criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why is REY's health on kill card not as effective as the others?

Why does REY only get 60 health back on a Hero kill? Doesn't seem fair considering that the other characters who have Health on Kill cards get 100.
Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
p0glkjvppdfa.png
PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Replies

  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why does REY only get 60 health back on a Hero kill? Doesn't seem fair considering that the other characters who have Health on Kill cards get 100.

    The Important question is if DICE is ever going to even explain this. Or if they will fix it.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • There's only one other person I know of who always capitalizes "Rey" in forum posts
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why does REY only get 60 health back on a Hero kill? Doesn't seem fair considering that the other characters who have Health on Kill cards get 100.

    I think she should get at least 80 health when defeating a hero, 60 is way too low
  • They probably forgot about her card when they introduced new ones. It is not the first oversight when it comes to things that are different than others in the game (like starfighter heros with an extra card).
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why does REY only get 60 health back on a Hero kill? Doesn't seem fair considering that the other characters who have Health on Kill cards get 100.

    The Important question is if DICE is ever going to even explain this. Or if they will fix it.

    It is probably just our fault, just like EoR MM is.
    DICE is too REYcist to let this be corrected.

    Maybe if she was Trandoshan or a wookiee warrior DICE would like her more.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why does REY only get 60 health back on a Hero kill? Doesn't seem fair considering that the other characters who have Health on Kill cards get 100.

    It isn’t fair. I have wondered about this from the beginning. Everyone else gets 100. This should be easy to fix.
  • Yes try to fix this, and then accidentally create a bug that makes Rey immortal after one kill.
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I've removed 6 or 7 posts from this thread. This thread is in no way, shape, or form about if Rey is or isn't a Mary Sue trope. That's irrelevant here and isn't a discussion to be had on these forums. Let's stay focused on the topic at hand, thanks.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why does REY only get 60 health back on a Hero kill? Doesn't seem fair considering that the other characters who have Health on Kill cards get 100.

    How dare you suggest a REY buff! She needs every nerf possible.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why does REY only get 60 health back on a Hero kill? Doesn't seem fair considering that the other characters who have Health on Kill cards get 100.

    How dare you suggest a REY buff! She needs every nerf possible.

    Can they nerf her again? I think they ran out of stuff to nerf, I assume that's why they stopped nerfing her.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Because Rey is pretty powerful even without it. Make it higher, and she'd be too powerful.
    I never use the HOK card with her, and I still find her to be one of the deadliest characters.
  • Because Rey is pretty powerful even without it. Make it higher, and she'd be too powerful.
    I never use the HOK card with her, and I still find her to be one of the deadliest characters.

    But Vader is even more powerful than her and he gets 100 health back on a hero kill.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Killing Heroes with Rey...

    dfnepzgxklbx.png

    (Unless you're fighting Maul. She stomps him hard.)
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Killing Heroes with Rey...

    dfnepzgxklbx.png

    (Unless you're fighting Maul. She stomps him hard.)

    Stomps who?
  • Because Rey is pretty powerful even without it. Make it higher, and she'd be too powerful.
    I never use the HOK card with her, and I still find her to be one of the deadliest characters.

    Again Vader gets 100 health back on hero kill while he can do this


    REY doesn't get 100 health back on a hero kill and this is what happens if she tries something similar to that.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Because Rey is pretty powerful even without it. Make it higher, and she'd be too powerful.
    I never use the HOK card with her, and I still find her to be one of the deadliest characters.

    Again Vader gets 100 health back on hero kill while he can do this


    REY doesn't get 100 health back on a hero kill and this is what happens if she tries something similar to that.

    Bad rey player for 1. For 2 I figure it was because she's the least experienced out of everyone
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why does REY only get 60 health back on a Hero kill? Doesn't seem fair considering that the other characters who have Health on Kill cards get 100.

    Agreed. She should get 100 like EVERYONE else
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why does REY only get 60 health back on a Hero kill? Doesn't seem fair considering that the other characters who have Health on Kill cards get 100.

    Agreed. She should get 100 like EVERYONE else

    Iden doesn’t
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Killing Heroes with Rey...

    dfnepzgxklbx.png

    (Unless you're fighting Maul. She stomps him hard.)

    actually she stomps most villains hard do to her absolutely insane damage output.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Because Rey is pretty powerful even without it. Make it higher, and she'd be too powerful.
    I never use the HOK card with her, and I still find her to be one of the deadliest characters.

    But Vader is even more powerful than her and he gets 100 health back on a hero kill.

    Not to mention Grievous that 3 shot heroes from behind and has a claw rush dealing double, triple, or quadruple damage than its supposed to.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Because Rey is pretty powerful even without it. Make it higher, and she'd be too powerful.
    I never use the HOK card with her, and I still find her to be one of the deadliest characters.

    Again Vader gets 100 health back on hero kill while he can do this


    REY doesn't get 100 health back on a hero kill and this is what happens if she tries something similar to that.

    Bad rey player for 1. For 2 I figure it was because she's the least experienced out of everyone

    The question still stands, If Vader can do that and have 100 health back on a hero kill why can't REY who can't do anything remotely like that.
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why does REY only get 60 health back on a Hero kill? Doesn't seem fair considering that the other characters who have Health on Kill cards get 100.

    Agreed. She should get 100 like EVERYONE else

    Iden doesn’t

    Iden doesn't have a health on kill card.
    Clone201 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Because Rey is pretty powerful even without it. Make it higher, and she'd be too powerful.
    I never use the HOK card with her, and I still find her to be one of the deadliest characters.

    But Vader is even more powerful than her and he gets 100 health back on a hero kill.

    Not to mention Grievous that 3 shot heroes from behind and has a claw rush dealing double, triple, or quadruple damage than its supposed to.

    He has more base health too if I'm not mistaken.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why does REY only get 60 health back on a Hero kill? Doesn't seem fair considering that the other characters who have Health on Kill cards get 100.

    How dare you suggest a REY buff! She needs every nerf possible.

    Can they nerf her again? I think they ran out of stuff to nerf, I assume that's why they stopped nerfing her.

    They will never run out of ways to nerf REY.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why does REY only get 60 health back on a Hero kill? Doesn't seem fair considering that the other characters who have Health on Kill cards get 100.

    A better question. Now with all epics having some sort of HoK cards, why not making this default.
    Without a star card an epic get 20 HP back for each non epic kill and 100 HP for one.
    All troopers and Bossk can regenerate their Health complete. So it makes total sense for me to make this default.
  • TiNie wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why does REY only get 60 health back on a Hero kill? Doesn't seem fair considering that the other characters who have Health on Kill cards get 100.

    A better question. Now with all epics having some sort of HoK cards, why not making this default.
    Without a star card an epic get 20 HP back for each non epic kill and 100 HP for one.
    All troopers and Bossk can regenerate their Health complete. So it makes total sense for me to make this default.

    I think it is too late to make it default, took them a year just to get everyone a card.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • hsf_
    1613 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Killing Heroes with Rey...

    dfnepzgxklbx.png

    (Unless you're fighting Maul. She stomps him hard.)

    I accept your challenge as a Maul main.
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Killing Heroes with Rey...

    dfnepzgxklbx.png

    (Unless you're fighting Maul. She stomps him hard.)

    I accept your challenge as a Maul main.

    s9hfqv75jxsn.gif
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Killing Heroes with Rey...

    dfnepzgxklbx.png

    (Unless you're fighting Maul. She stomps him hard.)

    I accept your challenge as a Maul main.

    Just let me know when you've finally put the controller down in frustration.
  • I think she should get 100hp back, but the reasoning behind 60hp is probably because Insight allows Rey to ambush enemies much more easily than any other hero or villain. She can see enemies through walls, and she disappears from the radar, and she has unlimited stamina. Quite an effective combo for a huge early advantage if you wanna kill a villain.

    So yeah, I have no doubts that her ambush potential is the reason why her health gained is lower than most.
  • bfloo
    14061 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    They probably forgot about her card when they introduced new ones. It is not the first oversight when it comes to things that are different than others in the game (like starfighter heros with an extra card).

    This is prob it.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Voter_Colonel
    709 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Because Rey is pretty powerful even without it. Make it higher, and she'd be too powerful.
    I never use the HOK card with her, and I still find her to be one of the deadliest characters.

    Again Vader gets 100 health back on hero kill while he can do this


    REY doesn't get 100 health back on a hero kill and this is what happens if she tries something similar to that.

    I don't think you're grasping the idea that you can't use identical playstyles with Rey and Vader. Or any two characters.
    Vader is significantly slower than Rey. She is extremely agile. Vader may be deadlier if he gets close to you, but he's rubbish at chasing an enemy down. Rey is much more balanced in that respect - her speed allows her to hit when Vader would be left out of range, apart from his saber throw.

    NB Rey is written like this. Not REY.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why does REY only get 60 health back on a Hero kill? Doesn't seem fair considering that the other characters who have Health on Kill cards get 100.

    Her hok card is the best - she gains 60 helath on enforcers too so if you play your radar right you can regain 120 health by killing two unaware enforcers ;) she has the best hok in the game :D

  • Shes no full Jedi and all maybe the thought behind this. But she stuill pretty damn powerful in the game.

    Never had trouble not getting as much HP back. I even think shes a little 2 good atm!
    Priority list:

    1. Fix Split Screen bugs and the rest
    2. Reduce bright Saber glows especially on Yodas head
    3. 41st Scout clone trooper
    4. Max out Arcade maps Combat area
    5. First Person only mode
  • Give her 100 hp HoK please! She got so many nerfs, it's fair she gets 100 hp on kill instead of 60

    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why does REY only get 60 health back on a Hero kill? Doesn't seem fair considering that the other characters who have Health on Kill cards get 100.

    Agreed. She should get 100 like EVERYONE else

    Iden doesn’t

    Iden gets 70 for each enemy hit by the shock droid, which is an ability with a really low cooldown time, that can be lowered even further by a Star Card. It's common place to get at least 2 enemies in the shock, getting 140 hp, which she can constantly regain by using the shock again and again. And the ability can't be used on nothing, it only happens if there's a target in range.

    Iden has the best healing card, followed by palpatine, followed by bossk.
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I think she should get 100hp back, but the reasoning behind 60hp is probably because Insight allows Rey to ambush enemies much more easily than any other hero or villain. She can see enemies through walls, and she disappears from the radar, and she has unlimited stamina. Quite an effective combo for a huge early advantage if you wanna kill a villain.

    So yeah, I have no doubts that her ambush potential is the reason why her health gained is lower than most.

    Now Boba does the same thing, and he gets 100 HoK, so i think it's fair to Rey to get it too.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Give her 100 hp HoK please! She got so many nerfs, it's fair she gets 100 hp on kill instead of 60

    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why does REY only get 60 health back on a Hero kill? Doesn't seem fair considering that the other characters who have Health on Kill cards get 100.

    Agreed. She should get 100 like EVERYONE else

    Iden doesn’t

    Iden gets 70 for each enemy hit by the shock droid, which is an ability with a really low cooldown time, that can be lowered even further by a Star Card. It's common place to get at least 2 enemies in the shock, getting 140 hp, which she can constantly regain by using the shock again and again. And the ability can't be used on nothing, it only happens if there's a target in range.

    Iden has the best healing card, followed by palpatine, followed by bossk.
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    I think she should get 100hp back, but the reasoning behind 60hp is probably because Insight allows Rey to ambush enemies much more easily than any other hero or villain. She can see enemies through walls, and she disappears from the radar, and she has unlimited stamina. Quite an effective combo for a huge early advantage if you wanna kill a villain.

    So yeah, I have no doubts that her ambush potential is the reason why her health gained is lower than most.

    Now Boba does the same thing, and he gets 100 HoK, so i think it's fair to Rey to get it too.

    I think Bossk being able to get all perma health without the need of a card alone make his regen the best.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Clone201
    3563 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Considering how Darth Vader, General Grievous, Boba Fett (skills at his peak), Iden Versio, and Emperor Palpatine, etc, etc, potentially prove more valuable from an offensive point of view in HvV...
    And those of which that also easily dispatch some heroes and best Rey herself.

    I'd say make the correction. 60 to 100 per hero kill please!

    It can be hard to get ambushed by Rey when she always seems to yell out loud when she is near you, plus most maps do not have a lot of flanking routes to take advantage of, so unless you're Boba not in the air, or Iden, Phasma or Bossk with cooldowns yet to be lifted, you're not going down so easily.

    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Because Rey is pretty powerful even without it. Make it higher, and she'd be too powerful.
    I never use the HOK card with her, and I still find her to be one of the deadliest characters.

    Again Vader gets 100 health back on hero kill while he can do this


    REY doesn't get 100 health back on a hero kill and this is what happens if she tries something similar to that.

    I don't think you're grasping the idea that you can't use identical playstyles with Rey and Vader. Or any two characters.
    Vader is significantly slower than Rey. She is extremely agile. Vader may be deadlier if he gets close to you, but he's rubbish at chasing an enemy down. Rey is much more balanced in that respect - her speed allows her to hit when Vader would be left out of range, apart from his saber throw.

    I'm sorry, what?
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Because Rey is pretty powerful even without it. Make it higher, and she'd be too powerful.
    I never use the HOK card with her, and I still find her to be one of the deadliest characters.

    Again Vader gets 100 health back on hero kill while he can do this


    REY doesn't get 100 health back on a hero kill and this is what happens if she tries something similar to that.



    the problem is not REY, as you say, some hero will tend to have a more aggressive gameplay than others, give 100 PV to everyone with the care card is just a solution of ease, he must work and personalize each hero individually.
  • Alex64
    5622 posts Member
    I want a powerful Rey, please buff her
    3gbha82nth0r.jpg
    It's time to obey Rey
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Why does REY only get 60 health back on a Hero kill? Doesn't seem fair considering that the other characters who have Health on Kill cards get 100.
    Completely agree. This disparity is a “balancing” effort that’s existed since launch and is completely obsolete now. Devs, please fix.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!