criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Leave HvV the way it is.

13Next

Replies

  • Zirius wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Running to regroup with your friends and fighting alongside them when they respawn = Ok. This is fine.

    Running to not die because you're trash with no business in the game to begin with = Don't do this.

    Regarding the 2nd point: So the bad players shouldn't play the game, cuz yeah, not everyone can be pro. I like your logic. Running doesn't necessarily mean a player is "trash". Gotta love this attitude lol.

    I mean I like your attitude of what playing a game is. Running in circles not doing a single point of damage to the enemy. If anything there should be a vote kick for players like this.

    Well If that's the case, this is right, as well as hiding in the walls as Xen said, those are another stories and are not acceptable lol. And I assure you, that's not my attitude :). Running helps if you wanna regroup or try recovering hp for example. In fact, these are the only reasons I think.
  • Zirius wrote: »
    Zirius wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Running to regroup with your friends and fighting alongside them when they respawn = Ok. This is fine.

    Running to not die because you're trash with no business in the game to begin with = Don't do this.

    Regarding the 2nd point: So the bad players shouldn't play the game, cuz yeah, not everyone can be pro. I like your logic. Running doesn't necessarily mean a player is "trash". Gotta love this attitude lol.

    I mean I like your attitude of what playing a game is. Running in circles not doing a single point of damage to the enemy. If anything there should be a vote kick for players like this.

    Well If that's the case, this is right, as well as hiding in the walls as Xen said, those are another stories and are not acceptable lol. And I assure you, that's not my attitude :). Running helps if you wanna regroup or try recovering hp for example. In fact, these are the only reasons I think.

    Running to regain the high ground. ;)
  • The best way to have fun with the current HvV is to just not play it. It is by far the worst mode in the game due to runners and campers.
  • Happen to agree that HvV is probably the best it's been since launch. The whole idea has flaws so it will never be perfect
  • TjPunx
    1425 posts Member
    HvV is what makes this game. The only way to make it better is to get rid of PT content
  • JediJulius
    501 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    If they do leave the target system as it is, then they really need to have some system to penalize just running away forever (I'm talking minutes, not just that 15-30 seconds to regroup as a team) and fix map exploits. Yavin IV and Mos Eisley are just terrible to play because of the little exploits here and there and Boba Fett in particular can swing entire games on a big map thanks to his jetpack and the current system.

    Then there's stun locking, saber block spam, mediocre matchmaking, and AFK people that are additional issues.

    I'm in favor of HvV becoming Hero Blast, but if they don't change in then they really need to at patch the current system before they finish supporting the game. The mode works when everyone gets in there and participates, but otherwise its a chore.
    Post edited by JediJulius on
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    HvV is what makes this game. The only way to make it better is to get rid of PT content

    False.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • The best way to have fun with the current HvV is to just not play it. It is by far the worst mode in the game due to runners and campers.
    I disagree. HvV is by far the best mode to level up your heroes, and it also trains you not to run away when you find your self facing another hero in Galatic Assault.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • TjPunx
    1425 posts Member
    Iceninja wrote: »
    The best way to have fun with the current HvV is to just not play it. It is by far the worst mode in the game due to runners and campers.
    I disagree. HvV is by far the best mode to level up your heroes, and it also trains you not to run away when you find your self facing another hero in Galatic Assault.

    100% this
  • Hero TDM > HvV w/target system
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

  • Nope no replacement of the mode, an additional mode if you want then no problem. but just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't, you are not speaking for everyone.

    Team death match will kill this fully, noobs and whiners who already cant play will not want to, you lot will get bored, and that leaves a garbage mode that not all of us wanted left, and whichever loon wants full teams of 8+ per side good luck we cant fill normal ones properly.
    This will only go the way of Ewok hunt, we want a new mode brigade pitching their stuff then leaving after a month or so.
  • I agree with this post
  • HvV should drop the target system, make it 10v10 when Anakin is released and maybe make the mode objective based rather than a blast mode to give it more strategy.
  • TjPunx
    1425 posts Member
    HvV is fine the way it is. If you don’t like it play Hero Showdown
  • Heroes Blast Mode might be turned into a future event. To see the reactions of players to make it permanent or keep the old mode.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • TahjSDG
    37 posts Member
    edited February 26
    Just to add in my previous post, players who are the target and manage to fend off and kill enemy players should get points for it. It makes zero sense when I single handedly kill 2-3 enemies or more even and we lose a point simply because the enemy target was a coward and avoided my team the entire time. Like I said, the current system only caters to bads and if you support this, I can only assume you are one of those very same bads.
    But if you're so skilled, why couldn't you catch the runner? I'm not a runner, but technically, it takes a great deal of skill to run (which is a form of evading) long enough to avoid death and let your teammates take out the opposing target. And if someone is on my team, I’d much rather have a runner than some ”brave” fool who is so blinded by his pride that he selfishly fights during unnecessary times as the target, all because he's trying to prove that he's not a ”coward.” The line between bravery and stupidity is a very thin one. I've seen so many arrogant players make stupid decisions that hurt their teams because the most important thing to them was being ”brave.”

    But you can catch a runner if you study their tendencies. Where do they like to run? What areas do they typically run to? How good are they at reading the map and recognizing enemies? You have to be able to profile a player to figure out their strengths and weaknesses and adjust accordingly.
    Post edited by TahjSDG on
  • Wait, so the mods on this forum just delete posts without explanation, or even an opportunity to just edit whatever they think violated the rules in your post? Interesting.
  • What needs to happen is a hero blast weekend event to gauge the community's reaction
    Which I predict will be overwhelmingly positive
    [+3748 posts]
  • Finest_Banana
    1747 posts Member
    edited February 26
    I'm 75% sure TjPunx is a troll at this point. I'd raise the odds, but...
    Post edited by Finest_Banana on
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

  • Relmets wrote: »
    What needs to happen is a hero blast weekend event to gauge the community's reaction
    Which I predict will be overwhelmingly positive

    That's probably why it hasn't happened.

    I for one am convinced that they know exactly what we want, but are just outright refusing to give it in any form that isn't a dripfeed.

    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • The target system must go.
  • I play mostly HvV, but I still like to see some progress and new hero game modes in this game. Leaving HvV completely alone doesn't sound right and changing it to Blast doesn't sound right either. Make it Hero Strike or Hero Conquest at least something with objectives, Hero Blast sounds too boring, it can be fun for awhile but not very long.
  • HvV is fine. Most of the complaints you here on this board, are from players that die often, and then call for nerfs
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    HvV is fine. Most of the complaints you here on this board, are from players that die often, and then call for nerfs

    Happens when 99% of the population is casual orientated and have the ability of a potato when it comes to gaming
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    HvV is fine. Most of the complaints you here on this board, are from players that die often, and then call for nerfs

    Hero TDM has nothing to do with nerfs
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    What needs to happen is a hero blast weekend event to gauge the community's reaction
    Which I predict will be overwhelmingly positive

    That's probably why it hasn't happened.

    I for one am convinced that they know exactly what we want, but are just outright refusing to give it in any form that isn't a dripfeed.

    Gotta have something to put down on the calendar for the latter half of the year I guess
    TjPunx wrote: »
    HvV is fine. Most of the complaints you here on this board, are from players that die often, and then call for nerfs

    weak bait
    [+3748 posts]
  • TDM, and HU should be added to GA. HvV is fine the way it is
  • chims wrote: »
    I just feel its not fun when maul just runs full speed from you when hes the target. I know others feel this way too. The only person who can even remotely get close to him is luke. So if theres a maul there has to be a luke. Same thing for boba as he can hide in such unreachable places. The only compromise I can see is to drastically limit jump height and run speed if you are the target so you can't just run the entire time. Running away like that isn't fun to play against.

    Yes true, there are those who tend to flee (General Grievous style ) when they see a threat, but in my opinion, this makes taking down their annoying **** down more satisfying.
    "By Azura, by Azura, by Azura! It's the Grand Champion! I can't believe it's you! Standing here! Next to me!"
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    TDM, and HU should be added to GA. HvV is fine the way it is

    TDM can't be added to GA. That makes no sense
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

  • TjPunx wrote: »
    HvV is fine. Most of the complaints you here on this board, are from players that die often, and then call for nerfs

    Happens when 99% of the population is casual orientated and have the ability of a potato when it comes to gaming

    Sorry tandoori cooker or whatever. We can't all be as good as you.
  • Finest_Banana
    1747 posts Member
    edited February 26
    TjPunx wrote: »
    HvV is fine. Most of the complaints you here on this board, are from players that die often, and then call for nerfs

    Happens when 99% of the population is casual orientated and have the ability of a potato when it comes to gaming

    Sorry tandoori cooker or whatever. We can't all be as good as you.

    He is right about the BF17 playerbase. Casual players on R*ddit had more influence on the game than dedicated players from BF15 or the originals. That's probably why DICE removed stats and swapped kills for "eliminations." Or why DICE removed private matches, Cargo, and Drop Zone. Mention Cargo or Drop Zone on the Battlefront subreddit and they'll probably laugh at you.
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

  • TjPunx wrote: »
    HvV is fine. Most of the complaints you here on this board, are from players that die often, and then call for nerfs

    Happens when 99% of the population is casual orientated and have the ability of a potato when it comes to gaming

    Sorry tandoori cooker or whatever. We can't all be as good as you.

    Also feel the same since I prefer a more competitive player base....ah well.
  • Peepzilla
    925 posts Member
    edited February 26
    This HvV is absolutely atrocious and I hate that this thread got bumped. Most of the replies here are arguing AGAINST the OP -- long tenured players, especially 2015 players, wanted to have HvV reverted an elimination style mode.

    If you like the target system, you're a map abuser (hiding in unreachable places) or a runner. No one cares that you "prefer" this mode, most of this community has pleaded to have it changed. Full, detailed posts suggesting new modes that sound FAR better than the current one.

    On top of it all, even if you've enjoyed the target system, who would be against trying a new version(s) of hero combat.

    My main suggestion that could possibly be implemented easily: Change Hero Showdown 1v1 / 4v4 options.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!