criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What are SWBF2 players opinion on the first game?

It is on sale right now and I really want to buy it,but what do you guys think about it?
Should I DEW IT?

Replies

• Dash
    11553 posts Member
    Play what you want whenever you feel like it dude.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• True,but I want to know what is good and bad about it..
  • bfloo
    14747 posts Member
    Bad, most dlc's you can barely get a map. Due to this, some things are impossible to unlock.

Gunplay was better, star card spam is bad.

The modes are far superior though.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Keep in mind the MP part is not as healthy as BF2 and the offline content doesn't include the DLC maps. That also means that most of the DLC maps will be hard to play even online... If you don't mind that, give it a try. It is a fun shooter but it is quite different to BF2.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Awwww man...we cant have a perfect Star wars shooter?
  • Dash
    11553 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    True,but I want to know what is good and bad about it..

2015:

Better modes and weapon selection in 2015, maps are awesome too. Hurt contracts. More player customization available. Stats. Games extremely arcade and vehicles on rails for the most part. Lots of cheater issues, almost 1-2 per game on PC.

2017:

Better graphics, More of an all around FPS feel in 2017, better trooper abilities, Classes erases the meta crunch that 2015 suffered from (everyone using the same loadout/traits). Vehicles not on rails, better combat in general. Not arcadey at all.

That’s just my assessment. And keep in mind I poured thousands of hours into 2015 for Drop Zone Mode alone. I still prefer this game to that one.

Just my personal opinion.

There will come others shortly to express their opinions as well. They have every right to them as our likes/needs all differ person to person.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Thanks!
  • Lot of nice scenery and better offline content that will entertain you for a few hours so go for it...PVP is too much of a waiting game but FOC if you get it just for the offline :-)
  • Not too much point worrying about the online good/bad is there if few players about...but IMO Bf17 plays toooo slowly and doesn't not reward good skill as much, especially in small player modes. Classes make the game more predictable
  • BF’15 was a lot of fun. Had better gunplay and weapon variety. It had a far better Star Wars ‘feel’ than this game ever will. Maps and modes were great too.

I think the offline is better in BF2, battle points >>>> tokens, better hero play.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Dash wrote: »

How did you change your picture
  • Base game was good, great modes and great weapons. DLC is kinda dead and has issues, Extraction is just Bossk and Chewbacca kill festivals, Sabotage on Bespin is ruined by a glitch with partner spawning on villains. It has it's merits but I don't think there are many people playing it making it's merits hard to enjoy.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • It's a pretty good game I would say the game modes are better by a lot but the gameplay of it is not. HvV is better, walker assault is better, the starfighter assault was better you name it
  • It is on sale right now and I really want to buy it,but what do you guys think about it?
    Should I DEW IT?

It's okay, but there are many cheaters on it, the graphics are worse, and it takes much longer to find a match. Also whatever bugs you encounter will never be fixed because the game is no longer supported. You will have to pay for DLC, whereas in this game the DLC is totally free. That being said, there are a lot of cool weapons and the first game has better customization than this one.
  • Dash
    11553 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »

I used the Force. :wink:

But also being on desktop allows you the option. :blush:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Awwwwwwwww thanks
  • SWBF 15 has better designed maps than this game. GA starts well but every map ends up with a battle in a closet by the final phase. Even DICE understands this is a problem with GA maps which is why Geonosis was designed to play differently than the current GA maps. We’ll see.

SWBF 15 has better modes like WA, TP, Supremacy, Extraction, Cargo and DZ. This game has Ewok Hunt and JPC which no one plays.

The only mode in this game that is better than SWBF 15 is SA. FS was fun but SA is far and above the better mode.

The class system in this game was an improvement but not the customization.

This game is still a work in progress so DICE still have quite a bit of work to do to get this game to have the replay value of SWBF15.

Hopefully the new mode in February 2019 is good and DICE adds more maps for all modes otherwise I’ll just uninstall.
    #StarWars-y

Awwwwwwwww thanks

Please dint change yours..I preffer the one you have right now!
  • It is on sale right now and I really want to buy it,but what do you guys think about it?
    Should I DEW IT?

The game had a way better launch but not a brighter future
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Ppong_Man12
    2170 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Depends on you man, this game is newer with a larger playerbase: Are you more of an infantry guy or a hero guy, This game is based on heroes/reinforcements where 15 was more infantry based. 15 is a faster paced game that’s not as forgiving as bf2 imo, a lot more competitive. Both are good for different reasons but imo 15 is far and away a superior miltiplayer with a wider skill gap. I really don’t see a reason no to have both if your a Starwars fan though. A side note, I’ve played both a ton.
  • Can’t get scarif maps
    can’t get Death Star maps
    can rarely get bespin maps
    and just a little higher than rare with getting an outer rim map to play

A lot more love and attention to detail was put in to that game than this one. IMO
  • Personal opinion:

Bad, really bad for me, nothing like bf2. Everybody run the same build so everyone has a jetpack, a instant full heal or a bubble blocking 300 damage and the same 2 or 3 gun that are broken or something like this.

Objectiv point of view:

The game feels like a complete experience of the OT, with the dlc though, with out dlc don't even waste money buying it, there is very few content with out. Population is low on pc, I don't think you can even get a game starting on the dlc maps.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • I prefer BF15. I'd recommend it
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

• Admiral_Xen
    2727 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Pros

-Awesome setting.
    -Far more varied trooper weapons and gunplay
    -Better modes
    -Better map designs
    -More content in general
    -Less recycled hero abilities
    -More soldier customization
    -Better offline with large scale game modes and Co-Op survival

Cons
    -Much of the DLC is now hard to access outside of peak hours on say weekends
    -Lack of class system means only one or two clear meta builds (jumpack in particular is near mandatory card)
    -Support cut off, certain potentially gamebreaking bugs and balance issues remain
    -Starfighter gameplay isn't nearly as good, though Death Star space battle is great even with the limited mechanics

my verdict as to getting the game?

even if you don't get nearly as much out of it as we did when it was at its peak, it's still worth the tiny $5 USD or whatever you can get it for now.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • It costs like 3$ soo yeah..
    IM GONNA DEW IT
  • Loved it. Very fond memories of BF15. You say it’s $3? Yes. You should cop it.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Reason I don’t play it is because I just can’t go back to jumptrooper utopia.
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Also,That song just got stuck in my head..
    Thank you,kind sir
  • Clusterwatch
    165 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Loved it. Very fond memories of BF15. You say it’s $3? Yes. You should cop it.

My bad..Its 5 dollars..for ultimate edition!
  • Loved it. Very fond memories of BF15. You say it’s $3? Yes. You should cop it.

My bad..Its 5 dollars..for ultimate edition!

Whoa! I got the regular one for that price, it was the Ultimate box but the cashier informed me that the DLC could have already been redeemed. such is the nature of pre-owned games. Thankfully she put it in the regular edition box afterwards. Anyways, that is an awesome price!
    In my opinion the game is fun, but sometimes frustrating, and Battlefront 2 is a marked improvement in most areas (the notable things in the first installment's favor are only cosmetic).

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • It's a pretty good game I would say the game modes are better by a lot but the gameplay of it is not. HvV is better, walker assault is better, the starfighter assault was better you name it

No way. BF2 SA is way better than BF2015. The ships control better, they don't have strange "maneuver abilities" and we have real objectives instead of team deathmatch. Not to mention the token system is bad.
    May your heart be your guiding key.