criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Focused Feedback: Arcade

Prev1345
F8RGE
444 posts EA Community Manager
We're back for another Focused Feedback thread, and this time around the topic of discussion is...Arcade. We know this is a topic that a portion of the community is very passionate about, so looking forward to seeing everyone's thoughts in one place.

As always, we want to hear the good and the bad.
  • What do you like about Arcade?
  • What don't you like about Arcade?
  • What would you like to see added to Arcade in the future?
  • Any other feedback you'd like to share.

Look forward to reading what's on your mind.

Replies

• Eat_da_PuePue
    298 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I like the idea/potential for arcade, but rarely play it due to it's lack of variety when it comes to play modes. I would like to see large scale modes (GA, SFA, Hybrid Conquest when released) with bots added as options to custom arcade.
    It could also use a skin change option so we can use all the skins available in the game in any of the applicable modes.
  • When I play arcade it's to earn credits however many it gives. There is some bug when I play that if I select hero's only the first round will let me play through. Then when I select to play again it doesn't let me select anything and I'm stuck with the assault class every time after. I've stopped playing because of it. Don't know if it's already been fixed or not. All around arcade is what it is and if I was more creative I would share ideas. Thanks for a wonderful game
  • Arcade is useless to me and other top shelf gamers
  • Good- everything is unlocked and available, and the settings have good variety.
    Bad- small maps, too few bots and no objectives to play for.
    Add- G A maps, more bots, vehicles too, and objectives.
    Other- this focus on arcade is long overdue, the offline game is very important and is becoming the weakest part of the game. add battlefront 1 maps, thanks to all of you for the effort, it's is appreciated
  • It would be cool if we can choose the era of a map (like play on Naboo with the First Order or play on Tatooine with the Clones).
  • DjSonic55
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    When I have General Grevous battle damaged selected, and I play with another player which chooses General Grevous the outfit is not the one I selected. Same with Emotes and Starcards that are all emty for player 2. Can you please fix this. Make the Guest (player 2) have emotes and outfits from my account.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    2783 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Arcade should be able to be played online with friends, both coop and versus.

Also, the other modes should be playable in arcade(GA, Conquest, Strike, etc.).
  • I personally think you could add some of the other modes to arcade like Blast and strike, but also Skirmish and Galactic assault. And having ai preform complex tasks which is why they said they couldn't put GA in is perfectly functional in BF2015. Also maybe night on endor in arcade, people could enjoy a 2 player experience in hunt mode and just have fun. Quick side note make take the Wookies off of endor and replace them with the Ewoks for the reinforcement, if only just for a weekend to test the waters. You would have to Nerf the wisty pouch but it could help you experiment on the usefulness of non hero meele characters. Also I have been screaming this from the mountains ever since this game started but make a Podracing mode, they could function similar to the ski speeder and it could be a limited time game mode. You could have it so people could customize their pod, and they could buy pod parts(that wouldn't affect gameplay) in crates! And there are so many locations you could add with it, and I'm sure people would love it. Also this doesn't have to do with arcade but the selection screen on HVV and Hero showdown is buggy, the redical won't move when you're picking heroes. The character models will switch but the little white square around their icon stays still. Fix plz?
  • Togafish wrote: »
    When I play arcade it's to earn credits however many it gives. There is some bug when I play that if I select hero's only the first round will let me play through. Then when I select to play again it doesn't let me select anything and I'm stuck with the assault class every time after. I've stopped playing because of it. Don't know if it's already been fixed or not. All around arcade is what it is and if I was more creative I would share ideas. Thanks for a wonderful game

That was fixed in the Grievous update.
  • Pros: all heroes available, everything unlocked for practice. Earning credits offline is great as well.

Cons: Not enough game modes, the ability to play offline is refreshing between matches, but there’s not enough content to make you want to keeep playing, especially with a friend. (I know multiplayer has always been the focus, but it would be a welcome addition to add more modes for couch versus or co-op)

AI would benefit from some reworking, perhaps making it more aggressive and effective. (Easier said than done I know)

Suggestions for the future:
    More objective based modes like in the original battlefront, with the larger maps
    Maybe add the survival mode back?
    Ewolk hunt would be awesome offline
    Heroes spawn on enemy side (difficult to program the AI, but it would be amazing)
    Offline heroes modes, maybe 1v1 duels with the AI?
    Anything involving heroes offline would be awesome, I played the og battlefront 2 just for the assault mode for heroes vs villains, I’d love that to be a thing in the current iteration with the frostbite engine!

Re-add the ability to use arcade with a friend ONLINE. The pc version lacks the co-op feature so if that’s never added in, add the ability to play against bots with a friend online like in the first EA battlefront.
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    Coop and vs being available online would help, we need a way to 1v1.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I would most like the ability to play 1v1, specifically Heroes 1v1 against a friend online in arcade.
  • CrashBandicoot35
    52 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Sorry for double post

-4 players Split Screen

-More maps bridges of Kamino...
  • What would you like to see added to Arcade in the future?

Conquest

This ^^

Conquest (after gets released) in Arcade mode would make more fun.
  • Ai Hero's on Arcade to team with and play against, nuff said
  • VoiDepth
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I think Arcade boundaries could be removed on the maps for example on the Naboo Hanger. Would also be nice to see the new mode in Arcade as well as Hero AI. I remember something being said about Hero AI being to difficult to make, but it doesn't need to be complex or anywhere near an actual players level. As they attack I wouldn't have a problem.

Also would be cool to see co-op for pc or a versus mode, whether it's offline or online I don't really have a preference. Would prefer online though so I could duel friends. Not sure if this classifies as an arcade mode !

Class specific races on some planets would be nice as well, for example Wookies on Kashyk when your playing, but not with the health of multiplayer wookies.

Ai to use more abilities with an increase on the amount of AI we can have in Arcade (especially for PC).

The ability for AI to run, not sure why they can't right now ?

The ability to create a playlist with maps or have a mini game where you have to conquer each map like in the classic battlefront, and you could earn a credit bonus for going through the playlist and conquering the galaxy.

Other then these things I think it's pretty good ! Never encounter any problems, just feel like some small and big stuff could be added to help the mode.

Also would like something creative that adds to the longevity of the game, although im not sure what haha

Post edited by VoiDepth on
  • Offline GA would be great!
  • Starfighter Assault in arcade would be pretty good:)

- Thrux
  • Would like to get som kind of co-op/story missions - that would be awsome! And some kind of HvV local and offline; so you could enjoy it with a friend in couch mode.

More maps?
  • Offline GA should definitely be added to offline arcade. As many above have stated, arcade can get old fast.

In offline SA, there are not nearly enough combatants. It’s impossible to find people to kill, which make an offline practice with hero ships not practical.
  • As much as possible honestly as I love arcade. I enjoy what there is and love how much customization there is for things like cooldowns and intensity, so i think that was nailed. I would really like more small maps, rather than one piece of each large map maybe have several. So Naboo wouldn't just have the throne room but another small map with the city for example. That way it's easier to enjoy more areas of the maps that currently are only available in GA. Also some type of objective based mode, like Conquest when it is released. I love arcade because it's the only way some of my friends can play it who don't have a current gen system and split screen is a lot of fun. However only playing Blast basically does get old as much as i enjoy it, so I would love to have an objective based mode for friends to play split screen. So 1) more areas of maps and 2) an objective mode. Otherwise it has great potential and hope more is added
  • I would love a similar version to skirmish in battlefront 2015. Would be much appreciated!
  • Maybe adding private games. But that's another thing..
  • Arcade Strike would be great, although I know it’s doubtful it would happen.
  • There needs to be an option to toggle map size. Some suggestions are:
    Small (what they are now)
    Big (... Bigger)
    GA (full GA map size)
    And full (the entire map, no boundaries)...(maybe some)

There could also be phase 1, 2, 3 and 4 toggles for GA maps, limiting the map to where that specific phase is.

This would be awesome, please consider!