criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

3DS Questions

Okay, so I did some searching and I think I got an answer, but I figured I'd double check here anyways.
Do the "Only For New Nintendo 3DS" games also work on an original, so long as you have the CPP and NFC adapter, or do I have to get a New 3DS to play those games?
Thanks in advance!
Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
#JoinTheBuzz

Replies

  • So far the answer is no.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • I have another question. Does the New Nintendo 2DS have the same functionality as a New 3DS (minus the 3D, of course.), and what accessories are compatible with the original 2DS?
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • I did some searching, and the New 2DS might be my best bet, but I'm still gonna get the accessories for my OG 3DS, and the original 2DS would be a nice novelty item.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • EA_Cian
    1083 posts EA Moderator
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I have another question. Does the New Nintendo 2DS have the same functionality as a New 3DS (minus the 3D, of course.), and what accessories are compatible with the original 2DS?

    Your research may have answered this but I believe so, yes. You could play, for example, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on the New 2DS (did so myself) as well as the SNES games on the eShop.

    Good luck in your decision making. :smile:
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I did some searching, and the New 2DS might be my best bet, but I'm still gonna get the accessories for my OG 3DS, and the original 2DS would be a nice novelty item.

    I would really love to get a nintendo switch to play Pokémon: let’s go pikachu but I exclusively play SWBF2 in my free time, don’t know if it’s worth it
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I have another question. Does the New Nintendo 2DS have the same functionality as a New 3DS (minus the 3D, of course.), and what accessories are compatible with the original 2DS?

    Your research may have answered this but I believe so, yes. You could play, for example, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on the New 2DS (did so myself) as well as the SNES games on the eShop.

    Good luck in your decision making. :smile:

    Thank you.
    Cadoth wrote: »
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I did some searching, and the New 2DS might be my best bet, but I'm still gonna get the accessories for my OG 3DS, and the original 2DS would be a nice novelty item.

    I would really love to get a nintendo switch to play Pokémon: let’s go pikachu but I exclusively play SWBF2 in my free time, don’t know if it’s worth it

    I'd say it's a good purchase, and I only have one game for it, "for now," or alternatively "[only one game for it] so far."
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • I might go for the New Nintendo 2DS because A. The purple one reminds me of the GameCube, B. It's cheaper, and C. It comes with a game I want (I believe that game is Mario Kart 7).
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • EA_Cian
    1083 posts EA Moderator
    Cadoth wrote: »
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I did some searching, and the New 2DS might be my best bet, but I'm still gonna get the accessories for my OG 3DS, and the original 2DS would be a nice novelty item.

    I would really love to get a nintendo switch to play Pokémon: let’s go pikachu but I exclusively play SWBF2 in my free time, don’t know if it’s worth it

    A dilemma for sure! That said, it may be better to keep this conversation to a thread focused on Nintendo Switch, or if there's a thread about Pokémon Let's Go, posting there. :smile:
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I might go for the New Nintendo 2DS because A. The purple one reminds me of the GameCube, B. It's cheaper, and C. It comes with a game I want (I believe that game is Mario Kart 7).

    Yep, Mario Kart 7.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
Sign In or Register to comment.