criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The Road Ahead, Part 3 — March/May 2019

Scoundrel
241 posts Member
edited December 2018
As Dennis stated, we are getting a "deep dive" into the Clone Wars (and prequel era), so it stands to reason that Clone Wars content will continue during March/May 2019. So what can we expect? Based on what we know is coming in November-February and some rumors and data mined info, I think we can expect the following over the 3 month period between March and May of 2019. Before you dip into Part 3, check out Part 2 here (which looks at content for January/February 2019): https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/125081/the-road-ahead-part-2-january-february-2019

CORUSCANT
o03rxcxkoqnt.jpeg

Wait... That does not compute for some people... But DICE will be taking us to Coruscant...

Anakin and the 501st have been added by this point. ObiWan and Yoda and there. All the principle Jedi are in game. All the other major Prequel locations have been accounted for (Naboo, Kamino, Kasshyyk, and Geonosis). The Center of the galaxy and home of the Jedi Temple, Coruscant is the next logical major Prequel Era location. Sure there are others that could/should be added to the game, but throw in the fact that recently a sound file for a Coruscant Speeder has been data mined and I think a picture starts to become clear. DICE has been hyping the rest of 2019. Ben even said that he was more excited for the rest of 2019 than the announced content so far... And with good reason. Track record be damned. Things are about to kick into VERY high gear.

GALACTIC ASSAULT / CONQUEST -
One of the most requested locations to be added to Battlefront since the launch of BF 2015, the Jedi Temple is a perfect arena for Galactic Assault and Conquest. This would be an predominantly indoor GA/CQ map that would also lend itself nicely to being broken up for a STRIKE/BLAST map, as well. The battle would begin outside the Jedi Temple and would intensify in the great hall of the main entrance...
kux1q2wurfgs.jpeg

uk6pdgmsmbzw.png

Later, the battle will rage into the interior of the Temple with winding staircases and statues for cover...
v6gmpj2ft8m9.jpeg

Finally, the battle will spill over into the Jedi Library where the clone army and its Jedi Generals will make one final stand against the Droid Army... And it will be GLORIOUS!
edfrv4dhukpu.jpeg

But the fun doesn't stop there....

STARFIGHTER ASSAULT

We'll likely also get the first addition to Starfighter Assault since D'Qar, and it's one that everyone has requested.

dmsnlwzawwiz.jpeg

The BATTLE OF CORUSCANT
We've heard that this map has been in development since the beginning and it certainly on the radar for the team, but this Battle as seen in ROTS is the ultimate Prequel Trilogy space battle and BELONGS in Starfighter Assault. If it's ever going to happen, it should come in alongside Coruscant for ground battles.

HEROES
Between popular opinion and recent data mined audio voice lines found in the game after the last update, it seems like the choice of the next two heroes is rather obvious. Ben has recently said that "Film" characters won't always necessarily take precedence over animated characters, and Dennis has said that there will be plenty of female heroes represented in the gamee...so it's safe to assume that we will get:

Ahsoka Tano
bd6jzeyacr36.jpeg

One of the most popular characters in all of Star Wars for the past 10 years, The Padawan, Ahsoka Tano who fought alongside ObiWan and Anakin, will make her Battlefront debut.
She'll probably have two skins. one with her Rebels (white light sabers) and her PRIMARY APPEARANCE with green sabers from the Clone Wars series.
x21v7dol9l9n.jpeg

Also a highly requested Clone Wars character, fellow double lightsaber user, natural counter (and Nemesis of Ahsoka) the Villain to be added is none other than...

VENTRESS
(+ additional skin)

fcpkcqb997id.jpeg
hxkcfebb92gx.png

HUNT MODE

Straying from the Coruscant motif for a moment, Ewok Hunt will finally start to expand and will become HUNT MODE. The first new Hunt Mode will be:

GEONOSIAN HUNT
c0l9q1277cj2.jpeg

GEONOSIAN HUNT Map—Geonosis (Catacombs)

Scenario: A squad of clones has been left behind to hold a Republic outpost following the Battle of Geonosis. But the natives are restless. Cut off from the rest of their forces, the clones must survive the darkness of the catacombs until help arrives.

This "Winter Update" will also be the one to bring in the fixes to the Clone armor for the 104th, 91st, and 327th cone legions as Ben has promised.
h7sh4uci770x.jpeg
703a8p97xmvg.png
fmofum4yd2kf.png

Lastly
3 Months after its debut in Multiplayer #soloplayersmatter will finally get what they've been waiting for. Arcade - "Conquest" Mode will arrive, along with some arcade changes that the community has long requested to be implemented.

Large Scale Objective Based Mode
texfe56wz7ar.jpeg

Finally, we'll have an Arcade Large-scale, 20v20 mode, with full access to all heroes, troops, reinforcements, vehicles, skins...and command posts to fight over. It won't be a carbon copy of the new Conquest mode—it won't feature the "Capital Ship Takedowns" but it will be what Arcade fans have been waiting for.

June-August of 2019 is up next and DICE is not done with the Clone Wars yet...
Check out Part 4 here https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/125623/the-road-ahead-part-4-june-august-2019
Post edited by Scoundrel on

Replies

• Is this all speculative?
  • Mostly, yes. I don't claim to have any inside information. Just having some fun. However, there is a bit of reading the tea leaves going on here. Parsing comments from the developers, putting bits and pieces together, and looking ahead to what we expect to be getting. I don't pretend to know that this is THE way things will go down.

I know that the track record for DICE releasing content hasn't been what one would call frequent. But From all I've heard, read, and understand, Geonosis is a MAJOR turning point for this game. The content drops are about to dramatically increase in frequency and quantity. Good things are on the way.

This is my interpretation of how things could go. Agree... Disagree... It's all good.

I'm hoping that the December Roadmap revelation blow the doors off of my theories and we see just how much we can look forward to.
  • You forgot Rex. There have been a substantial amount of hints.
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • You forgot Rex. There have been a substantial amount of hints.

didn't forget... just think he's further down the line.

• Scoundrel wrote: »
    You forgot Rex. There have been a substantial amount of hints.

Probably if hey don’t add him alongside the new season of TCW.

Who do you speculate to come with him?

Bane, perhaps?
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg

• Scoundrel wrote: »
    You forgot Rex. There have been a substantial amount of hints.

Probably if hey don’t add him alongside the new season of TCW.

Who do you speculate to come with him?

Bane, perhaps?

Cad Bane is a very likely possibility.
  • This would be amazing if true. Awesome ideas!
  • I love this! I’ve already spent more money in the last 2 months than the 10 before it, if we get this as the next content, I’m gonna have to drop other things in my life to afford everything!
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Are we ever going to get new weapons for this trash can of a DICE game?

Possibly. Also if we ever get new reinforcements or blaster heroes we’d get some there. Jango and Padme would both have new guns...
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif

Possibly. Also if we ever get new reinforcements or blaster heroes we’d get some there. Jango and Padme would both have new guns...

I absolutely think that we'll get new weapons sprinkled in throughout the year, as well as other additions like large maps (like Geonosis) cut up and used for HvV, Blast, Strike, Extraction, etc. Small stuff too like additional emotes, victory poses, and general skins (faces and races) for troopers. It's hard to predict everything, so I'm trying to get the big stuff out there.
  • Good stuff, but you made one error. All principle Jedi are most certainly not in the game. Mace Windu must be next.
  • Good stuff, but you made one error. All principle Jedi are most certainly not in the game. Mace Windu must be next.

Thanks! I don't disagree. Mace should be getting some love, and I think he will. But not yet. When I say principle Jedi I'm really talking about the central Jedi characters to the story being told in the Prequels. Anakin, ObiWan and Yoda are those central Jedi as far as story goes. QuiGon and to a lesser extent Mace Windu are important to the overall story, but not as much as the aforementioned three.

Also, community desire has a lot of weight in what comes next (to a point). A large segment of the community has been clamoring for Ahsoka and Ventree (much more than Mace) which is why I think they will happen here. Don't worry... I fully believe Mace is on the way.
  • Mace Windu is significantly more important than Qui-Gon Jin. He should have come before, or better, instead of Anakin, but we’re past that now. I agree that Ahsoka/Ventress would be great for this game. So would Rex/Bane. The one and only purple lightsaber in all of Star Wars needs to get in, and PT/CW content is incomplete until it does. It’s an utter failure if it doesn’t.

Mace Windu must be next.
  • No more Clown Wars please.
  • Mace Windu is significantly more important than Qui-Gon Jin. He should have come before, or better, instead of Anakin, but we’re past that now. I agree that Ahsoka/Ventress would be great for this game. So would Rex/Bane. The one and only purple lightsaber in all of Star Wars needs to get in, and PT/CW content is incomplete until it does. It’s an utter failure if it doesn’t.

Mace Windu must be next.

I think we'll get both Mace and QuiGon. I don't much care about the order as long a
    S we get them. They are both essential. But I'm curious... Would you value Rex or bane over Mace?

• - Coruscant
    - Jango and padme
    - Ashoka and ventress
    - Sentinel class
    based on hunts and date miners, this is what I believed we are getting for clone wars till June or July and then Ot and then ST
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    No more Clown Wars please.

PSN: BucksawBoushh

aqlf0elv4ule.gif
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif

62t666w1hpa8.gif
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • More clone wars content
  • I while back I posted a 10 part series I called "The Road Ahead." I thought I'd go ahead take a look at what I've mapped out and predicted to see what I got right, what I got wrong, and which bits of content I had correct but the timing was off... Obviously, always in motion is the future, but since we're almost in April now and have received some regular updates the timing is good:
    I don't count previously confirmed information. Just my own predictions

The Road Ahead — Part 3 (March/May)

This one is still up in the air with April and May still undecided. Although the upcoming ROADMAP may clear some things up. It see,s like I'm on the right track here... consider this:
    1. There are heavy rumors about Ahsoka and Ventress being the next two heroes in line and it would certainly make sense for them to be added in the next two months.
    2. The clone trooper appearance overhaul has already been done (and is amazing btw)
    3. CAPITAL SUPREMACY will indeed focus on COMMAND POSTS (5 per planet) which bodes well for an eventual implementation into ARCADE CONQUEST
    4. CAPITAL SUPREMACY has added IMPROVED AI UNITS to the multiplayer, which means if they can patrol and capture command posts online, they can do it offline in ARCADE as well and be the basis of that gamemode.

Timing is everything, and the Roadmap is still the key. But these are all very good signs. Maybe I hit on Coruscant as well. I'm thinking MAY as April seems too soon, but you never know.

Ben said he was way more excited for the content to come AFTER the chosen one and new game mode, so we shall see.

What Content I got 100% Correct
    TBD

What Content I got Correct but not the Timing.
    TBD

What Content I got Wrong
    TBD

• This sounds absolutely amazing. Coruscant is definately at the top of my list, right below the #1 spot: a large scale arcade mode.
  • Jesus Christ, I hope not. At this point just make an animated CW series video game. The PT/CW faction of the community has already untethered content that we needed for this game since launch to satisfy some undying craving for more CW content.

Most of us feel like we're getting bludgeoned to death with a CW Louisville Slugger.
  • xxx_billy_xxx
    191 posts Member
    edited March 23
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, I hope not. At this point just make an animated CW series video game. The PT/CW faction of the community has already untethered content that we needed for this game since launch to satisfy some undying craving for more CW content.

Most of us feel like we're getting bludgeoned to death with a CW Louisville Slugger.

No you are just part of a vocal minority on the forums

I hope they never add Rogue One content to the game but I'm afraid that is the next big thing after CW.

Along with OT skins and the offline mode (which I all like alot)

Don't get me wrong I hope you get your content... just after Coruscant.
  • Peepzilla
    867 posts Member
    edited March 23
    I've been on these forums since the first game came out, I know for a fact I am not the "minority" on changing gears past CW at this point. Look at the replies here and the other CW thread. People are done with it.

Even I was okay with switching gears to CW way back when, most were at some point, but enough is enough already.

Not sure why you wouldn't want content from Rogue One in the game, unless it's just an attempt to troll or you have something against great films, enthralling plots points and intriguing characters.
  • Zyder
    308 posts Member
    I would love to play in a Geonosian Factory
  • Peepzilla
    867 posts Member
    edited March 23
    I've been on these forums since the first game came out, I know for a fact I am not the "minority" on changing gears past CW at this point. Look at the replies here and the other CW thread. People are done with it.

Even I was okay with switching gears to CW way back when, most were at some point, but enough is enough already.

Not sure why you wouldn't want content from Rogue One in the game, unless it's just an attempt to troll or you have something against great films, enthralling plots points and intriguing characters.

I'll tell you why. Rogue One had bland characters with no character development whatsoever and a dull Mary Sue as the lead. Not interested in DICE adding a few unimportant guys and girls with guns from a less important Star Wars film when they could add planets from the main films. The "enthralling plot points" and the fact that it's a "great film" has no relevance in a videogame at all. Furthermore Scarif is an uninteresting beach that may aswell be a Battlefield map, just doesn't have that Star Wars feel to it. That is why.

Rogue One had some of the best character development and story arcs found in SW. Rey is the "mary sue" of the galaxy, but way to mix that up with Jyn Erso - who had very much a down and out story and DIED in the end. Not sure you know what Mary Sue means. But you also didn't know Darth Sidious was in the game already, so your judgements of the SW franchise are already taken with a grain of salt.

Scarif was a mind-blowing experience for most long-time SW fans as it took place in an ecosystem not yet seen in the films - seeing Storm/Shoretroopers on the beach was an amazing image and had some amazing war scenes.

You have a lot of very bad takes that apparently no one here agrees with. You're entitled to your bad opinions, though.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »

I'll tell you why. Rogue One had bland characters with no character development whatsoever and a dull Mary Sue as the lead. Not interested in DICE adding a few unimportant guys and girls with guns from a less important Star Wars film when they could add planets from the main films. The "enthralling plot points" and the fact that it's a "great film" has no relevance in a videogame at all. Furthermore Scarif is an uninteresting beach that may aswell be a Battlefield map, just doesn't have that Star Wars feel to it. That is why.

Rogue One had some of the best character development and story arcs found in SW. Rey is the "mary sue" of the galaxy, but way to mix that up with Jyn Erso - who had very much a down and out story and DIED in the end. Not sure you know what Mary Sue means. But you also didn't know Darth Sidious was in the game already, so your judgements of the SW franchise are already taken with a grain of salt.

Scarif was a mind-blowing experience for most long-time SW fans as it took place in an ecosystem not yet seen in the films - seeing Storm/Shoretroopers on the beach was an amazing image and had some amazing war scenes.

You have a lot of very bad takes that apparently no one here agrees with. You're entitled to your bad opinions, though.

Have we even watched the same film? If so, care to elaborate on how any of the characters have character development? You can't because none of them have any meaning. The film literally throws a bunch of characters at you and kills them off in a meaningless way without fleshing out any of them, none of the deaths had any emotional impact on me whatsoever.
    And that is exactly why Jyn is a Mary Sure. She literally is a strong female leader for the sake of being one. She's had one short scene showing her tough tough backstory and suddenly she is this strong purehearted heroine.

But someone that can't put two and two together and understand that I was talking about the younger Darth Sidious (not Emperor Palpatine) - who would have a completely different playstyle - probably won't be able to identify bad characters either so I am not suprised.

If you love beach battles good for you, I don't care that's just a matter of opinion - a word you don't seem to fully understand either. But don't mistake your opinion for the opinion of the other long-term SW fans and speak for yourself.
  • Zirius
    160 posts Member
    edited March 23
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    As Dennis stated, we are getting a "deep dive" into the Clone Wars (and prequel era)

Indeed, we got such a deep dive, tons of content, we are almost drowning.
  • Just to be clear, I do think that more OT content (and ST content) is coming. I just think that the current foray into PREQUEL content isn't over yet. I'm an OT fan and would love to see much more in the way of skins, maps like Scarif for both ground and space battles, and maps brought back from BF2015 to round out the OT. I've never been one to wish for clone wars content and ONLY Clone wars content. I don't much care in what order we get the content, just as long as we get it all.

I think there probably should be at least one more Prequel Era ground map added and that should be Coruscant. If there is time for another then as I've detailed in another post, I think Utupau is the other.

There are still a wealth of ST skins for OT characters, as well as the obligatory skins from Episode IX for ST heroes, plus the likely addition of ST heroes. There are at least six more heroes and villains from the Prequel Era that SHOULD be in the game. Another four SEQUEL heroes that should be there. Weapons, classic skins for OT heroes. Legendary skins for characters like KENOBI... And so much more.

I think we tend to get hung up on whatever content comes out next thinking that it's done in favor of other content. But the other content isn't getting ignored. And it shouldn't be ignored. We're just not there yet.
  • vBREEDv
    250 posts Member
    I love this thread but for Force Ghost Yodas sake can we get Windu over those characters!?? Windu would be such a cool addition into this game, imagine being on Genosis with Anakin, Obi-Wan, Windu, & Yoda
  • Peepzilla wrote: »

Have we even watched the same film? If so, care to elaborate on how any of the characters have character development? You can't because none of them have any meaning. The film literally throws a bunch of characters at you and kills them off in a meaningless way without fleshing out any of them, none of the deaths had any emotional impact on me whatsoever.
    And that is exactly why Jyn is a Mary Sure. She literally is a strong female leader for the sake of being one. She's had one short scene showing her tough tough backstory and suddenly she is this strong purehearted heroine.

But someone that can't put two and two together and understand that I was talking about the younger Darth Sidious (not Emperor Palpatine) - who would have a completely different playstyle - probably won't be able to identify bad characters either so I am not suprised.

If you love beach battles good for you, I don't care that's just a matter of opinion - a word you don't seem to fully understand either. But don't mistake your opinion for the opinion of the other long-term SW fans and speak for yourself.

You're 100% wrong and your opinion is terrible. Oh, and you still don't understand the usage of "Mary Sue."