criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why Can Vehicles That Cost Substantially Less Kill the Much More Expensive Heroes By Touching Them?

Title. It becomes more evident how big of a problem this is since it's vehicles weekend.
jexdw69dwod3.png

Replies

• It’s fun to kill heroes like that, and then watch them rage quit. It’d be fun to have IGC for those moments
  • Never play in the street?
  • Title. It becomes more evident how big of a problem this is since it's vehicles weekend.

explosive sentry is free and does the same
  • Because they get Crushed being stepped on
    Spines get snapped/pulverized when hit by a Speeder or a hover bike
    What I learned is, by crouching I can avoid being run over by the first order speeder thing? And possibly also the rebel mishmash civilians speeder
  • Lightsaber combat in this game is not realistic because if it were, blocking will be used much more often and dismemberment will be a thing.

But I don’t think that would be rated T for teen anymore I know this one old Star Wars game that had a mod that allowed for Realistic light saber damage and I saw videos of the game of players and enemies being dismembered left and right when it was all over a person would be a pair of legs and torso with one hit
    But that’s not this game
  • Title. It becomes more evident how big of a problem this is since it's vehicles weekend.

explosive sentry is free and does the same

No good hero player dies to one heavy using explosive sentry.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • ARC211092 wrote: »
    Because, if a player is foolish enough to get that close to a vehicle, or let one get that close to them, then they don't deserve a hero.

How about speeder bikes? They are very fast and can come out of nowhere and OHK a hero.
    jexdw69dwod3.png

Cause they were so concerned about not making heroes OP that now they suck. Sure you can get 80+ killstreaks against bad players but they're not fun to play as, at all...
    Way too much running away from things...
    What were they thinking?
    ij4u9kqox4ip.gif
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    ARC211092 wrote: »
    Because, if a player is foolish enough to get that close to a vehicle, or let one get that close to them, then they don't deserve a hero.

How about speeder bikes? They are very fast and can come out of nowhere and OHK a hero.

If a speeder going full blast hits you, it should kill you.

The players going snail speed to road kill should be addressed.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Not that i don't agree with you, but... by that logic, if a lightsaber going full blast hits you, it should cut you...
    What were they thinking?
    ij4u9kqox4ip.gif
  • bfloo wrote: »

Not a hero IMO.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • AVGN
    405 posts Member
    Adding further depth to the discussion...

Some vehicle abilities can also one hit kill heroes. Hero/Vehicle balance is a complete mess.

https://streamable.com/5rw6e
    https://streamable.com/x2j9f
    https://streamable.com/zlflu

The damn LIUV is better than most light side heroes in this game: https://streamable.com/1r9j6

The least they could do is allow heroes to fight back. Luke can kill the AT-ST driver unless it's a Heavy, so that's something...
    Lando's Disabler should actually, you know... DISABLE the AT-ST for a few seconds. Same goes for air vehicles, i remember this one time playing on Hoth as Vader, some guy kept trying to kill me with an airspeed and i hit him four times with my Lightsaber Throw and nothing... he should've been dead with one. Force Push could also make starfighters crash if they are too close to the ground.
    What were they thinking?
    ij4u9kqox4ip.gif
  • DarthCapa2
    2060 posts Member
    edited November 26
    Title. It becomes more evident how big of a problem this is since it's vehicles weekend.

Yes it is a silly thing. Principally because the bad hit detection. And anyway I think that every hero should have at least one ability good against them, for defend himself from them. Why for example as Luke i can only run away from an at-st? Or why as a saber hero i can't contribute to damaging the at at or the mtp?
  • Even leaving heroes out of this equation, this is why I can get very apprehensive about the otherwise enjoyable Starkiller Base map. LIUVs up the wazoo, always driven by players cheesily nudging everything in sight - heroes, troopers, you name it - to gentle oblivion. And when they die, WHOOP, straight back into a cheap vehicle for some more cheap playing.
    I reckon it would probably help if, on top of Dash's good recommendations, the costs for vehicles like the landspeeder and LIUV were raised to deter (or at least reduce) the amount of cheap vehicle ramming competitions that can make that first stage on Starkiller Base as fun as dentistry.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Another good question would be "Why were heroes harming vehicle drivers patched out so quick?"

Why can't Bossk and Palpatine harm the AT-AT driver on Endor? costs like 300BP to get back in.

This is probably the best point I've seen on this subject.
  • Majike wrote: »
    Even leaving heroes out of this equation, this is why I can get very apprehensive about the otherwise enjoyable Starkiller Base map. LIUVs up the wazoo, always driven by players cheesily nudging everything in sight - heroes, troopers, you name it - to gentle oblivion. And when they die, WHOOP, straight back into a cheap vehicle for some more cheap playing.
    I reckon it would probably help if, on top of Dash's good recommendations, the costs for vehicles like the landspeeder and LIUV were raised to deter (or at least reduce) the amount of cheap vehicle ramming competitions that can make that first stage on Starkiller Base as fun as dentistry.

I agree. This is the map that makes the vehicle ramming problem the most glaring. A 300 bp vehicle should never dictate the tempo of a match as clearly as it does on the first phase of Starkiller Base. There's got to be an incentive for killing them. Right now, as cheap as they are, there isn't. Raising the price to 1,000 bp like they did with the LAAT on Kamino would be a good start. Starkiller Base could be a fun map without the suicide vehicle spam. I'm surprised Dice hasn't addressed this.
  • Crouch to avoid being run over by the speeders on Tatooine and Starkiller moonbase

Why can't luke kill a speeder or atst did it in the movies

He can with his op push
  • Bad_Tooth wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Another good question would be "Why were heroes harming vehicle drivers patched out so quick?"

Why can't Bossk and Palpatine harm the AT-AT driver on Endor? costs like 300BP to get back in.

Yet lukes push does kill them.. .
  • It’s easy to farm bp that way
  • Bad_Tooth wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Yet lukes push does kill them.. .

He never said it didn't. The only thing he said was that Bossk and Palpatine can't harm the driver.
    jexdw69dwod3.png

Why can't luke kill a speeder or atst did it in the movies

He can with his op push

His, "op push" doesn't work half the time.
    jexdw69dwod3.png

and you literally made that 300 BP back just by the sole act of getting killed by them ("heroic sacrifice")

this was obviously a waaaayyy bigger problem than HvV being totally unplayable without the honor system, Strike being impossible to get a game started, and most of the heroes having gamebreaking bugs or being worse than an enforcer for most of the game's life cycle.

and you literally made that 300 BP back just by the sole act of getting killed by them ("heroic sacrifice")

this was obviously a waaaayyy bigger problem than HvV being totally unplayable without the honor system, Strike being impossible to get a game started, and most of the heroes having gamebreaking bugs or being worse than an enforcer for most of the game's life cycle.

Don't even get me started on HvV. This is still a problem though.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • idk about you but I have slain plenty of AT-RTs as Grievous.
  • idk about you but I have slain plenty of AT-RTs as Grievous.

I have too but you're damaging the vehicles not the drivers.
    jexdw69dwod3.png

AT-ST, MTT, etc - I agree. The speeder bikes, Liuv, Landspeeder, etc can chase heroes anywhere on the map unless you can get to an elevated area. I was Luke on Endor last night, startling at the end if phase 1, and dodged multiple speeder bikes non-stop until we entered the 3rd phase. Luke's push and repulse do nothing, which is ****.

AT-ST, MTT, etc - I agree. The speeder bikes, Liuv, Landspeeder, etc can chase heroes anywhere on the map unless you can get to an elevated area. I was Luke on Endor last night, startling at the end if phase 1, and dodged multiple speeder bikes non-stop until we entered the 3rd phase. Luke's push and repulse do nothing, which is ****.

Agreed

And if a speeder bike hits a Wookiee, the speeder bike should explode. Right now, it’s no different than a moped running into a grizzly bear and killing the grizzly...
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • At least we got this:

wytfu4leez1o.jpg
  • hsf_
    1233 posts Member
    Jbstiner wrote: »

Agreed

And if a speeder bike hits a Wookiee, the speeder bike should explode. Right now, it’s no different than a moped running into a grizzly bear and killing the grizzly...

With all due respect, if something made of metal and heavy like a moped hits you in the head at 30mph, you're dead... The bear included.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    At least we got this:

wytfu4leez1o.jpg

oh my Liuv!!

time to step on the accelerators then

>:)