criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Baze Malbus / Hero Concept

Elusive_DJ
3141 posts Member
edited November 2018
⦗Baze Malbus⦘

Be VENGEFUL

sBT7Lm.gif
│Base Health: 750 HP
│Health Regen threshold: 200 HP
│Time before Regen kicks in: 3 seconds
│Time before Regen Threshold is met: 2.8 seconds.

│MWC-35c Heavy Repeater Cannon AKA The Staccato Lightning / stats)

This blaster works differently from most, it requires a short charge up before actually firing. If you hold down the primary fire button for .50 seconds then the gun will begin to fire slowly but quite fast at the same time.
Over time it will start firing even faster until it eventually has to cool down.
This heavy blaster is about as accurate as the Death trooper's DLT-19, and can mow down crowds with ease.

│Dmg per shot: 25 dmg, 49 dmg on head shots.
│Time before cannon can fire: .50 sec.
│Full-auto Fire rate: 1 shot every .01 sec.
│Damage fall off: At 50 meters =/= 22 dmg +-+-+ At 60 meters =/= 20 dmg
│Maximum amount of shots before overheating: 60blaster shots
│Cooling Flush Success time: 7 sec

│Movement Speed: Baze can cover 6 meters of distance in 1 second if he's sprinting.
His roll can cover 2.5 ft.

These are star cards that don't require the activation of an ability to be effective.
(The brackets below the descriptions represent all 4 star card tiers in the game.)
⦗Passive Star Cards⦘

Revitalized Faith: Whenever Baze Malbus defeats an infantry soldier he regains 25 of his base health. If he kills a Special unit like a Hero or Reinforcement then he regains even more health.
│30 / 60 / 90 / 120 Extra health gained from Reinforcment / Villain kills

Expert Marksman: Baze Malbus's blaster will now take a shorter time between actually firing the laser bolts & firing at an even faster rate over time.
│10% / 20% / 35% / 50% Faster charge up time for the heavy blaster

Undaunted Spirit: Whenever Baze is around Chirrut, or a force adept being like a Jedi.
His Heavy Repeater MWC - 35c laser bolts will now sort of 'guide' themselves toward an enemy, like Leias secondary.
│6% / 15% / 25% / 30% Stronger laser lock on

^^This starcard was based off of this scene from Rogue One.

XQayFID.gif

SIGNATURE ABILITY (R1+L1/RB+LB) / 8s Active Time / 17s CD / │Devoted Guardian│ - Baze will stand his ground and stay in the fight with his capability to tank damage and lay down an immense stream of firepower.

How this ability actually works: He is armed with 250 Armor as soon as he activates this ability. This buff doesn't affect anyone else but himself.
After the 8 second active time, the health buff will start to dissipate over a short time.

His gun is now equipped with the ability to 50% faster than normal without the need to cool down.
When he activates his Thermal Discharge ability while Devoted Guardian is active, he’ll now pump the slug shotgun 30% faster, which means that he can shoot his particle slugs more often.

As a trade off to all of this power, Baze will not be able to sprint while this ability is activated. Similar to Lando with his Sharp Shot, he can’t sprint and is stuck with his walking pace.

⦗Star Cards⦘

Guardian of the Kyber Temple: Baze will now fire explosive particle rounds when Devoted Guardian is active. If he has Thermal Discharge activated, then the particle slugs will now be converted into highly volatile explosive rounds.
│5% / 10% / 15% / 25% Extra Splash Radius for particle bolts & Thermal Discharge laser slugs

Defender of Jedha: Baze Malbus gains damage resistance overall while Devoted Guardian is still active.
│10% / 20% / 30% / 40% Damage Reduction

ABILITY (L1/LB) / 18sActive Time / 17s CD / │Thermal Discharge│ – Baze pumps his heavy blaster & prepares to fire highly energized laser slugs that’ll rip apart the opposition.

How this ability works: Baze will pump his heavy blaster for 1 second, causing energy to build up into single particle slug shots in the lower barrel of the blaster. This allows Baze to dish out a ton of damage with just one shot.

This ability will act as a combination between Bossks single firing Relby v-10 & the Slug Vanguard shot gun.
The ability will cause Baze’s gun to shoot 1 high damage particle slug at an enemy, and after .4 seconds of him pumping the gun again he will be able to fire another shot.
Each shot takes off 3 seconds off of the 18 second timer that you’re given when you activate this ability.

Damage Stats)│- Each individual slug will do 250 damage across all ranges, head shots will do 490 damage to an opponent.

The Thermal Discharge & Devoted Guardian abilities are based off This scene from Rogue One.

tumblr_ozktsmgRhs1v6314eo2_400.gif

⦗Star Card⦘

Freelancer: Every enemy that's defeated while Thermal Discharge is active will increase its duration.
│1.5 / 2.5 / 3.5 / 5 Seconds extended on every Kill

ABILITY (R1/RB) / Infinite Duration / 8s (For each rocket) CD │Destructive Retaliation│ - Baze utilizes a SpecForces HH-12 Rocket Launcher. Which will allow him to dish out a ton of damage with just 2 rockets that can wreak havoc onto enemies with a fiery send off to all who are hit by it.

How this ability works: Baze is able to equip and unequip his SpecForces HH-12 rocket launcher at will, and is also able to fire it twice before you have to wait 8 seconds to recharge another rocket.

Baze will be slowed to a walking pace while this ability is equipped.

It deals 400 Damage to all units (Except for Villains) in the game if they're hit directly by a rocket.
And the maximum splash radius for it is 5 meters. Every meter that drops away is -40 damage onto an enemy.

It can be free fired, which means you don't have to be aiming down sights for the weapon to be effective.

It has a unique Lock On feature, which allows a Player to target any enemy in the game at any range, which includes Vehicles as well. The targeting will only work if you press (L2 / LT) or the aim button, and all enemies / Vehicles can be targeted in 1 second.

The missile will be automatically guided toward any enemy that is targeted by Baze.
Rockets will be as Flexible & Accurate as Ion Turret shots.

AND one special feature this rocket launcher has to set it apart from others is the capability to send flame shards in every direction once it hits impact.

A flame shard can be identified directly from the many tiny flames coming off from the initial explosion of a rocket.

Over 20 different flame shards will be distributed randomly upon impact all around a 360° radius.
And if one of these burning shrapnel shards so happen to stab an enemy, they'll be damaged 90 health points for 5 seconds.

giphy.gif

⦗Star Cards⦘

Imminent Doom: The Rocket Launcher does more damage.
│8% / 14% / 20% / 25% More Damage

Forceful Combatant: The rockets now have a larger splash radius.
│6 / 6.5 / 7 / 8 Extra meters of range for the damage radius

Bringer of Justice: If Baze kills 3 enemies with the rocket launcher, the cooldown is permanently decreased.
│3 / 6 / 9 / 12 Seconds cut off from the normal cool down.

AVENGER

2247.jpg

GUARDIAN

8ed39686eb96eb8b24a257de776e1449bb83b523_00.jpg

"Blaster is ready, time to mow them down."

"I'm going to kill every last one of you before I go down."

"Come on! We have to win this fight!"

"Hahaha! We've got reinforcements, lets Go!"

"The Force is with me and I am one with the Force."

“They destroyed our home, and now I’ll kill every last imperial because of it”

"I'm not a Jedi, but I can get the job done."

"You're welcome."

"Turn back with that light saber before I crush you Sith." ~ Baze
"Your blaster will prove ineffective." ~ Darth Vader

"The force will protect me from your sorcerous ways Dark Lord." ~ Baze
"Your faith in the force will only doom you." ~ Darth Vader

"The rebellion and your kind will fall before the empire." ~ Darth Vader
"Not without a fight we wont." ~ Baze

"I don't think we'll be as lucky this time." ~ Baze
"We don't need luck, we have you!" ~ Chirrut

"You're praying... Really? After everything that's happened?" ~ Baze
"You used to be the most devoted guardian of us all Baze. Surely you see that again someday." ~ Chirrut

“Make sure you hold that sword with TWO hands child.” ~ Baze
"I think I've got this old man." ~ Rey

"The darkness swelling in your heart... Feel it I do." ~ Yoda
"You think you can fool me with your sorcercy and laser sword... It wont sway me." ~ Baze

"I didn't think Jedi were so full of themselves." ~ Baze
"We all have our own ways to handle ourselves in a fight." ~ Luke

Victory Pose 1

5677af197888b70db4ddcf84ec297a60--star-wars-rpg-gift-shops.jpg

Victory Pose 2

rogue_one_baze_malbus_1___png_by_captain_kingsman16-dbpq4bx.png

Victory Pose 3

rogue_one_baze_malbus_2___png_by_captain_kingsman16-dbuxy7p.png

Victory Pose 4

baze-malbus_467fe1ea.jpeg?region=199%2C0%2C1163%2C654&width=768

@Dash
⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
\⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

Post edited by IronSoldier on

Replies

• Dash
    11568 posts Member
    I’m blown away with the passion man. Fantastic job dude!5l9u4zgbzrym.gif
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• JMaster
    2175 posts Member
    Oh, you're spoiling us, DJ! Two concepts in ONE day?
    I always felt Baze could be an awesome character to play as for the Rebellion. A big hulking tank to lay down streams of blaster fire, and I love the concept of a pump-action ability! I wonder how the ability would function if instead of as a Vanguard-like timed ability, it's more like a toggle akin to Jyn's Rifle Configuration. Firing a shot send it into cooldown, but it's as fast as a Rush attack from Luke or Maul. Just a thought, these all sound excellent! I can't wait for his friend to come after him... ; )
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Imagine activating Thermal Discharge against Deathtroopers on Scarif Citadel.

ryf2em3cdp8r.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • #BazeDengarSeasonDreamTeam
    - I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.
    loupda9aaa7.jpeg
  • This is awesome

Baze for a rogue one season would be truly epic!
  • JMaster wrote: »
    I always felt Baze could be an awesome character to play as for the Rebellion. A big hulking tank to lay down streams of blaster fire, and I love the concept of a pump-action ability! I wonder how the ability would function if instead of as a Vanguard-like timed ability, it's more like a toggle akin to Jyn's Rifle Configuration. Firing a shot send it into cooldown, but it's as fast as a Rush attack from Luke or Maul. Just a thought, these all sound excellent! I can't wait for his friend to come after him... ; )

Baze is indeed a very cool man.
    I would love if they got Dengar to counter him in Battlefront 2, it'd be a perfect matchup.

I'll see about doing a rush attack cooldown type thing.

Gonna do Chirrut in a bit now.
    He's as thoughtful & interesting as my Mace concept!
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• bfloo
    15030 posts Member
    BAZE!!!

a7mjva140zqc.png
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Baze would be an amazing hero. If they do a R1 season they better not forget about Baze!
  • Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    JMaster wrote: »

I would love if they got Dengar to counter him in Battlefront 2, it'd be a perfect matchup.

Dengar vs Baze

Much needed heavy blaster heroes!
  • Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    JMaster wrote: »

Dengar vs Baze

Much needed heavy blaster heroes!

qulx4zhpajgs.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I fight the empire now
  • baze vs darth vader...might be the balance the light side needs
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    Ba ba ba BAZE!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Alex64
    7040 posts Member
    Baze is the hero we need right now
  • mastery0ta
    6089 posts Member
    All my HUES for Baze and you guys. Sad rogue one has become the red headed step child in this game.
  • Alex64
    7040 posts Member
    Meanwhile...
    dkp53e5q8wye.png
    tenor.gif
  • My idea for abilities:
    Left: portrait shot (Baze can lock on to multiple enemies and down them with a storm of blaster fire
    Central: The force is with me ( Blaze takes 50% less damage and his gun will shoot powerful canon shots that do 150 damage. Fires around as fast as the s-5) inspired by the events just before his death in RO
    Right
    Heavy rocket launcher ( Blaze shoots a heavy rocket with a large blast radius, can lock on to vehicles)
    Don’t exactly know what appropriate damage stats would be for left and right
  • baze.
  • JMaster
    2175 posts Member
    I guess since Chewie isn't a viable Light Side Tank in Galactic Assault, we'll need another character for that...
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • RyanK388
    1736 posts Member
    A blaster hero in this game will be wreaked
    Sabers are the games meta for heroes