criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

LEAKED Obi Wan (General Kenobi) Skin

Prev1
Source: instagram.com/swshriv

hhhodomjv157.jpeg

Replies

• That looks very badly made. It doesn't flow together whatsoever.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Aha! Just as I suspected. I’m skipping the Jedi robes and getting THIS skin.

I mean, “General Kenobi”. They literally said it would be a tribute to his time commanding the 212 Attack battalion!
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Axone
    419 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    It will happen, trust me. The cost for that legendary skin is probably 80,000 credits.
  • meshugene89
    3727 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Would've thought this would be Legendary, but I guess that will be Old Ben.
    Still, it looks great and I'm definitely getting this.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • A cartoon skin?
  • Not a skin that I’ll use, but I’ll unlock it. Old Ben is the main skin we need for Kenobi. Snubbed two games in a row would be ridiculous.

I’ve heard lots of whispers that it can’t happen until Alec Guiness’s Estate approves it.
  • Kissfan07 wrote: »
    A cartoon skin?

The previously released damaged Grievous skin is also a cartoon skin. And Leia's default skin is from a comic book. And Republic Y-Wings, Hyena-class bombers, B2-RP rocket droids, Ryloth, the Blurrg-1120, the DC-17, and many voices are from the cartoons.
    So, what was your point?

This
  • bfloo
    15956 posts Member
    Kissfan07 wrote: »
    A cartoon skin?

Get over yourself. Remember Boba Fett is originally a cartoon character.

At least we can be happy knowing the Holiday Special is represented.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Source: instagram.com/swshriv

hhhodomjv157.jpeg

This skin needs to be nerfed.

P.S. I dig it.
  • Raices
    1425 posts Member
    A cartoon skin over an Old Ben Skin....speechless.
  • He looks more like the stunt actor for Kenobi from the Clone Wars TV series than anything else.

It’s kinda funny
  • Raices wrote: »

You know, there's kind of a Clone Wars theme going on here. Maybe you haven't noticed? Maybe Old Ben wouldn't exactly fit this theme?
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts

I’m pretty certain that Sir Alec Guinness did some kind a legal thing to prevent his likeness from appearing in any kind of media again after Star Wars was over.

It’s not common knowledge but everyone keeps harping over adding old Ben that they don’t pay attention to legal things and stuff of that nature, I mean I watched the Empire of Dreams documentary for Star Wars the original trilogy.

Sir Alec Guinness didn’t have a high opinion of a silly space movie. He didn’t really think very highly of it.
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »

I’m pretty certain that Sir Alec Guinness did some kind a legal thing to prevent his likeness from appearing in any kind of media again after Star Wars was over.

It’s not common knowledge but everyone keeps harping over adding old Ben that they don’t pay attention to legal things and stuff of that nature, I mean I watched the Empire of Dreams documentary for Star Wars the original trilogy.

Sir Alec Guinness didn’t have a high opinion of a silly space movie. He didn’t really think very highly of it.

Silly space movie?

*laughter*
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • 1qdx9np102o0.jpeg
    Yuck

60rsf9nkg8k2.jpeg
    Even younger Obiwan ain’t feeling it.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • GiantSlayerBF2
    2055 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Piscettios wrote: »
    1qdx9np102o0.jpeg
    Yuck

60rsf9nkg8k2.jpeg
    Even younger Obiwan ain’t feeling it.

I kinda felt like saying that but I was worried I would get attacked
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Grievous isn't getting green cape according to some one here, which is totally stupid, and means this will probably be the last skin we get for him. Pathetic. I'd even take a 2003 cartoon throwback at this rate. They're also releasing these skins way too slow, not enough at once, and some that are really bad in quality. People also earn the credits to just buy them outright without needing crystals because they take so long to release or hold out on skins they actually want to buy. Is Dice just signaling that they're just giving up on the monetization model here??? Thats what it seems like.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Raices
    1425 posts Member
    edited November 2018

You know, there's kind of a Clone Wars theme going on here. Maybe you haven't noticed? Maybe Old Ben wouldn't exactly fit this theme?

But why spend time and resources on this skin(that not every SW fan recognizes), while there're multiple requested skins that haven't arrived, it's a waste of time and resources imo. This new grievous skin is another waste of time and resources, and for the record, i love PT era.
    aint that the truth, old hooded Ben is a must have
  • bfloo
    15956 posts Member
    RyanK388 wrote: »

That was the excuse in the 1st game, then it changed to to similar to Luke
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

But why spend time and resources on this skin(that not every SW fan recognizes), while there're multiple requested skins that haven't arrived, it's a waste of time and resources imo. This new grievous skin is another waste of time and resources, and for the record, i love PT era.

A Lot of people would instantly recognize that skin. Even people who haven’t seen the show have seen it on a poster somewere
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • I love it!!!
  • Clearly Sir Alec hated every moment of being in the movie.

ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • DarthJ
    6761 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Not liking that skin. It just doesnt look right for some reason. I liked watching TCW but was never a fan of the armoured look.

Would rather have seen Old Ben, Jedi Knight Obi-Wan and his beautiful mullet, or Padawan Obi-Wan.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • I’ll use his cloaked skin over this one. Obi will stay cloaked until the most iconic of all Obi’s is added.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • It's horrible. I don't like it.

1bfioawlu399.png

Well there's an informed opinion.
    cqyUOW4.gif
    My Concepts

cqyUOW4.gif

How informed does he need to be? He simply doesn’t like the skin :D
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Not a skin that I’ll use, but I’ll unlock it. Old Ben is the main skin we need for Kenobi. Snubbed two games in a row would be ridiculous.

I’ve heard lots of whispers that it can’t happen until Alec Guiness’s Estate approves it.

Plus he's too similar to Luke™

Old Luke? I'd rather see that to be honest, especially if Mark Hamill does it, which there's a good chance he would. I love Old Ben and ANH, but I'd like to see more old luke - not praising ST, but Mark's acting was great.
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif

Wait, EVERY SW fan has to recognize skins now??
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Love it, will be buying with real money
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif

How do you know they haven't been doing other skins? Have you spoken to DICE employees? Have you seen what they've been working on?
    They may very well have been, and continue to be, working on all sorts of skins for different characters, but why would they make and release an ANH Luke, or Old Ben, or battle damaged Vader during a Clone Wars themed release? Making skins for characters related to the Clone Wars, especially characters that are new arrivals, is most definitely a valuable use of time and resources because it fits in with the theme.
    If they were to have a Rogue One season next, I don't want them releasing a new skin for Anakin, or Maul, or Rey, or Finn, or even and Old Luke skin because these don't fit with the theme of the season. Instead, I'd like to see skins for Jyn and Krennic because those would match the theme. Similarly, if it was an overall OT season with Rogue One and maps from BF2015 being brought back, I'd like to see ANH skins, Old Ben, Bespin Luke, and so on because that fits well with the content being released.
    My Concepts
  • hsf_
    1911 posts Member
    I’ll use his cloaked skin over this one. Obi will stay cloaked until the most iconic of all Obi’s is added.

STAR-WARS-1540189.png?r=1538744078130

This one?
  • hsf_ wrote: »
    I’ll use his cloaked skin over this one. Obi will stay cloaked until the most iconic of all Obi’s is added.

This one?

I wish.
  • hsf_
    1911 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    hsf_ wrote: »

This one?

I wish.

Haha xD

"An Elite ally has joined the battlefield!"
    "Wait, it's just a robe on the floor!?!"
  • Eye candy <3
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • JMaster
    2271 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Hmm... *Obi-Wan stroking beard gesture*
    Something's off to me. Maybe it's the image quality, maybe it's seeing an animated outfit in realistic Battlefront, I dunno. The gorget looks weirdest I think. That said, I do like it, and I love this outfit overall, especially the armored- well, arms- and the shins.
    But please DICE. Give us an A New Hope skin drop soon not long after this. Princess Leia, Scoundrel Han sans Beard, Farmboy/Pilot/Celebration Jacket Luke, and OLD BEN. I'd pay with my own money, I swear.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • That aint it chief
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I personally hope we see his skins from Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones as well as his Ben appearance. Obi-Wan from Padawan to wise old guide would be awesome.

cqyUOW4.gif

How informed does he need to be? He simply doesn’t like the skin :D

qhjed5e6qwng.png
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Nice.

I look forward to a spirit force/ghost Obi Wan “skin”
  • Jallerman7
    137 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    That aint it chief

Oh its real m8. There are vidoes of it on instagram in motion with audio doing the emotes
  • Can't wait. Hope we get the season 3 version too someday
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    That aint it chief

There's LITERALLY videos of it in motion doing an emote and everything. It's legit, though they still have a couple of weeks to edit it as they see fit.