criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What maps should be the priority for Conquest?

Hi there, what's up? So, I've been thinking about the "New Large-Scale Mode with Capture Points and Capital Ship Takedowns" and I can sadly very well imagine there only being a few maps available for it. So, to hopefully help out the devs in bringing this highly requested mode, let's see what 4-5 maps we have already (not counting Geonosis) would work well for Conquest, or whatever they call it. To start off, I'll pick one from each era, and my choices would ought to be...
Kamino: Oh Kamino. This might be one of if not the best looking map in the game, it's stunning. Sadly, I almost never enjoy playing it. As it's not a Walker-based first objective, it's all too often lost on the first phase, and the second phase is very unforgiving. While this map is exceedingly frustrating more often than not, with two of the worst two phases of any of these maps, I think that could all change with the non-linear gamemode. It plays on the more linear Galactic Assault, but Kamino is a bit more circular than the other maps, and there are multiple points of entry on most capture points. Imagine all areas that are currently capture points or objectives in GA are now all open to capture at the same time, with each side spawning at the very beginning for the Droids and the very end for the Clones. Kamino's many platforms and interior sections would play to the strengths of both vehicle AND infantry players, and the three main platforms outside would be the perfect bridges to link the two main halves. C'mon guys, I'd need to enjoy Kamino again!
Mos Eisley: While playing it, Mos Eisley can feel like a big rectangle, but when I fly above it, it's actually far more filled out than I realized. I'm not sure how much of it is actually playable and tested, BUT I'd love to see DICE work on expanding the map for conquest. I hope they do the same with Theed as well (it also has room for more playable areas) but I stuck with Kamino since it'd be easier. Back on topic with the dustball, Mos Eisley has a lot of my favorite kind of infantry combat, close-quarters action to really keep you on your toes, and I love the veticallity of it. The tightly-knit urban areas are broken off by the wide roads, but there could be a few crashed starfighters for cover. It's already a map I love, and I bet a lot of you would enjoy capping Command Posts like old times on it too ; ).
Starkiller Base: This was a though one, as Crait and Takodana are my favorites for the ST maps (plus Crait is one of my favorites period), but a certain fellow convinced me that one of my least favorite maps could be great in Conquest...

… just add in more ships and debris in the center and it could be amazing!
Well... I'd love to hear what maps you think would wok well! Have a good one!
"I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
He knew.

Replies

• I think my best bets are Geonosis, Mos Eisley, Kashyyyk, Cloud city, a Mix Between Jundland wastes and Jabba's palace into one map and Takodana.
  • Dash
    10572 posts Member
    edited November 8
    Bespin, Naboo, Hoth, Jundland Wastes, Tatooine. For starters. I’d like to see way more maps for Extraction. And I’d like to also see a Trooper only mode (No Reinforcements). IMO.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Kloon
    9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• I think my best bets are Geonosis, Mos Eisley, Kashyyyk, Cloud city, a Mix Between Jundland wastes and Jabba's palace into one map and Takodana.
    Dash wrote: »
    Bespin, Naboo, Hoth, Jundland Wastes, Tatooine. For starters. I’d like to see way more maps for Extraction. And I’d like to also see a Trooper only mode (No Reinforcements). IMO.
    YES! I didn't think about including 2015 maps because they seemed so adverse to adding them because they'd "take so much time", but so many of them were wicked. Cloud City in particular has to return, they ignored it for their launch twice now, and we only have the one pitiful map for HvV and Blast. It feels like more of the old maps were shockingly less linear than the old ones, but that could be me. The old Endor, Hoth, and Tatooine maps all had curves in them to keep things fresh. I also didn't include Geonosis since they said it was actually designed for the new mode first!
    https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/the-making-of-geonosis
    I was quite happy to hear that, but yeah. Naboo is also one of my favorites, I'm only worried since it already is a rectangle, albeit the best rectangle in the game. If they zig-zag the placement of the control points on it, or indeed add on to the sides of the map, then it might work out better than what I'm thinking. I do want Naboo and Kashyyyk for it, I just wanted to limit myself a bit and also not just put CLOAN WARZ in it : /
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    I think my best bets are Geonosis, Mos Eisley, Kashyyyk, Cloud city, a Mix Between Jundland wastes and Jabba's palace into one map and Takodana.
    YES! I didn't think about including 2015 maps because they seemed so adverse to adding them because they'd "take so much time", but so many of them were wicked. Cloud City in particular has to return, they ignored it for their launch twice now, and we only have the one pitiful map for HvV and Blast. It feels like more of the old maps were shockingly less linear than the old ones, but that could be me. The old Endor, Hoth, and Tatooine maps all had curves in them to keep things fresh. I also didn't include Geonosis since they said it was actually designed for the new mode first!
    https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/the-making-of-geonosis
    I was quite happy to hear that, but yeah. Naboo is also one of my favorites, I'm only worried since it already is a rectangle, albeit the best rectangle in the game. If they zig-zag the placement of the control points on it, or indeed add on to the sides of the map, then it might work out better than what I'm thinking. I do want Naboo and Kashyyyk for it, I just wanted to limit myself a bit and also not just put CLOAN WARZ in it : /

Naboo is big if you take all of it in, not just the ga part.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I’d love Yavin. Much vegetation and hills, ancient temples.
    Naboo is a beautiful. An expanded city map for conquest would be great. Especially if they had good portion outside the city with the rolling green hills from the movie battle.
    The Jundland Wastes... Hey this is Star Wars, and that’s Tatooine...

That being said, expect conquest to premiere with with one map. Geonosis. A segment of the GA Geonosis map, expanded out, will likely be the only map at first. I hope I’m wrong but you all know the history with maps, so... I’m probably not.
  • OutboundFlight1
    76 posts Member
    edited November 9
    Realistically speaking, I highly doubt they will even consider making / expanding maps besides Geonosis. Otherwise it’d be in the roadmap. I think there will be 5 maps: two PT, two OT, one ST (because they all stink)

Completely agree with Kamino, Tatooine, and Starkiller. Along with Geonosis, my guess for last map would be Yavin. First and second phase are quite open.

Each of these also has its own unique environment, a plus.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    359 posts Member
    edited November 9
    In the current maps my bet is Naboo, Mos Eisley and Endor because these need not much work. A little more work for Kashyyyk, Crait and Kamino.

Recover the Battlefront 2015 big maps is a good idea.

But the most important should be increase the max players x team. Minimun 28 players x team = 7 squads. Now only 5 squads.
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • All of the maps I belive will be transported expect OT maps which there will use 2015 ports such as 2015 Hoth and also replace jakku with 2015 jakku.
  • Sullust.
  • Fondor - outside its in SA, inside the star destroyer or shield generator base its a GA map

Death Star 2 - outside its a new SA map, inside its the GA map

Ryloth - outside its SA, inside its inside one of the big droid ships / satelites

Rogue One - multi phase map - in orbit above the shield gate, on the planet below with objectives

• JMaster
    1894 posts Member
    There's a lot of ya, I'll do this a few at a time.
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    JMaster wrote: »
    I think my best bets are Geonosis, Mos Eisley, Kashyyyk, Cloud city, a Mix Between Jundland wastes and Jabba's palace into one map and Takodana.

Naboo is big if you take all of it in, not just the ga part.
    It is, but it's in the same vein as Mos Eisley where you only play on a very small part of it, so I'm not sure if the outer perimeter is even tested and playable! I hope it is, or is made to be, but I think it's just there as background filler for infantry and to look nice in a starfighter.
    I’d love Yavin. Much vegetation and hills, ancient temples.
    Naboo is a beautiful. An expanded city map for conquest would be great. Especially if they had good portion outside the city with the rolling green hills from the movie battle.
    The Jundland Wastes... Hey this is Star Wars, and that’s Tatooine...

That being said, expect conquest to premiere with with one map. Geonosis. A segment of the GA Geonosis map, expanded out, will likely be the only map at first. I hope I’m wrong but you all know the history with maps, so... I’m probably not.
    Ooo, I like Yavin quite a bit too, conquering the Great Temple and it's landing field in the front : ) And yeah, Jundland Wastes was one of the best WA maps, and one of the best maps period from 2015.
    Realistically speaking, I highly doubt they will even consider making / expanding maps besides Geonosis. Otherwise it’d be in the roadmap. I think there will be 5 maps: two PT, two OT, one ST (because they all stink)

Completely agree with Kamino, Tatooine, and Starkiller. Along with Geonosis, my guess for last map would be Yavin. First and second phase are quite open.

Each of these also has its own unique environment, a plus.
    After how people have reacted after Extraction got (and kept) a meager two maps, JC was introduced with one (later expanded to 2 and then 3), and Hunt only had Ewoks (on one recycled map), I desperately hope they do better, especially since this will have come well over a YEAR after launch. It needs to blow us away, but I'm realistically thinking it'll meet in the middle and we'll get a few. Not all the ones currently or from 2015, but some. But yeah, I doubt it will be the Every Map Ever approach.
    All of the maps I belive will be transported expect OT maps which there will use 2015 ports such as 2015 Hoth and also replace jakku with 2015 jakku.
    I doubt it will be the Every Map Ever approach.
    That said I won't mind Graveyard of Giants and Outpost Beta returning. The last Hoth I liked more (even though I didn't like Hoth before so...), and I think the Graveyard would work well with more scattered objectives than the linear one we got.
    He knew.
  • JMaster
    1894 posts Member
    In the current maps my bet is Naboo, Mos Eisley and Endor because these need not much work. A little more work for Kashyyyk, Crait and Kamino.

Recover the Battlefront 2015 big maps is a good idea.

But the most important should be increase the max players x team. Minimun 28 players x team = 7 squads. Now only 5 squads.
    I would quite like an Endor Conquest, I wonder how it would work as it's like a big ol' thin C. BUT... I totally want more players for a big mode like this. The more the merrier!
    Sullust.
    Yeah, as someone who was quite lukewarm over it's inclusion (over Yavin, Mos Eisley, the Death Stars, Bespin, Mustafar, or literally any place we remember...), I gotta hand it to them for making a really cool and fun map. I especially liked the difference between the open center and the close-quarters industrial areas, reminds me of Theed now that I think about it!
    SrawDawg wrote: »
    Fondor - outside its in SA, inside the star destroyer or shield generator base its a GA map

Death Star 2 - outside its a new SA map, inside its the GA map

Ryloth - outside its SA, inside its inside one of the big droid ships / satelites

Rogue One - multi phase map - in orbit above the shield gate, on the planet below with objectives

I like the out-of-the-box suggestions! I didn't even think of poor Scarif, the Shield Gate and the surface seem like a perfect fit for this!
    He knew.