criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Remove Melee Stun

Finally saw someone capture a great clip of this of exactly why stun effect must be removed. You hit someone and get damage, great, that should be it and nothing else. The stun effect cripples the player so badly that all you have to do is hit them 1 time and then they are stunned for so long you can keep hitting them to death with no fairplay way to get out of the stun effect and just can get melee to death. This is not balanced and must be removed in future update. There is no defending this as being in anyway balanced. This is just a cheap way to get kills. There is no valid argument agaisnt what you are about to see.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wn349

Replies

• Agree.
  • Agreed.
  • Cant see the footage.
  • bfloo
    12456 posts Member
    All the stuns need to be replaced
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Cant see the footage.

idk what happened to the video, i just checked the link and ya apparently my video i uploaded is stuck now processing which is weird. sorry but to give you a description of what happened was Han was meleeing maul to death and he literately couldn't move because of the stun effect from melee. basically he couldn't roll, he couldn't jump, he couldn't block, he couldn't attack. he was just stuck there and before the animation of the stun affect goes away and you can move again, you get wacked again. so once you get hit 1 time, you might as well admit defeat because you aren't going anywhere unless the guy meleeing you gets attacked by someone else or cokes on spamming the melee button otherwise you stand there like a punching bag unable to do anything stuck idle in a stunned animation that plays when you get hit. i agree you take damage from a melee but the whole stun things needs to go entirely, you can't counter it after you get hit and just get punched to death.
  • it's about as annoying as the auto lunge teleport knife in the modern battlefield games, where you can knife someone and not even be close to them. (see bfbc2 and bf3) not sure if it's the same for the rest of the new bf games.

for some reason dice seem to make some really stupid decisions in what is acceptable for gameplay.
    Proud EX-Member of MordorHQ (RIP) A.K.A EA UK Forums (RIP)
  • This just happened to me in GA as a hero against a Wookie Warrior. I personally didn’t mind it at first, but I can see it now becoming a problem knowing people will exploit it. Personally I always saw it as a counter to annoying spamming saber heroes (what’s the difference? You can barely roll out of it depending on your hero), but I never got to melee someone until they died. It was usually coming down to the wire and I won with two good punches. If they removed it, that could be good. But without it, I’m almost scared to see what it would be like without that powerful asset.
  • KrocketOnBoost
    411 posts Member
    edited November 23
    Agreed, well written. Stuns are a plague in this game. DICE apparently love to deny you from playing the game properly.

Personally i think skill should be the deciding factor, not cheese.
  • Idk why the video link is not working. I checked and its there but the link to the url is failing for https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wn349
  • Couldnt agree more!
  • TiNie
    141 posts Member
    edited November 25
    You can talk about your suggestions, but first of ALL.
    They have to fix the game. Too many bugs and glitches.
    Luke's saber strike is damaged, his force push is working not that good, but Yoda's even worse with a strange behavior after a loaded unleashed push. That's only some of the bugs.
    By the way if you talk about these things, I would demand to vanish the block of force powers with a roll or dodge. This is highly non canonical.
    Greetings.

By the way, no blaster user should be able to shoot while hit by a lightsaber strike. Remember that in general limbs are cut off, so this would make it even worse.
  • TiNie wrote: »
    You can talk about your suggestions, but first of ALL.
    They have to fix the game. Too many bugs and glitches.
    Luke's saber strike is damaged, his force push is working not that good, but Yoda's even worse with a strange behavior after a loaded unleashed push. That's only some of the bugs.
    By the way if you talk about these things, I would demand to vanish the block of force powers with a roll or dodge. This is highly non canonical.
    Greetings.

By the way, no blaster user should be able to shoot while hit by a lightsaber strike. Remember that in general limbs are cut off, so this would make it even worse.

huh?