criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I Never Get Any of My Favorite Maps, Only Jakku and Tatooine

MyLittleGreenFriend
2226 posts Member
edited November 9
Title. I believe this is a matchmaking thing but I never get Crait or Theed (my two favorite maps) the only one of my top three maps I ever get is Endor. I will make a list of maps I seem to get over and over again, maps that I sometimes get, and maps that I almost never seem to get.

Over and over again:

Jakku (my least favorite map)
Tatooine (it's ok, I think it's decent)
Takodana (this map is so horribly unbalanced it's insane)
Starkiller Base (again I don't like this map)
Kashyyyk (I actually really like this map but it lasts for so long that I don't want to play it over and over)
Hoth (I do like this map, I think it's cool)

Sometimes:

Death Star II (I love this map but sadly I don't get it very often)
Endor (This is such an awesome map and I do get it sometimes, just not as much as some others)
Kamino (The graphics are amazing and overall I like it but some phases are unbalanced)

I almost never get these:

Crait (whoever designed this deserves a medal it's genius)
Theed (just awesome in every way)
Yavin IV (i'm actually glad I don't get this because I have never liked it.)

Am I missing any maps? Have you guys been experiencing this?
jexdw69dwod3.png
Post edited by MyLittleGreenFriend on

Replies

• Its just EOR matchmaking, but don’t worry, Ben says its adding more full games!
  • AuraStorm wrote: »
    Its just EOR matchmaking, but don’t worry, Ben says its adding more full games!

Have you experienced this?
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • I have similar experience as far as Crait which I have only seen once in the last couple of weeks. But I get Yavin 4, Tatooine and SKB all the time. Also haven't seen DS2 for a while. Annoying side-effect of the EOR MM. What is the point of a button if it just goes to match making automatically?
  • Chico wrote: »
    I have similar experience as far as Crait which I have only seen once in the last couple of weeks. But I get Yavin 4, Tatooine and SKB all the time. Also haven't seen DS2 for a while. Annoying side-effect of the EOR MM. What is the point of a button if it just goes to match making automatically?

Tatooine and SKB are two of the maps that I get over and over again. As far as Yavin i'm not surprised that we have at least one difference.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
    I have similar experience as far as Crait which I have only seen once in the last couple of weeks. But I get Yavin 4, Tatooine and SKB all the time. Also haven't seen DS2 for a while. Annoying side-effect of the EOR MM. What is the point of a button if it just goes to match making automatically?

I just got Yavin actually.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • AuraStorm wrote: »
    Its just EOR matchmaking, but don’t worry, Ben says its adding more full games!

This. The EOR matchmaking is limiting the maps we get to play. Maybe you get lucky and get a decent variety but I always seem to get the same maps lately. For example, Crait and Deathstar but nothing else
  • Yeah this is what EOR MM does, this is why i stopped playing this <past tense> wonderful game </past tense>.

But that pushed me to get back to assassin creed, give anno 2205 a spin, go thru wolfenstein ii... all this time i would spend on SWBF2...
  • DarthJ
    5147 posts Member
    I tend to get a good mix - I love Tatooine so I am happy with that. But I also get a good mix of first map in GA being Naboo, Kamino, Endor, Yavin IV, Kashyyyk and Death Star II, all of which I love.

I do have maps that never seem to appear - Jakku for me (my least favourite too), Hoth and Takodana.

HvV always seems to put me in Kashyyyk first though. I don't mind the map but it is frustrating to play
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • bfloo
    12444 posts Member
    I'll trade you, I get crait over and over and over
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    I'll trade you, I get crait over and over and over

Please trade.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Yeah, I'm dealing with the same thing. EORMM kicks in and I end up playing the same handful of maps over and over again and the same faction multiple times in a row. In HvV, I seem to get stuck on the LS several times in a row. People quitting when they get to the LS probably doesn't help with that either.
  • I feel like I had Tat & Endor over 9,000 times last night
  • bfloo
    12444 posts Member
    Maps aren't repeating for me, I just always start in the same spot in the rotation
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Maps aren't repeating for me, I just always start in the same spot in the rotation

But you don't stay on the rotation because of EOR MM.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • il96
    268 posts Member
    I only dislike, Death Star II (because of small rooms) and Takodona (small map size). I think death star II is one of the nicest maps as far as graphics go.

I dont mind Jakku, the 3rd phase is pretty fun when you get jammed up on the west side.

Best Map: Crait
    PS4 ButtersEgo96

I just got Yavin actually.

I got DS2 (twice, as I manually changed lobby) today for the first time in ages. And, call me optimistic but I think MM is now keeping me in a rotation and just shuffling teams, I had a lot more variety last night and today. And Crait followed DS2 both times.