criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Most of the SW universe will aggree more OT content is needed

Prev1345
It’s easily the best content out there. It is what SW made a name on

Replies

• The OT is great, but we need more PT content. OT had a whole game and a half. PT needs some love which it is getting, but OT still heavily outweighs PT content so far.

True
    PT- 4 large maps and 1 small maps
    OT- 5 large maps and 3 small maps
  • hsf_
    1239 posts Member
    edited November 25
    TjPunx wrote: »

Well the first part of your statement is completely subjective. The only character I think is cool from OT is Vader, all the others are meh. PT in my opinion has better content, especially when you consider the size of the battles in PT, the level of power the characters have(Maul, Anakin, Kenobi, Dooku, Palpatine, Yoda etc at their peaks more or less) and the amount of locations that are used.

But you're right, Star Wars made a name for its self based on the OT, that is not an arguable statement at all and I completely agree with you.
  • yep, prequels should be deleted if anything. Rather have moar real Star Wars like Ewok movies and of course

knhnmmecrh66.png

delet Sandikin Crywalker and give us Lumpy instead!
  • The OT is great, but we need more PT content. OT had a whole game and a half. PT needs some love which it is getting, but OT still heavily outweighs PT content so far.

True

These numbers are completely wrong. You do know you can use your fingers to help you count? Right?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • The only PT content I want is from the Ewok Adventure
  • First of all, just to light a fire of backlash, Ewoks suck. There, I said it. Secondly, I think this game has done a very good job of including all of the major OT from the movies already. That being said, Rogue One content definitely needs to be added at some point, and we need more skins for Luke and Leia. More OT maps for starfighter assault are a must as well like Death Star and Scariff shield gate (would probably be included with RO content) would be awesome. As well as the Ben Kenobi skin for Obi Wan and a map of the original Death Star (interior, ground assault). Wow, looking at it written out, that is a lot of content we need.
  • hsf_ wrote: »

Well the first part of your statement is completely subjective. The only character I think is cool from OT is Vader, all the others are meh. PT in my opinion has better content, especially when you consider the size of the battles in PT, the level of power the characters have(Maul, Anakin, Kenobi, Dooku, Palpatine, Yoda etc at their peaks more or less) and the amount of locations that are used.

But you're right, Star Wars made a name for its self based on the OT, that is not an arguable statement at all and I completely agree with you.

True

True

These numbers are completely wrong. You do know you can use your fingers to help you count? Right?

PT- Large scale maps(Kamino, Kashyyyk, Naboo-theed, and genosis)

Small scale- Naboo- theed Hanger

OT- Large scale maps(Death Star 2, Yavin 4, Endor, tatoonie-mos eisely, and Hoth)

Smale scale- Kessel, Tatoonie-jabbas palace and Bespin

I counted correctly unless you didn’t count genosis. I counted genosis because it’s basically coming in a few days so why not. You need to understand what people are counted sometimes because we(some) like to include content that is coming in a few days but yeah with genosis that will make 4 large and 1 small maps for the PT and 5 large and 3 small maps for the OTs.
  • DarthJ
    5161 posts Member
    Don’t say most because you do not know most.

Neither do you.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ
    5161 posts Member
    But yeah I think we need more from all eras
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    We need more OT content
    We need bugs fixed first.
  • Some CW fans think that it is there way or the highway and only THEIR opinions count and everyone else can go jump. It is why I'm becoming viruently anti-CW as the attitude of some is just annoying the heck out of me.

star wars fans in general are toxic besides most of the communitys for the star wars mobile games like galaxy of heroes.
  • bfloo
    12457 posts Member
    Some CW fans think that it is there way or the highway and only THEIR opinions count and everyone else can go jump. It is why I'm becoming viruently anti-CW as the attitude of some is just annoying the heck out of me.

They've been like this since this game was announced to be all eras and managed to alienate even though of us who are casual fans of the PT.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Piscettios wrote: »
    OT sucks, is boring, and unimaginative, we've literally seen it all. Move along.

And other things you say when huffing glue on a Saturday night.
    OT sucks, is boring, and unimaginative, we've literally seen it all. Move along.
    Alex64 wrote: »

Typical behaviour of a Clone Wars fan
    1UHo.gif

Common fans all around, OT and PT, we must ban together to fight a more powerful threat the ST or commonly know as the Disney era. Fans unite, every that George Lucas created was and feels like Star Wars but Disney took the star from Star Wars and knew we simply have wars.
  • DarthJ
    5161 posts Member

I assume you haven’t seen the episode when the clones commit friendly fire thanks to an arrogant general, and then proceed to betray said general and later execute him against orders. Or when Anakin sells Ashoka to sex trade to get inside information. Or the one where one starts order 66 prematurely and everything goes haywire. Or the one where Grevous commits a genocidal holocaust on an entire planet and is shown enjoying himself doing so.

My goodness, it should be bumped up to an 18 rating just for that!
  • Some heroes from battlefront 1 would nice, greedo and nien nunb and then we could have Dengar and maybe admiral ackbar. That would add some good blaster heroes to stop lightsaber spamfest as well
  • Really? Do we really another thread on this?
    Starting to feel like I'm the only person here with a sensible brain who can look at this whole situation objectively and not be blinded by bias or personal preference.
    We need more OT content

jyieil85b40t.jpeg
    p1xvlm360qjc.jpeg

Dude, seriously, stop referencing this poll. It doesn't help the situation at all, it only exacerbates it.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • OT sucks, is boring, and unimaginative, we've literally seen it all. Move along.

It ain’t going anywhere so you better learn to deal with it. This game will finish with more OT than PT content, as it should have.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Really? Do we really another thread on this?

Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • calling the OT unimaginative

ZHGk.gif
  • meshugene89
    2404 posts Member
    edited November 25
    And once some fool with an unhinged comment derails this conversation from having substantive value.
    Have fun punching down, gentlemen and continuing to not address those who are making legitimate points and trying to steer the conversation in a more convivial direction.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • Alex64
    5065 posts Member
    And once some fool with an unhinged comment derails this conversation from having substantive value.
    Have fun punching down, gentlemen and continuing to not address those who are making legitimate points and trying to steer the conversation in a more convivial direction.

Ironic isn't?
    ひとりじゃないから仲間がいるから大丈夫!
  • yep, prequels should be deleted if anything. Rather have moar real Star Wars like Ewok movies and of course

knhnmmecrh66.png

Let go of your hate.

Your opinion may be your opinion, but it is also heinously false and ill-informed.
    Learn some respect.
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Really do not get the disdain for the OT. It literally started it all. You would not have the PT if it didnt exist, or even your precious TCW cartoon kiddies.

There is no disdain for the OT (AbyssWatch3r exlcuded). What people take issue with is the way so many people thumb their nose at anything other than the OT over some misplaced sense that it is the only thing that ever matters as far as Star Wars is concerned. Honest to God, it's easy to see why this is one of the most toxic fandoms when people can't even accept the mere existence of anything other than the original films just because of a few petty issues they have with the newer films and the chosen form of media that the CW was presented in.
    In the past few days I've seen so many people on these forums, who I have come to see as positive members with opinions and views that I agree with, display really ugly, disrespectful, and flat-out ignorant sides to them and I'm honestly appalled that I ever considered them good people. I also find it highly ironic that these people who label the CW series as "childish" like it's an insult, are themselves behaving in very childish manners.
    You all need to learn some respect, not just for each others differing views, but for Star Wars as a whole, not just one small piece of it.

1UHo.gif

No, not at all. This is an outlier with no respect for anything but their own views, and any Star Wars fan worth their salt, especialy fans of the CW, should disavow this kind of disdainful statement as it is not representative of any part of this fandom.
    So, allow me to say: as a fan of Star Wars and the CW TV show, I completely disavow the statement made by AbyssWatch3r.
    Some CW fans think that it is there way or the highway and only THEIR opinions count and everyone else can go jump. It is why I'm becoming viruently anti-CW as the attitude of some is just annoying the heck out of me.

Abrasive as they may be, they give as good as they get from people who view the OT as the only legitimate part of Star Wars. This triablist mentality is really destroying the Star Wars fandom and it's easy to see why it's considered one of the most toxic in all of pop culture.
    Also, the behaviour of some of the most aggressive CW supporters can proablaby be attributed to the all too common problem of marginalisation. When a group of people become marginalised, ridiculed, and otherwise looked down upon, they will eventually rise up to fight back against their discrimination and while some will do so peacefully and sensibly, other will do so violently, such is the level of their anger towards those who have kept them down. CW fans have certainly felt this for way many years, particularly now that so many have entered adulthood.
    To announce yourself as a fan of the CW is to open yourself up to ridicule about liking something that's "for kids", that "isn't proper Star Wars", and has that "SaNdIkIn CrYwAlKeR" character. So now they're letting that anger out in, unfortunately, not very articulate ways in most cases. But then those of us who do make legitimate, objective, articulate points about the depth of possible content from both this show and the PT films are also treated with the same level of disdain and, dare I say, bullying from so-called "true Star Wars fans", even if we present no opinions, just facts.
    It honestly feels like a losing battle because on the one hand you have OT purists who who view everything else as beneath them and unworthy to be included in the Star Wars franchise, and on the other you have CW fans who are tired of being talked down to and ridiculed making angry, frustrated statements that just lead to more ridicule and often make the situation worse.

This is probably going to fall on deaf ears but I feel like I might as well illuminate you a little on why people dislike TCW and there is such a large split between OT purists and TCW fans, as the reasons you've listed aren't correct, but just commonly used attacks by people on TCW. There has always been some dislike for the prequels by older OT fans in the past (But never to the degree it is now.). There were also fans who liked grew up with the prequels and enjoyed them. Although these groups were at odds, a third group known as the "Fandalorians" aka the mandalorian fan base kept a reasonable amount of peace between them. The reason why was quite simple, for a mandalorian fan; their favorite parts of star wars were anchored into the lore and design of both the OT and PT films. Clone troopers were also based around mandalorian inspiration and even followed mandalorian ways due to the fact that they were trained by Mandalorians (not just "bounty hunters as in TCW") according to the current PT lore. When ROTS was released, there were literally phase two clone troopers with mythosaur skulls being sold as action figures even. The "Fandalorians" were also one of the most friendly and open fan groups in SW. They supported a lot of the original PT lore that wasn't well known at the time that TCW came out, including the comics of General Grevious' backstory, expanded universe novels in the PT era, Republic Commando + Clone troopers with personalities, and so on. What most TCW fans don't realize is that TCW's release and development included the second biggest lore purge in the history of Star Wars Fandom. It removed nearly all of the non-movie lore regarding the PT, including novels, comics, and rewrote the lore of two heavily entwined fan groups (Clone Trooper fans and Mandalorian fans) to be totally separate. In the case of Mandalorian lore, TCW also basically spat on fans of the original mandalorian lore by turning a fan favorite warrior faction who encompassed the phrases of "Family is more than blood" (or species) into a group of aryan human only pacifists who lived in spheres in the desert. It further insulted them by throwing small scraps of old mandalorian ways to the "Deathwatch" which essentially turned the old ways into villainous ways (Not to mention most mandalorian fans disliked death watch in general due to them being attributed to killing the true mandalorians in old lore.). The whole fandalorian group shattered, and most deeply hate TCW for what it did to lore, as well as the fact that many rewrites were poor replacements for what could of simply been incorporated into TCW instead. This resulted in a lot of heavy scrutiny on TCW, and most of the Fandalorians moved into the OT fan zone since at least some mandalorian lore still survived there. That hatred has been slowly spreading into other fan groups of the OT period, resulting in the situation you see now with OT purists vs TCW fans.

I don't think this kind of in-fighting is good for the fandom, but to be frank if you want to really understand where these attitudes started to come from, it would be there. And of course, once it was cooling down finally, Disney's lore purge came too and set everyone on fire again. So yea if you want to understand why a lot of people don't like TCW and find their fans to be abrasive, its because in many ways TCW's constant use is kind of like pouring salt in a healing wound for a lot of fans who grew up directly before TCW.
  • bfloo wrote: »

The OT was the most innovative trilogy. Calling it unimaginative is comical.

Look at the special effects, 90% of them were George creating them for the 1st time. Look at the universe he created.

He may be a terrible writer and director, but he was one of the most innovative for his time.

I mean, the first Star Wars film is LITERALLY #13 on the AFI top 100 for these reasons. Let’s move along.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Alex64 wrote: »

Ironic isn't?

I'm not sure you know how irony works.
    My Concepts
  • Alex64
    5065 posts Member

Ironic isn't?

I perfectly know that, i've seen it on every post you made.
    ひとりじゃないから仲間がいるから大丈夫!

Ironic isn't?

Explain.
    My Concepts
  • Alex64
    5065 posts Member

Ironic isn't?

Explain.

It's not necessary since you know how this works, isn't ?
    I'm sure there's a lot of the Original Trilogy that can be added in Battlefront, it's a fact.
    ひとりじゃないから仲間がいるから大丈夫!

Ironic isn't?

Explain.

I'm sure there's a lot of the Original Trilogy that can be added in Battlefront, it's a fact.

Can you explain why the era that has the most content atm is the era that needs more content? because after february OT will continue to be the era with more content in the game.

knhnmmecrh66.png

Let go of your hate.

Your opinion may be your opinion, but it is also heinously false and ill-informed.
    Learn some respect.
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Really do not get the disdain for the OT. It literally started it all. You would not have the PT if it didnt exist, or even your precious TCW cartoon kiddies.

There is no disdain for the OT (AbyssWatch3r exlcuded). What people take issue with is the way so many people thumb their nose at anything other than the OT over some misplaced sense that it is the only thing that ever matters as far as Star Wars is concerned. Honest to God, it's easy to see why this is one of the most toxic fandoms when people can't even accept the mere existence of anything other than the original films just because of a few petty issues they have with the newer films and the chosen form of media that the CW was presented in.
    In the past few days I've seen so many people on these forums, who I have come to see as positive members with opinions and views that I agree with, display really ugly, disrespectful, and flat-out ignorant sides to them and I'm honestly appalled that I ever considered them good people. I also find it highly ironic that these people who label the CW series as "childish" like it's an insult, are themselves behaving in very childish manners.
    You all need to learn some respect, not just for each others differing views, but for Star Wars as a whole, not just one small piece of it.

1UHo.gif

No, not at all. This is an outlier with no respect for anything but their own views, and any Star Wars fan worth their salt, especialy fans of the CW, should disavow this kind of disdainful statement as it is not representative of any part of this fandom.
    So, allow me to say: as a fan of Star Wars and the CW TV show, I completely disavow the statement made by AbyssWatch3r.

Abrasive as they may be, they give as good as they get from people who view the OT as the only legitimate part of Star Wars. This triablist mentality is really destroying the Star Wars fandom and it's easy to see why it's considered one of the most toxic in all of pop culture.
    Also, the behaviour of some of the most aggressive CW supporters can proablaby be attributed to the all too common problem of marginalisation. When a group of people become marginalised, ridiculed, and otherwise looked down upon, they will eventually rise up to fight back against their discrimination and while some will do so peacefully and sensibly, other will do so violently, such is the level of their anger towards those who have kept them down. CW fans have certainly felt this for way many years, particularly now that so many have entered adulthood.
    To announce yourself as a fan of the CW is to open yourself up to ridicule about liking something that's "for kids", that "isn't proper Star Wars", and has that "SaNdIkIn CrYwAlKeR" character. So now they're letting that anger out in, unfortunately, not very articulate ways in most cases. But then those of us who do make legitimate, objective, articulate points about the depth of possible content from both this show and the PT films are also treated with the same level of disdain and, dare I say, bullying from so-called "true Star Wars fans", even if we present no opinions, just facts.
    It honestly feels like a losing battle because on the one hand you have OT purists who who view everything else as beneath them and unworthy to be included in the Star Wars franchise, and on the other you have CW fans who are tired of being talked down to and ridiculed making angry, frustrated statements that just lead to more ridicule and often make the situation worse.

This is probably going to fall on deaf ears but I feel like I might as well illuminate you a little on why people dislike TCW and there is such a large split between OT purists and TCW fans, as the reasons you've listed aren't correct, but just commonly used attacks by people on TCW. There has always been some dislike for the prequels by older OT fans in the past (But never to the degree it is now.). There were also fans who liked grew up with the prequels and enjoyed them. Although these groups were at odds, a third group known as the "Fandalorians" aka the mandalorian fan base kept a reasonable amount of peace between them. The reason why was quite simple, for a mandalorian fan; their favorite parts of star wars were anchored into the lore and design of both the OT and PT films. Clone troopers were also based around mandalorian inspiration and even followed mandalorian ways due to the fact that they were trained by Mandalorians (not just "bounty hunters as in TCW") according to the current PT lore. When ROTS was released, there were literally phase two clone troopers with mythosaur skulls being sold as action figures even. The "Fandalorians" were also one of the most friendly and open fan groups in SW.

They supported a lot of the original PT lore that wasn't well known at the time that TCW came out, including the comics of General Grevious' backstory, expanded universe novels in the PT era, Republic Commando + Clone troopers with personalities, and so on. What most TCW fans don't realize is that TCW's release and development included the second biggest lore purge in the history of Star Wars Fandom. It removed nearly all of the non-movie lore regarding the PT, including novels, comics, and rewrote the lore of two heavily entwined fan groups (Clone Trooper fans and Mandalorian fans) to be totally separate.

In the case of Mandalorian lore, TCW also basically spat on fans of the original mandalorian lore by turning a fan favorite warrior faction who encompassed the phrases of "Family is more than blood" (or species) into a group of aryan human only pacifists who lived in spheres in the desert. It further insulted them by throwing small scraps of old mandalorian ways to the "Deathwatch" which essentially turned the old ways into villainous ways (Not to mention most mandalorian fans disliked death watch in general due to them being attributed to killing the true mandalorians in old lore.).

The whole fandalorian group shattered, and most deeply hate TCW for what it did to lore, as well as the fact that many rewrites were poor replacements for what could of simply been incorporated into TCW instead. This resulted in a lot of heavy scrutiny on TCW, and most of the Fandalorians moved into the OT fan zone since at least some mandalorian lore still survived there. That hatred has been slowly spreading into other fan groups of the OT period, resulting in the situation you see now with OT purists vs TCW fans.

I don't think this kind of in-fighting is good for the fandom, but to be frank if you want to really understand where these attitudes started to come from, it would be there. And of course, once it was cooling down finally, Disney's lore purge came too and set everyone on fire again. So yea if you want to understand why a lot of people don't like TCW and find their fans to be abrasive, its because in many ways TCW's constant use is kind of like pouring salt in a healing wound for a lot of fans who grew up directly before TCW.

fixed
  • Alex64
    5065 posts Member
    Raices wrote: »

Ironic isn't?

Explain.

Can you explain why the era that has the most content atm is the era that needs more content? because after february OT will continue to be the era with more content in the game.

This isn't about which era has the most content, if you come here as a Clone wars fan and tell me that there's a lot of things to add i also could say that there's a lot to add of OT that it wasn't even in the first game, every era deserve content, you need to take a break of CW for a while to receive new content from another eras.
    ひとりじゃないから仲間がいるから大丈夫!
  • Maybe we can finally replace the Wookiee warrior with a different unit, legends has loads of Alliance Special Forces units to choose from it’s just a matter of putting down development time, balancing, putting forth the idea to make it Canon, testing it out, and implementing it.

I’m pretty sure the gamers would be appreciative if the clone commando was added as a replacement enforcer for the Republic, but seeing as that they only got a cameo appearance in the TV series. and that the arc troopers were featured more heavily I think that’s a better chance for them, the (Arcs) to be added instead.
    Still I am imagine development and 3-D rendering must be a hassle for them to work correctly
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

The OT was the most innovative trilogy. Calling it unimaginative is comical.

Look at the special effects, 90% of them were George creating them for the 1st time. Look at the universe he created.

He may be a terrible writer and director, but he was one of the most innovative for his time.

I mean, the first Star Wars film is LITERALLY #13 on the AFI top 100 for these reasons. Let’s move along.

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^
  • TjPunx wrote: »

Agreed.