criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Please Deal with The Boba Fett Problem in HvV

I play HvV because, in theory, it's a fun game. However, when Boba Fett players continually jet from one side of the map to the other, dragging matches out for 30-40 minutes, it's not fun and it's cheap. There's not one lightside player who can catch him on most maps. Finn's Deadeye loses its ability pretty quick now and iyegr abilities will sometimes knock him around but it's rare. How can that be fair when there's no real counter, unless you're Ina coordinated party? This needs to be dealt with, a lot with target runners. You ask is to come to forums to give feedback, so we do, and yet a Tera later the target system, Boba campers has not been addressed,amd as far as I know, even mentioned in a "we're working on it".

Replies

• Unoder
    65 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    The real problem with Boba Fett in HvV is how pathetically weak he is in comparison to everyone else. His durability, or rather lack there of is almost the equivalence of a standard trooper despite being one of the few to actually have armor on. His blaster doesn't do that much damage and can barely hit at long range. His concussion is near useless, and his rocket barrage has been so heavily nerf'd that it just doesn't make him viable any longer.

His only use in HvV currently is as an escape artist and UNTIL that is no longer the case I don't want that taken from him as well.

[Edited language]
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • Unoder wrote: »
    The real problem with Boba Fett in HvV is how pathetically weak he is in comparison to everyone else. His durability, or rather lack there of is almost the equivalence of a standard trooper despite being one of the few to actually have armor on. His blaster doesn't do that much damage and can barely hit at long range. His concussion is **** near useless, and his rocket barrage has been so heavily nerf'd that it just doesn't make him viable any longer.

His only use in HvV currently is as an escape artist and UNTIL that is no longer the case I don't want that taken from him as well.

If I play Boba (not very often) I stay with my team and have never camped, because it's not necessary. His rocket barrage can do over 600 damage, it's very viable. Name one other ability that can deal that much damage? He could use an ADS ability for the EE-3 but there'd have to be a tradeoff as he could perch up high and just cherry pick.
  • Bobas rocket barrage has been nerfed loads, yet it’s still used as his primary weapon
  • MC_XIX
    1592 posts Member
    Again, this is a problem with the target system, not Boba Fett. Getting rid of the target system would solve all of the camping/running issues.

A lot of high areas are now unreachable for Boba. On Kashyyyk I've noticed rooftops are out of bounds and you can no longer land on them. Same goes for those circular glass roofs on Bespin - he can no longer land on those. So he has been addressed, but people seem to fail to understand that the target system is what causes the problems, not the characters themselves.
  • I play HvV because, in theory, it's a fun game. However, when Boba Fett players continually jet from one side of the map to the other, dragging matches out for 30-40 minutes, it's not fun and it's cheap. There's not one lightside player who can catch him on most maps. Finn's Deadeye loses its ability pretty quick now and iyegr abilities will sometimes knock him around but it's rare. How can that be fair when there's no real counter, unless you're Ina coordinated party? This needs to be dealt with, a lot with target runners. You ask is to come to forums to give feedback, so we do, and yet a Tera later the target system, Boba campers has not been addressed,amd as far as I know, even mentioned in a "we're working on it".

I agree that PLAYERS who do that are anyoing but that's a problem with the target system and the players, not really Boba, he is one of the weakest Heros in the game, not just his overall Health, he also take a lot of damage from anything that hits him.
    Boba is designed to play like a class canon, you need to get in close enough to deal massive damage but still try to keep a certain distance towards Saber Users, as they will melt you insanely quick, unfortunately some players use that to just run.
    That there are no counters to it is not true, Han's Detonite Charge, Chewie's Bowcaster and Lukes Push for example can knock him out of the sky and you don't need Finn's Deadeye to hit him, it makes things easier yes but all Blaster Heros can shoot him while he is flying.
    The best thing would be to remove the target system like so many people have been asking for here or at least make a new mode with something like Hero Blast or Hero Deathmatch, i am not sure that is going to happen though.
    In the meantime the Devs should at least remove all spaces that only he can reach and use to hide, for example shape them in a way that you slide of them while trying to stand on them.
  • Maybe for now disable the option to pick him as target?

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• I don't like the idea of removing the target system in the slightest.
    I'm not sure about Boba though.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Removing the target system would be ideal and fix the problem with Boba Fett.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • JediJulius
    501 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    If I had to alter Boba to fit the gamemode (instead of just making Hero Blast or something) then I'd:

1. Allow him to aim the E11 Blaster.
    2. Slow down the horizontal speed of his jetpack by 10%.
    3. On the Hunt only refills the Jetpack instead of granting it unlimited fuel.
    4. Make his concussion rocket have slightly more visual interference.
    5. ACTUALLY FIX any spots on maps that Boba can reach and others can't reach (especially if saber heroes can't get somewhere.) as well as out of map exploits.
    Post edited by JediJulius on
  • Bobas fine. Anyone dumb enough to pick him can be blown out of the air with Chewies bowcaster. The real problem is the Yavin map since 5 dark side characters can just run/jump/fly up the walls and hide. Luke can get up there but his force push is useless to stop them and Reys mind trick is easy to ignore. None of the other light side characters can get up there so dark side always win on Yavin (ironically)
  • Half of you are wrong, it's not boba OR the target system. It's the players who are to blame.
    I've seen plenty of matches drawn out because light side players are literally doing a figure eight course around endor until they win the round. If you remove the target system then the mode no longer has any tactics to it. A bad team can be carried if a good player uses the target system so kill that one person. If it was hero blast then the bad team would lose no matter the situation.