criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Chirrut Îmwe / Hero Concept

Elusive_DJ
3141 posts Member
edited November 2018
⦗Chirrut Îmwe⦘

Be FAITHFUL

star-wars-rogue-one-donnie-yen.jpg

│Base Health: 750 HP
│Health Regen threshold: 250 HP
│Time before Regen kicks in: 3 sec.
│Time before Regen Threshold is met: 3.5 sec.

│Movement Stats: Chirrut can cover 8 meters of distance all in 1 second while Sprinting.
So he has some pretty good cardio already.
He’s a melee hero who can’t use the force & block everything, so he’s gotta be fast & prepared for the battle ahead.

│Chirrut Îmwe's Kyber Imbued Uneti Staff / Damage & Performance Stats)

Chirrut can hit his enemies rapidly with his staff, it acts very similarly to Light Saber attacks in this game.
If a player presses the primary attack button ONCE, Chirrut will swing his staff 3 times in rapid succession, and deal 65 damage on every staff slash that hits.

Unlike a Light Saber wielder swinging their saber only once when the player presses the primary attack button.
All 3 staff swings from the initial push of the primary attack button will happen in the span of .50 sec.

Each individual swing from the Staff will flow like water, Seamlessly. Much like Maul's incredibly smooth saber slashes.

Chirrut will lock onto any and every opponent if he ever decides to attack them with his staff, as if he had a light saber.

Chirrut has no obvious blocking feature like a melee oriented Jedi character would.
So he has other stuff to help with that.

If you press the aim button while having either the Staff or Lightbow out, then Chirrut will dodge like Maul currently does. Since they both lack in a block sort of feature.
This dodge will cover 30% more distance than any other force dodge in the game.

Contrary to other melee oriented heroes like Jedi, Chirrut has NO stamina.
Which will allow chirrut to swing his staff forever.

The main drawback to the melee focus of this hero, is that Chirrut cannot actually make use of raw force power.
Meaning he cannot jump an incredibly high distance or push away troopers with a whim of his hand.
As he's not a Force User, but a Force Feeler.
Which is the whole point of his character.

chirrut-jedha-tall.jpg

These are star cards that don't require the activation of an ability to be effective.
(The brackets below the descriptions represent all 4 star card tiers in the game.)
⦗Passive Star Cards⦘

Natural Combatant: Enemies are periodically spotted through walls everywhere every 15 seconds.
│2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Seconds of enemies being spotted through a wall (Only for Chirrut)

│15 / 10 / 7 / 4 Less time for when you get to see another enemy through walls[/i]

Guardian of the Whills: Whenever Chirrut Îmwe kills an enemy soldier, he will gain 25 health. If he kills a reinforcement or Villain, then he gets even more health.
│45 / 80 / 115 / 135 Extra Health gained from killing Villains / Reinforcements

SIGNATURE ABILITY (R1+L1/RB+LB) / 8s Active Time / 15s CD / ⦗Heightened Senses⦘ - Chirrut's mastery through his blindness & spiritually in the force will help him gain unmatched capabilities in Attack & Sprint speed. His Lightbow's effectiveness is also improved.

How this ability actually works:While this ability is active, Chirrut will have 30% faster sprint speed, and 35% faster attack speed.

He'll also gain a unique power in this game, that no other hero or villain has. He'll have the capability of having a chance to dodge light saber attacks & blaster bolts at a 40% chance.
Sort of like how in certain games you'd shoot at an enemy and then you'd see the word MISS over their head.

5599244-6714654235-tumbl.gif

Whenever Chirrut dodges a Saber or Laser bolt, you'll see a slight blur of Chirrut making an incredibly fast dodging gesture. Sort of like how Sith in the Jedi Knight games would dodge all of your laser blasts with a blur.

Some synergy with the Heightened Senses ability involves the Light Bow ability, which will now be equipped with 2 extra charges to fire without reloading. But each laser charge takes just as long to reload as they normally would.

This ability makes Chirrut a formidable foe to anyone who dares face the Devoted Guardian of the Kyber Temple.

⦗Star Cards⦘

Quick Striker: Chirrut can swing his Staff even faster while Heightened Senses is active.
│7% / 16% / 20% / 25% Faster Swinging speed for Heightened Senses

Strength of Purpose: Chirrut will be more likely to dodge Blaster bolts & Light Sabers.
│4% / 8% / 15% / 20% More likely to dodge Laser Bolts or Light Sabers

Indomitable Will: Chirrut defeating enemies while Heightened Senses is active will extend the ability's duration.
│1 / 2 / 3 / 5 Replenished seconds of Active Time

The Heightened Senses ability was inspired by this great scene in Rogue One:
bSNo2E3.gif

ABILITY (L1/LB) / Can be equipped and unequipped at will / ⦗Lightbow⦘ - Chirrut locks out his Light Bow, and can now perform highly volatile attacks from any range.

How this ability works: You can equip and unequip this secondary weapon at any time, it's interchangeable between the staff.
It is a single fire bolt action weapon, it does not have damage fall off from range.
When you fire this weapon, it will guide itself toward enemies with one laser projectile & deal 150 dmg with explosive splash damage.
Which means it will pierce through light saber blocks, and damage other enemies that are close by the explosive blasts.

mz-jnc.gif

It can lock onto enemies that are on the ground, as well as Vehicles, Starfighters. Similarly to Leia's secondary fire.
The damage it does to vehicles is 500 raw absquatralance.

It takes 1.2 seconds to reload this Light Bow.

Instead of Dodging when you press the aim button with the staff, you will aim down the sights of his light bow instead of dodging. To dodge with the Light Bow equipped, the player can tap the crouch button, similar to Jedi characters.

⦗Star Cards⦘

The Force Whills: The Lightbow takes a shorter time to reload.
│1.4 / 1.2 / 1 / .8 Less seconds of reload time

Sharp Marksman: The Lightbow will have a sharper auto aim when it has been fired at an enemy.
│5% / 10% / 15% / 20% Stronger lock on

This ability was inspired by this scene in Rogue One:
FoYyARR.gif

ABILITY (R1/RB) / 9s Duration / 20s CD / ⦗Heart of Kyber⦘ - Chirrut uses the power of the Kyber end of his Uneti Staff to protect himself and his allies that surround him.

How this ability actually works: Chirrut will hold his Uneti Staff in in place with both of his hands, as he did when he walked with clarity and purpose towards the master switch chanting "I'm one with the force and the force is with Me."

He stabs the Kyber end of his staff onto the floor, making a peaceful Kyber Crystal sounding shock wave all throughout his vicinity.
The sound of the Kyber crystal will give everyone that is within an 9 meter radius of Chirrut a spiritual healing boost.

As soon as Chirrut hits his staff onto the ground, he will heal all allies who are within an 9 meter radius of himself.
The healing circle will have a harmonic Kyber song playing, with a small bit of blue mist covering the radius.
Just to let people know that he's using his healing ability even more-so.

He will heal his team mates for 400 health over the course of 9 seconds.
So each individual second will grant 80HPfor his team mates.

Chirrut will walk at a rather slow pace while this ability is active.

This ability is mostly meant to be used when all team mates are in one position, and if they're safe and not taking any damage.
But it could be used in battle, so that's why Chirrut will be armed with a 50% chance to dodge blaster bolts / light sabers, AND 200 armor for himself. This is to help him stay in the fight while healing his team mates.

-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=
(Chances to dodge bolts / sabers does not stack when the Heart of Kyber & Heightened Senses abilities are combined)
-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=

He can have a maximum of 200 armor & 50% dodging chance for healing his team with this ability active.
Chirrut will also have 30% damage resistance while this ability is active. Just to help him stay in the fight just a little longer.

In this 9 meter Kyber healing radius team mates will be immune to stun, stagger & blinding effects.
Which includes getting slashed by a light saber, hitting a saber block and being staggered, or being flailed by force powers.
BUT you & your team mates will still take damage from force powers or any other damaging effect.
This stun /stagger immunity effect will carry on for 4 seconds after Heart of Kyber has been disabled by the player.

This ability can be disabled at any moment by the player during the 5 second duration, but it will immediately go on a 20 second cooldown if it's manually disabled by the player.

You will gain 50 score for every 100 HP you heal on a team mate.

Heart of Kyber was greatly inspired from this amazing scene in Rogue One
yrES1O4.gif

⦗Star Cards⦘

I’m one with the Force: Team mates will be healed for more health & Chirruts healing active time is increased.
│450 / 500 / 550 / 600 Extra regened Health for Team Mates

│5.5 / 6 / 6.5 / 7.5 Extra seconds of healing time[/i]

…And the force is with Me: Chirrut's Armor threshold is increased.
│220 / 240 / 260 / 290 Extra Armor

Strong Sensitivity: The radius in which allies can be healed is increased.
│10 / 11 / 13 / 17 Extra meters for the healing field

"Your aim is as precise as your wit."

"I fear nothing."

"All is as the force wills it."

"Are you kidding me? I'm blind!"

"The strongest stars have hearts of Kyber."

"The force moves darkly around a creature that is about to kill."

"I'm one with the force and the force is with me."

"Let us pass in peace."

"The force moves darkly around you, Monster." ~ Chirrut
"The dark side gives me all I need." ~ Darth Maul

"The empire will destroy whatever is left of your religion." ~ Vader
"You may be able to kill me, but you will never destroy what faith is left within the universe." ~ Chirrut

"I will release your Kyber crystal from its pain when you're defeated." ~ Chirrut
"Your insignificant stick is no match for my powers." ~ Vader

"A blind man? This'll be the easiest credits I've earned yet." ~ Boba
"Your judgement only betrays you, Bounty Hunter." ~ Chirrut

"Perhaps you could take me on as your apprentice Jedi Master? ~ Chirrut
"Sense your potential I do, a possibility to become a Jedi for you yes? Hm hm! ~ Yoda

"Finally, the Jedi have returned to aid us in our darkest hour." ~ Chirrut
"Arrived I have, fear the enemy no longer we should." ~ Yoda

"Haha! At last, a Jedi!" ~ Chirrut
"We do what we can, now lets win this battle." ~ Luke

"I was beginning to think you left me!" ~ Chirrut
"What? I would never. I go where you go, Chirrut." ~ Baze
"As do I, friend." ~ Chirrut

"We can't let them win Chirrut! We have to stop them!" ~ Baze
"Don't worry, the force will provide us with the courage we need." ~ Chirrut
"Oh will you just Stop with this Force stuff! WE have to make our own courage!"~ Baze
"Exactly my friend, we'll persevere through this troubling time together. As a team." ~ Chirrut

"I sense there's much troubling you on this mission friend." ~ Chirrut
“It’s nothing, lets give the Empire a warm welcome.” ~ Baze

"You almost shot me!" ~ Chirrut
"You're welcome." ~ Baze

"The force did protect me." ~ Chirrut
"I Protected you!" ~ Baze

Victory Pose 1

41TMcvR79YL.jpg

star-wars-rogue-one-chirrut-imwe-sixth-scale-hot-toys-feature-902912.jpg

latest?cb=20161110034942

Rogue-One-Star-Wars-Story-Chirrut-Imwe-Kyber.jpg

@Dash
⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
\⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

Post edited by IronSoldier on

Replies

• Dash
    11616 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I have LOVED his character since the moment I saw him on screen. He is a Spiritual Warrior, a true believer of the Force. Having him added would not only be amazing, but his Hero Archetype/Combative Style would be extremely unique as well.

I’d love to have him in this game. As usual, Fantastic Job here man! Keep them coming dude! :sunglasses:
    5su3urufxig2.gif
    Post edited by Dash on
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me I am one with the force and the force is with me

I came into this thread really hoping that you would have that line and you delivered my friend!
  • I like a seemless staff strike, whatever they do the staff strike can not feel like Phasmas
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Dash
    11616 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    rollind24 wrote: »
    I like a seemless staff strike, whatever they do the staff strike can not feel like Phasmas

Agreed.
    xl54hpxp0pns.gif
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• He would be an awesome character to play as. I imagine his combat style would be a mix between Darth Maul and Captain Phasmas staff strike.
  • Awesome concept once again DJ... a hero that truly crosses over the melee and blaster combat for the light side would be so fun to have.
    mpdlvu0bdovi.jpeg

Baze and Chirrut fighting together... fun banter while they adventure. Who wouldn’t want this.
    3sbwz5vz0vol.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • "I am one with the force and the force is with me"

I came into this thread really hoping that you would have that line and you delivered my friend!

Nice, I'm glad you found what you were expecting!

Dash wrote: »
    I have LOVED his character since the moment I saw him on screen. He is a Spiritual Warrior, a true believer of the Force. Having him added would not only be amazing, but his Hero Archetype/Combative Style would be extremely unique as well.

I’d love to have him in this game. As usual, Fantastic Job here man! Keep them coming dude! :sunglasses:

Indeed friend. Chirrut is a very cool star wars character, would love if he was in the game.

rollind24 wrote: »
    I like a seemless staff strike, whatever they do the staff strike can not feel like Phasmas

I honestly hope they never slack on an ability like that ever again.

What they did to those staff strikes is just absolutely horrendous.

Spergicide wrote: »
    He would be an awesome character to play as. I imagine his combat style would be a mix between Darth Maul and Captain Phasmas staff strike.

Definitely some Maul in there, I'd rather not have any hero playing like Phasma.

Piscettios wrote: »
    Awesome concept once again DJ... a hero that truly crosses over the melee and blaster combat for the light side would be so fun to have.

Baze and Chirrut fighting together... fun banter while they adventure. Who wouldn’t want this.

Indeed, Chirrut would be AWESOME to play!

As well as his trusting companion Baze Malbus.

fx8jf4ickha7.jpg
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• This sounds AWESOME!
    To me, there were two truly stand-out characters from Rogue One: Alan Tudyk's K-2SO, and Donnie Yen's Chirrut Îmwe. In my opinion, this rivals your concept for Mace Windu, it's that great. Chirrut sounds like an absolute blast; almost exactly how I'd want him to be and more. The 3-hit combo for his main attack is really cool, and him being what I assume to be maxed-out Luke's trait as his movement speed (which sounds crazy and epic) he'll make up for his lack of Force powers and a block with pure speed and epic attacks. I'm happy his Lightbow is a toggle, it wouldn't be quite right for it to be a one-time use thing like a grenade, and the lock-on for fighters is marvelous. Oh, and the dodging blaster bolts would be excellent, I wish it was a quick-time event for some characters!
    I'm sorry if some of my other replies to your posts I try and "better" what you make, I tend to have very strong mental images of what I want the character to play like in-game, it in no way means I dislike what you've come up with. But even then... I can't think of anything to add on to this. This will be the standard by which I'll compare any in-game representation of Chirrut in Battlefront, and anything that falls short will be a bummer. You've gone so in-depth, including values for active times, damage, swing and sprint speeds, things I wouldn't think of. I hope you know how much I enjoy these, your clear dedication and appreciation for these characters, and that I would love to see these implemented into Battlefront as they are.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • I love the banter between characters you added.
  • Great concept!
    7jeivwr9cfbp.jpeg

We need the dynamic duo posthaste
    tdstb5aq2995.jpeg
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Chirrut would be such an unique character to have

+1
  • JMaster wrote: »
    Oh, and the dodging blaster bolts would be excellent, I wish it was a quick-time event for some characters!

JMaster wrote: »
    I'm sorry if some of my other replies to your posts I try and "better" what you make, I tend to have very strong mental images of what I want the character to play like in-game, it in no way means I dislike what you've come up with.
    But even then... I can't think of anything to add on to this. This will be the standard by which I'll compare any in-game representation of Chirrut in Battlefront, and anything that falls short will be a bummer. You've gone so in-depth, including values for active times, damage, swing and sprint speeds, things I wouldn't think of. I hope you know how much I enjoy these, your clear dedication and appreciation for these characters, and that I would love to see these implemented into Battlefront as they are.

Please do speak your mind! I love when I see contrasting viewpoints & opinions. Keeps the discussion going.

But anyways, I'm glad you liked my iteration of Chirrut!

I tried to the best of my ability to grasp every single bit of his capabilities in the movie, and man did it pay off!

Seeing you enjoy these characters & my concepts make me happy.

> Me when I finish a hero concept
    IdealGloriousBubblefish-size_restricted.gif

I love the banter between characters you added.

Yep, the dialogue potential is immense for this guy.

Great concept!
    We need the dynamic duo posthaste!

YES! Baze & Chirrut must come to the battlefront!
    Chirrut would be such an unique character to have
    +1

Indeed he would my old friend.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Chirrut digs this thread.

wg71c8o2rh6t.png

• Great work I would love to see each chirrut and baze but I don't think we will. Still very nicely done bro keep them coming
  • Chirrut :heart:
  • he is like the darth maul of the light side
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Chirrut and Baze... the LS heroes we need.

Not cartoon characters that can do flips with glowing toothpicks.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Great concept. Per usual.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Great concept, do you have any for Smoke in the making?
  • Great concept, do you have any for Smoke in the making?

I’m fairly certain he’s stone cold sober when he creates these.
    hx5fuw64b3pr.png

Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • he is truly one with the force
    cause everything you read on the internet is true...
  • Yes please. Add his boi Baze also. You have all my HUES
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Great concept, do you have any for Smoke in the making?

hx5fuw64b3pr.png

LOOL I meant Snoke
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Great concept, do you have any for Smoke in the making?

hx5fuw64b3pr.png

LOOL I meant Snoke

tt7qo1go1027.gif

:wink:

aakkhwbkosde.gif