criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Lightsaber Combat needs no changes nor rework.

Forcefull
18 posts Member
edited November 23
Hello dice, hello moderators, hello battlefront 2 community, hello developers.
I am here with an important message in my opinion. I hear a lot of people complaining about lightsaber combat and that it should be reworked. I heard someone say that the heroes lightsaber attacks shouldn't stagger when blocked. I read in other posts people asking for lightsaber clash from battlefront 2015. Please Dice, please Devs don't do this. Please. One of the best things this game has is the lightsaber combat witch is great since launch. Yeah the stamina rework was good and some bugs should be fixed. But we don't need a rework on the Lightsaber Combat. Its more than good. Its awesome. People who complain about it are people who don't have the skill to alternate and correctly time the lightsaber attacks, the blocks, the dodges, the jumps and the use of abilities. Almost all the heroes are pretty balanced by now and shouldn't be messed with. Why ruin something that is already great?? The only hero features that should be changed are the non force users stuns that should be nerfed against other heroes and buffed or stay the same against the battle points free classes. Don't take away the stagger feature of a lightsaber attack when blocked. Thats what gives skill to the lightsaber combat. Otherwise lets just spam lightsaber attacks and thats it. Please Dice, Please Developers don't ruin the already great Lightsaber Combat System. One thing is for 1 or 2 specific characters to have no stagger another one is for all of them to have no stagger.... it would ruin a part of the game in my opinion....
Please dice, this is my favourite game and i have been here since day one. I have been playing it and i play it every single day. I hear a lot of people complaining with lots of things and i don't even agree with most of them. Sometimes you nerfed things that shouldn't be nerfed due to people who lack the skill or effort to improve or get better. Don't make the skillfull players and the ones that grind everyday time to be in vain.... dont repeat your mistakes...
Post edited by Forcefull on

Replies

• Hello fellow dude from the forum.
    While I appreciate what you wrote and explained I honestly disagree with you.
    Have a nice day:)
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    This lightsaber cs is terrible.

We need a way for heavy & light attacks plus to parry.

It is just lt spam right now.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• You forgot the "/s"
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
  • Cadoth
    301 posts Member
    edited November 23
    Both the “over functioning” and the bad functioning of the blocking system at the sametime aren’t really a good thing, I hope this lightsaber combat system will have a huge improvement in the changes they’re going to add in 2019( Ben confirmed it will change)
  • Forcefull wrote: »
    Hello dice, hello moderators, hello battlefront 2 community, hello developers.
    I am here with an important message in my opinion. I hear a lot of people complaining about lightsaber combat and that it should be reworked. I heard someone say that the heroes lightsaber attacks shouldn't stagger when blocked. I read in other posts people asking for lightsaber clash from battlefront 2015. Please Dice, please Devs don't do this. Please. One of the best things this game has is the lightsaber combat witch is great since launch. Yeah the stamina rework was good and some bugs should be fixed. But we don't need a rework on the Lightsaber Combat. Its more than good. Its awesome. People who complain about it are people who don't have the skill to alternate and correctly time the lightsaber attacks, the blocks, the dodges, the jumps and the use of abilities. Almost all the heroes are pretty balanced by now and shouldn't be messed with. Why ruin something that is already great?? The only hero features that should be changed are the non force users stuns that should be nerfed against other heroes and buffed or stay the same against the battle points free classes. Don't take away the stagger feature of a lightsaber attack when blocked. Thats what gives skill to the lightsaber combat. Otherwise lets just spam lightsaber attacks and thats it. Please Dice, Please Developers don't ruin the already great Lightsaber Combat System. One thing is for 1 or 2 specific characters to have no stagger another one is for all of them to have no stagger.... it would ruin a part of the game in my opinion....
    Please dice, this is my favourite game and i have been here since day one. I have been playing it and i play it every single day. I hear a lot of people complaining with lots of things and i don't even agree with most of them. Sometimes you nerfed things that shouldn't be nerfed due to people who lack the skill or effort to improve or get better. Don't make the skillfull players and the ones that grind everyday time to be in vain.... dont repeat your mistakes...

So, you're basically saying that only your opinion matters and everyone else should shut up?
  • Strongly disagree with you but I respect your opinion.

This game is in need of major changes in terms of Lightsaber combat .
  • AbyssWatch3r
    3460 posts Member
    edited November 26
    Skill and the Saber combat in this game cannot be used in the same sentence. The stamina changes to the Heroes were absolutely awful and should be immediately reverted. Stuns are necessary for blaster Heroes because the Roll has been absolutely gutted since launch. Saber combat needs a complete overhaul, its totally unrealistic, looks sloppy, and is downright broken at times. How you can call it even remotely balanced is beyond me, especially when almost half of the saber users already ignore stagger.

2/10 man. Try again.
    Post edited by AbyssWatch3r on
  • Disagree with this, it could use some changes, more skill based instead of group spamming
  • bfloo wrote: »
    This lightsaber cs is terrible.

We need a way for heavy & light attacks plus to parry.

It is just lt spam right now.

I agree with this comment. That's no lightsaber combats, that's just lightsaber spamming.
    And it is even worse in HvV, if 2-3 lightsaber foes beating you up. No real chance for parry anymore.

I don't really now what in BF1 clash means, but if it is what I am thinking of, than it's really awful. But I guess no one would like to see this in lightsaber combats.

But before messing everything up with changes, they should concentrate on fixing bugs.
  • I do not think my opinion matters more than everyone elses no but i do think a lot of people speak in this community out of lack of effort to improve their skill and want things easier for them to compete with players like me, who grind hours and hours per day to become good and we will basically be told that we wasted our times by becoming good in a system that will be broken if they remove stagger. What i think is if the only change that dice is going to make is to take away stagger off it will unbalance the lightsaber combat. The lightsaber combat has its problems when facing multiple enemies specially due to bugs and to stun lock but on a 1 vs 1 or even 1 vs 2 the one who times blocks, attacks, use of abilities, dodges, jumps and the use of stamina better wins. Wich means there is a skill cap to it. And you are skiled when you block at the right moments and attack and use abilities at the right moment wich is usually right after you parry a lightsaber attack or abilitie and your enemy is staggered or wide open. If they remove that the first player to start attacking will have all the advantage just like grievous has.... if you are worried about no skill or attack spaming, removing the stagger will make things worse. What i think is that they should fix all the bugs happening on lightsaber combat specially when facing multiple enemies. After that you will see it will be much better. If after that they and we still think it needs to be changed they need to rework the lightsaber combat, not just remove stagger because that will take skill cap out of lightsaber combat.
    We don't need a clash like battkefront 1 lightsaber combat and that i am sure.
    What is definitely not a skiled ability are stuns like lando's and Chewbaka's that give your opponents time to finish you off without you having the chance to do anything. I am not saying that tgey should remove stuns i think that lightsaber heroes should be able to block stuns as well. If you get caught on one when you have a chance to block it its more skill based than now. And yes the lightsaber combat needs skill. I am not ralking about people who just soam attack or defense. If you face me in the game in a 1 vs 1 with no one else around and you just spam i guarantee you wont even touch my hp and i dont spam attacks nor blocks. If you think the current system is based on spaming than you are not skiled and don't understand how it works... the only character that can just spam attack and win against skilled player is General Grievous. Why?? He doesn't stagger.... and has one of the biggest hp and damage values too...

What i am saying is don't take stagger away because it will unbalance a system wich is already great if you take the time to learn it. I have guides on my channel to help you with that... And if there were less bugs the Lightsaber combat system would be better... if you want to improve and rework the system thats another story...
  • Forcefull
    18 posts Member
    edited December 4
    And i know i said it didn't need rework. And i said that because of all the bugs. What if they rework it into something worse with more bugs and less skill based??