criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Obi wan skin shouldn't be 40k credits

Clusterwatch
165 posts Member
edited November 2018
wiitbcz7x3h4.png

I REALLY like it,but paying 40k for it is a joke..It should be atleast the same price as yoda skin which is 20k credits..

Replies

• I do have enough for it,but 40k sure is insane for that
  • I'll wait for the next skin to decide which one to buy.
  • Clusterwatch
    165 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Good thinking..
    I think its the one where he has white armor on his torso
    I thik its called commander
  • But I really like it tho..
  • Good thinking..

Rumors say that the next appearance will be the General Kenobi from Clone Wars series.
    I'd really like an Old Ben Kenobi appearance, but there's no info about it.
  • Good thinking..

Rumors say that the next appearance will be the General Kenobi from Clone Wars series.
    "That's a name I've not heard in a long time"

• Good thinking..

General Kenobi (one from the CW series) comes with December update. I'm sure it will be legendary skin.
  • Good thinking..

"That's a name I've not heard in a long time"

Hahahaha
  • Unrelated:
    I’m thinking Anakin is going to get a light saber throw and a Force Push

If they ever consider adding him
  • DarthJ
    6329 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    RyanK388 wrote: »
    Unrelated:
    I’m thinking Anakin is going to get a light saber throw and a Force Push

If they ever consider adding him

I think it will be saber throw, some sort of rage/anger buff to make his attacks do more damage, and some form of choke (he did do this during his light side days). Maybe not an actual choke but similar to Maul's lift and throw.

Basically Vader's abilities with more maneuverability added to them....
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • I'm actually with you. Epic skins should be whole new outfits, like Rey's Ahch To skin or Lando's guard skin. They basically just said ok lets slap some robes on Obi Wan and make it an epic skin. I hardly see any difference between this and Yoda's hooded skin, and that's not epic. Should be rare.
    wiitbcz7x3h4.png

I REALLY like it,but paying 40k for it is a joke..It should be atleast the same price as yoda skin which is 20k credits..

Come on... While I agree that it feels more like a rare skin than an epic one... Yoda's skin only gave him a hood, so it is closer to Chewie's bandaged one than to this one.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • I'm actually with you. Epic skins should be whole new outfits, like Rey's Ahch To skin or Lando's guard skin. They basically just said ok lets slap some robes on Obi Wan and make it an epic skin. I hardly see any difference between this and Yoda's hooded skin, and that's not epic. Should be rare.

Makes sense...
  • Skins are optional.

You wont want to pay the credit price then you dont need them to play the game.

On a side note, does anybody that bought Grevious' battle damaged skin feel a little miffed at the new Grevious skin?

It's essentially a better battle damaged skin LOL
  • bfloo
    14747 posts Member
    greedo1980 wrote: »
    Skins are optional.

You wont want to pay the credit price then you dont need them to play the game.

On a side note, does anybody that bought Grevious' battle damaged skin feel a little miffed at the new Grevious skin?

It's essentially a better battle damaged skin LOL

The 80k price for it makes the robe for 40k debate here seem silly.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Chem0 wrote: »
    Good thinking..

General Kenobi (one from the CW series) comes with December update. I'm sure it will be legendary skin.

It was leaked to be 40k, which is on point and I don't have a clue why so many people are saying it should be legendary.

Legendaries are exclusively reserved for skins with new voice acting, profound changes, and/or brand new VFX.

General Kenobi is LITERALLY the default Obi-Wan head and voice on a different outfit.

I agree. I was shocked to find out Obi-Wan's robe was an epic as its just his default outfit with a robe on top (which to me denotes rare instead of epic).
  • TheScape wrote: »
    I'm actually with you. Epic skins should be whole new outfits, like Rey's Ahch To skin or Lando's guard skin. They basically just said ok lets slap some robes on Obi Wan and make it an epic skin. I hardly see any difference between this and Yoda's hooded skin, and that's not epic. Should be rare.
    wiitbcz7x3h4.png

Come on... While I agree that it feels more like a rare skin than an epic one... Yoda's skin only gave him a hood, so it is closer to Chewie's bandaged one than to this one.

But not just a hood, a robe that covered his whole body, similar to this one.
    I'm actually with you. Epic skins should be whole new outfits, like Rey's Ahch To skin or Lando's guard skin. They basically just said ok lets slap some robes on Obi Wan and make it an epic skin. I hardly see any difference between this and Yoda's hooded skin, and that's not epic. Should be rare.
    wiitbcz7x3h4.png

But... He already had his robe on his default skin. All they did was put his hood on. You can even see the hood with his default skin.
    TheScape wrote: »
    wiitbcz7x3h4.png

But... He already had his robe on his default skin. All they did was put his hood on. You can even see the hood with his default skin.

There is also a brown robe that he doesn't have default... anyway, this doesn't deserve to be an epic skin. Should be rare, and Grievous's skin should be epic.
  • 40k ain't much
  • I agree that 40K is too much, especially considering the clipping that happens when he runs with the robe. Thats just sloppy for something valued at $10
  • KarlosBandidos
    77 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    While i'll still happily pay 40k for it, I do agree it should be rare rather than epic.
    To make it epic they should have given him his AOTC mullet.
    09o4bfxs07fv.png

• Don't get the moaning here, its credits, if you play regularly then like most of us you should have more than you actually need, it isn't like you are spending hard earned cash, and if you are then more fool you.
    A couple of hours in game should pay for obi wan and his blanket skin.
  • jonci wrote: »
    Don't get the moaning here, its credits, if you play regularly then like most of us you should have more than you actually need, it isn't like you are spending hard earned cash, and if you are then more fool you.

In my case it is not moaning. I just think that the skin tiers sometimes are absurd. Some of the hero skins some to be lower tier than they should. Then you look at the trooper skins where each alien has its own unique voicelines and they cost the same as the new clone ones that only add the legion markings but they still cost the same. It feels like they don't have a clear pattern for some of the skin tiers.

I will buy the ones I want anyways, I am just saying that they probably should release some kind of guide/interview to better explain their decisions when choosing the tiers.
  • F8RGE
    548 posts EA Community Manager
    Chem0 wrote: »
    Good thinking..

It's not legendary.
  • bfloo
    14747 posts Member
    jonci wrote: »
    Don't get the moaning here, its credits, if you play regularly then like most of us you should have more than you actually need, it isn't like you are spending hard earned cash, and if you are then more fool you.

In my case it is not moaning. I just think that the skin tiers sometimes are absurd. Some of the hero skins some to be lower tier than they should. Then you look at the trooper skins where each alien has its own unique voicelines and they cost the same as the new clone ones that only add the legion markings but they still cost the same. It feels like they don't have a clear pattern for some of the skin tiers.

I will buy the ones I want anyways, I am just saying that they probably should release some kind of guide/interview to better explain their decisions when choosing the tiers.

They had a lot of demand for the cloan legions and could have charged whatever they wanted.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    jonci wrote: »

They had a lot of demand for the cloan legions and could have charged whatever they wanted.

Even if they came out and said that was the reason I would be ok with it. I am still free to buy them or not. But, sometimes I wonder if there really is a difference between some of the tiers. Or if we'll ever see an Uncommon skin. Or which are the priorities when creating skins (mostly for heroes). Sorry for the small rant.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Chem0 wrote: »
    Good thinking..

It's not legendary.

The Old Ben Kenobi appearance will be legendary, am I right or am I right?
    Hahahaha
  • awakespace
    1025 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Animating a robe to move naturally takes a lot of work - I understand that the robe itself is not seemingly that impressive, but the animation of it is actually a bunch harder than drawing static skins

Of course I haven't checked to see if the animations are any different than Palpatine's...

Just checked - obi's robe animations are completely different than palp's
  • Pretty silly to complaint about something that you believe should be 20K less expensive. You can earn 20k credits very quickly if you actually play the game for a short while. So earn it, or shell out real money to buy crystals if you want it but don’t feel like playing the game. It’s pretty simple.

Also many people have hundreds of thousands of credits so this is a non-issue for the most part.

• I didn't have a problem with the price of Obi-Wan in jedi robes.

I would say that the shattered armor grievous should not be legendary (unless it provides a new voice or something, I have not had the chance to check that).

But heck, I bought it anway.

I'm down to 40k in credits.

Guess it's time to get back to the daily credit-earning.
  • My main issue is the devs priced the skin at $10. Yes most of us will use our credits because we have a ton saved up, but the devs priced the skin at $10, that's its' value. For $10, that cloak should be animated properly like the rest of the characters and not be clipping like it currently does. If they fix it, I say $10 is fine, but in its current state it is not worth $10. That's my main point.
  • Good thinking..

Now old man Ben now that's a epic skin. This one um not so much.
  • FabioBastos
    532 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    Good thinking..

Now old man Ben now that's a epic skin. This one um not so much.

Ben (Walke, not the old Ben hehehe) just informed that the General Kenobi skin won't be legendary. It'll probably be epic, I guess.
    My guess is that an Old Ben skin would be legendary. It would be a fair classification.
  • Wow, some of these threads...
    This is another non-issue. Buy it or don’t, like it’s been said.
  • Im sitting on close to 500k yet there is not much to spend it on even with anakin and dooku I'm still left with change
  • Clusterwatch
    165 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Thanks, @EA_Lanna