criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Improvement Suggestions for Luke Skywalker

Prev1
Dash
11484 posts Member
edited November 2018
I have mained Luke since early access on the Lightside. I have played as and against every variation of heroes & villains within this game. Of all the heroes I play, I know Luke the best and excel with him the most (Light Side).

To me personally other than the occasional bugged ability miss, or the new first saber swing does 0 damage bug, I rarely ever have issues fighting as him in any mode. *****But this is not the case for everyone/every platform.*****

However, with that said, I firmly believe that there is always room for improvement (Bugs that need to be fixed aside). This post here made by a friend of mine is the inspiration/Reason I am even typing this at all: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/124302/luke-skywalker-is-absolutely-terrible-in-swbf2-and-what-he-has-become-is-a-disgrace/p1

I don’t want good feedback to be lost among bickering. So here we are. I’ve consolidated the factual and needed improvements all into this post, and none of it will get lost in translation/bickering.

Now onto the reason I am writing this in the first place. There seems to be a misunderstanding between “Trash Tier Hero” & “Variance In Hero play between the platforms”. Again, and I stress, even without the bugs, even if Luke was buffed already and hit like a truck, it is imperative that everyone that plays this game understand the following:

1. What is done on one platform, will never be identical to another platforms in game behavior due to game build variance (Game Play wise. Primarily I’m referencing the “What can be done on PC cannot be emulated/translated onto consoles. Reaction time, performance within the game itself, and also including precision/accuracy).

2. Because there is a variance between platforms and the game builds, there will always be different issues/experiences per different users on differing platforms. (Bugs, glitches, combat, etc. even though we’re all playing the same game).

3. You’re individual Skill level on a Hero/Villain is 100% the MOST Important factor when fighting other heroes/villains.

Now that I’ve covered that, I will get to the point. Which is that Luke Skywalker needs the following changes made to bring him up to par/in line with his counterparts within the game itself. Keep in mind that I play him Very well and don’t really break a sweat using him as he is. Even with the bugs and lack of damage output/threat level.

The suggestions are as follows (This is from Direct Feedback from players/members given here, on these very forums):

1. Lower his Global ability cooldowns slightly as in doing so brings about a quicker rotation of his skill set which in turn boosts his all around DPS & threat level.

2. Slightly up his damage per Saber swing against Villains. As is, enemies know they can tank Luke for a while. Which honestly shouldn’t be the case at all. He’s a Grandmaster at this point.

3. Slightly increase the damage for Force Push and Repulse against Villains.

4. When Luke does Repulse, the animation as is leaves him open to soak a lot of incoming damage from all sources. An easy fix suggestion for this would be to slightly reduce damage intake while using Repulse until the animation ends (35% damage reduction while casting Repulse would suffice). Speaking of repulse animation, clean it up a bit. It takes too long to end. That’s also part of its problem.

5. We need skins for Luke. Desperately. I recommend these 2 for The Fans both Old and New.

Bespin Luke:

km6nz1hsh04e.gif

Grandmaster/Hermit Luke:

0yrs8m5sn4es.gif

As always, thank you for taking the time to read one of my posts. I hope you all have a wonderful week.

May the Force be with Us, Always. :blush:

@Landeaux2 , @EventHorizionOH , @Guillaume_Dice

Thoughts? And let’s keep it civil. :wink:
Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Post edited by Dash on

Replies

• Push can be activated while free-falling
    Repulse can be used mid-air and while free-falling.
    Rush knocks enemies off their feet
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Push can be activated while free-falling
    Repulse can be used mid-air and while free-falling.
    Rush knocks enemies off their feet

That would be immensely welcome as well! And it would better suit how they themselves (the devs), designed him/his play style within the game itself.

+1.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Raices
    1057 posts Member
    The faster cooldowns i believe it's too much, i agree with everything else.
  • I would just like to say that I love luke & agree with everything except the cooldown but, luke is not a grandmaster lol. Overrated
  • Personally i would only change his push and repulse to do more damage against villains. I don't think he needs anything else buffed. But ofc that's only a matter of opinion :)
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• He could use a damage buff imo. But he's not trash like people are saying. He needs to stay somewhat mobile to be successful. I have won plenty of 1v1s against inferior players with him. Repulse needs a damge buff against Villains for sure. They definitely need to fix the bugs where his first hit doesn't register and also the bugs where you get hit by phantom lightsabers after killing him.
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Good. Now we’re getting varying opinions and different aspects on what should and shouldn’t be added. Which is fantastic because while giving the opinions it also shows everyone’s different play styles and priorities for adjustments.

Thanks for the info so far people. :blush:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• bfloo
    14100 posts Member
    I'd be happy if his abilities would actually work more than 30% of the time.

Nothing like hitting the button, seeing him start the animation, say the voice line, then change his mind "nope, not doing it' half way through :(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Dash
    11484 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Nothing like hitting the button, seeing him start the animation, say the voice line, then change his mind "nope, not doing it' half way through :(

The bugs are frustrating to me as well. Nothing ruins a good flank like “Surprise, oh hey guys give me a moment this doesn’t seem to be working” and now I’m on defense. :lol: :disappointed:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• ghawar18
    679 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Personally I do not find that Luke needs a special buff of damage, in GA against infantry and HvV, I play as a team to tank my enemies, to allow my allies to shoot them while I protect them or I push them away. from my experience here is what I propose +4 meters of radius to the repulsion of luke and +4 meters to the charge to the sword of luke. The radius of the repulsion is the distance that luke makes when using a sword rush, which is why +4 meters to 2 skill. ^^
  • This sums it up perfectly on Luke. Nice Job! I also think Luke is just slightly off where he needs to be in this game. Your expert analysis pinpoints exactly what is, and what needs to be done with him. I also fully support the suggestion that Luke should be able to activate Repulse while in the air. This would be a fantastic addition to his gameplay! It would be very situational while giving him a uniqueness from other Force users that he deserves.

Great post!
    MTFBWY...
  • He is op and that is a fact, two abilities that take out entire teams
  • I think your post is very good OP.

But Luke is super great right now. I would really prefer they leave him alone except for getting his hits and force abilities to register better.
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »
    I think your post is very good OP.

But Luke is super great right now. I would really prefer they leave him alone except for getting his hits and force abilities to register better.

I did use a disclaimer saying I personally am fine with him, especially me using him. But when I read the other post, I saw clearly that was not the case for everyone.

This post is more of a feeler to see where everyone is at Adjustments/needs wise, and to see where interests between various players align, so we can go from there for mutually beneficial/warranted suggestions.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Guys, I get it. Some of you don't play HvV so by saying that he can kill entire teams you are forgetting that this is a whole game, not just GA. Furthermore, all of us can do well with how he is now, whether it's GA or HvV, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be improved (as OP said, bugs aside).
    In terms of raw power he is weaker that most lightsaber users. So there is a lot of room for improvement. Push and Repulse already cause more damage to troopers than Villains so buffing that will help without breaking him. My suggestions:

1. Increase Base damage.
    2. Increase Repulse Damage
    3. Significantly reduce Repulse time animation OR add at least 35% (as OP suggested) damage reduction.
    4. Increase Rush damage slightly above his new Base damage.

I feel cooldown time is fine right now. Luke is the light side runner, if you buff his cool down time he will get a lot harder to catch as he'll be able to use Push way more often.
  • bfloo wrote: »

This is my biggest problem with him. I’d like to see him working smoothly without bugs to see where he really stands.

IMO, Luke is a ‘touchy’ subject for buffs. His agility, regen and saber speed are in great spots but it seems to me without proper care he could go OP very easily. And Dice has proven time and again to be ham-fisted with nerfs and buffs.

So if he is to receive some dmg buffs, I would ask for very small steps to be taken. The repulse animation improvement you suggested, Dash, would be a good first step.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Oh and Crait Luke > Sacred Texts Luke ;)
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Very good suggestions, I agree completely 100%!

Luke does need a buff to be more up to par with the other heroes in the game.

Like in a direct 1v1 confrontation with Vader, he doesn't really stand a chance if the other vader knows what he's doing.

On top of numerous bugs that prevent his capabilities from working consistently, which put me off from playing this character entirely.

So here's a few proposals for ability buffs / extra abilities he could have.

I think that his Rush Strike should take off a lot more stamina from Kylo and Vader's light saber block.
    Just so he can actually stand an actual chance in a fight against them, because when they start holding up their blocks it pretty much negates every attack you do.

Luke vs Vader is just so unbalanced in this game, so I think he definitely could use this.

One extra ability I would like for luke after his abilities have been buffed and all that, is that his Heavy Strike ability comes back in some way. But in this game it would work a little differently.

Like maybe its an extra 4th ability that gives him slow moving saber strikes that deal an incredibly high amount of damage.
    As well as the unique capability completely ignore light saber blocks, by hitting a parry you wouldn't be staggered by this heavy strike.

Just a few more ideas to maybe help Luke perform a bit better you know?

Amazing thread & ideas btw Dash! A lot more professional & to the point than others.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Dash
    11484 posts Member
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    Very good suggestions, I agree completely 100%!

Luke does need a buff to be more up to par with the other heroes in the game.

Like in a direct 1v1 confrontation with Vader, he doesn't really stand a chance if the other vader knows what he's doing.

On top of numerous bugs that prevent his capabilities from working consistently, which put me off from playing this character entirely.

So here's a few proposals for ability buffs / extra abilities he could have.

I think that his Rush Strike should take off a lot more stamina from Kylo and Vader's light saber block.
    Just so he can actually stand an actual chance in a fight against them, because when they start holding up their blocks it pretty much negates every attack you do.

Luke vs Vader is just so unbalanced in this game, so I think he definitely could use this.

One extra ability I would like for luke after his abilities have been buffed and all that, is that his Heavy Strike ability comes back in some way. But in this game it would work a little differently.

Like maybe its an extra 4th ability that gives him slow moving saber strikes that deal an incredibly high amount of damage.
    As well as the unique capability completely ignore light saber blocks, by hitting a parry you wouldn't be staggered by this heavy strike.

Just a few more ideas to maybe help Luke perform a bit better you know?

Amazing thread & ideas btw Dash! A lot more professional & to the point than others.

Much appreciated input dude. From everyone here so far and you yourself.

It’s good that we’re getting every angle on him as a character. Because like I’ve stressed adamantly, he is utilized differently per platform/per person.

Seeing everyone’s feedback thus far showcases that. He needs a decent touch up, nothing major. But with some of if not most of these suggestions being implemented, I can easily see a more balanced and more satisfying Luke Skywalker that we could have/use.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash
    11484 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »

This is my biggest problem with him. I’d like to see him working smoothly without bugs to see where he really stands.

IMO, Luke is a ‘touchy’ subject for buffs. His agility, regen and saber speed are in great spots but it seems to me without proper care he could go OP very easily. And Dice has proven time and again to be ham-fisted with nerfs and buffs.

So if he is to receive some dmg buffs, I would ask for very small steps to be taken. The repulse animation improvement you suggested, Dash, would be a good first step.

Indeed he is a very touchy subject. Have to tread lightly with him or like you said yourself, he could become too strong or too weak. Which is why it’s hard requesting adjustments for heroes. The adjustments as history has shown is always in the extremes. Too much, or too little. :neutral:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• bfloo
    14100 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »

Indeed he is a very touchy subject. Have to tread lightly with him or like you said yourself, he could become too strong or too weak. Which is why it’s hard requesting adjustments for heroes. The adjustments as history has shown is always in the extremes. Too much, or too little. :neutral:

maybe we should start with making him actually work.

I never knew about the 1st strike not registering feature™
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Dash
    11484 posts Member

maybe we should start with making him actually work.

I never knew about the 1st strike not registering feature™

Yeah, that bug started when Grievous deployed. Been extremely annoying losing the initial strike/attack Dps. :rage:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• In GA all Luke needs is his abilities to actually work regularly and he would be almost unstoppable, which I’d be right up for

I do great with him as he is now but wouldn’t say no to a fix to his abilities

• Dash
    11484 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    In GA all Luke needs is his abilities to actually work regularly and he would be almost unstoppable, which I’d be right up for

I do great with him as he is now but wouldn’t say no to a fix to his abilities

+1.

This is exactly my mindeset as well in reference to Luke specifically.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• behind this one hundred percent.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member
    One should not be able to completely negate his Repulse with a roll. There is too much risk and almost no reward, the ability is slow, easy to predict and barely deals enough damage. Just my two cents...
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member
    AVGN wrote: »
    One should not be able to completely negate his Repulse with a roll. There is too much risk and almost no reward, the ability is slow, easy to predict and barely deals enough damage. Just my two cents...

100% Agreed.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• AVGN wrote: »

This IMO. It's crazy when you compare Luke's Repulse to an ability like Han's detonite charge. That can OHK every class from pretty far away, while Luke's repulse has a tiny range, makes him super vulnerable, and can't OHK any of the classes.
  • AVGN wrote: »

Especially since it’s not a directed ability, but one that’s coming up from the ground. Rolling is of course on the ground.
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member
    edited November 2018

Especially since it’s not a directed ability, but one that’s coming up from the ground. Rolling is of course on the ground.

Fun fact a lot of people don’t know about Repulse. Did you know it’s a sphere? Not just a halfcircle aiming upwards?

No joke. Repulse can hit enemies below as well. A full sphere AOE.

a7pivj77ensq.gif

I have clips on my channel. You can see me hitting someone downstairs while hitting someone right next to me with it on Death Star.

Just wanted to throw that out there. Don’t know if it’s intentional or not though. :lol:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Spot on, I would favor a reduction in animation time at the end of repulse to keep him mobile. Keep the run in hit and run. I also can't understand why Yoda's Dash can't be blocked but Luke's Rush can.
    1. Fix the hit detection and first strike bugs.
    2. Speed up Repulse animation, particularly at the end.
    3. Consider making Rush a block breaker.
    IF they could make the first 2 happen, we'd have to test it to determine whether the third buff or a raw dmg buff is even necessary to bring his damage potential up to where many other hero's are.
  • I also had a weird idea. One that would be totally cool, but no way Dice would realistically implement at this point.
    Modify Repulse to have a signature Luke somersault at it's start. Think a short range Maul like spin landing into repulse. Could have a 1 hit saber dmg to enemies in the path + repulse dmg aoe associated with it.
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member
    I also had a weird idea. One that would be totally cool, but no way Dice would realistically implement at this point.
    Modify Repulse to have a signature Luke somersault at it's start. Think a short range Maul like spin landing into repulse. Could have a 1 hit saber dmg to enemies in the path + repulse dmg aoe associated with it.

Speaking of that, every second Saber hero jump should be a somersault!

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash wrote: »

Fun fact a lot of people don’t know about Repulse. Did you know it’s a sphere? Not just a halfcircle aiming upwards?

a7pivj77ensq.gif

I have clips on my channel. You can see me hitting someone downstairs while hitting someone right next to me with it on Death Star.

Just wanted to throw that out there. Don’t know if it’s intentional or not though. :lol:

+10 insightful... did not know this.

czzw86mc993g.gif
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member

a7pivj77ensq.gif

+10 insightful... did not know this.

czzw86mc993g.gif
    iwzb2f03j9o2.gif

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Love this and agree 100%
  • MC_XIX
    1432 posts Member
    Yeah I agree that Luke needs buffing. But what I don't understand is why nobody seems to acknowledge that Darth Maul, Luke's supposed dark side equivalent, needs buffing too if Luke gets more damage.

Right now, Luke absolutely destroys Maul 1v1 because Maul has no block. I'm not OK with that, but it won't change at this point so it's just something to tolerate. But you guys want to buff Luke, even though he already crushes Maul?

Maul is currently in a worse state than Luke. His Furious Throw is borderline useless. Choke Hold deals a very poor 77 damage to infantry and heroes, and most of the time it doesn't count as a kill when throwing enemies off a ledge. Luke's Push deals 90 damage to heroes and 150 to infantry, can be used when jumping while Choke Hold cannot, and also more reliably counts as a kill when pushing enemies off a ledge.

Maul also has less health and his Spin Attack can be dodged. Much like Grievous, Maul relies heavily on 1 ability which isn't even that great.

So yeah, buff Luke by all means. But Maul's Furious Throw needs fixing, his Choke Hold should deal 150 damage to infantry and 100 to heroes, and then he'll be slightly better in HvV. He'll still be a bad pick though without a block, but that won't change.
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Yeah I agree that Luke needs buffing. But what I don't understand is why nobody seems to acknowledge that Darth Maul, Luke's supposed dark side equivalent, needs buffing too if Luke gets more damage.

Right now, Luke absolutely destroys Maul 1v1 because Maul has no block. I'm not OK with that, but it won't change at this point so it's just something to tolerate. But you guys want to buff Luke, even though he already crushes Maul?

Maul is currently in a worse state than Luke. His Furious Throw is borderline useless. Choke Hold deals a very poor 77 damage to infantry and heroes, and most of the time it doesn't count as a kill when throwing enemies off a ledge. Luke's Push deals 90 damage to heroes and 150 to infantry, can be used when jumping while Choke Hold cannot, and also more reliably counts as a kill when pushing enemies off a ledge.

Maul also has less health and his Spin Attack can be dodged. Much like Grievous, Maul relies heavily on 1 ability which isn't even that great.

So yeah, buff Luke by all means. But Maul's Furious Throw needs fixing, his Choke Hold should deal 150 damage to infantry and 100 to heroes, and then he'll be slightly better in HvV. He'll still be a bad pick though without a block, but that won't change.

We know about Mauls issues. And Luke dominates him. I basically toy with Mauls. But we can make a post for him too. It’s not that I don’t care or anything, but I’d rather focus on Luke in the Luke post, and then go over Maul in his own post. Better to focus on one at a time instead of splitting hairs. Heck I’ve even posted about his saber throw missing constantly while being on target. It’s unreliable. But hey, at least it’s fast, small animation, and he doesn’t take loads of damage casting it like Repulse, standing still and lifting his arms while everyone fires at him right?

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

We know about Mauls issues. And Luke dominates him. I basically toy with Mauls. But we can make a post for him too. It’s not that I don’t care or anything, but I’d rather focus on Luke in the Luke post, and then go over Maul in his own post. Better to focus on one at a time instead of splitting hairs. Heck I’ve even posted about his saber throw missing constantly while being on target. It’s unreliable. But hey, at least it’s fast, small animation, and he doesn’t take loads of damage casting it like Repulse, standing still and lifting his arms while everyone fires at him right?

Ok cool. It just concerns me a bit that I see many topics and posts asking for Luke buffs, but barely any for Darth Maul.

a7pivj77ensq.gif

Wow, didn’t know that either. I knew it effected those in the air above and honestly I was envisioning a cone, rising up from the ground. Thanks for this, great information!
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member
    edited November 2018

a7pivj77ensq.gif

Wow, didn’t know that either. I knew it effected those in the air above and honestly I was envisioning a cone, rising up from the ground. Thanks for this, great information!

@Darth_Vapor3 , Small but accurate example. Go to the 1 minute 14 second mark (1:14), and watch the right side below me on stairs, the Iden, and look left at the Phasma in front of me. I have more within other vids in GA on Yavin as well. But here, take a look.

(1:14) second mark:

On Yavin for example, I was top stairs left side of Yavin, had to disengage because there were enemies in the bottom left corner firing at my Luke trying to hold courtyard as my randoms came back (buying time). So I jumped above them, on top of that corners little roof, I repulsed, and when they were knocked down I went down, dashed in with damage reduction and swung my way in with my saber to clear them out/finish them off.

Also, with increased radius for Repulse, it can get crazy too. I used it a long time ago incase my pushed didn’t catch a boba, then I knew my Repulse would hit him high enough. The increased Repulse goes extremely high in the air and below too, and has quite the range as well.

Here’s that example. Start at 45 (:45) second mark, watch me use my push to get two villains out of the way, then chase down the runner Boba and knowingly finish him off with a larger repulse I knew would take him out:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• MC_XIX wrote: »

I think Maul should be given all the buffs you have suggested, but he should also have the ability to strike a saber block without being staggered, like Yoda and Grievous.
  • stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    disclaimer, I am a casual bf2 player. I have played since launch but dont play every day and usually play smaller modes like extraction and strike. but I get into hvv sometimes as well. so my perspective on Luke is from a less competitive angle.

1. I really like playing as Luke. he feels more natural to me with fast movement speed and force abilities. hes probably the most fun for me to play due to his playstyle. if we need a light side saber hero I'm choosing luke.

2. I agree he is in dire need of more appearances. there are some possibilities from the movies. his degobah suit, x-wing pilot, tatooine ANH outfit, and the robes from TLJ. Anything would be a welcome update. dont do Luke dirty like this. hes the main hero the original trilogy!

3. His rush feels weak. maybe it's more of an initaite/escape ability but just a touch more damage would be nice.

4. someone mentioned his repulse working as a jump down ability. I try this sometimes out of habit thinking it works. something like Nova slam from mass effect 3 would be cool. jump up and come down on those fools with a repulse.

5. redo his voice lines. some of the most painful lines I've heard. it's bad. needs to be reworked either a new voice actor or just better recording. I doubt it happens at this point but would ne nice.

6. Yoda on shoulders. this would be cool as well. if they could team up and Yoda jumps on his shoulders to give him some additional ability or bluffs. also he encourages him when swinging.

Also one other comment here. be careful when requesting too many changes. the odds for breaking something are high and as we know it could be months before it's fixed again, if ever (see mauls saber throw)
    Post edited by stevenomes on
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member

I think Maul should be given all the buffs you have suggested, but he should also have the ability to strike a saber block without being staggered, like Yoda and Grievous.

That’s also something that needs to be looked at for sure.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Thanks for the post. I concur. Out of all the suggestions, I find the suggestion to lower his cooldowns on his abilities to be most important. You brought up a good point that having a lower ability rotation set in itself makes him better without necessarily having to overcompensate by adding too much damage into his abilities. Right now, they’re each on 20 second cooldowns, which I believe is way too long considering other hero abilities are far more threatening and on much shorter cooldowns (over 50% faster in some cases). One thing I’d like to add is that I still believe the development team needs to find a way to slightly speed Luke up for the sake of balance. The dark side has the three fastest characters in the game and I find that to be a major reason why the dark side is generally better in HvV. Definitely agree on the skin ideas!
  • Dash
    11484 posts Member
    Landeaux2 wrote: »
    Thanks for the post. I concur. Out of all the suggestions, I find the suggestion to lower his cooldowns on his abilities to be most important. You brought up a good point that having a lower ability rotation set in itself makes him better without necessarily having to overcompensate by adding too much damage into his abilities. Right now, they’re each on 20 second cooldowns, which I believe is way too long considering other hero abilities are far more threatening and on much shorter cooldowns (over 50% faster in some cases). One thing I’d like to add is that I still believe the development team needs to find a way to slightly speed Luke up for the sake of balance. The dark side has the three fastest characters in the game and I find that to be a major reason why the dark side is generally better in HvV. Definitely agree on the skin ideas!

No, the thanks goes to you. Like I wrote, your post had great feedback within it. I just didn’t want it to go to waste getting lost between all the back and forth bickering. So all the thanks goes to you. :blush:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Thanks for the post. I concur. Out of all the suggestions, I find the suggestion to lower his cooldowns on his abilities to be most important. You brought up a good point that having a lower ability rotation set in itself makes him better without necessarily having to overcompensate by adding too much damage into his abilities. Right now, they’re each on 20 second cooldowns, which I believe is way too long considering other hero abilities are far more threatening and on much shorter cooldowns (over 50% faster in some cases). One thing I’d like to add is that I still believe the development team needs to find a way to slightly speed Luke up for the sake of balance. The dark side has the three fastest characters in the game and I find that to be a major reason why the dark side is generally better in HvV. Definitely agree on the skin ideas!

No, the thanks goes to you. Like I wrote, your post had great feedback within it. I just didn’t want it to go to waste getting lost between all the back and forth bickering. So all the thanks goes to you. :blush:

2p6p7edqypi5.gif
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Dash
    11484 posts Member

2p6p7edqypi5.gif
    2i3xudo98786.gif

Always loved “confused self realization Luke”. :lol:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif