criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

So if Grievous's New Legendary Skin Doesn't Have New Voice Lines, Shouldn't it be Epic?

MyLittleGreenFriend
2240 posts Member
edited November 29
Legendary skins are supposed to have new voice lines but I haven't heard of any for Grievous's Shattered Armour appearance.
jexdw69dwod3.png
Post edited by MyLittleGreenFriend on

Replies

• Because if it doesn't, the devs will be breaking their own rule...
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Hopefully..
  • My guess is that his voice will be more “cracked” and his cough worse

But that isn't new lines...
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • According to BF updates, no new lines, just new vfx effects

But that isn't new lines...
    Yes but the “voice acting” is different which is the other stipulation they placed on legendary skins
  • AuraStorm wrote: »
    According to BF updates, no new lines, just new vfx effects

I could definitely be wrong. We won’t know for certain until it launches.

Ok so that officially breaks DICE's rule that every legendary skin has to have new voice lines.
    jexdw69dwod3.png

Ok so that officially breaks DICE's rule that every legendary skin has to have new voice lines.

I'm curious. When did they say that?

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • That was back in April.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    That was back in April.

They must have forgotten.

Either way, it doesn't look like a legendary skin to me, with or without new lines.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    That was back in April.

They must have forgotten.

Either way, it doesn't look like a legendary skin to me, with or without new lines.

They have to change it to epic.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Can you make a statement on this @F8RGE ?
    jexdw69dwod3.png

"Other things" will not necessarily include voice lines, I understand. In this case, it included animated FX. That's my interpretation.

"Other things" will not necessarily include voice lines, I understand. In this case, it included animated FX. That's my interpretation.

I understand it as, "Legendary skins will add other things, including new voice lines"
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Supino wrote: »
    How can you understand "including new voice lines" if it was written "SUCH as new voice lines"?

Good question.
    Anyway, I'm a bit disappointed with that legendary Grievous' appearance.
    A cape, even one the shattered armor, would make a difference.
  • Battle Damaged(er) Grievous will have a muffled(er) voice. I know there's the "animation" issue, but I would still have liked a Grievous caped skin over any amount of battle damage.

Still confused as to why they're spending development making up Grievous skins when we've got the likes of Luke sitting here with ONE skin (which was in the last game).
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Can we get a commander Nefarious skin? Maybe Captain I'm a Bad Guy or Admiral Bone To Pick?

Seriously tho more silly bandaid options for this clown when Luke has literally one skin among maybe a dozen from the 5 movie's he's in? (Hoth, the default isn't his RotJ apperance, or both hands wouldn't be gloved)

Seems a bit low effort by comparison to put even more scuffmarks on the reptile's robot costume but but meh
  • Can we get a commander Nefarious skin? Maybe Captain I'm a Bad Guy or Admiral Bone To Pick?

Seriously tho more silly bandaid options for this clown when Luke has literally one skin among maybe a dozen from the 5 movie's he's in? (Hoth, the default isn't his RotJ apperance, or both hands wouldn't be gloved)

Seems a bit low effort by comparison to put even more scuffmarks on the reptile's robot costume but but meh

I
    AuraStorm wrote: »

I was expecting more from this appearance.
    I really prefer Grievous with his cape.
    How can you understand "including new voice lines" if it was written "SUCH as new voice lines"?

Because such as can be interpreted in a few ways. If I said, "Emperor Palpatine has many force powers, such as force lightning and force choke" that means including. So you see, such as can mean including.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Do we know if his eyes burn up and explode into flames when he dies?

Because such as can be interpreted in a few ways. If I said, "Emperor Palpatine has many force powers, such as force lightning and force choke" that means including. So you see, such as can mean including.

But, do you acknowledge that it can also be used to cite examples? If so, he wasn't wrong, you just misinterpreted his words. I agree that I also interpreted it that way (and I was a bit disappointed), but it is what it is.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Supino wrote: »

But, do you acknowledge that it can also be used to cite examples? If so, he wasn't wrong, you just misinterpreted his words. I agree that I also interpreted it that way (and I was a bit disappointed), but it is what it is.

Of course. I know that it can be used in different ways, but he was saying that his interpretation is the only interpretation that is correct and that isn't the case.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Yeah the shattered skin is overpriced. I’m saving my credits for General Kenobi.

Ahem, that's Major Badguy! :D
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Yeah, I'm definitely just sticking with regular undamaged Grievous. I already spent credits on the first damaged Grievous that I never use. Give me a regular Grievous with his cape and I'll be content with him.
  • Spergicide wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm definitely just sticking with regular undamaged Grievous. I already spent credits on the first damaged Grievous that I never use. Give me a regular Grievous with his cape and I'll be content with him.

Same boat, except I do use the damaged Grievous haha. I would have bought the caped version, but don't really have an interest in this one.
  • Spergicide wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm definitely just sticking with regular undamaged Grievous. I already spent credits on the first damaged Grievous that I never use. Give me a regular Grievous with his cape and I'll be content with him.

Same boat, except I do use the damaged Grievous haha. I would have bought the caped version, but don't really have an interest in this one.

This.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Bump cause still relevant. Why isn't this epic?
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Alright I edited the title.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • CarapaceonMenace
    1599 posts Member
    edited November 29
    Just a heads up but we're probably not getting caped Grievous.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • KrolJulian1916
    1061 posts Member
    edited November 30
    It's still Bandaged Chewie evolution lol. I love the update through.
  • I guess it’s because he’s somewhat on fire. The constant smoldering effects seem above epic to me as far as skins go. I’d expect the same if we can ever get battle damaged Vader
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • Due to how amazing it looks I would say legendary.
  • WildSpace wrote: »
    I guess it’s because he’s somewhat on fire. The constant smoldering effects seem above epic to me as far as skins go. I’d expect the same if we can ever get battle damaged Vader

This is the reason I see for it. No other skin has special VFX. They even show in the EoR screen. There is smoke coming out from Grievous and it gives a cool "foggy" effect.

Because PT content is sorely lacking, remember? At least that's why I keep seeing on here. The OT has too much representation already and another Luke skin might just tip the boat......

I'm being sarcastic, but seriously anything new has been PT for a while now. When was the last time a skin was released for anything other than different markings on clones and the PT heroes?

I am kinda done with all these clone battalion skins. Those shouldn't be 20k. More like 10 or 5. They are getting boring. Give us some new alien races or something that can be used in more than one faction.
  • It's not legendary imo definitely not worth 80k, 40k+ at most
  • hsf_
    1233 posts Member
    edited November 30

Just because he said "voice lines" doesn't mean that's all that it takes.
    People need to read the whole thing, not just the part they think is relevant.
  • It was originally epic according to the video with Dooku’s saber
    bpf729ygb9ll.jpeg

Probably changed to legendary to drain your credits. They bumped Chewie’s goggles skin from rare to epic too
    PSN - Gingertom_ add me if you feel like it

i hate this game why am i here

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • That was 80k down the drain for me. Lol