criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Most of the SW universe will aggree more OT content is needed

1246

Replies

  • IMO PT has about the right amount of content for this game
  • As much as I love the PT, OT needs some love as well.

    For example, what if they did GA map on Hoth (stay with me) similar to Geonosis? 4 Walkers on the ground at the same time with a bunch of snowspeeders, and Battle in the Snow blaring in the background.

    Or! Star Wars Rebels content

    Uh lets just go with you plan A
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • The fact that the Geonosis trailer got over 2 million views in a few days says otherwise. Even Disney can see the Prequel era content is red hot right now. They bring back the Clone Wars show they cancelled themselves, and it's trailer also got millions of views in a few days.

    Star Wars HQ addressed this very question in their video that included the poll they did. Their answer is the same as mine...we've already had a FULL GAME of OT era content in 2015 Battlefront. In Battlefront 2, the OT era has the most locations and heroes, and the single player campaign is basically all OT era. More of the same is not going to bring people back to this game.

    As I've said, the prequel era is red hot. From a business sense alone, EA and DICE are going to jump on that. It's their chance to bring people back to this game and give it the life they expected to from the start. And why not? More specifically, why should fans of this game not want new content that could revive this game?

    Besides, I rarely see an actual good idea for content from the OT era. The best I've seen is Scarif from the 2015 game, which I fully expect is coming. I'd be fine with that. If this was 2 years ago, I could see some Rebels content coming instead of prequel content. But it's not. Clone Wars Season 7 is next up, and it's got the fan base in a frenzy of anticipation.

    Trevor Noah gets 1 million views in a day. That doesn't mean eveybody wants to see him with a lightsaber, and it definitely doesn't mean he's more popular than the OT. People like to click on stuff.

    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

    Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Rogue one and the Han Solo movies were total flops, and the ST is gearing up to be even worse.

    00xoazszkuo9.gif


    Your allowed to have your opinions on the OT but I demand to know the criteria for Rogue One being a flop sir!

    I can hate the prequels all I want and still say Rogue One was a fantastic film.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

    Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • I was raised on the OT and saw the PT as an adult.(close enough) Loved em both. I will TOLERATE 7 and 8 on a good day just because its star wars. Rogue one is right up there with OT. Solo was OK only. Clone wars was a great show. Rebels was dumbed down disney garbage and the 5 forced minutes of resistance was the same. Why so terrible? What are they saving the good stories for? Disney you've forced me in to piracy.
  • The problem is the 2015 game was entirely OT content. Between that game and this one, they've tapped out what you can do from the OT movies.

    Porting in maps from the 2015 game would be a huge mistake imo. The only reason Scarif makes any sense is how late that DLC dropped, and it could fit the large scale modes. A ported map or two here and there along side new content is all they should do.

    There are no "instant classic" maps from the 2015 game that would instantly stir up the fan base. Not like Echo Base from the original Pandemic game anyway. With Conquest coming, maybe DICE could look at recreating versions of those old maps like Echo Base in this game.

    The emphasis needs to be new content. Mustafar with Vader's castle...Jedha from Rogue One with Saw's base or part of the city...locations from the single player like Vardos or that planet where they find Palpatine's stash.
  • bfloo
    12480 posts Member
    The problem is the 2015 game was entirely OT content. Between that game and this one, they've tapped out what you can do from the OT movies.

    Porting in maps from the 2015 game would be a huge mistake imo. The only reason Scarif makes any sense is how late that DLC dropped, and it could fit the large scale modes. A ported map or two here and there along side new content is all they should do.

    There are no "instant classic" maps from the 2015 game that would instantly stir up the fan base. Not like Echo Base from the original Pandemic game anyway. With Conquest coming, maybe DICE could look at recreating versions of those old maps like Echo Base in this game.

    The emphasis needs to be new content. Mustafar with Vader's castle...Jedha from Rogue One with Saw's base or part of the city...locations from the single player like Vardos or that planet where they find Palpatine's stash.

    If we are going back to the og, I want the Bespin maps back. The gas platform map was my favorite of all 4, followed by Rhen Var.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    The problem is the 2015 game was entirely OT content. Between that game and this one, they've tapped out what you can do from the OT movies.

    Porting in maps from the 2015 game would be a huge mistake imo. The only reason Scarif makes any sense is how late that DLC dropped, and it could fit the large scale modes. A ported map or two here and there along side new content is all they should do.

    There are no "instant classic" maps from the 2015 game that would instantly stir up the fan base. Not like Echo Base from the original Pandemic game anyway. With Conquest coming, maybe DICE could look at recreating versions of those old maps like Echo Base in this game.

    The emphasis needs to be new content. Mustafar with Vader's castle...Jedha from Rogue One with Saw's base or part of the city...locations from the single player like Vardos or that planet where they find Palpatine's stash.

    If we are going back to the og, I want the Bespin maps back. The gas platform map was my favorite of all 4, followed by Rhen Var.

    Oh yes bespin platforms was glorious. Loved strafing runs in the x wing
  • clone wars is better sorry. OT is boring.
  • Just remember, the OT spawned everything from there on in. Just like Jaws spawned Jaws 3D 😂
  • Saber91 wrote: »
    clone wars is better sorry. OT is boring.

    this-man-does-5bb94c.jpg
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Saber91 wrote: »
    clone wars is better sorry. OT is boring.

    this-man-does-5bb94c.jpg

    actually i do represent the majority. wasnt there a poll here that said 85 percent of peeps here want clone wars over other eras?
  • Saber91 wrote: »
    clone wars is better sorry. OT is boring.

    I just..

    poedlzl09zh8.gif

    all the OT maps are choke point fests or a boring forest level. yavin and endor shouldnt even exist at the same time since theyre basically the same thing.

    when i think of the OT all i think of is a giant forest with some bunkers spread throughout and choke point central deathstar.

    maybe if they made better maps for that era this would change.
  • Saber91 wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    clone wars is better sorry. OT is boring.

    I just..

    poedlzl09zh8.gif

    all the OT maps are choke point fests or a boring forest level. yavin and endor shouldnt even exist at the same time since theyre basically the same thing.

    when i think of the OT all i think of is a giant forest with some bunkers spread throughout and choke point central deathstar.

    maybe if they made better maps for that era this would change.

    In your original comment you said the OT was boring.
    How does the OT map designs correlate to it being boring?


    And if you wanna talk about choke points, have you played Kamino and Naboo?
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Saber91 wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    clone wars is better sorry. OT is boring.

    this-man-does-5bb94c.jpg

    actually i do represent the majority. wasnt there a poll here that said 85 percent of peeps here want clone wars over other eras?

    A Star Wars HQ poll that only polled their viewers who predominantly are CW fans. Therefore this was a poll that was skewed in one direction and not representative of the entire player base. Plus, it only polled about 8000 people and the Battlefront Stats website has logged almost 170,000 players on PC alone, so that poll is a very small sample size.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Saber91 wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    clone wars is better sorry. OT is boring.

    I just..

    poedlzl09zh8.gif

    all the OT maps are choke point fests or a boring forest level. yavin and endor shouldnt even exist at the same time since theyre basically the same thing.

    when i think of the OT all i think of is a giant forest with some bunkers spread throughout and choke point central deathstar.

    maybe if they made better maps for that era this would change.

    It is literally the complete opposite.

    Naboo, Kashyyyk, and Kamino are the most chokepoint maps in the game. Phase 1 of Geonosis is also chokepoints.

    Where on Yavin am I escorting a walker? At what point on Endor do I have to push a button down or place charges? The forest environment is where the similarities of the maps end. On the other hand, Theed and Kashyyyk have the same layout, escort a transport down a narrow path that has 2 areas on the side. Phase 2 on both maps will also never be passed if the defending team is at the very least competent. When I'm defending the droids cannot breach the turbo tank nor can they even get up the stairs at the Theed Palace.

    Theed had to be changed because phase 2 was too hard, it hasn't fixed it.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW


  • Clone Wars content is #1 with me, especially for a video game. Much more diverse in interesting characters and planets.
  • Saber91 wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    clone wars is better sorry. OT is boring.

    this-man-does-5bb94c.jpg

    actually i do represent the majority. wasnt there a poll here that said 85 percent of peeps here want clone wars over other eras?

    That poll is skewed with noob fans
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    Yeah, why have intricate, choreographed exciting saber fights when you can watch David prowsee & Alec guiness act like arthritis inflected grandpas swinging walking canes in slow motion

    The disdain for the OT astounds me. Once again, the PT and the cartoon stuff would not have existed if not for the OT starting it all.

    When did it suddenly become cool to hate the OT? The fanbase for SW gets worse by the day.

    It's not cool, just a bunch of disrespectful people who think it's "edgy" to dislike older things.

    I like it all. Maybe not some of the novels.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    The fact that the Geonosis trailer got over 2 million views in a few days says otherwise. Even Disney can see the Prequel era content is red hot right now. They bring back the Clone Wars show they cancelled themselves, and it's trailer also got millions of views in a few days.

    Star Wars HQ addressed this very question in their video that included the poll they did. Their answer is the same as mine...we've already had a FULL GAME of OT era content in 2015 Battlefront. In Battlefront 2, the OT era has the most locations and heroes, and the single player campaign is basically all OT era. More of the same is not going to bring people back to this game.

    As I've said, the prequel era is red hot. From a business sense alone, EA and DICE are going to jump on that. It's their chance to bring people back to this game and give it the life they expected to from the start. And why not? More specifically, why should fans of this game not want new content that could revive this game?

    Besides, I rarely see an actual good idea for content from the OT era. The best I've seen is Scarif from the 2015 game, which I fully expect is coming. I'd be fine with that. If this was 2 years ago, I could see some Rebels content coming instead of prequel content. But it's not. Clone Wars Season 7 is next up, and it's got the fan base in a frenzy of anticipation.

    Trevor Noah gets 1 million views in a day. That doesn't mean eveybody wants to see him with a lightsaber, and it definitely doesn't mean he's more popular than the OT. People like to click on stuff.


    If that's the best counter you've got, then get ready for a long run of prequel content. lol!!

    Popularity isn't even the issue. Geonosis is getting all kinds of attention because it's NEW CONTENT. It's finally something that shows maybe there's life in this game. They need to keep the momentum rolling which means MORE NEW CONTENT!!

    And which era has the most new content to offer? Prequel era by a long shot. They've already done all the popular heroes and locations from the OT era in two games now.

    I can't think of a faster way to kill any momentum this game has than to load 2019 down with ports from the 2015 game.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    clone wars is better sorry. OT is boring.

    I just..

    poedlzl09zh8.gif

    all the OT maps are choke point fests or a boring forest level. yavin and endor shouldnt even exist at the same time since theyre basically the same thing.

    when i think of the OT all i think of is a giant forest with some bunkers spread throughout and choke point central deathstar.

    maybe if they made better maps for that era this would change.

    It is literally the complete opposite.

    Naboo, Kashyyyk, and Kamino are the most chokepoint maps in the game. Phase 1 of Geonosis is also chokepoints.

    Where on Yavin am I escorting a walker? At what point on Endor do I have to push a button down or place charges? The forest environment is where the similarities of the maps end. On the other hand, Theed and Kashyyyk have the same layout, escort a transport down a narrow path that has 2 areas on the side. Phase 2 on both maps will also never be passed if the defending team is at the very least competent. When I'm defending the droids cannot breach the turbo tank nor can they even get up the stairs at the Theed Palace.

    Theed had to be changed because phase 2 was too hard, it hasn't fixed it.

    While I agree with you... Phase 1 of Endor is literally pushing 3 different buttons and one of them is one of the worst chokepoint areas of the game (the middle one with the 3 entrances from rebels spawn points). It even has a walker phase. With an incompetent team that keeps trying to enter from the middle (with nobody pushing for the other two ones) it's easy to lose on phase 1.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Can we all atleast agree that Vader needs more skins?

    Not really. He had the same look in every film he was in so what we have is fine. There are other hero's needing different skins from different parts of the story way before Vader
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    clone wars is better sorry. OT is boring.

    I just..

    poedlzl09zh8.gif

    all the OT maps are choke point fests or a boring forest level. yavin and endor shouldnt even exist at the same time since theyre basically the same thing.

    when i think of the OT all i think of is a giant forest with some bunkers spread throughout and choke point central deathstar.

    maybe if they made better maps for that era this would change.

    It is literally the complete opposite.

    Naboo, Kashyyyk, and Kamino are the most chokepoint maps in the game. Phase 1 of Geonosis is also chokepoints.

    Where on Yavin am I escorting a walker? At what point on Endor do I have to push a button down or place charges? The forest environment is where the similarities of the maps end. On the other hand, Theed and Kashyyyk have the same layout, escort a transport down a narrow path that has 2 areas on the side. Phase 2 on both maps will also never be passed if the defending team is at the very least competent. When I'm defending the droids cannot breach the turbo tank nor can they even get up the stairs at the Theed Palace.

    Theed had to be changed because phase 2 was too hard, it hasn't fixed it.

    While I agree with you... Phase 1 of Endor is literally pushing 3 different buttons and one of them is one of the worst chokepoint areas of the game (the middle one with the 3 entrances from rebels spawn points). It even has a walker phase. With an incompetent team that keeps trying to enter from the middle (with nobody pushing for the other two ones) it's easy to lose on phase 1.

    Eh, I don't find it too difficult. Assaulting the other 2 objectives first is more effective and dropping in from behind is also a very good way to capture this area while the opposition is busy guarding the front doors.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW


  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    clone wars is better sorry. OT is boring.

    I just..

    poedlzl09zh8.gif

    all the OT maps are choke point fests or a boring forest level. yavin and endor shouldnt even exist at the same time since theyre basically the same thing.

    when i think of the OT all i think of is a giant forest with some bunkers spread throughout and choke point central deathstar.

    maybe if they made better maps for that era this would change.

    It is literally the complete opposite.

    Naboo, Kashyyyk, and Kamino are the most chokepoint maps in the game. Phase 1 of Geonosis is also chokepoints.

    Where on Yavin am I escorting a walker? At what point on Endor do I have to push a button down or place charges? The forest environment is where the similarities of the maps end. On the other hand, Theed and Kashyyyk have the same layout, escort a transport down a narrow path that has 2 areas on the side. Phase 2 on both maps will also never be passed if the defending team is at the very least competent. When I'm defending the droids cannot breach the turbo tank nor can they even get up the stairs at the Theed Palace.

    Theed had to be changed because phase 2 was too hard, it hasn't fixed it.

    While I agree with you... Phase 1 of Endor is literally pushing 3 different buttons and one of them is one of the worst chokepoint areas of the game (the middle one with the 3 entrances from rebels spawn points). It even has a walker phase. With an incompetent team that keeps trying to enter from the middle (with nobody pushing for the other two ones) it's easy to lose on phase 1.

    Eh, I don't find it too difficult. Assaulting the other 2 objectives first is more effective and dropping in from behind is also a very good way to capture this area while the opposition is busy guarding the front doors.

    That's true, but you need a semidecent team. If they are brainless and decide to keep dying trying to claim the middle objective you will probably lose because they will waste most of the tickets, while you are actually doing the work on the other two objectives. I hate it when that happens.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    Saber91 wrote: »
    clone wars is better sorry. OT is boring.

    I just..

    poedlzl09zh8.gif

    all the OT maps are choke point fests or a boring forest level. yavin and endor shouldnt even exist at the same time since theyre basically the same thing.

    when i think of the OT all i think of is a giant forest with some bunkers spread throughout and choke point central deathstar.

    maybe if they made better maps for that era this would change.

    It is literally the complete opposite.

    Naboo, Kashyyyk, and Kamino are the most chokepoint maps in the game. Phase 1 of Geonosis is also chokepoints.

    Where on Yavin am I escorting a walker? At what point on Endor do I have to push a button down or place charges? The forest environment is where the similarities of the maps end. On the other hand, Theed and Kashyyyk have the same layout, escort a transport down a narrow path that has 2 areas on the side. Phase 2 on both maps will also never be passed if the defending team is at the very least competent. When I'm defending the droids cannot breach the turbo tank nor can they even get up the stairs at the Theed Palace.

    Theed had to be changed because phase 2 was too hard, it hasn't fixed it.

    While I agree with you... Phase 1 of Endor is literally pushing 3 different buttons and one of them is one of the worst chokepoint areas of the game (the middle one with the 3 entrances from rebels spawn points). It even has a walker phase. With an incompetent team that keeps trying to enter from the middle (with nobody pushing for the other two ones) it's easy to lose on phase 1.

    Eh, I don't find it too difficult. Assaulting the other 2 objectives first is more effective and dropping in from behind is also a very good way to capture this area while the opposition is busy guarding the front doors.

    That's true, but you need a semidecent team. If they are brainless and decide to keep dying trying to claim the middle objective you will probably lose because they will waste most of the tickets, while you are actually doing the work on the other two objectives. I hate it when that happens.

    I understand that Endor is not a map I consider to be an A-tier map mostly because of how a good team is needed more than on other maps along with WW thermal spam being unbalanced on the final phase. Still a good map but those 2 things hold it back a bit, again not A-tier but B-tier I say.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW


  • Piscettios wrote: »
    budzai wrote: »
    No the OT’s strength lies in its characters and story. But era-wise the PT is the best and most lacking atm. So many cool hero and map choices.

    Actually the PT story is way better and deeper.... That was among the last problems with the PT.

    o42m5msxc5dc.gif

    I am sorry you don't understand it...
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Can we all atleast agree that Vader needs more skins?

    Not really. He had the same look in every film he was in so what we have is fine. There are other hero's needing different skins from different parts of the story way before Vader

    Agree. That would be skins for the sake of skins. Not every hero needs a new skin. Vader, Boba and Phasma are 3 heroes that I don't think need any skins past their default. I would rather see them work on Luke skins and other characters that actually have alternate looks. Or maybe some infantry skins?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Can we all atleast agree that Vader needs more skins?

    Not really. He had the same look in every film he was in so what we have is fine. There are other hero's needing different skins from different parts of the story way before Vader

    Agree. That would be skins for the sake of skins. Not every hero needs a new skin. Vader, Boba and Phasma are 3 heroes that I don't think need any skins past their default. I would rather see them work on Luke skins and other characters that actually have alternate looks. Or maybe some infantry skins?

    And Bossk. He doesn't have any other appearances.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • To be fair, I think the OT only came first because they did not have the means to create the prequel story with what they had at the time
  • The OT is what us real fans kept the franchise going for all these years, so the youngins have BF1,2, ST, PT, etc....
  • To be fair, I think the OT only came first because they did not have the means to create the prequel story with what they had at the time

    This is so ridiculous :D
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • DarkSideUser86
    140 posts Member
    edited December 4
    This whole thread is biased, trolling and attention seeking, at best.. It's nothing more than narcissism towards the Original Trilogy. The Original Trilogy is over-rated as ****! Especially when it had a whole game devoted to it, previously.

    This game was meant to balance out the eras. Not to still suck-up to the Original Trilogy, like they did with the first game. "EA front II" is what "EA front (2015)" should've been, but wasn't. And people who say the Original Trilogy is superior to the Prequels "in every way" are nothing but biased bigots who need to remove the nostalgia goggles and take their heads out of their a**.

    The Prequel Trilogy/Clone Wars deserves far more content, in this game (Other than those that're already confirmed.. Ahsoka, Rex, Jango Fett, Mace Windu.. Mustafar, Utapau, Coruscant. etc.)

    STOP WITH THE ORIGINAL CONTENT PLEAS, ALREADY!!
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    The fact that the Geonosis trailer got over 2 million views in a few days says otherwise. Even Disney can see the Prequel era content is red hot right now. They bring back the Clone Wars show they cancelled themselves, and it's trailer also got millions of views in a few days.

    Star Wars HQ addressed this very question in their video that included the poll they did. Their answer is the same as mine...we've already had a FULL GAME of OT era content in 2015 Battlefront. In Battlefront 2, the OT era has the most locations and heroes, and the single player campaign is basically all OT era. More of the same is not going to bring people back to this game.

    As I've said, the prequel era is red hot. From a business sense alone, EA and DICE are going to jump on that. It's their chance to bring people back to this game and give it the life they expected to from the start. And why not? More specifically, why should fans of this game not want new content that could revive this game?

    Besides, I rarely see an actual good idea for content from the OT era. The best I've seen is Scarif from the 2015 game, which I fully expect is coming. I'd be fine with that. If this was 2 years ago, I could see some Rebels content coming instead of prequel content. But it's not. Clone Wars Season 7 is next up, and it's got the fan base in a frenzy of anticipation.

    Trevor Noah gets 1 million views in a day. That doesn't mean eveybody wants to see him with a lightsaber, and it definitely doesn't mean he's more popular than the OT. People like to click on stuff.


    Trevor Noah is trash.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • DarthJ
    5178 posts Member
    This whole thread is biased, trolling and attention seeking, at best.. It's nothing more than narcissism towards the Original Trilogy. The Original Trilogy is over-rated as ****! Especially when it had a whole game devoted to it, previously.

    This game was meant to balance out the eras. Not to still suck-up to the Original Trilogy, like they did with the first game. "EA front II" is what "EA front (2015)" should've been, but wasn't. And people who say the Original Trilogy is superior to the Prequels "in every way" are nothing but biased bigots who need to remove the nostalgia goggles and take their heads out of their a**.

    The Prequel Trilogy/Clone Wars deserves far more content, in this game (Other than those that're already confirmed.. Ahsoka, Rex, Jango Fett, Mace Windu.. Mustafar, Utapau, Coruscant. etc.)

    STOP WITH THE ORIGINAL CONTENT PLEAS, ALREADY!!

    Lol overrated....really?! I can't state this enough it seems. The OT started it all!!! You wouldnt have the PT or your cartoons if it wasnt for the OT!

    All trilogies deserve attention. Once this batch of CW content ends its another trilogies turn, and they can come back to PT later
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • No OT.
    More Clone Wars please. Thanks!
  • As others have pointed out, we had an entire game of NOTHING but OT content. The Clone Wars era is FAR more rich and diverse, it’s beyond time it got its due.

    With that said, I would love some OT skins for the OT characters.
  • CW is pretty much for the noob SW fans. Us OT fans that kept the franchise alive for years (wouldn’t have CW w/o us) want more content from the OT
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    CW is pretty much for the noob SW fans. Us OT fans that kept the franchise alive for years (wouldn’t have CW w/o us) want more content from the OT

    Yeah what content? That old geezer tarkin, the Blue kid? What more can they do that we haven't already seen.
  • xSloky
    16 posts Member
    edited December 6
    I wanna Prequel Trilogy, Clone Wars, Rogue One and Sequel Trilogy for the future of Battlefront 2. Not so much more of OT.
  • Alex64
    5070 posts Member
    Yes OT.
    No more Clone Wars content please.
    ひとりじゃないから仲間がいるから大丈夫!
  • TheScape
    1243 posts Member
    edited December 6
    TjPunx wrote: »
    CW is pretty much for the noob SW fans. Us OT fans that kept the franchise alive for years (wouldn’t have CW w/o us) want more content from the OT

    Yeah what content? That old geezer tarkin, the Blue kid? What more can they do that we haven't already seen.

    Technically, anything they already did for BF2015.

    In terms of heroes, there are 2 more heroes and 2 more villains that could be "ported" from that game. They could even think about some Solo ones.

    In terms of maps, well, there are still quite a few maps that could be ported. Again, they could even create new ones from Solo (at least one for SA, Kessel space, and one for GA, Mimban).

    Anyways, I don't care either way if the content is good and extends this game's life.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »
    CW is pretty much for the noob SW fans. Us OT fans that kept the franchise alive for years (wouldn’t have CW w/o us) want more content from the OT

    Yeah what content? That old geezer tarkin, the Blue kid? What more can they do that we haven't already seen.

    Technically, anything they already did for BF2015.

    In terms of heroes, there are 2 more heroes and 2 more villains that could be "ported" from that game. They could even think about some Solo ones.

    In terms of maps, well, there are still quite a few maps that could be ported. Again, they could even create new ones from Solo (at least one for SA, Kessel space, and one for GA, Mimban).

    Anyways, I don't care either way if the content is good and extends this game's life.

    See that therein lies the problem. It's not "new" content if it's just from the recycling bin of the last game. Total and utter Joke here to say that it is. You got 80% of all your OT content at launch, congratulations. Clone Wars it is, and when thats finished we can go back to using recycled content from the last game that everyone is apparently desperate for.
  • The OT is SW
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    The OT is SW

    The OT, PT, ST, CW, Rebels, Resistance, novels, comic books, BFII campaign, and Fallen Jedi are ALL SW. All their stories, events, and characters are SW.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • TheScape
    1243 posts Member
    edited December 6
    TheScape wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »
    CW is pretty much for the noob SW fans. Us OT fans that kept the franchise alive for years (wouldn’t have CW w/o us) want more content from the OT

    Yeah what content? That old geezer tarkin, the Blue kid? What more can they do that we haven't already seen.

    Technically, anything they already did for BF2015.

    In terms of heroes, there are 2 more heroes and 2 more villains that could be "ported" from that game. They could even think about some Solo ones.

    In terms of maps, well, there are still quite a few maps that could be ported. Again, they could even create new ones from Solo (at least one for SA, Kessel space, and one for GA, Mimban).

    Anyways, I don't care either way if the content is good and extends this game's life.

    See that therein lies the problem. It's not "new" content if it's just from the recycling bin of the last game. Total and utter Joke here to say that it is. You got 80% of all your OT content at launch, congratulations. Clone Wars it is, and when thats finished we can go back to using recycled content from the last game that everyone is apparently desperate for.

    Nobody used the word "new" in that chain of comments except you. But even if we had said "new" OT content, they can still adapt maps to GA, which is a mode that didn't exist in BF2015. Heroes can still be different from last game (they already are in most cases). And it still doesn't take into account new Solo content or any other location they decide to use as OT (Vardos and Pilio could be candidates for it if they wanted).

    Again, I don't care either way. I was just trying to say that there is OT content that can still be used if they feel like it. You can keep asking for PT content if you want, but don't mock other eras.
Sign In or Register to comment.