criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

HvV - Boba Fett, the "We can't win so I'll camp until the target's heath is slowly worn down" target

johnny_mercury
4161 posts Member
edited November 2018
Dear devs, if something isn't done abijt this you've proved one of two things

1) you're oblivious
2) you don't care

I'm just going to start quitting these matches and move on to another match. It's ridiculous that this has been going on for a year and NOTHING has been done about this or the overall target running/camping/flying/exploiting that has been going on.
Post edited by johnny_mercury on

Replies

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    Removal of the target system would be a good way to fix this.

Absolutely!
  • Removing the target system would cause more problems than solve.
  • Azelrazel wrote: »
    Removing the target system would cause more problems than solve.

Explain how removing the target system would do that? I'm curious to know.
  • This discussion again. Running and camping doesn't bother me anymore, it only makes game very different and fun to chase runners and shoot down campers especially Boba. If this game mode would be TDM like in SWBF2005 it would be much more boring, because it isn't anything new. Adding TDM mode would stop this complaining, but I see it like downgrade to good old boring mode, make something new for a change.
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    This discussion again. Running and camping doesn't bother me anymore, it only makes game very different and fun to chase runners and shoot down campers especially Boba. If this game mode would be TDM like in SWBF2005 it would be much more boring, because it isn't anything new. Adding TDM mode would stop this complaining, but I see it like downgrade to good old boring mode, make something new for a change.

So you're OK with this, or are you just eating bucket steak and calling it filet mignon?

This is a balancing issue. A decent Boba player can evade any player on almost any map. I know there are those players that'll say "But, but, I own Boba all the time", and they may, against unskilled to average players, and I do this myself. However, for the Boba's who know how to fly and know the camping points, it's a different story. Not only do you have to chase Boba, but also protect your target if it's a blaster hero. So that leaves 1 player to contend with Boba? If the target gets close to Boba he'll dump 650 damage worth of a rocket barrage then fly off. I'm an average Boba player and have tried this and have been successful on several occasions.

• Yes Boba can be the absolute worst when it comes to running and hiding in HvV. No other characters can cover the map as fast or access places he can access. A good Boba Fett user can run the match and have no chance of being caught. This can ruin HvV. To be honest if I see a running Boba I just quit most of the time. I want to play Battlefront 2 not run Boba run. And now I'm hearing that we're getting Jango Fett?!?!? Two Jetpack users running and hiding? No thank you. It will ruin HvV even more.
  • It is not quite the running that is the biggest problem, it is that Boba can still reach places on certain maps (e.g. Yavin IV) that no one on the light side can reach, and that no one on the light side can bring weapons to bear on. He gets up on those high walls or the spires and due to the layout, Luke nor Rey can jump up to reach him, and because the angles are so tight, Chewbacca cant bring his bowcaster to bear on him either.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • I agree Boba can be pain to hunt down, but it is still possible and it feels even better to finally got him down. It could be otherway also so you loose and that can be annoying, but you can always say he is OP in camping and flying away and that is very true :smiley: There should be jetpack hero also on lightside also to balance gameplay. Jango Fett should be on LightSide.
  • The best way to counter this is getting Finn or Chewie to bring him down. This is only for when Boba is strictly running. If he is camping in any unreachable place like the high walls from Yavin 4, then it’s a map problem, not a character one.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    The best way to counter this is getting Finn or Chewie to bring him down. This is only for when Boba is strictly running. If he is camping in any unreachable place like the high walls from Yavin 4, then it’s a map problem, not a character one.

What exactly are you suggesting every map to be flat? This once again proves the target system is to blame as Finn and Chewie can barely jump over a measly box.

For example good luck trying to dodge enemies while also climbing to the top of Endor as a blaster hero to chase a saber user, Bossk, or Boba.
    The best way to counter this is getting Finn or Chewie to bring him down. This is only for when Boba is strictly running. If he is camping in any unreachable place like the high walls from Yavin 4, then it’s a map problem, not a character one.

What exactly are you suggesting every map to be flat? This once again proves the target system is to blame as Finn and Chewie can barely jump over a measly box.

For example good luck trying to dodge enemies while also climbing to the top of Endor as a blaster hero to chase a saber user, Bossk, or Boba.

The map wouldn't need to be flat to solve this, there a different options, for example:

Change the mesh of these pillars, the textures can stay as they are, but if they actually aren't flat on top but have a round shape, then Boba couldn't stand there and would slide off.
    Another option would be to lower the map boundary just slightly under the top of the pillars, Boba could still fly around or even land on the for a short moment, to let his Health go up, but he couldn't stay there unless the player wants to die out of bounds.

The map wouldn't need to be flat to solve this, there a different options, for example:

Change the mesh of these pillars, the textures can stay as they are, but if they actually aren't flat on top but have a round shape, then Boba couldn't stand there and would slide off.
    Another option would be to lower the map boundary just slightly under the top of the pillars, Boba could still fly around or even land on the for a short moment, to let his Health go up, but he couldn't stay there unless the player wants to die out of bounds.

All he has to do is go back to the battle area for a fraction of a second and the timer resets which would make this useless.
  • You can change the target system, get better with your aim, remove glitch spots, ect.

But absolutely No more Nerfs to boba, forget it. HvV whiners have literally destroyed and made this character unplayable for like 9 months straight in GA, barely viable now. Not doing this again.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Zyder
    442 posts Member
    Boba Fett needs to be removed from HvV
  • Target system is to blame here. Radio silence from devs about removing it unfortunately. We need tdm...
  • Target system is fine. You can shoot Boba down but it can be hard if Boba player is good, it would make it easier if some lightside hero could counterattack him with jetpack.
  • 10000% Completely agree!

Target system NEEDS to go!
    I'm completely and utterly sick of it and puts me off from playing the mode.

Team Deathmatch or Hero Blast would stop all of the complaints of Runners and Boba campers entirely.
    And we would see hero combat truly flourish without having to worry about toxic playstyles the Target system encourages.

Thankfully they're actually having talks about hero blast so we can hope to see some version of it in the future.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Lawnmow3rMan
    2339 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    quenaelin wrote: »
    Target system is fine. You can shoot Boba down but it can be hard if Boba player is good, it would make it easier if some lightside hero could counterattack him with jetpack.

A good Boba Fett player who wants to run, can run for the entire match without ever being touched by anyone I don't care if you have Finn or not. The map doesn't matter either cuz he can cover it in seconds. Very frustrating. I would say at least 80 to 90 per-cent of Boba players play like this. The same goes for Darth Maul sometimes although he is not anywhere near as bad as Boba. Maul you at least have a chance to cut him off or corner him with team work. I will quit the match for a running Maul or a running Boba Everytime because chasing them is just not fun. Eliminating the target system would be a huge step in the right direction. But even with the target system gone all Boba is going to do is fly in, shoot rockets, fly away and wait for recharge, repeat. Just a very annoying and cowardly play style if you ask me. Great for players who just want to upset other players.
  • Lawnmow3rMan
    2339 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    You can change the target system, get better with your aim, remove glitch spots, ect.

But absolutely No more Nerfs to boba, forget it. HvV whiners have literally destroyed and made this character unplayable for like 9 months straight in GA, barely viable now. Not doing this again.

I'm not at all saying Boba needs a Nerf I am saying people play him like dirty underhanded scoundrels. Hes the number one character for trolling. And as I have said before in the right hands he is impossible to catch in hvv. The light side has no counter to him. Yes Finn can shoot an inexperienced Boba out of the sky and so can chewy but with a good Boba they have no chance.
  • anidriX
    1141 posts Member
    anidriX wrote: »

Where did I suggest this? All maps should be different. I merely said that Finn and Chewie can easily shoot down a running Boba. My Yavin 4 example was because if Boba stands in one of the pillars then jedis can’t reach him and blasters can’t shoot him down as there is no angle. This is strictly a map problem, not a character one.
  • Ive learned to deal with Bobba, I mentioned it in the HvV thread: The real problem is all the campers in Naboo, Takodana and other maps that just make this mode unplayable.
  • Boba is usually flying away and doing rocket barrage which you can dodge or roll away, he cant fly forever and have to drop down for refuel. Sometimes you have to time your attack when he is refueling or you can shoot him constantly with blaster hero.

Camping or defending makes this mode challenging not unplayable. It is bit like conquest mode where you are defending other player and not one spot on the map. In one game Grievous killed me three times after we finally got him, when he was camping with Phasma and stun droid. I was attacking alone and got his health down to almost zero, finally got help from very good Yoda player and we got him. So other team got many kills for their kill score, but not target point.
    This discussion again. Running and camping doesn't bother me anymore, it only makes game very different and fun to chase runners and shoot down campers especially Boba. If this game mode would be TDM like in SWBF2005 it would be much more boring, because it isn't anything new. Adding TDM mode would stop this complaining, but I see it like downgrade to good old boring mode, make something new for a change.

It really isn't "fun" to chase a flying Boba.
  • Zyder wrote: »
    Boba Fett needs to be removed from HvV

Or just remove the target system.

It really isn't, I've had games with 7 other people I know and which team was better at cheesing the target system was the winner, not the team that was actually better at the game.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
    Target system is fine. You can shoot Boba down but it can be hard if Boba player is good, it would make it easier if some lightside hero could counterattack him with jetpack.

A good Boba Fett player who wants to run, can run for the entire match without ever being touched by anyone I don't care if you have Finn or not. The map doesn't matter either cuz he can cover it in seconds. Very frustrating. I would say at least 80 to 90 per-cent of Boba players play like this. The same goes for Darth Maul sometimes although he is not anywhere near as bad as Boba. Maul you at least have a chance to cut him off or corner him with team work. I will quit the match for a running Maul or a running Boba Everytime because chasing them is just not fun. Eliminating the target system would be a huge step in the right direction. But even with the target system gone all Boba is going to do is fly in, shoot rockets, fly away and wait for recharge, repeat. Just a very annoying and cowardly play style if you ask me. Great for players who just want to upset other players.

I'll be honest, I don't play like this as Boba Fett unless I am in the worse situation possible. I use mostly on Tatooine. I try to get to the roofs quickly because force users might have a little trouble jumping and blaster heroes basically need to walk. But I don't run and hide. I only run if a gun fight becomes unfavorable and I start losing health. I my teammates just rush in by themselves and can't fight, I'm really just giving my self a death sentence by picking someone else if the enemy sticks together. Now I'm not trying to justify the running and hiding. That's annoying to me even if they're on my side because it takes the fun out knowing your going to win or lose. And lets be honest, Jango is only going to make this problem worse. It's like Meta Knight from Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Most of the cast if not ALL of the cast can't challenge him well enough to be an effective counter. Of course these are both two very different games but even then my point still stands. No one has ever really been able to challenge Boba especially in the air. Boba and Jango would be the ultimate hiding duo and that's not good.
    gctn47nz145u.png

I keep changing this for whatever reason but ehh...It can stay like this I suppose.
  • boba has "prolonged exposure" ingrained in his hunting instinct, already if DICE corrected this, we would avoid full fuel boba and full rockets.
  • The best thing to do with runners and hiders is quit out and message them saying that if they want to just run, they should play Arcade.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

It really isn't, I've had games with 7 other people I know and which team was better at cheesing the target system was the winner, not the team that was actually better at the game.

yeah, it's why you get games where the team with 3x as many elims still loses.

And given the DS now has like 5 heroes that can cheese the target system as well or better than Luke or Rey, it's just another advantage in their favour, as even if the LS team does somehow manage to trounce them in a straight fight through superior skill or teamwork, DS can start to all suicide and hand Boba or whoever else the target everytime.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Yeah I can shoot him down, on which his momentum carries him over several buildings that I still have to go around.

And given how atrocious they've made his jetpack/aiming controls, no lightside jetpack hero is gonna counter that. You'll just be flying around each other shooting nothing.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
    I agree Boba can be pain to hunt down, but it is still possible and it feels even better to finally got him down. It could be otherway also so you loose and that can be annoying, but you can always say he is OP in camping and flying away and that is very true :smiley: There should be jetpack hero also on lightside also to balance gameplay. Jango Fett should be on LightSide.

I agree to this (but not Jango fighting for the light side), removing exploitable areas, adding (at least) 5v5 Hero TDM and/or HvV Classic (not replacing or renaming the current one), and possibly giving Boba less jetpack fuel.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I have maxed out Boba and I never play like this. It is extremely frustrating when other players play him like that. Whenever I play Boba I always play aggressively and actively attack the other team, even if I am the target. The only time I run as Boba is if I get outnumbered, and even then I only run to my team and then continue fighting. I agree that the target system just needs to go.
  • Azelrazel wrote: »
    Removing the target system would cause more problems than solve.

Explain how removing the target system would do that? I'm curious to know.

I would agree that your original post is definitely a problem that I despise. I feel the main problem here is with the player and not the system, something dice can't fix (without brainwashing hah).
    If you're on a really bad team but you yourself play well and try to carry them, you can can still win the match because of the target system. Requires tactics and one person to live or die. If it was "hero blast/TDM" then carry or not the better enemy team would destroy you.
    This is one of the reasons why I think the game's current system works, it just need some slight tweaks or improvements to prevent what I see as the issue (bad sportsmanship from the player) ruining a fun and competitive experience for the rest of the players.
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I agree Boba can be pain to hunt down, but it is still possible and it feels even better to finally got him down. It could be otherway also so you loose and that can be annoying, but you can always say he is OP in camping and flying away and that is very true :smiley: There should be jetpack hero also on lightside also to balance gameplay. Jango Fett should be on LightSide.

I agree to this (but not Jango fighting for the light side), removing exploitable areas, adding 5v5 (at least) Hero TDM and/or HvV Classic (not replacing or renaming the current one), and possibly giving Boba less jetpack fuel.
    This makes more sense, fixed in italics.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget