criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

STONE #3 Luke Skywalker needs improved appearance and new skins!!!

KOCMOC
33 posts Member
edited January 21
Hi Guys,

I believe developers must pay attention to Luke's in-game appearance.
Luke's Skywalker in-game appearence is terrible. Literally he looks like a junkie. He definitely needs improved appearance and new skins!!!

Let's take a look on original Luke appearance - this is not even close in comparison to what we have in this game

piuglnsvhfb0.png
0a232vu91o9b.png
eitscp4rvvgv.png

We remembered him as bright, open-hearted hero with kind spirit and shiny smile!

Who is this? a vampire??

50cati82xvti.png

... rebuild this terrible vampire face, stance, posture!

What a shame ! EA/Dice/Whatever ! One of the most important characters/heroes have only 2 skins available!!!

Grievous who has arrived in this game couple weeks ago already has 3 skins!

We need at least 1 new skin for a Jedi

Guys don't forget to hit LIKE button if you feel that you are agree!
lasers were red - not blue !!!
Post edited by KOCMOC on

Replies

• Yes, I partially agree, about additional skins for Luke, but in last picture there is Luke from Return of The Jedi, he was older and also he looked different in that movie. I think recreation is good, but not perfectly accurate and it can't be, unless there is real Mark Hamill or Industrial Light and Magic involved.
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    I’d like an Endor Luke
    A Pilot Luke
    a jabbas palace robed Luke
    And A Bespin Luke

200% AGREE
  • He looks like that because he's older that's why lol. Remember this takes place after ANH.
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    Yes, I partially agree, about additional skins for Luke, but in last picture there is Luke from Return of The Jedi, he was older and also he looked different in that movie. I think recreation is good, but not perfectly accurate and it can't be, unless there is real Mark Hamill or Industrial Light and Magic involved.

I really like this game and think it deserve to be better!
  • If Han has his Young scrub appearance and Lando has a trendy (Disco) hipster Gambling man appearance, why can’t Luke have a master Robed appearance from ROTJ
  • KOCMOC
    33 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    He looks like that because he's older that's why lol. Remember this takes place after ANH.

Grown up heroes shoudn't brake unique SW atmothphere, we all know Luke Skywalker as open hearted bright man with kind spirit and shining smile!
  • RyanK388 absolutely agrree with you! We must have it !
  • JediJulius
    387 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    KOCMOC wrote: »
    He looks like that because he's older that's why lol. Remember this takes place after ANH.

Grown up heroes shoudn't brake unique SW atmothphere, we all know Luke Skywalker as open hearted bright man with kind spirit and shining smile!

Why would Luke be grinning as he dashes out into the field slaughtering Stormtroopers? Why does him looking like RotJ break SW atmosphere?

Why are you getting so worked up about a fictional character?
  • Billkwando
    1230 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Hi Guys,

Luke's Skywalker in-game appearence is terrible. He definitely needs improved appearance and new skins!!!

Let's take a look on original Luke appearance - it is not even close in comparison to what we have in this game

piuglnsvhfb0.png
    0a232vu91o9b.png
    eitscp4rvvgv.png

We remembered him as bright, open-hearted hero with kind spirit and shiny smile!

Who is this? a vampire??

50cati82xvti.png

What a shame ! EA/Dice/Whatever ! One of the most important characters/heroes have only 2 skins available!!!

We need at least 1 new Robed skin for a Jedi

You might be going a little overboard, but I totally agree about Luke's face.

50cati82xvti.png

2012-05-04-jedi_luke_balcony.jpg

Luke-Skylwalker-VI-e1412670840457.jpg

The game rendition of him looks overly angular. I've always said it looks like a comic book version of Luke, rather than like Hamill.

It looks closer to this guy than Hamill in the 80's:

star-wars-luke-1.png

It's the eyes, mostly...but I was rotating Luke in the character viewer, just last night (yes it does bug me, lol) thinking that his profile doesn't exactly look right either.

None of the other faces bother me (maybe Leia, a little) but I really wish they would consider giving Luke a little retooling. Kylo and Finn look fantastic. Lando's good, and Chewie is spot on. :p

Luke though.... Whether it's his face, his skins, or his weak and glitchy force moves, it seems like Luke Skywalker, THE main character of the entire series, always seems to get the short end of the stick in this game.

On the bright side, he looks way more like Luke than my 80's Kenner action figures did! .....but that's a pretty low bar.
    Post edited by Billkwando on
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • KOCMOC
    33 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    JediJulius wrote: »

Why would Luke be grinning as he dashes out into the field slaughtering Stormtroopers? Why does him looking like RotJ break SW atmosphere?

injustice man, it drives me nuts, fictional injustice even more
  • KOCMOC wrote: »
    JediJulius wrote: »

injustice man, it drives me nuts, fictional injustice even more

hqdefault.jpg

More like inaccuracy, but ok.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Luke need better new better skin, new better appearance, and a solid buff.
  • Definitely Want New Luke Skins. Maybe Farmboy, Pilot, Bespin, Endor, Hooded (ROTJ), And Old Luke.
  • KOCMOC wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Luke's Skywalker in-game appearence is terrible. He definitely needs improved appearance and new skins!!!

Let's take a look on original Luke appearance - it is not even close in comparison to what we have in this game

piuglnsvhfb0.png
    0a232vu91o9b.png
    eitscp4rvvgv.png

Who is this? a vampire??

50cati82xvti.png

I think you are right. But something to consider is the young Luke from ANH was naive about a great many things. And didn't know how life really was yet. And especially did not know that Darth Vader was his real father.

To me that face they used looks like the few seconds or minutes on ROTJ right after Vader says "If you will not be turned to the darkside.......then perhaps she will." And he screams 'DARRRRRRRRRTH!!!!!!" and you get to see this raging Luke go after Vader in their final lightsaber fight.

I think the aggressive Luke voices in the game do a good job of reflecting the film Luke during a fight. But I also thought the single player of Battlefront 2 (2017) did a great job of portraying Luke as he was in the original trilogy, even more so than The Last Jedi did.

• Billkwando wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

piuglnsvhfb0.png
    0a232vu91o9b.png
    eitscp4rvvgv.png

Who is this? a vampire??

50cati82xvti.png

You might be going a little overboard, but I totally agree about Luke's face.

50cati82xvti.png

2012-05-04-jedi_luke_balcony.jpg

Luke-Skylwalker-VI-e1412670840457.jpg

The game rendition of him looks overly angular. I've always said it looks like a comic book version of Luke, rather than like Hamill.

It looks closer to this guy than Hamill in the 80's:

star-wars-luke-1.png

It's the eyes, mostly...but I was rotating Luke in the character viewer, just last night (yes it does bug me, lol) thinking that his profile doesn't exactly look right either.

None of the other faces bother me (maybe Leia, a little) but I really wish they would consider giving Luke a little retooling. Kylo and Finn look fantastic. Lando's good, and Chewie is spot on. :p

Luke though.... Whether it's his face, his skins, or his weak and glitchy force moves, it seems like Luke Skywalker, THE main character of the entire series, always seems to get the short end of the stick in this game.

On the bright side, he looks way more like Luke than my 80's Kenner action figures did! .....but that's a pretty low bar.

The way you said comic reminds me of something I noticed awhile back. About how angry comic book hero's and heroines are usually drawn. With that mad grimace on their face all the time. Can you imagine if we all walked around like that all the time? There is actually a few articles out there about how that screaming and yelling increase your power and strength. Though I don't know if I believe that, here is one. -https://www.outsideonline.com/2190461/why-you-should-curse-and-scream
  • Id rather they fix his melee, abilities, and give a damage buff (he's does crap damage to heroes) then appearances
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • This is a must have for me, rYqHCAJ.jpg

plus Bespin, dagobah training, and the black robes at the end of Last Jedi (even though Im not a big fan of that episode)
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Let's buff his damage to villains first to make him feel like he earned such glorious skins
  • Would really like too see this as a Luke skin:

e4kcoysw0q9l.jpg
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    Yes, I partially agree, about additional skins for Luke, but in last picture there is Luke from Return of The Jedi, he was older and also he looked different in that movie. I think recreation is good, but not perfectly accurate and it can't be, unless there is real Mark Hamill or Industrial Light and Magic involved.

Yea I think his face looks pretty good. But he does need more appearances
  • Billkwando
    1230 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Laser921 wrote: »
    Id rather they fix his melee, abilities, and give a damage buff (he's does crap damage to heroes) then appearances

Totally different people. Like people who scream about skins coming out "when they should be fixing bugs". The art department can't fix bugs, but they can make skins and fix character models. You wouldn't ask a house painter to fix a hole in your roof.

...but yes, I would like to see those fixes too. :)
    ZI7BNkU.gif