criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Most of the SW universe will aggree more OT content is needed

1235710

Replies

  • Just content please, but my favorite is OT.
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    This whole thread is biased, trolling and attention seeking, at best.. It's nothing more than narcissism towards the Original Trilogy. The Original Trilogy is over-rated as ****! Especially when it had a whole game devoted to it, previously.

    This game was meant to balance out the eras. Not to still suck-up to the Original Trilogy, like they did with the first game. "EA front II" is what "EA front (2015)" should've been, but wasn't. And people who say the Original Trilogy is superior to the Prequels "in every way" are nothing but biased bigots who need to remove the nostalgia goggles and take their heads out of their a**.

    The Prequel Trilogy/Clone Wars deserves far more content, in this game (Other than those that're already confirmed.. Ahsoka, Rex, Jango Fett, Mace Windu.. Mustafar, Utapau, Coruscant. etc.)

    STOP WITH THE ORIGINAL CONTENT PLEAS, ALREADY!!

    I agree. Clone Wars is the best. More planets, more vehicles, more weapons.

    Edited all caps. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • MOAR CLOAN WARZ!
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Dagobah!
    Bespin GA!
    Sorosuub!
    Coruscant!
    More maps please!
  • I could get behind some Dagobah OT content, but just one question. Who's the Hero? We already got Luke, Yoda, and Vader. And please, please don't say Potato Wedge or squid trap boy, seriously lame and unoriginal Potential Heroes.

    The only viable OT content I see is a mass release of all the remaining bounty Hunters. 4-lom, zuckuss, Ig-88, port over Greedo and Dengar. If Force Unleashed wasn't retconned as well I'd say add in Rham Kota for lightside, but we'll have to think outside the box on that one. Maybe some planets we haven't already seen from the OT, Byss, Dantooine, ect.
  • Perhaps Admiral Thrawn and Moff Tarkin, but I wan't to kinda move away from Heroes with no Actual powers and just self buffs/Gadgets. Its Honestly pretty lame on anybody besides Boba or Jango / Alien Bounty hunters.
  • To be fair, I think the OT only came first because they did not have the means to create the prequel story with what they had at the time

    This is so ridiculous :D

    Why is this so rediculous? Lol
  • Other bounty hunters from OT would be good heroes
  • Zinjo
    202 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Prequel content has been added consistently since launch, with exception of the blip for the Solo update which was pretty small comparatively. It's time to move past the clone wars for a bit and give it a rest for a while IMO.
    They can do an OT update with just 2015 maps and Imperial skins at this point. Then they can concentrate on game fixes and new bling for several months while we gorge ourselves on the classic maps played with this new class system.
    For the ST fans, it would simply take opening up the boundaries on existing maps made for this game that we really haven't fully explored yet or maps only played in the single player game.
    Again, the lesser amount of time and effort to do this would save them much needed time to fully fix the gameplay issues and generate the scratch built new content for later updates.
    Recycling is supposed to be a good thing right?
    l9f9dxn8dc3e.jpg

  • New weapons.
  • Alex64
    5536 posts Member
    We need OT content.
    Good night, oh baby! Sleep tight, oh baby!
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    This whole thread is biased, trolling and attention seeking, at best.. It's nothing more than narcissism towards the Original Trilogy. The Original Trilogy is over-rated as ****! Especially when it had a whole game devoted to it, previously.

    This game was meant to balance out the eras. Not to still suck-up to the Original Trilogy, like they did with the first game. "EA front II" is what "EA front (2015)" should've been, but wasn't. And people who say the Original Trilogy is superior to the Prequels "in every way" are nothing but biased bigots who need to remove the nostalgia goggles and take their heads out of their a**.

    The Prequel Trilogy/Clone Wars deserves far more content, in this game (Other than those that're already confirmed.. Ahsoka, Rex, Jango Fett, Mace Windu.. Mustafar, Utapau, Coruscant. etc.)

    STOP WITH THE ORIGINAL CONTENT PLEAS, ALREADY!!

    Lol overrated....really?! I can't state this enough it seems. The OT started it all!!! You wouldnt have the PT or your cartoons if it wasnt for the OT!

    All trilogies deserve attention. Once this batch of CW content ends its another trilogies turn, and they can come back to PT later

    I agree with this. They shouldn't stick with one era for a longer period than 4 months. Then they should switch to a different one. It could go in order. from era to era. I would like that.
    I get that the OT started it all, but no one should try to alienate anyone because they think another era is superior. I kind of like them all equally. Each one has its faults, everyone that is honest can admit that. For me, I find the PT the most inspiring and (Though cringe-worthy) I find the story to be a bit more gripping.
    That is just me though. Those that love the OT more than anything else are inspired by it. They connect to it. For some, it is their childhood. I completely understand. But no one era can stand alone without the others. Children born in the later generations don't know what it was like to be surprised by, "Luke, I am your father." That was a shock to the first gen Star Wars fans.
    For us that grew up with that general knowledge, it doesn't really affect us that much. We don't see it as a huge surprise, we see it as a fact of life. But that is what the 1sts are connected to. That story was gripping for those who experienced it. The same goes for all eras of Star Wars fans.
    I grew up that way. I saw my two favorite heroes, Obi-Wan and Anakin fighting it out. To people, closer than brothers. That was gripping for me. I still love to watch that. It doesn't matter what other people think. Because you like it. That is why you don't need to care.
    Sorry, this is so long.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Dash
    11430 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    This whole thread is biased, trolling and attention seeking, at best.. It's nothing more than narcissism towards the Original Trilogy. The Original Trilogy is over-rated as ****! Especially when it had a whole game devoted to it, previously.

    This game was meant to balance out the eras. Not to still suck-up to the Original Trilogy, like they did with the first game. "EA front II" is what "EA front (2015)" should've been, but wasn't. And people who say the Original Trilogy is superior to the Prequels "in every way" are nothing but biased bigots who need to remove the nostalgia goggles and take their heads out of their a**.

    The Prequel Trilogy/Clone Wars deserves far more content, in this game (Other than those that're already confirmed.. Ahsoka, Rex, Jango Fett, Mace Windu.. Mustafar, Utapau, Coruscant. etc.)

    STOP WITH THE ORIGINAL CONTENT PLEAS, ALREADY!!

    Lol overrated....really?! I can't state this enough it seems. The OT started it all!!! You wouldnt have the PT or your cartoons if it wasnt for the OT!

    All trilogies deserve attention. Once this batch of CW content ends its another trilogies turn, and they can come back to PT later

    I agree with this. They shouldn't stick with one era for a longer period than 4 months. Then they should switch to a different one. It could go in order. from era to era. I would like that.
    I get that the OT started it all, but no one should try to alienate anyone because they think another era is superior. I kind of like them all equally. Each one has its faults, everyone that is honest can admit that. For me, I find the PT the most inspiring and (Though cringe-worthy) I find the story to be a bit more gripping.
    That is just me though. Those that love the OT more than anything else are inspired by it. They connect to it. For some, it is their childhood. I completely understand. But no one era can stand alone without the others. Children born in the later generations don't know what it was like to be surprised by, "Luke, I am your father." That was a shock to the first gen Star Wars fans.
    For us that grew up with that general knowledge, it doesn't really affect us that much. We don't see it as a huge surprise, we see it as a fact of life. But that is what the 1sts are connected to. That story was gripping for those who experienced it. The same goes for all eras of Star Wars fans.
    I grew up that way. I saw my two favorite heroes, Obi-Wan and Anakin fighting it out. To people, closer than brothers. That was gripping for me. I still love to watch that. It doesn't matter what other people think. Because you like it. That is why you don't need to care.
    Sorry, this is so long.

    💯
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Add some of the heroes from 15
  • Dengar would be a great addition
  • More ewoks
  • To be fair, I think the OT only came first because they did not have the means to create the prequel story with what they had at the time

    Actually the prequel story was not told first because they knew at the time it wasnt as good as episode 4 onwards.
  • OOM19
    2776 posts Member
    Since the Prequels have less content than the rest of the Eras I am fine with them getting a great number of content in early 2019

    However once Anakin gets released

    Well

    61cPoerQkNL._SX342_.jpg

    I think it's time for something else's turn
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • R1 is the only early content that should be in the game
  • OOM19
    2776 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    TjPunx wrote: »
    R1 is the only early content that should be in the game

    scn1o5v4hq2c.png

    I disagree
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Rogue One please <3
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • OOM19
    2776 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    This topic is still relevant? Do you know how limited the OT is compared to PT and even the new trilogy?

    Adding charcters that appeared in the films for 5 seconds isn’t something we need again.

    Say no more

    latest?cb=20180124084944

    19-aliens-2.w710.h473.jpg

    latest?cb=20180212222048

    Powerful Jedi

    But of course

    2ku1hn.jpg
    2ove4s.jpg
    2oveb8.jpg

    Post edited by OOM19 on
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • This topic is still relevant? Do you know how limited the OT is compared to PT and even the new trilogy?

    Adding charcters that appeared in the films for 5 seconds isn’t something we need again.

    Yea, but let's add a cat instead 👍
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • I think at this point its PT content. We have most of the major locations and heroes from the OT - there isn't much missing. Plus the OT has more maps and more heroes than any other era in the game already. And also the PT just has so many more major character and more content that have not made it into the game. And finally, it does seem that the PT is the general favorite of the population to have more content (I think largely because it doesn't feel close to complete where as the OT does feel pretty fleshed out). Of course there is also the ST, but that trilogy has turned out to be junk unfortunately. And if you want an OT focused game you always have the 2015 version.

    Maps
    PT = 4
    OT = 5
    ST = 4

    Heroes based on their primary roles (Yoda and Palp really could be either PT or OT - but I gave it to PT, and I guess Chewy could be OT or ST)
    PT = 5 (Obi, Yoda, Maul, Palp, Grievous)
    OT = 9 (Luke, Han, Leia, Chewy, Lando, Vader, Boba, Bossk, Iden)
    ST = 4 (Rey, Finn, Kylo, Phasma)

    Heroes base on playable maps
    PT = 7 (Obi, Yoda, Chewy, Maul, Palp, Grievous, Bossk)
    OT = 11 (Luke, Han, Leia, Chewy, Lando, Yoda, Vader, Palp, Boba, Bossk, Iden)
    ST = 8 (Rey, Finn, Luke, Han, Leia, Chewy, Kylo, Phasma)
  • How 'bout this compromise. We need prequel maps that can also be played during the OT era.

    Looking at you, Naboo campaign mission.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • This topic is still relevant? Do you know how limited the OT is compared to PT and even the new trilogy?

    Adding charcters that appeared in the films for 5 seconds isn’t something we need again.

    That’s my favourite part about Star Wars. Each and every obscure character has an extensive and fascinating backstory to them.

    I absolutely loved when they added Dengar, Greedo and Nien. I find it much more exciting to be able to play as these background characters than to play as Luke or Vader. They bore me.

    The whole “they had 5 seconds of screen time” argument for not adding specific heroes, in my opinion, is worthless. I’ll take Zuckuss, Plo Koon or the Crimson Corsair over any of the main characters any day.


    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • OP keeps bumping this thread. lol

    OT had an entire 2015 game plus DLC, and still has the most content in this game by a long shot. Cry me a river.

    This game needs fresh new content, not another Endor map or another Hoth map with a hangar or ports from 2015 lol.
  • AzorAhai
    1030 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I'd like a support reinforcement class that includes non-combat droids and maybe other small folk.

    Artoo could have the ability to provide intel, maybe activate/deactivate switches that open/close doors, extend/retract bridges that are in his line of sight, as well as minor offensive capabilities.

    Of course combat droids like IG-88 would deserve their own entry as a hero.

    Might could even work in Salacious Crumb somehow.

    Just a thought.
  • >GCW is limited

    >half the clown wors trash is pulled from goofy cartoons instead of anything that movie goers would recognize

    and GCW era has a goofy cartoon too if we just want to add a volume of more kid garbage (i'm definitely not suggesting such but gun to head I'd prefer GCW era dreck to CW era dreck). Planets, battles, vehicles, Heroes (Blind guy vs Blue guy season as they were the only good characters from that show), space whale as a walker assault map, Team Rocket as enforcers or better yet ariels (sabercopters ha!). I have literal tens of (bad) ideas!


    In all seriousness, as far as actual good content GCW is winner by a huge margin as of R1 and Solo (which are barely represented) if for no other objective reason than having more films (and also being the actual setting of the game's campaign, tons of assets which aren't even being used in MP), but we've not even got the few good parts of the prequels (Order 66,) yet anyway so I wouldn't even be opposed to more from there if it were done well.

    How about just good content in general before adding irrelevant trash like cartoon armor Obi Wan or 78 clown skins?

    9xkb2z2el1y6.jpg
    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • OP keeps bumping this thread. lol

    OT had an entire 2015 game plus DLC, and still has the most content in this game by a long shot. Cry me a river.

    This game needs fresh new content, not another Endor map or another Hoth map with a hangar or ports from 2015 lol.

    BF15 port overs <3

    BOOOOO!! lol

    Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if that's what we get. Maybe that's just me being negative, or maybe it's a track record. There's a part of me that keeps saying more new content is too good to be true, even something outrageously cool like a cross era Mustafar with Vader's castle for OT content and the Separatist facility for PT content.

    Ports can still have their day, but they generally seem to work best in a more healthy community than this game has. Let it get back on it's feet and in the good graces of gamers with new content, then do a community poll to see what maps from 2015 are the most desired to return.
  • This topic is still relevant? Do you know how limited the OT is compared to PT and even the new trilogy?

    Adding charcters that appeared in the films for 5 seconds isn’t something we need again.

    That’s my favourite part about Star Wars. Each and every obscure character has an extensive and fascinating backstory to them.

    I absolutely loved when they added Dengar, Greedo and Nien. I find it much more exciting to be able to play as these background characters than to play as Luke or Vader. They bore me.

    The whole “they had 5 seconds of screen time” argument for not adding specific heroes, in my opinion, is worthless. I’ll take Zuckuss, Plo Koon or the Crimson Corsair over any of the main characters any day.


    That's my point but for CW characters like Ahsoka; just because the character has only limited or no screen time at all is completely irrelevent. But to add to your point, Dengar has had his story expanded upon because of the CW too.
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • This topic is still relevant? Do you know how limited the OT is compared to PT and even the new trilogy?

    Adding charcters that appeared in the films for 5 seconds isn’t something we need again.

    That’s my favourite part about Star Wars. Each and every obscure character has an extensive and fascinating backstory to them.

    I absolutely loved when they added Dengar, Greedo and Nien. I find it much more exciting to be able to play as these background characters than to play as Luke or Vader. They bore me.

    The whole “they had 5 seconds of screen time” argument for not adding specific heroes, in my opinion, is worthless. I’ll take Zuckuss, Plo Koon or the Crimson Corsair over any of the main characters any day.


    That's my point but for CW characters like Ahsoka; just because the character has only limited or no screen time at all is completely irrelevent. But to add to your point, Dengar has had his story expanded upon because of the CW too.

    Oh. Yeah, I don’t want television cartoons as heroes in Battlefront. Gross.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • This topic is still relevant? Do you know how limited the OT is compared to PT and even the new trilogy?

    Adding charcters that appeared in the films for 5 seconds isn’t something we need again.

    That’s my favourite part about Star Wars. Each and every obscure character has an extensive and fascinating backstory to them.

    I absolutely loved when they added Dengar, Greedo and Nien. I find it much more exciting to be able to play as these background characters than to play as Luke or Vader. They bore me.

    The whole “they had 5 seconds of screen time” argument for not adding specific heroes, in my opinion, is worthless. I’ll take Zuckuss, Plo Koon or the Crimson Corsair over any of the main characters any day.


    That's my point but for CW characters like Ahsoka; just because the character has only limited or no screen time at all is completely irrelevent. But to add to your point, Dengar has had his story expanded upon because of the CW too.

    Yeah OT fans need to realize this. The prequel era is an opportunity for more OT era content and expansion of OT era characters like Dengar and Bossk.

    Ahsoka is so popular it makes zero sense not to put her in this game. There's not a more "can't miss" publicity opportunity for this game than Ahsoka. Pair her up with Ventress and a new map with the new Conquest mode, and it's another solid gold trailer opportunity.
  • The only thing I need is Leia's gown from A New Hope. <3
    Current Topics:
    Secondary Hand For Every Class
    Luke's Push and Repulse Damage Output

    cggn8altuzp0.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

    ❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
    - Leia Organa

    #BunsForBattlefront




  • bfloo
    13329 posts Member
    This topic is still relevant? Do you know how limited the OT is compared to PT and even the new trilogy?

    Adding charcters that appeared in the films for 5 seconds isn’t something we need again.

    That’s my favourite part about Star Wars. Each and every obscure character has an extensive and fascinating backstory to them.

    I absolutely loved when they added Dengar, Greedo and Nien. I find it much more exciting to be able to play as these background characters than to play as Luke or Vader. They bore me.

    The whole “they had 5 seconds of screen time” argument for not adding specific heroes, in my opinion, is worthless. I’ll take Zuckuss, Plo Koon or the Crimson Corsair over any of the main characters any day.


    That's my point but for CW characters like Ahsoka; just because the character has only limited or no screen time at all is completely irrelevent. But to add to your point, Dengar has had his story expanded upon because of the CW too.

    Yeah OT fans need to realize this. The prequel era is an opportunity for more OT era content and expansion of OT era characters like Dengar and Bossk.

    Ahsoka is so popular it makes zero sense not to put her in this game. There's not a more "can't miss" publicity opportunity for this game than Ahsoka. Pair her up with Ventress and a new map with the new Conquest mode, and it's another solid gold trailer opportunity.

    75% of the average Star Wars fans would have no idea who ashoka and ventress are. I hate to break it to you, but the pt era got a worse reception than the st did.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Who the ____ is Ventress?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • 2000sGuy
    5823 posts Member
    edited December 2018

    How about just good content in general before adding irrelevant trash like cartoon armor Obi Wan or 78 clown skins?

    Good Content is too each’s own

    To me the TCW Obiwan skin is fine. Its mot like they also added his skin from season blah episode blah blah. Ive seen people request OT era skins from the comics such as Crait Luke so why not have skins from the cartoons? Heck im pretty sure I saw you request like 5 extra Iden skins lol. I can get not wanting characters from the cartoons (i dont particularly want then either) as they would take alot more effort and time to do but smaller content like weapons vehicles and notable skins from outside the movies should be fine

    78 “clown” skins is a hyperbole. The OT and ST troopers got skin updates while clones were ignored. Yea they’re stretching the releases and that’s unnecessary but its not really as much as its made out to look
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • bfloo wrote: »
    This topic is still relevant? Do you know how limited the OT is compared to PT and even the new trilogy?

    Adding charcters that appeared in the films for 5 seconds isn’t something we need again.

    That’s my favourite part about Star Wars. Each and every obscure character has an extensive and fascinating backstory to them.

    I absolutely loved when they added Dengar, Greedo and Nien. I find it much more exciting to be able to play as these background characters than to play as Luke or Vader. They bore me.

    The whole “they had 5 seconds of screen time” argument for not adding specific heroes, in my opinion, is worthless. I’ll take Zuckuss, Plo Koon or the Crimson Corsair over any of the main characters any day.


    That's my point but for CW characters like Ahsoka; just because the character has only limited or no screen time at all is completely irrelevent. But to add to your point, Dengar has had his story expanded upon because of the CW too.

    Yeah OT fans need to realize this. The prequel era is an opportunity for more OT era content and expansion of OT era characters like Dengar and Bossk.

    Ahsoka is so popular it makes zero sense not to put her in this game. There's not a more "can't miss" publicity opportunity for this game than Ahsoka. Pair her up with Ventress and a new map with the new Conquest mode, and it's another solid gold trailer opportunity.

    75% of the average Star Wars fans would have no idea who ashoka and ventress are. I hate to break it to you, but the pt era got a worse reception than the st did.

    lol

    You mean Star Wars "fans" who have basically done nothing but see the movies once or twice? Sure they don't know Ahsoka. Everyone else knows exactly who Ahsoka is.

    So that was an outpouring of love for The Last Jedi that clearly spilled over into Solo this past year lol. The ST is every bit as divisive if not more considering this is Disney and not Lucas.
  • bfloo
    13329 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    This topic is still relevant? Do you know how limited the OT is compared to PT and even the new trilogy?

    Adding charcters that appeared in the films for 5 seconds isn’t something we need again.

    That’s my favourite part about Star Wars. Each and every obscure character has an extensive and fascinating backstory to them.

    I absolutely loved when they added Dengar, Greedo and Nien. I find it much more exciting to be able to play as these background characters than to play as Luke or Vader. They bore me.

    The whole “they had 5 seconds of screen time” argument for not adding specific heroes, in my opinion, is worthless. I’ll take Zuckuss, Plo Koon or the Crimson Corsair over any of the main characters any day.


    That's my point but for CW characters like Ahsoka; just because the character has only limited or no screen time at all is completely irrelevent. But to add to your point, Dengar has had his story expanded upon because of the CW too.

    Yeah OT fans need to realize this. The prequel era is an opportunity for more OT era content and expansion of OT era characters like Dengar and Bossk.

    Ahsoka is so popular it makes zero sense not to put her in this game. There's not a more "can't miss" publicity opportunity for this game than Ahsoka. Pair her up with Ventress and a new map with the new Conquest mode, and it's another solid gold trailer opportunity.

    75% of the average Star Wars fans would have no idea who ashoka and ventress are. I hate to break it to you, but the pt era got a worse reception than the st did.

    lol

    You mean Star Wars "fans" who have basically done nothing but see the movies once or twice? Sure they don't know Ahsoka. Everyone else knows exactly who Ahsoka is.

    So that was an outpouring of love for The Last Jedi that clearly spilled over into Solo this past year lol. The ST is every bit as divisive if not more considering this is Disney and not Lucas.

    TFA was loved. Solo was expected to bomb from day 1.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • ArchAngeL_777
    1278 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    This topic is still relevant? Do you know how limited the OT is compared to PT and even the new trilogy?

    Adding charcters that appeared in the films for 5 seconds isn’t something we need again.

    That’s my favourite part about Star Wars. Each and every obscure character has an extensive and fascinating backstory to them.

    I absolutely loved when they added Dengar, Greedo and Nien. I find it much more exciting to be able to play as these background characters than to play as Luke or Vader. They bore me.

    The whole “they had 5 seconds of screen time” argument for not adding specific heroes, in my opinion, is worthless. I’ll take Zuckuss, Plo Koon or the Crimson Corsair over any of the main characters any day.


    That's my point but for CW characters like Ahsoka; just because the character has only limited or no screen time at all is completely irrelevent. But to add to your point, Dengar has had his story expanded upon because of the CW too.

    Yeah OT fans need to realize this. The prequel era is an opportunity for more OT era content and expansion of OT era characters like Dengar and Bossk.

    Ahsoka is so popular it makes zero sense not to put her in this game. There's not a more "can't miss" publicity opportunity for this game than Ahsoka. Pair her up with Ventress and a new map with the new Conquest mode, and it's another solid gold trailer opportunity.

    75% of the average Star Wars fans would have no idea who ashoka and ventress are. I hate to break it to you, but the pt era got a worse reception than the st did.

    lol

    You mean Star Wars "fans" who have basically done nothing but see the movies once or twice? Sure they don't know Ahsoka. Everyone else knows exactly who Ahsoka is.

    So that was an outpouring of love for The Last Jedi that clearly spilled over into Solo this past year lol. The ST is every bit as divisive if not more considering this is Disney and not Lucas.

    TFA was loved. Solo was expected to bomb from day 1.

    Acknowledged as entertaining is a better phrase for it. Even casual fans recognize it's a total retread of A New Hope, and Luke fans were not happy at all. The whole OT cast reunion turned out to be a huge tease. It should have been one of the easiest wins in film making history lol.
  • bfloo
    13329 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    This topic is still relevant? Do you know how limited the OT is compared to PT and even the new trilogy?

    Adding charcters that appeared in the films for 5 seconds isn’t something we need again.

    That’s my favourite part about Star Wars. Each and every obscure character has an extensive and fascinating backstory to them.

    I absolutely loved when they added Dengar, Greedo and Nien. I find it much more exciting to be able to play as these background characters than to play as Luke or Vader. They bore me.

    The whole “they had 5 seconds of screen time” argument for not adding specific heroes, in my opinion, is worthless. I’ll take Zuckuss, Plo Koon or the Crimson Corsair over any of the main characters any day.


    That's my point but for CW characters like Ahsoka; just because the character has only limited or no screen time at all is completely irrelevent. But to add to your point, Dengar has had his story expanded upon because of the CW too.

    Yeah OT fans need to realize this. The prequel era is an opportunity for more OT era content and expansion of OT era characters like Dengar and Bossk.

    Ahsoka is so popular it makes zero sense not to put her in this game. There's not a more "can't miss" publicity opportunity for this game than Ahsoka. Pair her up with Ventress and a new map with the new Conquest mode, and it's another solid gold trailer opportunity.

    75% of the average Star Wars fans would have no idea who ashoka and ventress are. I hate to break it to you, but the pt era got a worse reception than the st did.

    lol

    You mean Star Wars "fans" who have basically done nothing but see the movies once or twice? Sure they don't know Ahsoka. Everyone else knows exactly who Ahsoka is.

    So that was an outpouring of love for The Last Jedi that clearly spilled over into Solo this past year lol. The ST is every bit as divisive if not more considering this is Disney and not Lucas.

    TFA was loved. Solo was expected to bomb from day 1.

    Acknowledged as entertaining is a better phrase for it. Even casual fans recognize it's a total retread of A New Hope, and Luke fans were not happy at all. The whole OT cast reunion turned out to be a huge tease. Disney figured out how to mess up one of the easiest wins in film making history lol.

    I never understood why tfa was so well received.

    While solo was a fun film, the only one I've really ernjoyed from disney was rogue one
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    This topic is still relevant? Do you know how limited the OT is compared to PT and even the new trilogy?

    Adding charcters that appeared in the films for 5 seconds isn’t something we need again.

    That’s my favourite part about Star Wars. Each and every obscure character has an extensive and fascinating backstory to them.

    I absolutely loved when they added Dengar, Greedo and Nien. I find it much more exciting to be able to play as these background characters than to play as Luke or Vader. They bore me.

    The whole “they had 5 seconds of screen time” argument for not adding specific heroes, in my opinion, is worthless. I’ll take Zuckuss, Plo Koon or the Crimson Corsair over any of the main characters any day.


    That's my point but for CW characters like Ahsoka; just because the character has only limited or no screen time at all is completely irrelevent. But to add to your point, Dengar has had his story expanded upon because of the CW too.

    Yeah OT fans need to realize this. The prequel era is an opportunity for more OT era content and expansion of OT era characters like Dengar and Bossk.

    Ahsoka is so popular it makes zero sense not to put her in this game. There's not a more "can't miss" publicity opportunity for this game than Ahsoka. Pair her up with Ventress and a new map with the new Conquest mode, and it's another solid gold trailer opportunity.

    75% of the average Star Wars fans would have no idea who ashoka and ventress are. I hate to break it to you, but the pt era got a worse reception than the st did.

    lol

    You mean Star Wars "fans" who have basically done nothing but see the movies once or twice? Sure they don't know Ahsoka. Everyone else knows exactly who Ahsoka is.

    So that was an outpouring of love for The Last Jedi that clearly spilled over into Solo this past year lol. The ST is every bit as divisive if not more considering this is Disney and not Lucas.

    TFA was loved. Solo was expected to bomb from day 1.

    Acknowledged as entertaining is a better phrase for it. Even casual fans recognize it's a total retread of A New Hope, and Luke fans were not happy at all. The whole OT cast reunion turned out to be a huge tease. Disney figured out how to mess up one of the easiest wins in film making history lol.

    I never understood why tfa was so well received.

    While solo was a fun film, the only one I've really ernjoyed from disney was rogue one

    Rogue One is indeed their best effort. I do like Solo a lot too, and wish it did better. It sets up a cool bounty hunter/underworld side of the galaxy like what they did in Clone Wars.

    I liked TFA up until Starkiller Base fired and it was obvious we were headed for a Death Star trench run. It felt like fan fiction from that point on. I couldn't believe it. And of course with Han's death (predictable after Leia talks him into facing his son Kylo Ren) and Luke MIA, we didn't really get our reunion.

    I actually don't have much of a problem with Last Jedi until the very end with Luke...ultimately predictable. Could have done without a Hoth walker assault retread too. The big joke now is if they brought back Lando just to kill him off lol.

    The ST feels like just getting something over with so that we can get back to some original story telling.
  • The game needs more Prequel content.

    -Droidekas, MagnaGuards, SpiderDroides (Playable)...

    -Qui Gon, Jango Fett...

    -Utapau: with Varactyl and Grevious vehicle Playable

    -Naboo Plains: Gungan Army VS Droides

    -Coruscant

    -Mustafar

    Prequel maps is more interesting and unique.

  • BucksawBoushh
    3200 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    bfloo wrote: »
    This topic is still relevant? Do you know how limited the OT is compared to PT and even the new trilogy?

    Adding charcters that appeared in the films for 5 seconds isn’t something we need again.

    That’s my favourite part about Star Wars. Each and every obscure character has an extensive and fascinating backstory to them.

    I absolutely loved when they added Dengar, Greedo and Nien. I find it much more exciting to be able to play as these background characters than to play as Luke or Vader. They bore me.

    The whole “they had 5 seconds of screen time” argument for not adding specific heroes, in my opinion, is worthless. I’ll take Zuckuss, Plo Koon or the Crimson Corsair over any of the main characters any day.


    That's my point but for CW characters like Ahsoka; just because the character has only limited or no screen time at all is completely irrelevent. But to add to your point, Dengar has had his story expanded upon because of the CW too.

    Yeah OT fans need to realize this. The prequel era is an opportunity for more OT era content and expansion of OT era characters like Dengar and Bossk.

    Ahsoka is so popular it makes zero sense not to put her in this game. There's not a more "can't miss" publicity opportunity for this game than Ahsoka. Pair her up with Ventress and a new map with the new Conquest mode, and it's another solid gold trailer opportunity.

    75% of the average Star Wars fans would have no idea who ashoka and ventress are. I hate to break it to you, but the pt era got a worse reception than the st did.

    lol

    You mean Star Wars "fans" who have basically done nothing but see the movies once or twice? Sure they don't know Ahsoka. Everyone else knows exactly who Ahsoka is.

    So that was an outpouring of love for The Last Jedi that clearly spilled over into Solo this past year lol. The ST is every bit as divisive if not more considering this is Disney and not Lucas.

    I’m a Star Wars fan. No debating that. I’ve seen all of the films hundreds (exaggeration) of times, read a decent chunk of books and I’ll pick up the odd comic now and again. Tried to get into the toons but I felt they were terrible and geared towards 11 year olds. I had no clue who Ahsoka was until these forums steered me towards TCW. Looking forward to the Mandalorian and the Cassian shows.

    I loved TFA. It pulled me right back into SW and did what it was set out to do. It was a great starting point for the ST. TLJ I thought was an inexcusably terrible film and a big middle finger to what’s kept this franchise afloat. Which are it’s long-standing, loyal fans. Solo was entertaining but very shallow. Miles better than TLJ. Rogue One I rate as the 3rd best Star Wars film ever made.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!