criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

New HvV please

This HvV is just a joke now seriously it’s pathetic this game mode incourages running away and exploiting parts of the map seriously its more frustrating than fun i had about four games in a row where the villains just ran away as maul and boba look if you enjoy this game mode good for you but it would be nice if there was a new hero mode such as a hero blast where what only matters is how many kills you can get and not how long you can runaway then we will see who they real skilled players are

Replies

• 2015 did it better. Should've stuck with it. 3 + 5 vs 3 + 5, or 4 + 4 vs 4 + 4

Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

22kciqve3jgt.gif
  • Heroes Unleashed!
  • I play a lot and it’s been tough lately. With all the new players the exploiting has been worse. The boba flying from one end of the map to the other. I don’t think I played a game last night if HvV where someone didn’t hide in a glitched area. It’s just getting old. Simple, take away the target system.
  • I agree to adding new modes, but not to removing the target.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I agree to adding new modes, but not to removing the target.

If we have a target system we need better parameters such as target loses health slowly but get HOK. Or just add a light side jetpack hero.

If we have a target system we need better parameters such as target loses health slowly but get HOK. Or just add a light side jetpack hero.

That sounds like a great idea!

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • TheBigPineappL
    150 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    +1billion
    Grievous ended up being another freaking runner too. Good luck winning any match with Boba, Maul and Grievous in it.
  • TheScape
    1886 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Unwarycoin wrote: »

Or mix it up with tickets. Or add a counter to how many times the opposing team can die (similar to how once you die in HS you are gone for good for that round). That way if they keep trying to suicide against your target while theirs run they lose the point anyways. That is the only possible way to keep the target system and penalize running without buffing or nerfing the targets.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Yeah grevious is becoming a runner between his ability to move fast due to height and the claw rush. But every once in a while he gets stuck due to his size and it's fun to catch, kill and emote him. But that will change as runners find the best routes for him.
  • TheScape wrote: »

Or mix it up with tickets. Or add a counter to how many times the opposing team can die (similar to how once you die in HS you are gone for good for that round). That way if they keep trying to suicide against your target while theirs run they lose the point anyways. That is the only possible way to keep the target system and penalize running without buffing or nerfing the targets.

All I know is I like the target system but sometime should and could be done to stop the runners/hiders/cowards.
  • Heroes Unleashed!

Yes please.

• TheScape wrote: »

This could work, maybe as time passes the game could select "alternate" targets.
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »

This. You're only allowed to die 3 times before you can't respawn until the targets change. That way, the runners can remain the cowards they are, and all the other team has to do is farm the opposition enough times.

This might work too.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • hsf_
    1614 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Why not just buff the target to have bonus health and damage? This would encourage the target to engage with the enemies, rather than run away like a coward.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
  • bfloo
    14071 posts Member
    hsf_ wrote: »
    Why not just buff the target to have bonus health and damage? This would encourage the target to engage with the enemies, rather than run away like a coward.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian

You mean like pulling stats would get players to pto?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• KresusFIN wrote: »

This. You're only allowed to die 3 times before you can't respawn until the targets change. That way, the runners can remain the cowards they are, and all the other team has to do is farm the opposition enough times.

This is an interesting idea, and easy to implement. Nice.
  • NO TICKETS. I dont want HvV to turn into a bigger version of hero showdown with 4 heroes and villains camping instead of 2 ill take the runners over campers any day. just bring back the old HvV from the 2015 battlefront and let the troopers help deal with runners and campers.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    NO TICKETS. just bring back the old HvV from the 2015 battlefront and let the troopers help deal with runners and campers.
    Agreed

Bf15 version is so much better than bf2 awful attempt at it
  • What about a ticket match, you lose one per death but there is still the target system. If the target dies you lose 3 tickets. If you kill the target you are rewarded but also if you run and let your team die it still punishes the team overall. Just a thought.

This could work, maybe as time passes the game could select "alternate" targets.
    KresusFIN wrote: »

This might work too.

I think I'm starting to have second thoughts, but the one where the target's health slowly drains still sounds like a great idea to me.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget