criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Chewbacca in GA Ground Slam Glitch

Aside from Chewie still being wildly underpowered in GA, has anyone noticed his ground slam will not work if it’s interupted by the slightest things? Grenades, lighting from Palpatine, or in some cases blaster fire?

The running animation will continue to play out until the ability is over without executing the actual Ground Slam; usually causing your ridiculously ever so fragile (for some stupid reason he has fragile health) to deplete in seconds because you’re just stuck... running.

Replies

• Aside from Chewie still being wildly underpowered in GA, has anyone noticed his ground slam will not work if it’s interupted by the slightest things? Grenades, lighting from Palpatine, or in some cases blaster fire?

The running animation will continue to play out until the ability is over without executing the actual Ground Slam; usually causing your ridiculously ever so fragile (for some stupid reason he has fragile health) to deplete in seconds because you’re just stuck... running.

It is in HVV as well some times, and Arcade (cos i tried it, as i was suffering from it in game n needed a cure). u have to hit the key twice once to initiate and once to slam or stop it depending on its mood.
    Rebellions are built on hope.
  • It's absolutely R that they spend time nerfing Chewbacca without fixing this known bug?
    He is already such a difficult hero to play in GA, with only two working abilities.
    One can also jump, and while in the air slam. But this is also risky, especially when you get the timing wrong and you run into a room of troopers! Lol
  • Although I don't realy care about Chewbacca, because he is too strong in HvV against Force Users in my opinion, I do not understand, why he can only get health back with killing in connection with ground slam. The same is valid for Yoda and Phasma, no matter I like her or not.
    So, I do understand, that Chewbacca could be up in GA.
  • I’m not a Chewbacca main by any means, but I like to see balance in my game, and nerfing him was LAST and worst possible thing they could have done before fixing him. Now he’s wildly underpowered and even more underrepresented. I was already hesitant to pick him in GA, but now I’m even less likely to do it without feeling like I’m nerdfing myself. If his charge slam is the only way to gain health, either buff his health to Vader standards or make his regen higher. If not, fix the charge and make it a one kill on troopers (it’s not on heavies).
  • If the game claims he’s “mighty” he should feel like it right? Not that complicated to see or request if you ask me. Instead, his health is like that of a Reinforcement.
  • Zinjo
    87 posts Member
    edited December 8
    Aside from Chewie still being wildly underpowered in GA, has anyone noticed his ground slam will not work if it’s interupted by the slightest things? Grenades, lighting from Palpatine, or in some cases blaster fire?

That is because he and Bossk have unececessary preview animations to certain abilities that someone on the dev team, with too much influence, has been able to keep in the game. No other heroes / villains have these pointless animations, they just do their thing when you activate their ability.
    It seems that someone has a fetish for flash over gameplay. Hence we get pointless character animations and HUD announcements in the middle of the screen with pretty graphics that obscure our view of the game while we play. I wasn't aware this was a NIntendo game?
    FPS games are all about the play, NOT the flash. We would be grateful if these were removed, but these complaints fall on deaf ears unfortunately.
    Someone Didn't like my signature asking for Inferno squad skins....