criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Fix for Jakku (and maybe other maps)

I don’t speak for everyone but I can safely say, Jakku is my least favorite map in this game, the third phase (and quite frankly most of the map) is an absolute cluster you know what on the objective with the stairs

My proposal? Change it so the Empire moves forward once one of the objective gets capped, similar to Naboo phase 2. It’d force the resistance to cover both cap points, and make for more balanced games. I know everyone doesn’t wanna go back to Jakku, but i’m all for making gameplay more balanced from a design perspective

Replies

• AuraStorm wrote: »
    I don’t speak for everyone but I can safely say, Jakku is my least favorite map in this game, the third phase (and quite frankly most of the map) is an absolute cluster you know what on the objective with the stairs

My proposal? Change it so the Empire moves forward once one of the objective gets capped, similar to Naboo phase 2. It’d force the resistance to cover both cap points, and make for more balanced games. I know everyone doesn’t wanna go back to Jakku, but i’m all for making gameplay more balanced from a design perspective

I don't really like this idea, but I didn't like the Naboo change either (but then again, the one Naboo match I played post change, we couldn't even activate one of them, and I like that a successful capture used to net you up to 1200 Battle Points {on old Naboo}).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • TheUltimateHope
    987 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    No, it would only result as the perfect opposite, First Order having a very easy time winning there. On Naboo the two points during phase one are relatively close to each other while on Jakku miles separate them and it is totally unsafe as Resistance to try to get to the other, you'll get shot dead before you can reach your destination.
    And with the new squad system changing the spawn points of Resistance so they don't have an easy access to West Point won't change much.
    This is just terribly bad map design, i don't think anything can be done here to balance that, not break it either for Resistance or First Order.

Anyway, GA is dead and nothing can be done, let's just wait for the conquest gamemode.
  • No, it would only result as the perfect opposite, First Order having a very easy time winning there. On Naboo the two points during phase one are relatively close to each other while on Jakku miles separate them and it is totally unsafe as Resistance to try to get to the other, you'll get shot dead before you can reach your destination.
    And with the new squad system changing the spawn points of Resistance so they don't have an easy access to West Point won't change much.
    This is just terribly bad map design, i don't think anything can be done here to balance that, not break it either for Resistance or First Order.

Anyway, GA is dead and nothing can be done, let's just wait for the conquest gamemode.

GA’s one of the best modes rn outside of Extraction, at least in my book

Speaks more to the disaster that HvV is more than anything

• M3lgo
    27 posts Member
    The resistance team spawn too far from the objectives on the first phase.

When playing resistance, you're at 2/3 on your way to the objectives that the first order is already capturing. When the first defenders finally arrives they are outnumbered because the first order has already taken position. EVERY time I play this map, First order win the first phase in less than 2-3 mn.

Consequence : first order get far more BP than resistance -> 2nd phase, first order have reinforcements and heroes when resistance not -> snowball effect on the entire game.