Kylo Rens frenzy attack can do multiple strikes on a hero if spamming b. Besides those three things I haven’t noticed any other bugs. And something to consider I THINK ALLLL OF US WOULD APPRECIATE if you would take chewies power from furious bow caster down just a little bit OR make it so all villains can block his regular blaster or just one. Because I’ve notice lately more than half the time he’s on top. I mean I’ve been playing this game for awhile and never have hoped on the Chewie wagon. But I played as him for the first time the other day and got first place no problem.
  • SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT WITN THE LIGHT SABER CHARACTERS!!!! When in combat sometime of combo scheme with light saber strikes. Just something a little more the patterns of swinging. Maybe having a specific swing with the way you push the view stick. For example, pushing right on the view while attacking will swing to the way the character is looking. Or swinging while looking down would swing down. Just something more with the combat of the light saber that makes you feel like you’re really weilding the light saber.
This discussion has been closed.