criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

HvV - Please Get Rid Of The Respawn Timer or cut the Respawn Distance In Half

johnny_mercury
4161 posts Member
edited November 2018
Respawning 90-120m+ (depending on map size) from the action in a team-dependant mode is ridiculous. Add a respawn timer and it's unbalanced. I can't count how many time I die because my team got wiped out, I get selected as the target, right next to 2-3 opponents and unless you're a mobile hero (Boba, Maul, Luke, etc) it's a no-win situation. Kamino is by far the worst because I've spawned 143m away from eiyher target, but since the map is divided by bridges it takes even longer to get to where you need to go.

Atso, respawn distance should be based on the mobility of the hero. Boba should be the furthest, ground-based blaster heroes should be the closest.

Replies

• No to the respawns timer

No, as in keep it, or do away with it?
  • Thats not the issue. What would end all this is either getting rid of the targeting system or making it so the target does not change regardless of death before the end of the countdown.
  • Spawning on the other end of the map has been dumb since day 1.
  • Thats not the issue. What would end all this is either getting rid of the targeting system or making it so the target does not change regardless of death before the end of the countdown.

Yes, in an ideal world, there'd be no target system. If that could happen I'd rather have that. I'm not sure they're willing to do that much work to redesign the entire mode so ma suggesting easier things to implement.
  • They once tried to improve spawns and it didn't go that well, it ended with you spawning right next to enemies or them right next to you.
    Like you spawned in started to move towards the fighting and 2 seconds after you Chewie spawned right behind you, stunned and killed you instantly again or you spawned right next to Luke on kashyyyk who pushed you off the map before you even saw him.
    I am not sure cutting the spawn distance in half wouldn't result in that again, they need to rework HvV and get rid of the target system.

No, as in keep it, or do away with it?

Keep it. The fast respawn event should me I didn't like it that much
  • TertiusRegent
    132 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    No. If they do, they'll likely screw up something far more critical and take forever to fix it.
    Post edited by TertiusRegent on
  • I don't want the target removed, but the OP's ideas might work.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • They once tried to improve spawns and it didn't go that well, it ended with you spawning right next to enemies or them right next to you.
    Like you spawned in started to move towards the fighting and 2 seconds after you Chewie spawned right behind you, stunned and killed you instantly again or you spawned right next to Luke on kashyyyk who pushed you off the map before you even saw him.
    I am not sure cutting the spawn distance in half wouldn't result in that again, they need to rework HvV and get rid of the target system.

That's not a flawed system, that's a flawed development team. Every play Overwatch, Paladins, Uncharted 4 or any other small multiplayer game? They have zero issues with spawns, and without having to trek a country mile to get to the objective.
  • No. If they do, they'll like screw up something far more critical and take forever to fix it.

Care to elaborate? How hard it it to move the spawns in or remove the respawn timer?
  • Deanna_Tamura
    317 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    They once tried to improve spawns and it didn't go that well, it ended with you spawning right next to enemies or them right next to you.

That's not a flawed system, that's a flawed development team. Every play Overwatch, Paladins, Uncharted 4 or any other small multiplayer game? They have zero issues with spawns, and without having to trek a country mile to get to the objective.

I know that it is possible, but so are patches that don't introduce more bugs then they fix or actually not fix the bugs they should at all or releasing a new Hero with 2 of 3 abilities bugged, my post was grounded in the unfortunate reality of this game.
    Like i said they already tried to introduce a system that has you spawn in closer to your teammates, which resulted in what i described.
    The "objective" as you said is the target in HvV so it is moving around most of the time, just changing the spawn in points to be closer together could still mean you end up far away from the target, so the system would have to track where the target is and spawn you in on the closest point, i think that is what they tried and since both your attack and defend target are often close together it resulted and members from both sides spawn at the same point.
  • No. If they do, they'll like screw up something far more critical and take forever to fix it.

Care to elaborate? How hard it it to move the spawns in or remove the respawn timer?

Like the selection screen for HvV for both Hero Starfighters and Heroes VS Villains that's been broken since Grievous was released.