criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The Road Ahead, Part 2 - January/February 2019

Scoundrel
249 posts Member
edited November 2018
Every Battlefront fan would love it if the content drops were cranked up to the point that we could get ALL of the content that we want within 2019 (and maybe we're in for a big surprise) but considering that things take time, and we don't know for certain the level of support that the game will get moving forward, we have to take a long-term, big picture view. What we know is that the team is making major investments in time and effort into streaming, and the marketing seems to be ramping up. Renewed interest in the game is spiking. There is no BF3 on the horizon. There will be movie tie-in opportunities for the end of 2019. Major anniversary tie-in opportunities in May 2020. They are effectively re-launching the game starting with Geonosis. This game is the only one of its kind in the Star Wars realm for the foreseeable future (at least through 2020). This game is a live-service model (inching closer every day to fulfilling that promise), with "years" of support planned according to EA/DICE. I think it's fair to say that based on all of that, we can expect content through 2020. Two years. And we're gonna need it. If you want to check out some December content prognostication, check this out: Part 1 https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/125019/the-road-ahead-part-1-december-2018

The team has already confirmed that they are getting ready to reveal version 1 of a roadmap for 2019 with plans for what we hope is the entire year. (By the way, I hope I'm completely wrong about my timeline and we get bombarded with content). They're hyping up the 2019 planned content, and have recently said that they're aware that Star Wars is more than just the Prequel Era. Wheels are turning. Content is planned. So let's take a look at what that roadmap could/should be—not just for the near future, but for the duration of content support. This is as realistic a prognostication as I can make—neither overly optimistic, or paralyzingly pessimistic—based not on the past year of received content and slow drip of content, but on the past few months of content/communication and what that cadence of content can produce moving forward.

So, we already know that we are getting Clone Wars/Prequel content (officially) through February with ObiWan and Geonosis on the very near horizon, followed by Anakin and Dooku—and there have been numerous hints about additional heroes like Ahsoka, Ventress, and Padme. Dennis has mentioned a "deep dive into the clone wars, beginning on Geonosis." And he's singled out reinforcements as something that he wants to focus on. So, it's safe to assume that Clone Wars/Prequel content will continue, at least, through April. But likely far beyond. The team has repeatedly said that doing some of things that we want, like ported maps, and heroes, take resources and time away from making new maps. Plus we still want new weapons, reinforcements, and skins. We'll just have to be patient. Just a quick reminder of what is on the very near horizon.

First, here's what we know:
January 2019
COUNT DOOKU / DARTH TYRANUS
a3ubgjm8fmcv.jpeg

January 2019
Count Dooku comes to the Battlefront in January in what will likely be the smallest content drop for all of 2019. Dooku will have two skins likely with cape and sans cape (a la Clone Wars).
ii7ixp31amyi.jpeg

Coruscant Clone Skins join the battle as well in this update, adding further variety to the clone customization roster.
je2kumoc9edy.jpeg

February 2019 -

Following the smallest content drop of the year will be one of the largest—specifically in how it will have major ramifications for the game, moving forward. February is going to be huge. Several long awaited items come back home to Battlefront. First up...

ANAKIN SKYWALKER
p0h4xpmnf74k.jpeg

Anakin Skywalker (+ 1 additional skin) finally makes his way into the game. I'm thinking that we will get his cloaked and uncloaked appearances.

501st CLONE LEGION
And, of course, the Legendary Jedi General can't hit the battlefront with his 501st Clone legion.
rwswyws04e5f.jpeg

CONQUEST - LARGE SCALE GAME MODE
4s1yho228fwm.png

Lastly, the long awaited new game mode that features "capturing command posts and taking down capital ships" arrives. We call it "Conquest", and if it's even a shadow of what it was in the original battlefront games, then we are in for one hell of a treat. I'd like to think that we'll get this mode for Arcade as well, but I don't think that will happen immediately. I hope I, proven wrong. Regardless, the playerbase will rejoice at having a large scale, sandbox style, non-linear game mode to throw themselves into. I just hope our wives, girlfriends, husbands, boyfriends, and anyone who enjoys seeing us don't mind us disappearing for a month.

Dennis teased these command posts a little while back, which gave us all the nostalgia feels.
0ue6w0by6mt6.jpeg

Then consider these mods done by the infamous UnispiredZebra. Giving us a glimpse of what could be and how the command post portion of this new game mode could work:
nct9knudm3ox.jpeg
357evahinnnt.jpeg
xa8zysjgntqp.jpeg
ekevtwii56sr.jpeg

It will be a day long remembered, and is going to set the table for everything to come after. Up next, we'll take a look at what March 2019 - May 2019 could be...

Take a look here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/125154/the-road-ahead-part-3-march-may-2019
Post edited by Scoundrel on

Replies

• StarWars0525
    2522 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Well if we go based on Dennis teases then we should get the following most likely
    - Jango(duel pistols being tested)
    - Asaji Ventress(only dark side saber user to match Ashoka)
    - Ashoka tano(voice Lines we’re found)
    - Padme(Voice Lines were found)
    - Driodekas(roatating driods are being tested)
    - Coruscant( coruscant speeder was found in files)

This is what I belive we are getting past February based on all the teases we had received so maybe this will be the next 4 months worth of content with weapons and arcade updates.
    Post edited by StarWars0525 on
  • Also I love that mod. I hope that is what we get in February.
  • Well if we go based on Dennis teases then we should get the following most likely
    - Driodekas(rostering driods are being tested)

This is what I belive we are getting past February based on all the teases we had received so maybe this will be the next 4 months worth of content with weapons and arcade updates.

All good points... And bits that I'm planning to address in future posts...
  • Rugbymaster1
    1109 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    No more lightsaber or jet pack users please!! And padme... who cares? They are going overboard with the clone wars content.

** can you imagine having to chase down both boba and jango in HVV? Game over for me.
  • Well if we go based on Dennis teases then we should get the following most likely

I doubt half of what Dennis teases is actually coming.
  • No more lightsaber or jet pack users please!! And padme... who cares? They are going overboard with the clone wars content.

** can you imagine having to chase down both boba and jango in HVV? Game over for me.

There is this game called STAR WARS Battlefront 2015 that has 0 Clone Wars in it....Enjoy
  • No more lightsaber or jet pack users please!! And padme... who cares? They are going overboard with the clone wars content.

There is this game called STAR WARS Battlefront 2015 that has 0 Clone Wars in it....Enjoy

The funny thing is the content is really no more than one dlc if you paid for it.

The funny thing is the content is really no more than one dlc if you paid for it.

??? Please explain

Yes the all OT game for you OT die hards.

I doubt half of what Dennis teases is actually coming.

Bet because the future of this game is looking up.

??? Please explain

Everything we are getting for clone wars ain't much. 1 planet, 4 heroes, one mode and some skins. What would you pay for it? It's like one drop of a dlc pack is what I meant.
  • Hope we get a prequel enforcer and the sentinal class.
  • I while back I posted a 10 part series I called "The Road Ahead." I thought I'd go ahead take a look at what I've mapped out and predicted to see what I got right, what I got wrong, and which bits of content I had correct but the timing was off... Obviously, always in motion is the future, but since we're almost in April now and have received some regular updates the timing is good:
    I don't count previously confirmed information. Just my own predictions

The Road Ahead — Part 2 (January/February)

What Content I got 100% Correct
    Nothing.

What Content I got Correct but not the Timing.
    LARGE SCALE GAME MODE
    So this didn't happen in February as we thought it might. Obviously CAPITAL SUPREMACY is due in a few days, so I'm behind a month on this one. But this one was pretty close as far as timing goes. 0.75 out of 1 full point.

What Content I got Wrong
    N/A

So one piece of content predicted. One received (wrong timeframe).
    0.75 points out of 1

Total Score: 1.50 / 2