criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Comment if you are hyped for and love Count Dooku

Prev1
Clusterwatch
165 posts Member
edited November 2018
Back at E3 when Season 3 was revealed and when Dennis said Dooku is coming in the game,nobody was cheering or clapping..just silence..
Video:
Lets show our boy Count Dooku some love on this forums then : D

Replies

• Absolutely yes. I'm very hyped for Dooku.

• I’m definitely hyped for the Count.

I’m probably more interested in what his abilities will be, than I am for Kenobi & Anakin.

They should make him extra tough to duel against & def give some force lighting
  • IronSoldier
    3428 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I really wonder what his emotes could be
  • Clusterwatch
    165 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Absolutely yes. I'm very hyped for Dooku.

That smile at 1:14 🤣
  • hmm why the silence i wonder, hes a great character can use the darkside without the corruption effect
  • No thanks not interested in this villain.
    #StarWars-y
  • Well I don't know the actual reason for the crowd's lack of hype. But I can tell you why I am not. I'm not a fan of the prequels. Attack of Clones was pretty bad and Count Dooku as portrayed (as it was written in the script) was not a good character. I am glad and happy that we are getting a new character added to the game though.
  • He's the most unique and coolest saber hero.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I really wonder what his emotes could be

Idk but "Twice the pride, double the fall" has to be one of them
  • You,Mr. Moderator,are genious!
  • it's so long off. so many more things have to happen first before I get excited for dooku. besides I dont get excited much for content in this game any more as it always has some game breaking bug on release that takes months to fix. I'm just happy with whatever they give us. I dont expect much anymore. it's a cold way to live but it's the only way for me to survive in this game without uninstalling.
  • It depends on what he will bring.

Grievous brought nothing except damage output: And he is countered by anyone worth their salt with a blaster.

I'm curious, to be sure, but I very much doubt Dooku will be anything beyond a situational pick in either game mode.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Earl Dooku is far and away the coolest of the prequel heroes they're introducing.

I'm just worried he's going to be either useless or a CC bot, because every saber we currently have fits one of those.

Hopefully they use his proper musical cue as well

61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Earl Dooku is far and away the coolest of the prequel heroes they're introducing.

I'm just worried he's going to be either useless or a CC bot, because every saber we currently have fits one of those.

Yep. To both.

So far, Kylo and Vader remain the highest-value saber heroes on the DS, if not the entire game. And so long as Kylo has Freeze, that ain't changing.

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

• DarthJ
    6331 posts Member
    Definitely hyped for when he shows up (still a long way off), as I feel he is the 1 out of the 4 heroes who have been announced who will potentially have the most unique abilities. A unique and excellent duelist, force lightning use - all point to a unique saber hero hopefully.

I don't expect him to dominate GA (unless he has a lightning ability which has decent range) but I think he should be a force in HvV personally.

I really like the character but I can see why others don't - he is only mentioned by name for most of ep II (which is probably the worst SW film alongside TLJ) and only appears towards the end scenes, and is only in III for about 5 minutes at the start, but he was fleshed out well in TCW and his overall contribution is quite big.

As for emotes - "surely you can do better"
    "twice the pride, double the fall"
    "I have become more powerful than any Jedi, even you"
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • It's a shame lightsaber combat is so bad atm.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• "My powers haave doubled since we last met, Count."

"Two times zero is still zero."

y6qvidach2x9.png

• Piscettios wrote: »
    xzoc08wrpgnf.jpeg
    Boundless hype...

Cool Dooku emotes
    ‘Double the pride, twice the fall’
    ‘Surely you can do better’
    ‘I sense great fear in you’
    ‘I’ve been looking forward to this’

Dialogue to Lando: ‘Its a shame your skill in battle does not match your taste in attire’
    lpgcb2dcno7v.jpeg

I hope he has many backhanded compliments for his foes. o:)

What is he drinking in that picture if you know? Other than that,nice ideas!
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Earl Dooku is far and away the coolest of the prequel heroes they're introducing.

Yep. To both.

So far, Kylo and Vader remain the highest-value saber heroes on the DS, if not the entire game. And so long as Kylo has Freeze, that ain't changing.

Maybe they can surprise us.

If they make him a Palp/Vader hybrid with lightning ranged attacks and saber used more for in close defense and follow up, he'd probably be quite interesting to play.

Hopefully he's not a broken one mode wonder like general "FOTM" grievance
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
    xzoc08wrpgnf.jpeg
    Boundless hype...

Cool Dooku emotes

Dialogue to Lando: ‘Its a shame your skill in battle does not match your taste in attire’
    lpgcb2dcno7v.jpeg

I saw a post from the artist on Reddit, apparently Fantasy Flight Games (this is card art for SW Destiny dice game) asked him to paint a picture of ‘Dooku looking badass drinking space wine’ ...and this was his result. :smiley: :sunglasses:
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Earl Dooku is far and away the coolest of the prequel heroes they're introducing.

Yep. To both.

Maybe they can surprise us.

If they make him a Palp/Vader hybrid with lightning ranged attacks and saber used more for in close defense and follow up, he'd probably be quite interesting to play.

Hopefully he's not a broken one mode wonder like general "FOTM" grievance

I hope I will be proven wrong, but I partially suspect that his Force Lightning will be more of a "Single shot" medium-range CIS Enforcer Wrist Rocket sort of thing.

Genuinely curious to see what he becomes, I will grant. But eh.. Not seeing him becoming a prime pick in GA, ever.

y6qvidach2x9.png

Piscettios wrote: »
    xzoc08wrpgnf.jpeg
    Boundless hype...

Cool Dooku emotes

lpgcb2dcno7v.jpeg

I saw a post from the artist on Reddit, apparently Fantasy Flight Games (this is card art for SW Destiny dice game) asked him to paint a picture of ‘Dooku looking badass drinking space wine’ ...and this was his result. :smiley: :sunglasses:

I like it :sunglasses:
  • Clusterwatch
    165 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    DarthJ wrote: »
    I really like the character but I can see why others don't - he is only mentioned by name for most of ep II (which is probably the worst SW film alongside TLJ) and only appears towards the end scenes, and is only in III for about 5 minutes at the start, but he was fleshed out well in TCW and his overall contribution is quite big.

[Post deleted by Author]

Reason: Was too lazy to read the whole thing
    Author's comment:Ooops!
  • DarthJ wrote: »

Cough cough Star Wars the clone wars tv show Cough cough

You sound like General Grievous with all that coughing 😂
  • Thats a meme,but thanks for the compliment ;)
  • DarthJ
    6331 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

Cough cough Star Wars the clone wars TV show Cough cough

That's what I meant by TCW in the last line..... :wink:
  • Clusterwatch
    165 posts Member
    edited November 2018
  • Alex64
    6493 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    it would be exciting if both Dooku and Anakin arrive at the same day., i'm just saying.
  • DarthJ
    6331 posts Member

No worries!
  • I cant wait for Earl Dooku!
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
    xzoc08wrpgnf.jpeg
    Boundless hype...

Cool Dooku emotes

lpgcb2dcno7v.jpeg

Badass Dooku art. I love the space wine and the smug look.👍
  • He should have the highest stamina of all force users in the game. Nothing should break his block, including Yoda. He should be able to deflect blaster fire for days. And...he can successfully block Wookiee bolts.

He has to sacrifice speed and damage output a little, but defensively he's a beast.

I'm guessing either LB or RB will be a single shot of lightning. 200 dmg maybe? 12 second cooldown? Something like that.

Not sure about the other abilities. Very excited to see him in the fight.
  • What is with all of these LOL's?
  • Also,people,dont forget the dentist!

Also 1 more thing:NO CANDY
  • can I comment if Im not hyped and I couldn't care less about another glow stick running around
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • No comments!

Get it?
  • Count Dooku is my favorite sith, right there with Darth Vador. Of course i'm exited for him!
  • Potential Epic skin? :sunglasses:
    u63k9xiz898g.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I just saw that :smiley:
  • It could work,just remove his clone wars tv show head and replace it with realistic face of course :lol:
  • Really hope he’s got a unique set of abilities.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • It could work,just remove his clone wars tv show head and replace it with realistic face of course :lol:

Definitely. Just the outfit lol
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Clusterwatch
    165 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Too be honest I wouldn't love or even like Dooku if he wasn't being acted by Christopher Lee <3
  • What? Nobody used this gif yet?

giphy.gif
    May your heart be your guiding key.