criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The Road Ahead, Part 1 - December 2018

Scoundrel
241 posts Member
edited November 2018
With the November update upon us I thought it would be fun to take a look at what lies ahead on the roadmap. We are due to receive an official Roadmap for 2019 in December, but as we all know, these road maps are works-in-progress and content can be added to the roster and things can moved around...

So let's start with next month.

December 2018
s9gksg2ecrzv.jpeg

Initially, we were told that this December would see NO UPDATE, but things have changed. We are now being told that December will see a "smaller" update.

Here's what we know:
Originally scheduled for the January, the ObiWan (Clone Wars General) skin has been slotted in for the December update, instead.
xrngsgrmd65k.jpeg

In addition to Obi-Wan, we will likely see a host of minor bug fixes and tweaks—as the January update is when things start to pick up again. Difficult to say which bug fixes, but seeing as how there are a bunch to choose from, we'll get something. Nothing to write home about, but necessary and appreciated at the same time. Besides, we can probably expect some other minor miscellaneous, unannounced updates. But just because we shouldn't expect any major updates, it doesn't mean that we can shouldn't expect anything. But remember...

It's December... The Holiday Season... The Season of Giving, and DICE is in the giving mood.

5jj3975mroxr.jpeg

Something Dennis had said has got me thinking... What could DICE give the playerbase that has been heavily requested, yet would incur minimal work for the team?

ttbq4n64in20.jpeg

SHINIES, BOYS! SHINIES!

It's a simple add. It would make a large part of the playbase very happy. And it would add some more variety to the clones skins. But I don't think DICE will stop there. What else is already in the game in a limited manner? What else have players been requesting, that some have and most don't?

6hqzkl5hbdxd.jpeg

REY AND KYLO's LAST JEDI PREORDER SKINS

I have these skins, but it would be a great gesture for the team at DICE to release these for the General playerbase who don't have them. It's been a year. The pre-order exclusivity window has long been expired. It makes perfect sense, and is another example of a simple content addition that would take minimal effort, but would be much appreciated. It's a smaller update, but it would be a great way to wind down the first year of Star Wars Battlefront II.

Up next, I'm going to take a deep dive into what I think we can expect in the first half of 2019—both what been announced between January -February 2019, but what I think we can expect between March and May 2019.

Until then...

Check out Part 2 (January/February 2019) here:
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/125081/the-road-ahead-part-2-january-february-2019
Post edited by Scoundrel on

Replies

• Minimal work for them i would say import battlefront maps too battlefront2 easy must be surely...
  • Minimal work for them i would say import battlefront maps too battlefront2 easy must be surely...

While I would very much like some imported content, Dice has stated that it’s not as easy as it sounds. If I remember correctly, it was something like: if a map took ten days to create from scratch, importing and remastering would take seven.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Scoundrel wrote: »
    With the November update upon us I thought it would be fun to take a look at what lies ahead on the roadmap. We are due to receive an official Roadmap for 2019 in December, but as we all know, these road maps are works-in-progress and content can be added to the roster and things can moved around...

So let's start with next month.

December 2018
    s9gksg2ecrzv.jpeg

Initially, we were told that this December would see NO UPDATE, but things have changed. We are now being told that December will see a "smaller" update.

Here's what we know:
    Originally scheduled for the January, the ObiWan (Clone Wars General) skin has been slotted in for the December update, instead.
    xrngsgrmd65k.jpeg

In addition to Obi-Wan, we will likely see a host of minor bug fixes and tweaks—as the January update is when things start to pick up again. Difficult to say which bug fixes, but seeing as how there are a bunch to choose from, we'll get something. Nothing to write home about, but necessary and appreciated at the same time. Besides, we can probably expect some other minor miscellaneous, unannounced updates. But just because we shouldn't expect any major updates, it doesn't mean that we can shouldn't expect anything. But remember...

It's December... The Holiday Season... The Season of Giving, and DICE is in the giving mood.

5jj3975mroxr.jpeg

Something Dennis had said has got me thinking... What could DICE give the playerbase that has been heavily requested, yet would incur minimal work for the team?

ttbq4n64in20.jpeg

SHINIES, BOYS! SHINIES!

It's a simple add. It would make a large part of the playbase very happy. And it would add some more variety to the clones skins. But I don't think DICE will stop there. What else is already in the game in a limited manner? What else have players been requesting, that some have and most don't?

6hqzkl5hbdxd.jpeg

REY AND KYLO's LAST JEDI PREORDER SKINS

I have these skins, but it would be a great gesture for the team at DICE to release these for the General playerbase who don't have them. It's been a year. The pre-order exclusivity window has long been expired. It makes perfect sense, and is another example of a simple content addition that would take minimal effort, but would be much appreciated. It's a smaller update, but it would be a great way to wind down the first year of Star Wars Battlefront II.

Up next, I'm going to take a deep dive into what I think we can expect in the first half of 2019—both what been announced between January -February 2019, but what I think we can expect between March and May 2019.

Until then...

That second one would be a nice Christmas gift, maybe they could be available once every Christmas (with the people who got it originally instead getting credits or crystals). Any way that they could return would be nice though (except for something that adds more limited edition content, because that defeats the purpose).

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Oh, also Holiday Special Boba Fett as a skin.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Minimal work for them i would say import battlefront maps too battlefront2 easy must be surely...

While I would very much like some imported content, Dice has stated that it’s not as easy as it sounds. If I remember correctly, it was something like: if a map took ten days to create from scratch, importing and remastering would take seven.

Which is exactly why I don't think it will happen for December. Whatever we get will be already in game items that are quick hits for the team...

That said, I'd love for there to be one such remastered map released in December. If it happened, it would be something small. One of the small scale BF2015 maps for Blast/Arcade would be cool.
  • I like those ideas. Importing maps and heroes and everything would be to much work for a month that wasn't even supposed to have anything. skins and whatever shinies are would be nice, small things that would still hold people over until January.
  • one thing that would be amazing that i doubt they will add but i hope some day they do, imperial royal guards. they had them in BF2015. i think in bf2 the could be available on maps where emperor is active and take the place of death trooper while the emperor is loose. the assets are there from the last game. come on DICE give us something.

Most likely in December we'll see barely anything one obi wan appearance and probably will try to patch some of the new bugs that will surely be included with November update. i expect the bare minimum.
  • More maps
    More maps
    More maps
    More maps
    More maps

Etc etc etc, dont care anymore about heroes, skins, guns, we simply need more differing content that keeps the game fresh, strike needs another 5 or 6 maps, same as blast, SA badly needs about 8 new maps

Give us something different to continually play everyday while we wait for other money making stuff to be implemented
  • A surprise Battlefront 2015-ported map would be great for the season of giving
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • I would take ported bf15 maps over geonosis any day.
  • Best Christmas gift DICE could give us would be ported Extraction maps from BF15 with a few skins sprinkled in. Would love that.

Well, infantry only Cargo would top that.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • We will get very little for two months (end of November to end of January). Their track record speaks for itself.
  • I while back I posted a 10 part series I called "The Road Ahead." I thought I'd go ahead take a look at what I've mapped out and predicted to see what I got right, what I got wrong, and which bits of content I had correct but the timing was off... Obviously, always in motion is the future, but since we're almost in April now and have received some regular updates the timing is good:
    I don't count previously confirmed information. Just my own predictions.

The Road Ahead — Part 1 (December)

What Content I got 100% Correct
    Nothing.

What Content I got Correct but not the Timing.
    SHINIES
    So this didn't happen in December, but we have now received SHINIES as a default skin on all Prequel Era maps, so that I'll take as a win. Okay, a 0.75 out of 1 full point.

What Content I got Wrong
    The Rey and Kylo pre-order skins have not yet been released (and recent rumblings point to legal reasons why they may never be) but we hold out hope. I'll count that as a temporary loss, right now. No point awarded, yet. I won't count it as a zero until it's been officially shot down.

So two pieces of content predicted. One received (wrong timeframe).
    0.75 points out of 2

On to Part 2...