criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Who Do You Think is the Strongest Character in Star Wars Canon?

Prev1
This is a topic i've wanted to discuss for a while. Which character do you think is the strongest in the canon? I am going to go for Yoda myself. I have always held the belief that Yoda would have beaten Sidious in ROTS had he not been sent flying. I think that TLJ Luke could be the strongest, but we haven't seen enough of him yet. Yoda also lifted up an entire mountain in Yoda's secret war, and showed powers of teleportation and weather control in TLJ. The canon has not been kind to Palpatine so far, in the EU he could transfer himself into another body so he wouldn't die. Sidious has gotten some pretty serious nerfs in canon (shame they couldn't nerf him that well in the game) and Yoda is one of the only characters who isn't really worse in canon. What do you guys think?
jexdw69dwod3.png

Replies

• The biggest power house in star wars are Yoda and Palpatine, I would go with yoda too.
    In rots yoda clearly win the lightsaber battle making sidious go on the defensive with force powers which is sidious strongest point and yoda got a draw in force power, he only lost because he was ligther and was thrown further away, note worthy point at this moment the force is heavily balanced in the dark side and yoda still got a draw. Only point I would give sidious over yoda is positioning/strategy.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • Mary Sue😂
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    In the real Star Wars canon, I guess we have to go with the planet eater himself Darth Nihilis.
    I think that whole thing was dumb, but someone who eats planets is hard to top

In Dizney Warz, Sabine
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Palps and yoda
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Cool topic, made me play episode 3 right now, lol. I love watching Palps take control of the galaxy.

I vote for Darth Sidious
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    You all seem to be over rating Yoda, he has never won an on screen duel and the jedi got eradicated under his watch.

h846398gb27k.png

• Probably Luke, Palps, or Snoke. They have some insane power. Projecting yourself across the universe is a feat few Jedi or Sith can do.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • IronSoldier
    2127 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    This cutie
    500?cb=20110916045125

Though. Perhaps. Wait till #IX...
  • This cutie
    500?cb=20110916045125

Though. Perhaps. Wait till #IX...

He is incredibly strong but I don't count him because he literally IS the force.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo wrote: »
    You all seem to be over rating Yoda, he has never won an on screen duel and the jedi got eradicated under his watch.

I count the Dooku duel as a win since Dooku just ran away. Yoda also was probably holding back. I also count the Sidious duel as a tie since even though Yoda didn't go back for Sidious, Sidious didn't pursue Yoda. Also I don't know if you've read Yoda's secret war but Sidious has definitely never lifted a mountain. Also with TLJ feats for Yoda it's GG.

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • In suit, Vader is shaping up to be the most powerful

which would be the opposite of how it was in EU continuity (I think those who are working on new Vader stories know this).
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    In suit, Vader is shaping up to be the most powerful

which would be the opposite of how it was in EU continuity (I think those who are working on new Vader stories know this).

I don't think this fits with the rest of the story though. Vader hated Palpatine, so if Vader was more powerful he would have killed Palpatine. Vader also lost to Luke and was canonically not holding back.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

I don't think this fits with the rest of the story though. Vader hated Palpatine, so if Vader was more powerful he would have killed Palpatine. Vader also lost to Luke and was canonically not holding back.

To my knowledge Vader was holding back, I think it was TFA novel said this I think. I also remember that Vader only had one weakness to Palpatine and that was force lightning and that was the only thing holding him back.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png

• bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »

To my knowledge Vader was holding back, I think it was TFA novel said this I think. I also remember that Vader only had one weakness to Palpatine and that was force lightning and that was the only thing holding him back.

Vader turtled after Luke screamed.

h846398gb27k.png

• u0v0r2pbtw17.jpeg
    5char
    PSN - Gingertom_ add me if you feel like it

i hate this game why am i here

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

I count the Dooku duel as a win since Dooku just ran away. Yoda also was probably holding back. I also count the Sidious duel as a tie since even though Yoda didn't go back for Sidious, Sidious didn't pursue Yoda. Also I don't know if you've read Yoda's secret war but Sidious has definitely never lifted a mountain. Also with TLJ feats for Yoda it's GG.

I count the Dooku duel as a draw, neither had an advantage at any point.

Knocking someone off a ledge is a win in Star Wars, so Sidious won, just like Jango won knocking Obi Wan off the platform. I'll concede this was the most disappointing end to a duel in any of the films, I just felt let down when Yoda skulked off and Sidious never even pretended to go and finish him off.

h846398gb27k.png

Knocking someone off a ledge is a win in Star Wars, so Sidious won, just like Jango won knocking Obi Wan off the platform. I'll concede this was the most disappointing end to a duel in any of the films, I just felt let down when Yoda skulked off and Sidious never even pretended to go and finish him off.

Yoda definitely had an advantage, Dooku would have been defeated had he not made that pillar fall. I don't think Sidious won because neither of them achieved their goals. Jango vs Obi Wan is different because Jango just wanted to escape, whereas Sidious fully attempted to kill Yoda.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member

Yoda definitely had an advantage, Dooku would have been defeated had he not made that pillar fall. I don't think Sidious won because neither of them achieved their goals. Jango vs Obi Wan is different because Jango just wanted to escape, whereas Sidious fully attempted to kill Yoda.

The plot armor was too strong in the Yoda vs Sidious duel.

I never felt either had an advantage in the Yoda Dooku duel, they were too familiar with each other and aside from George throwing in ninja flip Yoda with the kung fu grip, it accomplished nothing.

Still if we are judging by raw power, Anakin would win hands down, then after the Obi Wan duel, he lost 75% of his power, which would leave Luke as the most powerful. Based off the things we saw and read Vader could do, imagine if he was full strength.

h846398gb27k.png

I never felt either had an advantage in the Yoda Dooku duel, they were too familiar with each other and aside from George throwing in ninja flip Yoda with the kung fu grip, it accomplished nothing.

Still if we are judging by raw power, Anakin would win hands down, then after the Obi Wan duel, he lost 75% of his power, which would leave Luke as the most powerful. Based off the things we saw and read Vader could do, imagine if he was full strength.

I agree with that, but Luke needs more media about him after ROTJ, right now he only has 5-10 real feats, and he needs more to be classified as the best.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member

I agree with that, but Luke needs more media about him after ROTJ, right now he only has 5-10 real feats, and he needs more to be classified as the best.

Luke realized his potential after the resurrected Emperor story line. Then disney went and neutered him :'(

I'm not claiming the resurrected Emperor story line was great, but the Imperial Remnant made more sense than what we got in the ST.

h846398gb27k.png

Luke realized his potential after the resurrected Emperor story line. Then disney went and neutered him :'(

I'm not claiming the resurrected Emperor story line was great, but the Imperial Remnant made more sense than what we got in the ST.

If the book Legends of Luke Skywalker even has a tiny bit of truth to it, Luke is the strongest.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member

If the book Legends of Luke Skywalker even has a tiny bit of truth to it, Luke is the strongest.

I never read it, but the parts I heard about.....

h846398gb27k.png

Have you heard about the Battle of Jakku part?
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member

Have you heard about the Battle of Jakku part?

Yes, and considering legends are built on fact, we might need to reassess the Leia in space gripe.

h846398gb27k.png

• Obi? When is out has to be the strongest...
  • Obi? When is out has to be the strongest...

Not in the game, in the canon.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • I would say Yoda.

Although, it appears that Disney is trying to sell to us that Rey is the strongest force user with raw, natural potential.
  • I would say the strongest would obviously be Father, who was the living force. But now I would say the strongest out of all of them was Anakin Skywalker in his prime. He definitely is the most powerful in terms of raw potential.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Why has no one suggested Darth Bane yet? He was definitely the most powerful Sith of his time and his teachings let to the eradication of the Jedi.
  • DCDT wrote: »
    Why has no one suggested Darth Bane yet? He was definitely the most powerful Sith of his time and his teachings let to the eradication of the Jedi.

He has no feats.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Definitely mace Windu.
  • hsf_
    1233 posts Member
    edited November 25
    Cahhmakt wrote: »
    Definitely mace Windu.

Mace Windu had Palpatine at his mercy until Anakin intervened. Used forbidden techniques including Vapaad which was as close to the Darkside as you can get without becoming a Darksider.
    No one saying Darth Plagueis yet? Interesting. He had power over death its self and was Palpatines mentor.
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    Definitely mace Windu.

Mace Windu had Palpatine at his mercy until Anakin intervened. Used forbidden techniques including Vapaad which was as close to the Darkside as you can get without becoming a Darksider.
    No one saying Darth Plagueis yet? Interesting. He had power over death its self and was Palpatines mentor.

Again Plagueis has no feats.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    hsf_ wrote: »
    Definitely mace Windu.

I thought it was a great novel, but Plagueis never seemed that strong. He came off as mor of an opportunist.

h846398gb27k.png

Definitely mace Windu.

I thought it was a great novel, but Plagueis never seemed that strong. He came off as mor of an opportunist.

Yeah but that novel is also not canon and this thread is about canon.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    Definitely mace Windu.

I forgot about the dizney canon part Rey, kathleen said so.

h846398gb27k.png

Definitely mace Windu.

I won't accept that answer.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    Definitely mace Windu.

I won't accept that answer.

Good, neither do I

h846398gb27k.png

• REY. Just waiting for the EP IX infodump that she's the living force or whatever which explains all her abilities.
  • REY. Just waiting for the EP IX infodump that she's the living force or whatever which explains all her abilities.

Silly scavenger should not be the most powerful character.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png

• there are theories that she is luke's daughter so...h6z9jnpkj5nt.gif
    at least she isn't in hvv if you know what i mean ;) >:)
  • I'm surprised no one mentioned the gods of star wars, Jar Jar and Rose Tico
  • so true they are the best hero in battlefront 2...they have never died once!
  • Yoda.
    He was at his most powerful state when he was younger. B) <3
    Check out my skin idea for Palpatine:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117692/the-forgotten-skin-emperor-palpatine

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞

#LeiaOrgana
    4z1aaxrauk54.gif

• DarthJ
    5147 posts Member
    edited December 4
    Just reading back - multiple canon lore books state that Sidious actually won the fight with Yoda, since Yoda was forced to retreat. At points too, Yoda looked more hard pressed of the two. I'll see if I can find where it states it, but I have 2 books at home that both state Yoda lost to Palps.

So for me, its hard to say an overall powerful character though. I think it has to be split down to two areas - force powers and dueling.

For me, Palpatine is the strongest force user - no question about it. He managed to cloak himself effectively despite being on the same planet as the Jedi Council and thousands of Jedi, and not one suspected him, not even Yoda. He could reach out through the force too to sense other users, their whereabouts and could evidently contact them. Arguably bested Yoda in areas of their duel with the force. Yoda a close second though.
    In terms of dueling, I would say Mace Windu - he was known as the best duelist of the Jedi Order, and mastered Vaapad. He arguably had Palpatine at his mercy too.

Luke and Vader/Anakin get honourable mentions in both categories too.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Just reading back - multiple canon lore books state that Sidious actually won the fight with Yoda, since Yoda was forced to retreat. At points too, Yoda looked more hard pressed of the two. I'll see if I can find where it states it, but I have 2 books at home that both state Yoda lost to Palps.

So for me, its hard to say an overall powerful character though. I think it has to be split down to two areas - force powers and dueling.

For me, Palpatine is the strongest force user - no question about it. He managed to cloak himself effectively despite being on the same planet as the Jedi Council and thousands of Jedi, and not one suspected him, not even Yoda. He could reach out through the force too to sense other users, their whereabouts and could evidently contact them. Arguably bested Yoda in areas of their duel with the force. Yoda a close second though.
    In terms of dueling, I would say Mace Windu - he was known as the best duelist of the Jedi Order, and mastered Vaapad. He arguably had Palpatine at his mercy too.

Sith had been hiding around the Jedi for thousands of years, Darth Zannah infiltrated the Jedi Temple to look for something in the archive by pretending to be a Padawan and got the 'librarians' to help her.

Yoda was recognized as the best duelist. Mace was a better match up with Palps with Vaapad and Shatterpoint. That comes down to styles, Obi was the best of his time with Soresu, and Dooku smashed him, then Dooku got destroyed by Ani the 2nd time. Still Mace said that Obi Wan was the only one capable of taking down Grievs.

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthJ wrote: »

I would like to see books in canon that state that. And yes Yoda did suspect Palpatine, but I think he needed to let Order 66 happen in order (no pun intended) to win for all time.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • i doubt yoda would risk thousands of lives especially considering the jedi code
  • i doubt yoda would risk thousands of lives especially considering the jedi code

If you're watched the CW S6 he sees jedi being killed by clones.
    jexdw69dwod3.png