criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Most of the SW universe will aggree more OT content is needed

1235Next

Replies

• I've had 40+ years to grow very attached to the Original Trilogy, but us long-timers don't have any more legitimate claim to Star Wars fandom than anyone else does.

Star Wars is big enough to accommodate all of us, regardless of when how or where it blew our minds for the first time.

I want more content in this game, regardless of era. I'm sure they will make their way back around to the OT in due time. There are at the very least a ton of epic skins they could add that we would very much appreciate.

• Just content please, but my favorite is OT.
  • This whole thread is biased, trolling and attention seeking, at best.. It's nothing more than narcissism towards the Original Trilogy. The Original Trilogy is over-rated as ****! Especially when it had a whole game devoted to it, previously.

This game was meant to balance out the eras. Not to still suck-up to the Original Trilogy, like they did with the first game. "EA front II" is what "EA front (2015)" should've been, but wasn't. And people who say the Original Trilogy is superior to the Prequels "in every way" are nothing but biased bigots who need to remove the nostalgia goggles and take their heads out of their a**.

The Prequel Trilogy/Clone Wars deserves far more content, in this game (Other than those that're already confirmed.. Ahsoka, Rex, Jango Fett, Mace Windu.. Mustafar, Utapau, Coruscant. etc.)

STOP WITH THE ORIGINAL CONTENT PLEAS, ALREADY!!

I AGREE. CLONE WARS IS THE BEST. MORE PLANETS, MORE VEHICLES, MORE WEAPONS.
  • MOAR CLOAN WARZ!
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Dagobah!
    Bespin GA!
    Sorosuub!
    Coruscant!
    More maps please!
  • I could get behind some Dagobah OT content, but just one question. Who's the Hero? We already got Luke, Yoda, and Vader. And please, please don't say Potato Wedge or squid trap boy, seriously lame and unoriginal Potential Heroes.

The only viable OT content I see is a mass release of all the remaining bounty Hunters. 4-lom, zuckuss, Ig-88, port over Greedo and Dengar. If Force Unleashed wasn't retconned as well I'd say add in Rham Kota for lightside, but we'll have to think outside the box on that one. Maybe some planets we haven't already seen from the OT, Byss, Dantooine, ect.
  • Perhaps Admiral Thrawn and Moff Tarkin, but I wan't to kinda move away from Heroes with no Actual powers and just self buffs/Gadgets. Its Honestly pretty lame on anybody besides Boba or Jango / Alien Bounty hunters.
  • To be fair, I think the OT only came first because they did not have the means to create the prequel story with what they had at the time

This is so ridiculous :D

Why is this so rediculous? Lol
  • Other bounty hunters from OT would be good heroes
  • Zinjo
    87 posts Member
    edited December 8
    Prequel content has been added consistently since launch, with exception of the blip for the Solo update which was pretty small comparatively. It's time to move past the clone wars for a bit and give it a rest for a while IMO.
    They can do an OT update with just 2015 maps and Imperial skins at this point. Then they can concentrate on game fixes and new bling for several months while we gorge ourselves on the classic maps played with this new class system.
    For the ST fans, it would simply take opening up the boundaries on existing maps made for this game that we really haven't fully explored yet or maps only played in the single player game.
    Again, the lesser amount of time and effort to do this would save them much needed time to fully fix the gameplay issues and generate the scratch built new content for later updates.
    Recycling is supposed to be a good thing right?
    Someone Didn't like my signature asking for Inferno squad skins....
  • New weapons.
    #ShutDICEdown
  • Alex64
    5065 posts Member
    We need OT content.
    ひとりじゃないから仲間がいるから大丈夫!
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    This whole thread is biased, trolling and attention seeking, at best.. It's nothing more than narcissism towards the Original Trilogy. The Original Trilogy is over-rated as ****! Especially when it had a whole game devoted to it, previously.

This game was meant to balance out the eras. Not to still suck-up to the Original Trilogy, like they did with the first game. "EA front II" is what "EA front (2015)" should've been, but wasn't. And people who say the Original Trilogy is superior to the Prequels "in every way" are nothing but biased bigots who need to remove the nostalgia goggles and take their heads out of their a**.

The Prequel Trilogy/Clone Wars deserves far more content, in this game (Other than those that're already confirmed.. Ahsoka, Rex, Jango Fett, Mace Windu.. Mustafar, Utapau, Coruscant. etc.)

Lol overrated....really?! I can't state this enough it seems. The OT started it all!!! You wouldnt have the PT or your cartoons if it wasnt for the OT!

All trilogies deserve attention. Once this batch of CW content ends its another trilogies turn, and they can come back to PT later

I agree with this. They shouldn't stick with one era for a longer period than 4 months. Then they should switch to a different one. It could go in order. from era to era. I would like that.
    I get that the OT started it all, but no one should try to alienate anyone because they think another era is superior. I kind of like them all equally. Each one has its faults, everyone that is honest can admit that. For me, I find the PT the most inspiring and (Though cringe-worthy) I find the story to be a bit more gripping.
    That is just me though. Those that love the OT more than anything else are inspired by it. They connect to it. For some, it is their childhood. I completely understand. But no one era can stand alone without the others. Children born in the later generations don't know what it was like to be surprised by, "Luke, I am your father." That was a shock to the first gen Star Wars fans.
    For us that grew up with that general knowledge, it doesn't really affect us that much. We don't see it as a huge surprise, we see it as a fact of life. But that is what the 1sts are connected to. That story was gripping for those who experienced it. The same goes for all eras of Star Wars fans.
    I grew up that way. I saw my two favorite heroes, Obi-Wan and Anakin fighting it out. To people, closer than brothers. That was gripping for me. I still love to watch that. It doesn't matter what other people think. Because you like it. That is why you don't need to care.
    Sorry, this is so long.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Dash
    11070 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    This whole thread is biased, trolling and attention seeking, at best.. It's nothing more than narcissism towards the Original Trilogy. The Original Trilogy is over-rated as ****! Especially when it had a whole game devoted to it, previously.

Lol overrated....really?! I can't state this enough it seems. The OT started it all!!! You wouldnt have the PT or your cartoons if it wasnt for the OT!

All trilogies deserve attention. Once this batch of CW content ends its another trilogies turn, and they can come back to PT later

I agree with this. They shouldn't stick with one era for a longer period than 4 months. Then they should switch to a different one. It could go in order. from era to era. I would like that.
    I get that the OT started it all, but no one should try to alienate anyone because they think another era is superior. I kind of like them all equally. Each one has its faults, everyone that is honest can admit that. For me, I find the PT the most inspiring and (Though cringe-worthy) I find the story to be a bit more gripping.
    That is just me though. Those that love the OT more than anything else are inspired by it. They connect to it. For some, it is their childhood. I completely understand. But no one era can stand alone without the others. Children born in the later generations don't know what it was like to be surprised by, "Luke, I am your father." That was a shock to the first gen Star Wars fans.
    For us that grew up with that general knowledge, it doesn't really affect us that much. We don't see it as a huge surprise, we see it as a fact of life. But that is what the 1sts are connected to. That story was gripping for those who experienced it. The same goes for all eras of Star Wars fans.
    I grew up that way. I saw my two favorite heroes, Obi-Wan and Anakin fighting it out. To people, closer than brothers. That was gripping for me. I still love to watch that. It doesn't matter what other people think. Because you like it. That is why you don't need to care.
    Sorry, this is so long.

💯
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Kloon
    9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• Add some of the heroes from 15
  • Dengar would be a great addition
  • More ewoks
  • To be fair, I think the OT only came first because they did not have the means to create the prequel story with what they had at the time

Actually the prequel story was not told first because they knew at the time it wasnt as good as episode 4 onwards.