criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Most of the SW universe will aggree more OT content is needed

145679

Replies

  • Alex64
    5580 posts Member
    Lol this thread is gold, sweaty nerds getting mad over which trilogy is better. "You CW fans suck!1!" "No you OT fans suck!1!" Sheesh...

    Calling fans "sweaty nerds" salty boi? Jinkies! A Clone wars fan Typical behavior. Feel free to debate, just don't insult.
  • Lol this thread is gold, sweaty nerds getting mad over which trilogy is better. "You CW fans suck!1!" "No you OT fans suck!1!" Sheesh...

    The worst part is they don't realize it's total bait lol. OP is bumping this thread every 3rd or 4th post.
  • Alex64
    5580 posts Member
    Lol this thread is gold, sweaty nerds getting mad over which trilogy is better. "You CW fans suck!1!" "No you OT fans suck!1!" Sheesh...

    The worst part is they don't realize it's total bait lol. OP is bumping this thread every 3rd or 4th post.

    Lets talk about the topic, no on here is discusing which threads bump or not.
    If you disagree with OT content just care to explain why.
  • Relmets
    1111 posts Member
    Lol this thread is gold, sweaty nerds getting mad over which trilogy is better. "You CW fans suck!1!" "No you OT fans suck!1!" Sheesh...

    When you have nothing useful to contribute but still want to be part of the conversation

    ih3bdnq0k2k5.gif
    Add weapons or bad things are going to happen
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • Relmets
    1111 posts Member
    Lol this thread is gold, sweaty nerds getting mad over which trilogy is better. "You CW fans suck!1!" "No you OT fans suck!1!" Sheesh...

    The worst part is they don't realize it's total bait lol. OP is bumping this thread every 3rd or 4th post.

    Anything remotely controversial is bait
    I guess this thread really is gold after all
    avddjjbufk9j.gif
    Add weapons or bad things are going to happen
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Lol this thread is gold, sweaty nerds getting mad over which trilogy is better. "You CW fans suck!1!" "No you OT fans suck!1!" Sheesh...

    The worst part is they don't realize it's total bait lol. OP is bumping this thread every 3rd or 4th post.

    Anything remotely controversial is bait

    There's nothing remote about it. This whole thread is one gigantic argument...then an argument over being in an argument or how to properly argue, on and on. It's more or less the same half a dozen or so people with a new poster taking the bait every now and then.

  • Alex64
    5580 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Lol this thread is gold, sweaty nerds getting mad over which trilogy is better. "You CW fans suck!1!" "No you OT fans suck!1!" Sheesh...

    The worst part is they don't realize it's total bait lol. OP is bumping this thread every 3rd or 4th post.

    Anything remotely controversial is bait

    There's nothing remote about it. This whole thread is one gigantic argument...then an argument over being in an argument or how to properly argue, on and on. It's more or less the same half a dozen or so people with a new poster taking the bait every now and then.

    there's no bait here, OP is showing the importance of OT content in the game, it's the same for the people to ask to end cross era, those who ask for more clone wars content, those who ask to take out the EOR MM system, those who want a revamp on the Saber combat, all of us share one thing, it's the same feeling toward something.
  • TjPunx
    1090 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »
    Lol this thread is gold, sweaty nerds getting mad over which trilogy is better. "You CW fans suck!1!" "No you OT fans suck!1!" Sheesh...

    The worst part is they don't realize it's total bait lol. OP is bumping this thread every 3rd or 4th post.

    Anything remotely controversial is bait

    There's nothing remote about it. This whole thread is one gigantic argument...then an argument over being in an argument or how to properly argue, on and on. It's more or less the same half a dozen or so people with a new poster taking the bait every now and then.

    there's no bait here, OP is showing the importance of OT content in the game, it's the same for the people to ask to end cross era, those who ask for more clone wars content, those who ask to take out the EOR MM system, those who want a revamp on the Saber combat, all of us share one thing, it's the same feeling toward something.

    Def agree

  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Ig88 would be good to add

    I am a massive OT fan but what is the interest in IG88 as a hero in thhis game? An insanely minor character to the story. I just don't understand it.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Ig88 would be good to add

    I am a massive OT fan but what is the interest in IG88 as a hero in thhis game? An insanely minor character to the story. I just don't understand it.

    Well find more out in Mandalorian I believe
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Lol this thread is gold, sweaty nerds getting mad over which trilogy is better. "You CW fans suck!1!" "No you OT fans suck!1!" Sheesh...

    When you have nothing useful to contribute but still want to be part of the conversation

    ih3bdnq0k2k5.gif

    Yeah you're right, I must apologise for interrupting your highly "useful contribution", but I truly had to thank you for all the good laughs

    *insert cringy gif here*
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Ig88 would be good to add

    I am a massive OT fan but what is the interest in IG88 as a hero in thhis game? An insanely minor character to the story. I just don't understand it.

    I have far more interest in IG than in all the cartoon characters being put up as ideas here.

    61tgj36mc1n9.png

    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Ig88 would be good to add

    I am a massive OT fan but what is the interest in IG88 as a hero in thhis game? An insanely minor character to the story. I just don't understand it.

    Because if he was put in, he would be the first droid hero ever.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »
    Ig88 would be good to add

    I am a massive OT fan but what is the interest in IG88 as a hero in thhis game? An insanely minor character to the story. I just don't understand it.

    Because if he was put in, he would be the first droid hero ever.

    This is a fair point but on this basis I would MUCH rather have K-2SO from Rogue one. A much more relevant and significant hero.
  • Seems a decent compromise.. Might as well have L3 from Solo while we are at it too
  • Saber91 wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    I love the argument of TCW or fanatical PT fans. They dont want background characters from the OT, yet will happily take a background character from the PT. Or even a character who hasnt appeared in a live action film (Ahsoka).

    Hypocritical?

    I would rather have OT content than ST any day.

    At least both era fanatics can unite against the common enemy of the ST

    OT > ST >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PT

    But if OOM-9 was in all three of the PT movies it would look like this:

    PT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>OT > ST
  • “Most” of the “Star Wars Universe” will “aggree “ that OT content is needed
    1.) First don’t include most based on speculation
    2.) Actually majority of players want PT content and that’s a know fact. Just check the battle of genosis trailer like to dislikes ratiocompare to solo a OT content drop. PT brought some life into this game unlike solo.
    3.) Learn how to spell. It’s agree not aggree.

    Because many people don't like Solo, which isn't part of the OT!

    Learn how to spell? Your post has "know fact" instead of known fact, and "genosis" instead of Geonosis.

    Anyway as long as it doesn't make the post harder to understand it doesn't matter. Everyone knows that aggree means agree.
  • TjPunx
    1090 posts Member
    edited January 7
    “Most” of the “Star Wars Universe” will “aggree “ that OT content is needed
    1.) First don’t include most based on speculation
    2.) Actually majority of players want PT content and that’s a know fact. Just check the battle of genosis trailer like to dislikes ratiocompare to solo a OT content drop. PT brought some life into this game unlike solo.
    3.) Learn how to spell. It’s agree not aggree.

    Because many people don't like Solo, which isn't part of the OT!

    Learn how to spell? Your post has "know fact" instead of known fact, and "genosis" instead of Geonosis.

    Anyway as long as it doesn't make the post harder to understand it doesn't matter. Everyone knows that aggree means agree.

    Solo wasn’t a cartoon it should be in the game. Too many people are asking for cartoon characters to be put into this game from the CW. Seems like it only seems to be the newer fans that want this. OT is what kept this franchise alive for them to have their animated series
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    “Most” of the “Star Wars Universe” will “aggree “ that OT content is needed
    1.) First don’t include most based on speculation
    2.) Actually majority of players want PT content and that’s a know fact. Just check the battle of genosis trailer like to dislikes ratiocompare to solo a OT content drop. PT brought some life into this game unlike solo.
    3.) Learn how to spell. It’s agree not aggree.

    Because many people don't like Solo, which isn't part of the OT!

    Learn how to spell? Your post has "know fact" instead of known fact, and "genosis" instead of Geonosis.

    Anyway as long as it doesn't make the post harder to understand it doesn't matter. Everyone knows that aggree means agree.

    Solo wasn’t a cartoon it should be in the game. Too many people are asking for cartoon characters to be put into this game from the CW. Seems like it only seems to be the newer fans that want this. OT is what kept this franchise alive for them to have their animated series

    I completely agree, and I do like Solo. I was just pointing out that you say the PT is more popular than the OT because of Solo's failure.
  • Relmets
    1111 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    Lol this thread is gold, sweaty nerds getting mad over which trilogy is better. "You CW fans suck!1!" "No you OT fans suck!1!" Sheesh...

    When you have nothing useful to contribute but still want to be part of the conversation

    ih3bdnq0k2k5.gif

    Yeah you're right, I must apologise for interrupting your highly "useful contribution", but I truly had to thank you for all the good laughs

    *insert cringy gif here*

    You seem awfully agitated for someone who's having a few laughs

    Oh and if you need help embedding a gif feel free to shoot me a DM we can sort that out bud
    Add weapons or bad things are going to happen
    Dbeh6cI.gif
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Ig88 would be good to add

    I am a massive OT fan but what is the interest in IG88 as a hero in thhis game? An insanely minor character to the story. I just don't understand it.

    I seriously hate this argument so much for not adding certain heroes.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »
    Ig88 would be good to add

    I am a massive OT fan but what is the interest in IG88 as a hero in thhis game? An insanely minor character to the story. I just don't understand it.

    Because if he was put in, he would be the first droid hero ever.

    This is a fair point but on this basis I would MUCH rather have K-2SO from Rogue one. A much more relevant and significant hero.

    Droid season with K2 and IG as heroes.

    Along with Legendary Chewbacca w/ 3PO skin! Would be a fitting time to add in some Battle Droid skins.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Ig88 would be good to add

    I am a massive OT fan but what is the interest in IG88 as a hero in thhis game? An insanely minor character to the story. I just don't understand it.

    I seriously hate this argument so much for not adding certain heroes.

    Bossk isn't any less minor than IG-88.
  • BucksawBoushh
    3830 posts Member
    edited January 7
    TjPunx wrote: »
    Ig88 would be good to add

    I am a massive OT fan but what is the interest in IG88 as a hero in thhis game? An insanely minor character to the story. I just don't understand it.

    I seriously hate this argument so much for not adding certain heroes.

    Bossk isn't any less minor than IG-88.

    And he’s one of the best and most balanced heroes in the game! Nobody else gets excited about an opportunity to play as these minor (but fascinating) characters?

    Loved when Nien and Greedo were added in BF15. I’ll take IG88 and Plo Koon over any main character. These sorts of characters are the reason I love Star Wars.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Ig88 would be good to add

    I am a massive OT fan but what is the interest in IG88 as a hero in thhis game? An insanely minor character to the story. I just don't understand it.

    I seriously hate this argument so much for not adding certain heroes.

    Bossk isn't any less minor than IG-88.


    He's appeared in the clone wars and canon comics, even a novel. What about IG-88? (I actually would love IG in game, just saying bossk is a bit more prominent)
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • TjPunx
    1090 posts Member
    Bring all the hunters from ESB
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Bring all the hunters from ESB and heroes from RO

    Fixed o:)
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I play Luke almost exclusively as a hero, just ask @johnny_mercury or @Wallofman and I can say this with certainty, OT heroes need more skins, they have the most to choose from. As for maps and such? Bespin is a must (its already in the game, look down from the Admin's Palace on Bespin) and that way sabotage can be added to GA for Bespin. Scarif is another one, heck if Dice wanted to get crazy, give us a "what if" assault on Vader's Palace or something, there is so much in the OT that can be used and I think both prequel and original eras need more content, sequel, I dont really care if they leave that the way it is, if I hear one more person suggest Rose as a hero... (Ps, we need Rebel Marine skins as an Assault skin pronto

    CsaB73i.jpg
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    Maybe we can finally replace the Wookiee warrior with a different unit, legends has loads of Alliance Special Forces units to choose from it’s just a matter of putting down development time, balancing, putting forth the idea to make it Canon, testing it out, and implementing it.


    I’m pretty sure the gamers would be appreciative if the clone commando was added as a replacement enforcer for the Republic, but seeing as that they only got a cameo appearance in the TV series. and that the arc troopers were featured more heavily I think that’s a better chance for them, the (Arcs) to be added instead.
    Still I am imagine development and 3-D rendering must be a hassle for them to work correctly

    Heck, if theyd make the Infiltrator from legends a canon SF unit, theyd be perfect (also Kyle Katarn but thats just a personal request :D )

    But as it is right now, like the Pathfinder could work, just give them an armored look or something to be on par with the other enforcer looks
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • TjPunx
    1090 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »
    Bring all the hunters from ESB and heroes from RO

    Fixed o:)

    You’re correct. Forgot to add R1
  • Solo was bad, the 100M $ a month in deficit of profit since its launch had resulted in Disney loosing roughly 3 B in revenue. So yes it was bad, and it’s taking all of Disney to hell with them
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Ig88 would be good to add

    I am a massive OT fan but what is the interest in IG88 as a hero in thhis game? An insanely minor character to the story. I just don't understand it.

    I seriously hate this argument so much for not adding certain heroes.

    Bossk isn't any less minor than IG-88.


    He's appeared in the clone wars and canon comics, even a novel. What about IG-88? (I actually would love IG in game, just saying bossk is a bit more prominent)

    IG88 has a pretty extensive backstory. Do some digging.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Really? Do we really another thread on this?
    Starting to feel like I'm the only person here with a sensible brain who can look at this whole situation objectively and not be blinded by bias or personal preference.
    TjPunx wrote: »
    We need more OT content

    jyieil85b40t.jpeg
    p1xvlm360qjc.jpeg

    Dude, seriously, stop referencing this poll. It doesn't help the situation at all, it only exacerbates it.

    I guess this guy doesn’t like hearing facts. Bottom line it’s sad that people are so out of touch they think Clone Wars isn’t the most popular
  • TjPunx
    1090 posts Member
    Really? Do we really another thread on this?
    Starting to feel like I'm the only person here with a sensible brain who can look at this whole situation objectively and not be blinded by bias or personal preference.
    TjPunx wrote: »
    We need more OT content

    jyieil85b40t.jpeg
    p1xvlm360qjc.jpeg

    Dude, seriously, stop referencing this poll. It doesn't help the situation at all, it only exacerbates it.

    I guess this guy doesn’t like hearing facts. Bottom line it’s sad that people are so out of touch they think Clone Wars isn’t the most popular

    CW is for the newer generation. If it wasn’t for the OT generation, their wouldn’t be a franchise around for CW
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Ig88 would be good to add

    I am a massive OT fan but what is the interest in IG88 as a hero in thhis game? An insanely minor character to the story. I just don't understand it.

    I seriously hate this argument so much for not adding certain heroes.

    Bossk isn't any less minor than IG-88.


    He's appeared in the clone wars and canon comics, even a novel. What about IG-88? (I actually would love IG in game, just saying bossk is a bit more prominent)

    IG88 has a pretty extensive backstory. Do some digging.


    I know he does in legends, but isn't it pretty much zero in new canon? Which is mainly what the devs have to use
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Ig88 would be good to add

    I am a massive OT fan but what is the interest in IG88 as a hero in thhis game? An insanely minor character to the story. I just don't understand it.

    I seriously hate this argument so much for not adding certain heroes.

    Bossk isn't any less minor than IG-88.


    He's appeared in the clone wars and canon comics, even a novel. What about IG-88? (I actually would love IG in game, just saying bossk is a bit more prominent)

    IG88 has a pretty extensive backstory. Do some digging.


    I know he does in legends, but isn't it pretty much zero in new canon? Which is mainly what the devs have to use

    Im fairly certain in the new canon he doesnt have a fleshed out story but come one, either IG 88 or 4lom would make for an interesting character
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Really? Do we really another thread on this?
    Starting to feel like I'm the only person here with a sensible brain who can look at this whole situation objectively and not be blinded by bias or personal preference.
    TjPunx wrote: »
    We need more OT content

    jyieil85b40t.jpeg
    p1xvlm360qjc.jpeg

    Dude, seriously, stop referencing this poll. It doesn't help the situation at all, it only exacerbates it.

    I guess this guy doesn’t like hearing facts. Bottom line it’s sad that people are so out of touch they think Clone Wars isn’t the most popular

    CW is for the newer generation. If it wasn’t for the OT generation, their wouldn’t be a franchise around for CW

    I really hate this argument, not that I disagree, but because it is flawed. What if the Prequels came first, then the OT, would you be saying that the PT is better just because it came first? Even if the OT actually is better?
    "OT is for the newer generation. If it wasn't for the CW generation, their wouldn't be a franchise around for the OT"
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • TjPunx
    1090 posts Member
    The PT was fine as a good companion to the OT. The ST is just a mess of a remake (TFA), and a Lost episode (TLJ)
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Bring all the hunters from ESB

    That's about all the OT has left, rebellion has nearly nobody as cool or interesting, just more pilots, the squid, and a bunch of retcons. Clone Wars has a far more interesting line-up, despite being an animated series.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif[/quote]
  • TjPunx
    1090 posts Member
    OT has all the R1 characters. All the bounty hunters from ESB, Java, and more
  • The arguments between PT and OT are petulant. The reality is: we have had a long and enduring "Clone Wars" season, which still has content forthcoming. PT fans are getting a lot of cool content, and that's a good thing. Keep it coming too. But this thread is about OT underrepresentation. And I agree with that.

    Aside from foundational maps from OT locations at the launch of this game, there has been no special consideration given to the OT in any season. More content from that era is abundant:

    1. Luke, Leia and Han skins from A New Hope, including Farmer Luke, X-Wing Luke, Storm Trooper Luke, Leia in her White Gown. (This should be a no brainer, but it has eluded two Battlefront games with EA/DICE with no competent explanation for its persistent absence).

    2. Tatooine maps: we have Mos Eisley, but that's it. The large Tatooine Map from BF15 was great, as was the Rebel Depot. The Palace Garage is also missing here. There is plenty more content from this planet to offer.

    3. Sullust: Hello? It has zero representation in BF2 multiplayer. We had a main map in the original BF15, as well as cool maps for Extraction there. What is the reason for totally ignoring it here?

    4. Bespin: Cloud City large scale, Bioniip Laboratory, and Carbonite Freezing Chamber, to name three locations missing. Porting over Administrator's Palace was a pretty paltry tip of the cap to this planet (I mean, thanks DICE). But Bespin has a lot more visually stimulating areas to provide.

    5. Dagobah: Okay, so Luke and Yoda were the only ones depicted on the planet in the films. So what? Have they no imagination? We have cross era hero gameplay and other non-canon uses of characters and gameplay on various planets that make zero canonical sense. Create a dark, brooding swampland for small game modes. This could be fantastic!

    6. There are other characters that could be added in creative ways, if even in the form that the BF15 mission modes did, where you see a hologram of Akbar at the top of the screen issuing orders to the troops during select points of the battle. I mean, come on? Specifically, General Veers, Tarkin, Admiral Ackbar, Mon Monthma, and C-3PO could all be used in this manner.

    7. I am curious about this new "Titan mode/Conquest." Is that going to be tethered SOLELY to one map from the PT. Why not a new type of Battle Station mode which involves a strike team on Endor having to disable a shield which then enables a Death Star 2 attack.

    8. Rogue One: Scarif was cool, and Jyn Erso and Krennic were good heroes. Give that film some dignification here. It's content that is being left absent for no real reason.

    I could honestly keep going, but it's not my job and it's pathetic that the Devs don't talk about it. The OT has a tremendous amount of more content to offer, after they are done with the PT. Much of this is basic and obvious.

    In my opinion.
  • From the OT era I personally would be stoked to see any of the following make it into BF2.

    Ackbar, Tarkin, IG88, 4LOM, Zuckuss, Greedo, Dengar, Nien Nunb, Ponda Baba, Biggs DL, K2SO, Poe, Cassian, Baze, Chirrut, Jyn, Krennic, Moroff, Edrio Two Tubes and Dash Rendar.

    Although when it comes to the OT maps and skins (infantry and hero) are where they can really flesh it out.

    $lom or Ig 88 would be interesting to see simply for abilities, like a droid hack that would turn enemy turrets against the other team
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Laser921 wrote: »
    From the OT era I personally would be stoked to see any of the following make it into BF2.

    Ackbar, Tarkin, IG88, 4LOM, Zuckuss, Greedo, Dengar, Nien Nunb, Ponda Baba, Biggs DL, K2SO, Poe, Cassian, Baze, Chirrut, Jyn, Krennic, Moroff, Edrio Two Tubes and Dash Rendar.

    Although when it comes to the OT maps and skins (infantry and hero) are where they can really flesh it out.

    $lom or Ig 88 would be interesting to see simply for abilities, like a droid hack that would turn enemy turrets against the other team

    I think they could get really creative with Zuckuss. If I could vote in one hero, it would be him.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • TjPunx
    1090 posts Member
    Laser921 wrote: »
    From the OT era I personally would be stoked to see any of the following make it into BF2.

    Ackbar, Tarkin, IG88, 4LOM, Zuckuss, Greedo, Dengar, Nien Nunb, Ponda Baba, Biggs DL, K2SO, Poe, Cassian, Baze, Chirrut, Jyn, Krennic, Moroff, Edrio Two Tubes and Dash Rendar.

    Although when it comes to the OT maps and skins (infantry and hero) are where they can really flesh it out.

    $lom or Ig 88 would be interesting to see simply for abilities, like a droid hack that would turn enemy turrets against the other team

    Really like that idea with the turret
  • Alex64
    5580 posts Member
    Ewoks should be added as reinforcements on Endor.
  • Hah, nothing like Star Wars fans having passion over which film they absolutely hate the most and want everyone to hear their negativity. Our "fan base" is so screwed.
Sign In or Register to comment.