criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

How I see the Star Wars movies so far

4_K_I
64 posts Member
edited November 4
When I watch the main Star Wars movies I think of two things; the presentation and the concept of the era.
This is how I view each trilogy.
Each section I will rank high,medium,or low

OT
Presentation: Medium
Concept: Medium

PT
Presentation: Low
Concept: High

ST
Presentation: High
Concept: Low

I will admit that I was born with the prequels but as you see this is an unbiased ranking of each trilogy. The Sequels are not done as Episode 9 comes out next year but this is how I currently think of each trilogy. Let me know your rankings in these two sections by replying below.

Post edited by 4_K_I on

Replies

• The movies are about how a single family screwed over the universe...
  • These things are pretty difficult and my view changes with age. I grew up with etc OT but watching them again my fave, Empire, is actually pretty crap when you watch it again.
    If I had to rank them based on what I would put in the DVD player and watch again it would be:

Rogue One - Just brilliant all over
    Phantom - Really love this film. Its fun, interesting and always enjoy it. Jar Jar is easy to ignore
    Return - Just solid the whole way through
    New Hope - Ruined a bit by the changes made, but that Death Star battle is incredible.
    Empire - Hoth was incredible, but after that the film just dies
    Solo - Well done. Better than people gave it credit for.
    Force Awakens - A good film, but the dynamic of the resistance and first order is just a mess.
    Last Jedi - Too much nostalgia with Luke and Leia. I enjoy the film, but the story is a mess.
    Revenge - Greivous is cool but the rest is really dull
    Clone Wars - There is quite literally nothing interesting in this film.

• bfloo
    12462 posts Member
    The OT presentation for the time was high.

George was the 1st to use most of the special effects that we are used to in films today, the same with the pt.

George might not be a good director, but was one of the most innovative film makers of his time.

The ST hasn't innovated at all.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

George was the 1st to use most of the special effects that we are used to in films today, the same with the pt.

George might not be a good director, but was one of the most innovative film makers of his time.

Well that scene in TLJ when they slice Snoke's ship in half made people audibly gasp in the theatre. I thought that was cool. The little boy next to be said, "WWWOOOOWWW."
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • bfloo
    12462 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Well that scene in TLJ when they slice Snoke's ship in half made people audibly gasp in the theatre. I thought that was cool. The little boy next to be said, "WWWOOOOWWW."

Great cinematic shot, nothing innovative though

h846398gb27k.png

I can’t believe theaters had to put a warning up that scenes will lose sound or something because of that. It made all the sense in the world to me that the sound cut out for a brief moment
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • bfloo
    12462 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »

I can’t believe theaters had to put a warning up that scenes will lose sound or something because of that. It made all the sense in the world to me that the sound cut out for a brief moment

I didn't even notice that the sound cut out til they made a big deal about it.

h846398gb27k.png

Same, whe I read about it I had to think about it and then made sure to pay attention when it came out on digital.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • bfloo
    12462 posts Member

Same, whe I read about it I had to think about it and then made sure to pay attention when it came out on digital.

I just took their word for it.

h846398gb27k.png

• MCA26
    137 posts Member

It doesn't help that they are constantly trying to appease a vocal minority from the fan base.
  • bfloo
    12462 posts Member
    MCA26 wrote: »

It doesn't help that they are constantly trying to appease a vocal minority from the fan base.

They are trying to appease Hollywood and the sjws, not the fan base.

h846398gb27k.png

True, I feel like the one scene in the entire movie where they threw us a bone was when Luke took on all of those walkers.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

That's my main problem with the new movies
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
  • Thats the point right there.

They shouldn't need to throw us a bone. We as fans shouldn't have pre-conceived notions on what should happen. When that occurs you have creation by committee (a massive committee) and committees don't produce good work.