criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Most of the SW universe will aggree more OT content is needed

Replies

• meshugene89
    2406 posts Member
    edited November 25
    Alex64 wrote: »
    And once some fool with an unhinged comment derails this conversation from having substantive value.
    Have fun punching down, gentlemen and continuing to not address those who are making legitimate points and trying to steer the conversation in a more convivial direction.

Ironic isn't?

I'm not sure you know how irony works.

I perfectly know that, i've seen it on every post you made.

Explain.

It's not necessary since you know how this works, isn't ?
    I'm sure there's a lot of the Original Trilogy that can be added in Battlefront, it's a fact.

You implied that all my previous comments have somehow been ironic and I asked you to explain how they are ironic because I'm unsure if you know what that word means. So you reply by not explaining what you mean and then throw in a non-sequiter about OT content that is entirely unrelated to the substance of what we were talking about.
    Feels like you've kind of made my point for me.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »
    And once some fool with an unhinged comment derails this conversation from having substantive value.
    Have fun punching down, gentlemen and continuing to not address those who are making legitimate points and trying to steer the conversation in a more convivial direction.

Ironic isn't?

Explain.

I'm sure there's a lot of the Original Trilogy that can be added in Battlefront, it's a fact.

Can you explain why the era that has the most content atm is the era that needs more content? because after february OT will continue to be the era with more content in the game.

This isn't about which era has the most content, if you come here as a Clone wars fan and tell me that there's a lot of things to add i also could say that there's a lot to add of OT that it wasn't even in the first game, every era deserve content, you need to take a break of CW for a while to receive new content from another eras.

1. It's easy to say that when your favorite era has already lots of content.
    2. The break should come when both eras(im talking PT, i don't want CW series content) are equally represented in this game.
    3. If any era should receive content after february is the ST(and i don't like it that much).
  • Alex64
    5070 posts Member

Ironic isn't?

Explain.

You implied that all my previous comments have somehow been ironic and I asked you to explain how they are ironic because I'm unsure if you know what that word means. So you reply by not explaining what you mean and then throw in a non-sequiter about OT content that is entirely unrelated to the substance of what we were talking about.

You see now, you also throw a ball full of unrelated things then you tell is the other person doing it, you're funny.
    ひとりじゃないから仲間がいるから大丈夫!

Ironic isn't?

Explain.

You see now, you also throw a ball full of unrelated things then you tell is the other person doing it, you're funny.

As ill informed as the guys is, we can clearly agree on one thing.

Ironic isn't?

Explain.

And you're infuriating.
    You said my comment was ironic, I asked you to explain how. You haven't and I said so. How exactly is that "unrelated" to the overall theme of this inane conversation?
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • bfloo wrote: »
    OT sucks, is boring, and unimaginative, we've literally seen it all. Move along.

The OT was the most innovative trilogy. Calling it unimaginative is comical.

Look at the special effects, 90% of them were George creating them for the 1st time. Look at the universe he created.

He may be a terrible writer and director, but he was one of the most innovative for his time.
    Overly Harsh on Lucas, he wasn't that awful, and OT has very poor rewatch ability. I literally cringe every time I see those poorly choreographed fight scenes. Poor overall soundtrack, and little spotlight on characters we actually give a crap about like boba, ect. 5/10. 9/10 when it first released.

Clone Wars is just more fleshed out with way more arcs to follow. Sorry, but your total **** comics where palpatine suddenly had magical powers to destroy entire capital ships, or the equally stupid abeloth off shoot are totally retconned by disney so what we see in OT and rebels are the only things canon. Sorry, but theres just a void there. Its all boring. Quit thinking for nostalgias sake, its sleep inducing, undeniably so. Don't tell me you liked rogue one's story telling either, it was garbage too.

In the later season of the Clone Wars cartoon the story telling, fight scenes, and background lore was on par with, and at times even more developed that what we ever got with the movies. Sorry, but it's the ugly truth. The content should start there, first and foremost.

The film was made in the 70s. Every film from back then could be considered poor quality if you try to compare to today's modern level of special effects and fight choreography. Here's the thing; it's called progress. Everything progresses forward, sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly, and it can be subjective as to whether certain aspects of progress are good. But these films, particularly the first one, were made in a time where this type of big-budget special effects and computer graphics were stil very much in their infancy. So don't judge the past by modern standards, and certainly don't look down on them just because they're not as clean and polished as current films. That's an incredibly narrow, juvenile way of looking at them.
    Obviously Clone Wars is fleshed out a lot because, well, it's a TV show. TV shows inherently have more room to breath and allow for more stories to be told, more character introduced, and more character development, but thie doesn't give it greater than the very thing that is the reason for the CW TV series existing in the first place. The CW did develop a lot more maturity in later seasons, this is true, but again this is a result of what a TV show can accomplish and isn't really comparative to a 2 hour movie which, by nature, has to condense a lot of story into a short space of time.
    Again, your views are your views, but they're terribly mis-informed and ignorant.

Yes, lets go back to Horses in the 18th century because they're just so much more interesting than the cars we have today. Sorry mate, the OT, especially with the gutting of 90% of its lore, is just that, an artifact of the past. The most we'll get outa that with Disneys bottle neck and Lucas Arts approval crap is maybe Rogue one Content, theres nothing else unless you wan't to wander into the rebels cartoon territory, a total deal breaker for me.

The Devs should Focus on Clone wars content. A clear plurality want this, with just a few die-hards clinging on, almost clearly biased for nostalgias sake.

There are none as blind as those who cannot see.
    Ignorance is truly a blight on humanity, especially when coupled with arrogance.
    My Concepts
    OT sucks, is boring, and unimaginative, we've literally seen it all. Move along.

Look at the special effects, 90% of them were George creating them for the 1st time. Look at the universe he created.

He may be a terrible writer and director, but he was one of the most innovative for his time.
    Overly Harsh on Lucas, he wasn't that awful, and OT has very poor rewatch ability. I literally cringe every time I see those poorly choreographed fight scenes. Poor overall soundtrack, and little spotlight on characters we actually give a crap about like boba, ect. 5/10. 9/10 when it first released.

Clone Wars is just more fleshed out with way more arcs to follow. Sorry, but your total **** comics where palpatine suddenly had magical powers to destroy entire capital ships, or the equally stupid abeloth off shoot are totally retconned by disney so what we see in OT and rebels are the only things canon. Sorry, but theres just a void there. Its all boring. Quit thinking for nostalgias sake, its sleep inducing, undeniably so. Don't tell me you liked rogue one's story telling either, it was garbage too.

In the later season of the Clone Wars cartoon the story telling, fight scenes, and background lore was on par with, and at times even more developed that what we ever got with the movies. Sorry, but it's the ugly truth. The content should start there, first and foremost.

The film was made in the 70s. Every film from back then could be considered poor quality if you try to compare to today's modern level of special effects and fight choreography. Here's the thing; it's called progress. Everything progresses forward, sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly, and it can be subjective as to whether certain aspects of progress are good. But these films, particularly the first one, were made in a time where this type of big-budget special effects and computer graphics were stil very much in their infancy. So don't judge the past by modern standards, and certainly don't look down on them just because they're not as clean and polished as current films. That's an incredibly narrow, juvenile way of looking at them.
    Obviously Clone Wars is fleshed out a lot because, well, it's a TV show. TV shows inherently have more room to breath and allow for more stories to be told, more character introduced, and more character development, but thie doesn't give it greater than the very thing that is the reason for the CW TV series existing in the first place. The CW did develop a lot more maturity in later seasons, this is true, but again this is a result of what a TV show can accomplish and isn't really comparative to a 2 hour movie which, by nature, has to condense a lot of story into a short space of time.
    Again, your views are your views, but they're terribly mis-informed and ignorant.

Yes, lets go back to Horses in the 18th century because they're just so much more interesting than the cars we have today. Sorry mate, the OT, especially with the gutting of 90% of its lore, is just that, an artifact of the past. The most we'll get outa that with Disneys bottle neck and Lucas Arts approval crap is maybe Rogue one Content, theres nothing else unless you wan't to wander into the rebels cartoon territory, a total deal breaker for me.

The Devs should Focus on Clone wars content. A clear plurality want this, with just a few die-hards clinging on, almost clearly biased for nostalgias sake.

There are none as blind as those who cannot see.
    Ignorance is truly a blight on humanity, especially when coupled with arrogance.

An empty platitude with just as much relevance to yourself. Clearly you have nothing else left but bitter relinquishment. It's over. Goodbye Stan.
  • Alex64
    5070 posts Member

Ironic isn't?

Explain.

And you're infuriating.
    You said my comment was ironic, I asked you to explain how. You haven't and I said so. How exactly is that "unrelated" to the overall theme of this inane conversation?

We are here to talk about the importance of OT and you still trying to derail this thread, you're funny, we love star wars we love OT and you're nothing.
    ひとりじゃないから仲間がいるから大丈夫!

Ironic isn't?

Explain.

And you're infuriating.

We are here to talk about the importance of OT and you still trying to derail this thread, you're funny, we love star wars we love OT and you're nothing.

I've been talking about the OT and the importance of being objective when it comes to determining viable content from each era and not being coloured by a personal bias to one era or another in lengthy paragraphs in not 1 but 3 different threads. Maybe you should go back and read a few of them.
    You derailed this by refusing to answer my inquiry into the apparant irony of a previous statement.
    My Concepts
  • Alex64
    5070 posts Member

Ironic isn't?

Explain.

And you're infuriating.

I've been talking about the OT and the importance of being objective when it comes to determining viable content from each era and not being coloured by a personal bias to one era or another in lengthy paragraphs in not 1 but 3 different threads. Maybe you should go back and read a few of them.
    You derailed this by refusing to answer my inquiry into the apparant irony of a previous statement.

You're never objective when post on OT threads, you are biased, your arguments arent valid.
    I ask you to take your biased thoughts out of this thread.
    OT is the most loved era in Star Wars, it's a fact, period.
    ひとりじゃないから仲間がいるから大丈夫!
  • bfloo
    12480 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

I don;t think any of us want rebelz.

Rogue One I enjoyed, it is the best of the 4 dizney warz flicks. Gareth did a great job.

We aren't even saying no pt ever, just give us something different after February, then go back to it. We've had months of poorly done pt now, change it up.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Rogue One I enjoyed, it is the best of the 4 dizney warz flicks. Gareth did a great job.

We aren't even saying no pt ever, just give us something different after February, then go back to it. We've had months of poorly done pt now, change it up.

Couldn't agree more, when february's update comes around, we'll have 7 straight months of nothing but PT content

Would really hurt if the OT got a little love? How selfish can these PT guys be jeez.

Ironic isn't?

Explain.

And you're infuriating.

You're always objective when you post in OT threads, you are balanced, your arguments are valid.
    I ask you to keep your balanced thoughts in this thread.
    OT is one of the most loved eras in Star Wars, it's a fact, period.

Here, I fixed your comment for you.
    You're welcome. B)
    My Concepts

Ironic isn't?

Explain.

And you're infuriating.

You're always objective when you post in OT threads, you are balanced, your arguments are valid.

You're welcome. B)
    As always your last resort, i think i win this argument, bye now.
    ひとりじゃないから仲間がいるから大丈夫!
  • FabioBastos
    398 posts Member
    edited November 25
    The newer players want clone wars, that was the main selling point of this game which is why there feature Naboo at EA play two years earlier. Do you want this game to die or live longer with clone wars and Ot drops in between seasons?

Not only newer players.
    I'm 38. I prefer OT in the movies, but I find PT way better for games.
  • bfloo
    12480 posts Member

Ironic isn't?

Explain.

And you're infuriating.

You're welcome. B)

I hate to break it to you, but the PT was mostly hated, more so than the st so far.
    How tfa is so popular with fans is beyond me, I found it a typical hollywood trash remake. Lets leave TLJ out of this, we know the reception it will get.

The PT at least grew on me, but I don't see Disney giving the st that chance before hopping onto the next project.
    The Darth Jar Jar theory and skipping the AotC love story helped

h846398gb27k.png

Well, I for one wouldn't mind some Rebels content, like The Ghost and Grand Inquistor's TIE Advanced V1 as new hero ships because SA really needs some love. I also wouldn't mind having some more lightsaber wielders for the OT era like Ezra and the Grand Inquisitor as well as Hera and Thrawn as blaster heroes.

However, Rogue One and OT content from the previous game should be top priority post-Anakin content drop then maybe some more PT stuff like Padme, Jango, and maybe Utapau.

Couldn't agree more, when february's update comes around, we'll have 7 straight months of nothing but PT content

Would really hurt if the OT got a little love? How selfish can these PT guys be jeez.

It's wouldn't call it selfishness, more like frustration, the frustration of always being talked down to and treated like scum for liking something more than or equal to the OT. Plus, we haven't "7 straight months of nothing but PT content". The first skins came out in August so it's only been 3, plus we all know why it's been stretched out and we all know that if what caused that hadn't happened, this would've all dropped at once.
    So please, people, let's not take out our anger over what happened with this game and the decisions of EA to move so many developers away from it and on to BFV on the PT/CW era as though it is the villains in this performance. When you really think about it, it's just 4 heroes, 1 planet, and 7 skins. That's not much, and when added to what's already in this game for this era it's still a lot less than what the OT has. If we can all just be patient, stay strong, and learn to get along, then we'll all get through this together.

#StarWarsFTW
    My Concepts
  • bfloo
    12480 posts Member
    Rebelz ruined the Inquisitors, and the dumb copter sabers :( I know it was a kiddie show, but they made Imperials look so inept it is comical the Separatist holdouts didn't take back their part of the galaxy.

Only characters I would want are Kanan and Thrawn, the rest were just generic and showed no growth, except for maybe Kallus, but we have enough traitors in the game.

h846398gb27k.png

Ironic isn't?

Explain.

And you're infuriating.

You're welcome. B)
    As always your last resort, i think i win this argument, bye now.

Did you ever go back and read any of my previous comments in this thread? Or the other two? I think it would serve you well to see how tremendously balanced I've been even if the face of terrible ignorance.

Ironic isn't?

Explain.

And you're infuriating.

You're welcome. B)

I hate to break it to you, but the PT was mostly hated, more so than the st so far.
    How tfa is so popular with fans is beyond me, I found it a typical hollywood trash remake. Lets leave TLJ out of this, we know the reception it will get.

The PT at least grew on me, but I don't see Disney giving the st that chance before hopping onto the next project.
    The Darth Jar Jar theory and skipping the AotC love story helped

I fully acknowledge that the PT was widely disliked among the older generation, but kids who grew up with it didn't know any better, so I don't think we can begrudge them having some nostalgia over it, even if now they see the negative aspects and don't like it as much anymore. But the CW was great for people who may not have necessarily liked the prequels as it helped to give them a greater appreciation for this era (although it doesn't seem to have worked on everyone).
    Take Hello Greedo as an example. He's a fairy prominent YouTuber and was once deeply opposed to the CW show and the PT era, but recently he's started watching the show and it's been great to watch his review videos and hear him talk about the show with such reverence. He's said it himself multiple times that he now appreciates this show and can see its appeal. He's also said that he's grown to really like some of the characters more than he thought he would.
    So the fact is that everyone who has been ripping on the CW the past couple of days could enjoy the CW series, they just have to be open-minded enough to give it a try.
    My Concepts
  • bfloo
    12480 posts Member
    I tried going back and rewatching tcw, it didn't age well at all for me.

It has some good arcs and the Maul season was great. But ~70% I could do without.

I speak very highly of Hondo, Barris, Aurra Sing, and Bo Katan. The rest were either generic or just meh to me.

h846398gb27k.png

• "Poor overall soundtrack"

Lol, man. Its John William's and it is one of the best OST of all times.

really.
  • And from Wiki:

"Following a difficult production, The Empire Strikes Back was released on May 21, 1980. It received mixed reviews from critics initially but has since grown in esteem, becoming the most critically acclaimed chapter in the Star Wars saga; it is now widely regarded as one of the greatest films of all time.The film ranked at #3 on Empire's 2008 list of the 500 greatest movies of all time. It became the highest-grossing film of 1980 and, to date, has earned more than $538 million worldwide from its original run and several re-releases. When adjusted for inflation, it is the second-highest-grossing sequel of all time and the 13th-highest-grossing film in North America. The film was followed by Return of the Jedi, which was released in 1983.

In 2010, the film was selected for preservation in the United States' National Film Registry by the Library of Congress for being "culturally, historically, and aesthetically significant".

none of this will never be achieved by a PT movie.

;)
  • Go play battlefront 2015 if you want OT. We want Clone wars content.
  • Jimmy89 wrote: »
    Go play battlefront 2015 if you want OT. We want Clone wars content.

Persuasive.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Alex64
    5070 posts Member
    Jimmy89 wrote: »

Really? That's how you debate?
    ひとりじゃないから仲間がいるから大丈夫!
    We want Clone wars content.

Sorry. This type of comment is only accepted as a running joke on this forum. And your doing it wrong, there’s no ‘community’ in there.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

Persuasive.

You guys have a whole game and a half and you still want more. Greedy
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    We want Orginal triogly content.

Sorry. This type of comment is only accepted as a running joke on this forum. And your doing it wrong, there’s no ‘community’ in there. Nobody likes want more OT content in the game

Nice joke
  • Alex64
    5070 posts Member

Persuasive.

Someone who want another CW Season Next to the current one call someone else who want To see new eras greedy?
    ひとりじゃないから仲間がいるから大丈夫!
  • The only prequel items that should be included are the Ewok adventures, and the holiday special

Persuasive.

Greedo? Yes please.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    The only prequel items that should be included are the Ewok adventures, and the holiday special

I’d like to add Jar Jar as well, honestly.
    #infantrylivesmatter

Persuasive.

Someone who want another CW Season Next to the current one to even the OT and PT content? fair
    Fixed
  • DarthJ
    5178 posts Member

Persuasive.

So you are doing your usual flip-flopping between sides. Surprised you didnt quote yourself either.

Sounds likethe vocal minority are still sceaming TCW every second
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »

Persuasive.

So you are doing your usual flip-flopping between sides. Surprised you didnt quote yourself either.

So the OT has battlefront 2015 and the majority of the game 2017 and yet they still want more. Sounds unfair to the other eras like PT and ST.

Persuasive.

Also I’m not flipping through sides. The OT is my favorite triogly but in game the PT i like player mode in and plus the fact that a game with all eras have one era the OT which contain more maps then the other two eras combine is sad.by the way for those who can’t count, I’m counting the smaller map like kessel which are consider maps.

Persuasive.

So the OT has battlefront 2015 and the majority of the game 2017 and yet they still want more. Sounds unfair to the other eras like PT and ST.

No-one has said they want more NOW, its more in relation to the fact that every TCW fan is saying that after Anakin we should get Ahsoka, Rex, Cad Bane, Ventress, et al. I think everyone else other than TCW fans agrees that there should be a fair rotation of content i.e. OT next, then PT, then ST, then around again, rather than just pump out tons of PT stuff only until any future games.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
    DarthJ wrote: »

Persuasive.

No-one has said they want more NOW, its more in relation to the fact that every TCW fan is saying that after Anakin we should get Ahsoka, Rex, Cad Bane, Ventress, et al. I think everyone else other than TCW fans agrees that there should be a fair rotation of content i.e. OT next, then PT, then ST, then around again, rather than just pump out tons of PT stuff only until any future games.

I would say that, from what I've seen, these hardcore CW fans are actually just expressing a desire for these characters eventually, not necessarily immediately after the Anakin update. They'd be fine to take an OT update if it means getting some more of the characters and locations from the PT/CW after that.
    My Concepts
  • Really? Do we really another thread on this?
    Starting to feel like I'm the only person here with a sensible brain who can look at this whole situation objectively and not be blinded by bias or personal preference.
    TjPunx wrote: »
    We need more OT content

jyieil85b40t.jpeg
    p1xvlm360qjc.jpeg

Dude, seriously, stop referencing this poll. It doesn't help the situation at all, it only exacerbates it.

That looks like a poll voted on by bots.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Billkwando
    810 posts Member
    edited November 26
    so many people thumb their nose at anything other than the OT over some misplaced sense that it is the only thing that ever matters as far as Star Wars is concerned.

Only because it's true. Everything since has been a cash in/money grab. Making it up as they go along to keep the money train rolling, which is why they can't give the original characters a real central part in the story, as they deserve. Disney is only interested in using them for nostalgia for long enough to kill them off and transition to younger, cheaper actors. Oh, except for Chewbacca, because they can put anybody in a hair suit and pay them the actor equivalent of minimum wage.

Also, the prequels were pretty awful except for some of the action sequences, and the first one was utter garbage.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • I wish i wish i WISH there was a poll option for posts!
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Just before(maybe 5-10 years), to 5-10 after OT should be the only new content
  • DarthLando
    195 posts Member
    edited November 26
    Yeah, why have intricate, choreographed exciting saber fights when you can watch David prowsee & Alec guiness act like arthritis inflected grandpas swinging walking canes in slow motion
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    Yeah, why have intricate, choreographed exciting saber fights when you can watch David prowsee & Alec guiness act like arthritis inflected grandpas swinging walking canes in slow motion

lmao prequel fights are "exciting" in the same way chasing a laser pointer for an hour is probably exciting for a cat.

shoulda been 2 sabers in this game (Luke, Vader) like the last one. Maybe 3 if they added Old Ben. Perfection
  • DarthLando wrote: »

lmao prequel fights are "exciting" in the same way chasing a laser pointer for an hour is probably exciting for a cat.

shoulda been 2 sabers in this game (Luke, Vader) like the last one. Maybe 3 if they added Old Ben. Perfection

*sarcasm detected*
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg