criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Do we want more First Person gameplay?

I really like First person play, it looks cool and has that extra immersion.

But on the other hand when you play like this online where mostly everyone plays 3rd person you are in a disadvantage overall. And because of this I go for 3rd person which I also like, but I think First person needs more attention.

And an important things is, not everything is able in First person view. And this also make most players play always 3rd person. As a Heavy when you pop the shield the view is switching back and forth to 3rd person to give an example.

Do we like and wnat more First Person? I do, so can we make mode or option (when you have custom/renting servers) to be First Person only.

Most importantly is that in all cases all players play in First Person in a game so that its equal. I would love this.
Priority list:

1. Fix Split Screen bugs and the rest
2. Reduce bright Saber glows especially on Yodas head
3. 41st Scout clone trooper
4. Max out Arcade maps Combat area
5. First Person only mode

Replies

• In adittion, First Person in Starfighters; also fun but reallt unplayable almost because of the normal turning mechanic that makes you not fly properly in cockpit view because you cant see the whole ship!
    Priority list:

• No. In fact, I would support them getting rid of 1st person entirely.

Its the same now if you just dont use but its cool thts its in there. BUT the thing here is mate, is that players that want to use it can play it in the best way! Atm its just for fun really for a minute and not for longer.
    Priority list:

• I actually prefer 1st POV .... Infact I wish there was a way for heroes to have 1st POV ... A while back I started playing without the hub in H vs V and it's really immersive.
  • How about a weekend of a forced first person only playlist?
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • I much prefer flying and fighting in third person, as it means you can see the shiny character/ship models and can get a much a better view of your surroundings, but I WOULD love it if they did add first person to enforcers, heroes, and so on; something that wouldn't be for everyone, but would still be really awesome for the people who prefer first person and want some first-person bowcaster action.
  • Majike wrote: »
    I much prefer flying and fighting in third person, as it means you can see the shiny character/ship models and can get a much a better view of your surroundings, but I WOULD love it if they did add first person to enforcers, heroes, and so on; something that wouldn't be for everyone, but would still be really awesome for the people who prefer first person and want some first-person bowcaster action.

This, except Ewok Hunt. I prefer 3rd person, but the first person view point really adds to the atmosphere (but given the choice, I would pick 3rd person).

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • No. There’s plenty of FPS out there. Leave this one alone.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    No. In fact, I would support them getting rid of 1st person entirely.

Getting rid of a mode that does not affect you (or anyone in the game) in any way but that some ppl like to use; just because u dont like it.

Can you see the absurdity of your statement?

First person needs to go. Change my mind.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • No. In fact, I would support them getting rid of 1st person entirely.

I wouldn't complain :D
  • How about a weekend of a forced first person only playlist?

No thanks
  • Dash
    11476 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I’m starting to realize there’s a very confused group of gamers this generation that buys one game, in hopes it plays identically to another..... :neutral:

Games are made differently for a reason (Variety/Selection). We have choices people, make one. And definitely don’t request that one game be made like another, it’s a waste of your time, and those reading.

Want an example of that kind of request being taken seriously/answered!? Look at BFV, it’s Battlefield, mixed with COD & Fortnite inside a blender with a drop of failure for good measure. “WWII Historically Accurate” :lol: . Tell that to the Robotic limbed Blue facepaint mohawk cyber Amazon justice warriors ! :lol:

Be careful what you wish for. :neutral:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Alex64
    5620 posts Member
    lcz24q33cgnc.jpg
    This is remake from the original Battlefront series from 2004 and 2005, in fact both games receive first and third person persectives, so, in order to mantain immersion everyone must accept both perspectives, period.
  • bfloo
    14035 posts Member
    The op is right, this game does discourage first person with some things forcing 3rd person.

I only use 3rd in this game because going back and forth throws off my aim, which can be lacking at times as it is.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• 1st person is mostly a gimmick in this game. It's by default at a disadvantage, and heroes, reinforcements and ground vehicles force you back to 3rd anyway, so unless you're playing a trooper only mode (and not using reinforcements) you don't get to utilize it much as is.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • I really like First person play, it looks cool and has that extra immersion.

But on the other hand when you play like this online where mostly everyone plays 3rd person you are in a disadvantage overall. And because of this I go for 3rd person which I also like, but I think First person needs more attention.

And an important things is, not everything is able in First person view. And this also make most players play always 3rd person. As a Heavy when you pop the shield the view is switching back and forth to 3rd person to give an example.

Do we like and wnat more First Person? I do, so can we make mode or option (when you have custom/renting servers) to be First Person only.

Most importantly is that in all cases all players play in First Person in a game so that its equal. I would love this.

I don't play first person, but I guess it would be cool.
  • I only ever play in first person for my infantry classes and vehicles. I love the immersion and the feeling that I am my soldier on the ground or in the cockpit of my fighter or bomber, present at the battle taking place. I see what they see.
  • 3rd person is the reason I like this game over other shooters like battlefield and cod (and star wars of course). but the thing is 1st person view in this game isnt great anyway. usually one of the cool things with first person view is enhanced gunplay. you get more focus on the customization, appearance, feel, reloading mechanic and sound of your gun. but in this game the guns are not that enjoyable. 1st person doesnt really enhance them and only gives greater focus to how bland they feel. I liked it in bf2015 and did use first person sometimes in less competitive games to enjoy my favorite weapons more. but they should always leave it as an option not mandatory mode. improve feel of guns first and that will help I think. its still not something anyone will use but could be better than it is. I'd use it more occasionally if it felt better, but would rather have them spending time and resources on fixing bugs than doing this

Getting rid of a mode that does not affect you (or anyone in the game) in any way but that some ppl like to use; just because u dont like it.

I dont need to. What u say is non sense. First person view does not affect at all your game play or gaming experience, and it is a feature that some people enjoy. So, basically, u want it gone from the game for no reason (besides the fact u dont like it). Most absurd thing ive seen in this forum in a long time.

its the same, for example, an absurd one, if someone dont like u and want you out of the game.

;)
    Liz4rD wrote: »

I dont need to. What u say is non sense. First person view does not affect at all your game play or gaming experience, and it is a feature that some people enjoy. So, basically, u want it gone from the game for no reason (besides the fact u dont like it). Most absurd thing ive seen in this forum in a long time.

its the same, for example, an absurd one, if someone dont like u and want you out of the game.

;)

If they made Battlefront 3P only we wouldn’t have people whining about being at a disadvantage while playing 1P. FOV would have been closer to BF15, which many of us preferred.

I don’t actually care if 1P is a feature in Battlefront, but calling for a 1P only mode or designing gameplay around 1P is something that I’m just not on board with.

Battlefront is largely a 3rd person shooter and in my opinion should be kept as such.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • also I'd think if they made a mode like this, 1st person only allowed it should be available as private match option. get a group together and set the parameters if you want 1p only you could do it that way. I think the following in general will be low so matchmaking would be difficult
  • To the op, no, no we don't want more 1st person, at least I don’t, not with battlefront games.

;)

If they made Battlefront 3P only we wouldn’t have people whining about being at a disadvantage while playing 1P. FOV would have been closer to BF15, which many of us preferred.

I don’t actually care if 1P is a feature in Battlefront, but calling for a 1P only mode or designing gameplay around 1P is something that I’m just not on board with.

Battlefront is largely a 3rd person shooter and in my opinion should be kept as such.

THIS!

The FOV was reduced because of first-person players complaining.
  • quenaelin
    722 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes, we need more firstperson views which are working, StarFighter Assault 1st person view is too bugged, I often get flashing cockpit graphics when using it. I use firstperson view sometimes as a trooper and heroes need firstperson view also, it would be fun in arcade mode, I could use it also in multiplayer sometimes. I don't like to force all to use it, make it optional only, but make it for all units including heroes.
  • Dash wrote: »
    I’m starting to realize there’s a very confused group of gamers this generation that buys one game, in hopes it plays identically to another..... :neutral:

Games are made differently for a reason (Variety/Selection). We have choices people, make one. And definitely don’t request that one game be made like another, it’s a waste of your time, and those reading.

Want an example of that kind of request being taken seriously/answered!? Look at BFV, it’s Battlefield, mixed with COD & Fortnite inside a blender with a drop of failure for good measure. “WWII Historically Accurate” :lol: . Tell that to the Robotic limbed Blue facepaint mohawk cyber Amazon justice warriors ! :lol:

I get what your saying, but I don't think your quite right. People buy Battlefront with absolutely no idea what kind of game it's going to be, just look at all the different iterations there have been since the series launched. It's not really surprising that people long for different versions. Because the title means vastly different games to different people.
    Also Star Wars is more than just a game franchise, it's movies, books, comics, TV shows etc so this games fan base is going to be diverse as it is, as the main draw of Battlefront isn't it's ever changing game mechanics, it's the fact that it's the only Star Wars game out there.
    I'm surprised you don't like BFV, I haven't played a game so amazing since BF2015, I wish BF2 could be made even half as good.
    Each to their own opinion though, just my 2 cents.
  • I really like First person play, it looks cool and has that extra immersion.

It would be awesome for custom servers (custom servers are a great idea) but for the Pub games I prefer the 3rd person.
  • Dash
    11476 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Dash wrote: »

I get what your saying, but I don't think your quite right. People buy Battlefront with absolutely no idea what kind of game it's going to be, just look at all the different iterations there have been since the series launched. It's not really surprising that people long for different versions. Because the title means vastly different games to different people.
    Also Star Wars is more than just a game franchise, it's movies, books, comics, TV shows etc so this games fan base is going to be diverse as it is, as the main draw of Battlefront isn't it's ever changing game mechanics, it's the fact that it's the only Star Wars game out there.
    I'm surprised you don't like BFV, I haven't played a game so amazing since BF2015, I wish BF2 could be made even half as good.

I know what you mean, and I definitely know what I’m saying too.

I’ve played every iteration of Battlefront. It’s been my favorite FPS Franchise since childhood. And I’ve played CS, Doom, Quake, UT, Battlefield 1942/Desert Combat and on, Call of Duty and on.

With that said, even as a young teenager/young adult, I knew what FPS type I was buying beforehand. Not just from advertisement/commercials, but also because I always tested games beforehand. :wink:

Each franchise has enough history to be known for its Niche.

Battlefield = FPS, 1st person, Grand-scale/Large Combat theater, Vehicle Combat, War simulator. (No longer historically accurate and trying to be something it’s not).

Call of Duty = FPS, 1st person, Small-scale, quick action combat, Skirmishes & small game modes, kill-streaks. (No longer focused on the fun, just focused on Shoveling out the next iteration soon as the current one launches. Rinse and repeat).

Battlefront = FPS, 3rd person with (1st person optional even though you’ll be at a disadvantage), Large & Small scale battles, Vehicles, Film Cinematics, Iconic feel and battles from our childhoods/adulthood, Heroes, Villains, locations from the films, some battles from the stories, others from newer story entries.

Each FPS Franchise has its thing. I always look at their history and my personal experience with each of them growing up. To me, I simply enjoy Battlefront more as a whole because it satisfies my personal check list:

FPS? ✔️

Star Wars? ✔️
    Heroes & Villains I love and can play? ✔️

Ships & Vehicles I love and can play? ✔️

Locations I always wished I could go to and feel like I was there? ✔️

Save the Galaxy? ✔️

Rule the Galaxy? ✔️

So I get it, trust me I get it. This generation however does Not get it. Every game needs to remain different and not become a copy of everything else. That would be boring and dumb.

Just my two cents.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

;)

I wouldn't mind a 1p only mode for strike and extraction. It would give those modes more depth and wouldn't just be camp corners.

Frankly, what makes Ewok hunt more fun is the first person perspective.

;)

Im not saying anything about making an only 1st person gaming mode.

And you can change FOV via in game settings.

;)

Im not saying anything about making an only 1st person gaming mode.

And you can change FOV via in game settings.

Only on PC. The majority of players use a console.
  • I would love DICE to put the additional 20% BP bonus for those who play the first person, it would be a real bonus and a real reward for those who have a disadvantage vis-à-vis the players in the third person. It's even harder to aim for the first person than DICE promised.

;)

This might seem like a stretch but it does affect my experience when my team uses it and they limit their FOV against a team of third person players who are slaughtering them. When half my team is dead because they are incompetent, that usually means that we lose the match and it's hard to play objectives with half a working team. BUT, I don't think first person should be taken out of the game. It's a nice addition for the people that want to use it and feel more immersed.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • bfloo
    14035 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »

;)

This might seem like a stretch but it does affect my experience when my team uses it and they limit their FOV against a team of third person players who are slaughtering them. When half my team is dead because they are incompetent, that usually means that we lose the match and it's hard to play objectives with half a working team. BUT, I don't think first person should be taken out of the game. It's a nice addition for the people that want to use it and feel more immersed.

How do you know which view your team is using?

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo
    14035 posts Member

I’ve played every iteration of Battlefront. It’s been my favorite FPS Franchise since childhood. And I’ve played CS, Doom, Quake, UT, Battlefield 1942/Desert Combat and on, Call of Duty and on.

With that said, even as a young teenager/young adult, I knew what FPS type I was buying beforehand. Not just from advertisement/commercials, but also because I always tested games beforehand. :wink:

Battlefield = FPS, 1st person, Grand-scale/Large Combat theater, Vehicle Combat, War simulator. (No longer historically accurate and trying to be something it’s not).

Call of Duty = FPS, 1st person, Small-scale, quick action combat, Skirmishes & small game modes, kill-streaks. (No longer focused on the fun, just focused on Shoveling out the next iteration soon as the current one launches. Rinse and repeat).

Battlefront = FPS, 3rd person with (1st person optional even though you’ll be at a disadvantage), Large & Small scale battles, Vehicles, Film Cinematics, Iconic feel and battles from our childhoods/adulthood, Heroes, Villains, locations from the films, some battles from the stories, others from newer story entries.

Each FPS Franchise has its thing. I always look at their history and my personal experience with each of them growing up. To me, I simply enjoy Battlefront more as a whole because it satisfies my personal check list:

FPS? ✔️

Star Wars? ✔️

Save the Galaxy? ✔️

Rule the Galaxy? ✔️

So I get it, trust me I get it. This generation however does Not get it. Every game needs to remain different and not become a copy of everything else. That would be boring and dumb.

Just my two cents.

You play to enjoy the game, look at how many people on forums for any game complain they have nothing to do once they reach max level and grind through progression.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

;)

I don't, of course. It was hyperbole and complaining about bad teammates. But, when you approach a few (enemy) players from the side and they don't seem to see you... It's probably somebody playing first person view (or somebody with a huge lack of spatial awareness).
  • bfloo
    14035 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

;)

I don't, of course. It was hyperbole and complaining about bad teammates. But, when you approach a few (enemy) players from the side and they don't seem to see you... It's probably somebody playing first person view (or somebody with a huge lack of spatial awareness).

I always had a problem with people off to the sides of the screen until I went back to a smaller screen to play on.

h846398gb27k.png

;)

I always had a problem with people off to the sides of the screen until I went back to a smaller screen to play on.

Yeah, everybody is different and assumptions are bad. But, I have seen some weird movements or lack of them from most likely new players that seem to be caused by using first person view. For instance, peeking through corners with your body because you can't abuse the 3rd person camera to do that. There is a huge advantage on using the 3rd person view.
  • bfloo
    14035 posts Member

;)

Yeah, everybody is different and assumptions are bad. But, I have seen some weird movements or lack of them from most likely new players that seem to be caused by using first person view. For instance, peeking through corners with your body because you can't abuse the 3rd person camera to do that. There is a huge advantage on using the 3rd person view.

If I had a dollar for every dumb thing I've seen a team mate do in a mp game I'd make Bill Gates look poor.

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Not really bothered, as long as it doesn't affect me. I play 3rd person, which was what I played in the original Battlefronts. I like that its fairly unique as a shooter in that it is in 3rd person.

If a 1st person playlist was separate then fine, go for it. If it was forced on everyone, I would say no.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • bfloo
    14035 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Not really bothered, as long as it doesn't affect me. I play 3rd person, which was what I played in the original Battlefronts. I like that its fairly unique as a shooter in that it is in 3rd person.

If a 1st person playlist was separate then fine, go for it. If it was forced on everyone, I would say no.

This is one of the many things that would be solved by custom or private matches.

h846398gb27k.png

• Dash
    11476 posts Member

FPS? ✔️

Star Wars? ✔️

Save the Galaxy? ✔️

Rule the Galaxy? ✔️

Just my two cents.

You play to enjoy the game, look at how many people on forums for any game complain they have nothing to do once they reach max level and grind through progression.

Truth.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

FPS? ✔️

Star Wars? ✔️

Save the Galaxy? ✔️

Rule the Galaxy? ✔️

Just my two cents.

I joined in May so I still have some ways to go on that.