criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Battle Point Event: Vehicles

EA_Tom
265 posts EA Community Manager
xdhtcykkffhq.png

Battle Points required to unlock all vehicles in Galactic Assault are reduced by 75%

The event will be available from Friday November 23, 00:01 am - Monday 26, 06:00 am Stockholm time.

Replies

• Now this is podracing.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Just remember, spinning is good, but doing a barrel roll is better 😁
  • Shainto wrote: »
    Just remember, spinning is good, but doing a barrel roll is better 😁

That is awesome, don't forget to press Z or R twice.
    Anyways, this looks awesome, and hopefully I won't miss most of it like last time. Cheap MTTs and AT-AT here I come!
    y3gkboo90dt8.jpeg
    “They were always real to me”
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • TheScape
    1686 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    This is the event I like the most because it lets me level up vehicles. I hate using speeders (I'm terrible with them). I also like the free 1k credits from each artillery level, but I'm also terrible using walkers and the LAAT is too easy to kill.

EDIT: I always get armor and artillery mixed.
    Post edited by TheScape on
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Looking forward to it, as I usually do well in vehicles, particularly the armored kind...

Would be really great to get some new maps soon though (for all modes, but especially extraction)!
  • NICE...
    some target practice in prep for Geonosis - thank you
  • Equipping ion shot. Looking forward to this!
  • hsf_
    1540 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    It's a cool idea, but it would be even cooler if we had some decent vehicles to pick from. The AT-RT is next to useless and so are the speeders. The only Speeder that's any good is the one on Hoth.

Can we have some proper tanks added to the game? There are plenty to choose from.
  • Distraction tactic game strong.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Ah my speeder bike awaits. I'M COMING FOR YOU!
  • LOVE IT!!!
  • Lame, when's Hero Unleashed becoming it's own mode?
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif[/quote]
  • Your catch me in the at-st ;) Sorry not sorry bring the rain! Wish clones could get an at-ap instead of that rt!!!
  • hsf_
    1540 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Your catch me in the at-st ;) Sorry not sorry bring the rain! Wish clones could get an at-ap instead of that rt!!!

Don't understand why the Clones haven't got the TX-130 like they had in the original Battlefront 2 game.
    latest?cb=20060319125541
    And why don't the CIS have the NR-N99?
    1177015760_small.jpg
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    It's a cool idea, but it would be even cooler if we had some decent vehicles to pick from. The AT-RT is next to useless and so are the speeders. The only Speeder that's any good is the one on Hoth.

Can we have some proper tanks added to the game? There are plenty to choose from.

the at-rt is WHAT??? get yourself a tank and give me an at-rt an and i will turn you into scrapmetal. i tell you a secret: speed! hit and RUN! if you stay somewhere, you are a sitting duck. if you move, you can roadkill infantry and be the pain in the but of every villian, except boba.
  • hsf_
    1540 posts Member
    S_Markt wrote: »
    hsf_ wrote: »

the at-rt is WHAT??? get yourself a tank and give me an at-rt an and i will turn you into scrapmetal. i tell you a secret: speed! hit and RUN! if you stay somewhere, you are a sitting duck. if you move, you can roadkill infantry and be the pain in the but of every villian, except boba.

I think I'll just grab a sniper and take your unprotected head off. How's that? That's what happens to me every single time I pick the AT-RT.
    If it had some more destructive abilities(like maybe ion torpedos or a grenade launcher), and were protected from snipers taking your head off it might be useful. But it has rubbish abilities.

The repair is useless as you can still die in 1 shot without the vehicle being destroyed, the Ion shot is meh and completely situational and the scan ability is just that, a scan ability. It needs more power or it needs replacing on some maps. It's good on maps like Tattooine, but that's only because it's such an enclosed map with narrow streets and lots of choke points.

I know the rebels are meant to be inferior technologically, but you don't need to make their vehicles useless. The rebel starfighters are still excellent, even if they do look old as hell compared to the First Order and The Empire counter-parts.

I think I'll just grab a sniper and take your unprotected head off. How's that? That's what happens to me every single time I pick the AT-RT.
    If it had some more destructive abilities(like maybe ion torpedos or a grenade launcher), and were protected from snipers taking your head off it might be useful. But it has rubbish abilities.

The repair is useless as you can still die in 1 shot without the vehicle being destroyed, the Ion shot is meh and completely situational and the scan ability is just that, a scan ability. It needs more power or it needs replacing on some maps. It's good on maps like Tattooine, but that's only because it's such an enclosed map with narrow streets and lots of choke points.

I know the rebels are meant to be inferior technologically, but you don't need to make their vehicles useless. The rebel starfighters are still excellent, even if they do look old as hell compared to the First Order and The Empire counter-parts.

Yeah, being vulnerable while you are in the AT-RT is its main issue. I always aim for the head, instead of the vehicle itself. It's a faster way to get rid of them, and it usually works.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Empty servers or low player count for this GA cheap vehicles event.

Other than Geonosis, when are we getting new maps?

Getting old playing the same maps for months now so these events don’t hold any surprises. Wouldn’t matter if heroes, reinforcements and vehicles were free because it is the same maps. Boring!

See what porting SWBF 15 maps does to the playerbase.
  • i cannot remember beeing headshot or onehitted using an at rt. i think your problem is that you are not moving enough. the repair isnt useless at all, if you do hit and run. attack your target like a plane would do, run them over if you can, get around the next corner ad repair and while it worksdo another attack. works well for me. the only proble you can get is too many enemies shooting at you at the same time . this is the only situation where theyget me.
  • Why? The costs for ground speeders, AT-ATs, and AT-RTs is pathetically low already. Before an officer just had to buff people twice at the spawn to get one but during this event they can do it once and respawn into one.

• hsf_
    1540 posts Member
    i cannot remember beeing headshot or onehitted using an at rt. i think your problem is that you are not moving enough. the repair isnt useless at all, if you do hit and run. attack your target like a plane would do, run them over if you can, get around the next corner ad repair and while it worksdo another attack. works well for me. the only proble you can get is too many enemies shooting at you at the same time . this is the only situation where theyget me.

But the repair doesn't regen your health, so it is useless. You could be down to 10HP on the AT-RT, do a repair and still get 1 shot without them damaging the vehicle.
    And do you play on PC or Console? As PC has a higher level of aiming(due to better input) and it's much easier to snipe. I've had games where I've hit nearly 70 kills(not eliminations but kills) as a sniper on maps like Hoth and Crait, so, so easy.
  • Less than 800 views and less than 30 responses.
    Please stop with temporary stunt events and provide the community with new maps for all modes.
    Lobbies are half full or half empty depending on how one perceives it during this event.
    This game needs new permanent content and 1 map every 8 months and temporary events aren’t cutting it.

Hope DICE has some additional maps, SWBF 15, or something else new other than Geonosis for the rest of the year.
  • I've been using heavy more during this weekend to take down vechicles.
    Fun stuff.

Also fun to play in the vechicles.

These weekend events have been a great addition to the game.
  • This was ok. Prefer the Heroes unleashed.
  • Thank god this is over. It's a bit pointless to run full anti-armour loadouts when it does just about nothing these days.
    If not the damage, then atleast give some thought to bumping up the Ion Torp tracking. It's abysmal.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • S_Markt wrote: »

What about AT-ST's because there pretty hard to destroy with the AT-RT's. The AAT are pretty easy but not the AT-ST.
    i cannot remember beeing headshot or onehitted using an at rt. i think your problem is that you are not moving enough. the repair isnt useless at all, if you do hit and run. attack your target like a plane would do, run them over if you can, get around the next corner ad repair and while it worksdo another attack. works well for me. the only proble you can get is too many enemies shooting at you at the same time . this is the only situation where theyget me.

But the repair doesn't regen your health, so it is useless. You could be down to 10HP on the AT-RT, do a repair and still get 1 shot without them damaging the vehicle.
    And do you play on PC or Console? As PC has a higher level of aiming(due to better input) and it's much easier to snipe. I've had games where I've hit nearly 70 kills(not eliminations but kills) as a sniper on maps like Hoth and Crait, so, so easy.

are you kidding me? you regen health the way every soldier does. so the only reason why you are killed because of low health is that you do not stay back to regen health. this is not a problem of the at rt but a problem of no cleverness.

but i see your problem with the pc headshot problem. i am playing on console and with a pad you do not have the m/k easy-aiming for noobs. so it might be fair to give pc players a headshotprotection