criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I Think I Found Obi Wan's Saber Damage! (It's High, It's Very High)

At 2:28 Riva strikes a droid and gets 13 points for doing it. Since troopers get 10x more BP than heroes and troopers get one point for every point of damage, Obi Wan should have 130 damage from the front, on par with Grievous. I will try to find a clip from the back as well.
jexdw69dwod3.png

Replies

• At 2:28 Riva strikes a droid and gets 13 points for doing it. Since troopers get 10x more BP than heroes and troopers get one point for every point of damage, Obi Wan should have 130 damage from the front, on par with Grievous. I will try to find a clip from the back as well.

I hope this isn't the case, it would make Luke and Yoda even more worthless picks in HvV.
  • Also I should say that this could be different than he will play in game, but at the game capture event it was 130.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Raices wrote: »

At 2:28 Riva strikes a droid and gets 13 points for doing it. Since troopers get 10x more BP than heroes and troopers get one point for every point of damage, Obi Wan should have 130 damage from the front, on par with Grievous. I will try to find a clip from the back as well.

I hope this isn't the case, it would make Luke and Yoda even more worthless picks in HvV.

Oh they better both be getting buffs.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • I hope he's really over the top powerful to make HvV more balanced as dark side seems to stomp most of the time

Oh they better both be getting buffs.

It's getting really annoying waiting for it.
  • He seems to have a swing speed that's faster than Luke and may be on par with Rey, so that would mean he's another jedi stronger than him, while Yoda also needs some kind of buff against villains as well.

Luke & yoda aren't worthless in HvV

Middle of the pack=worthless

Lando,Han,Chewie,Rey are better picks(all of them deal a lot more dmg), so middle of the pack. Against elite players you don't pick middle of the pack characters, search your feelings you know is the thruth.
    Raices wrote: »

Lando,Han,Chewie,Rey are better picks(all of them deal a lot more dmg), so middle of the pack. Against elite players you don't pick middle of the pack characters, search your feelings you know is the thruth.

Completely right. There will always be better choices than Luke and Yoda, which means they are never the best choice (except on maps where you can push people off).
    jexdw69dwod3.png

Yoda is pretty beastly in HvV he just requires a huge amount of focus. Most people myself dont wanna try that hard though

Yoda is pretty beastly in HvV he just requires a huge amount of focus. Most people myself dont wanna try that hard though

But there are four heroes far better than him (soon to be five) so he is never the best choice.
    jexdw69dwod3.png

But there are four heroes far better than him (soon to be five) so he is never the best choice.

you would never win a 1vs1 when fighting some of the players I know if they used Yoda outside of maybe if you had Vader. when in a team fighting situation it might be different but I would give Yoda a bit more respect and some people might not be good with Luke but if I fight you with Luke you would respect him as well. honestly I think all characters have there uses depending on the situation and how good someone is with a character.
  • Good. We need some proper tanks for the Lightsaide (with Mace and a base health buff to Chewie as my other picks). Hopefully Luke can see some improvements to his saber damage as well.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • unit900000 wrote: »

you would never win a 1vs1 when fighting some of the players I know if they used Yoda outside of maybe if you had Vader. when in a team fighting situation it might be different but I would give Yoda a bit more respect and some people might not be good with Luke but if I fight you with Luke you would respect him as well. honestly I think all characters have there uses depending on the situation and how good someone is with a character.

Well i agree that in a Hero Showdown(straight 1v1) Yoda can beat anyone except Vader and a very good Palps, but in HvV is a diferent story(ttk is very important), his ttk is very poor to compete. Btw. Yoda is my fav LS hero, i know how to use him in every scenario.
  • No nerf to Obiwan PLEASE. Need someone to go head-to-head against Vader.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    Good. We need some proper tanks for the Lightsaide (with Mace and a base health buff to Chewie as my other picks). Hopefully Luke can see some improvements to his saber damage as well.

Yes please, some tweaking on his saber damage (increased), and more base damage reduction when using rush and maybe some more damage on his push, and will be at last the Great Hero he deserves to be.

And if just his abilities work properly...
  • Axone
    298 posts Member
    edited November 27
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    JMaster wrote: »
    Good. We need some proper tanks for the Lightsaide (with Mace and a base health buff to Chewie as my other picks). Hopefully Luke can see some improvements to his saber damage as well.

Yes please, some tweaking on his saber damage (increased), and more base damage reduction when using rush and maybe some more damage on his push, and will be at last the Great Hero he deserves to be.

And if just his abilities work properly...

Don't forget buff the dmg on repulse for Luke.
  • This information regarding a Luke buff most likely needs to be passed on to Ben if we expect to get Guillame's attention, lest we wait a little less than a year for changes, such as with the months and months of discussion surrounding a nerf to Chewbacca that just now made it into patch notes
  • Drectuss
    19 posts Member
    edited November 27
    As for Obi-Wan, I think it's great that we have a saber user with competitive saber damage, I just think that this will potentially make Luke feel more underwhelming by comparison, to which buffs are needed and have been necessary for quite some time now in regards to damage against villains.
    Post edited by Drectuss on
  • Can we please play Obi-Wan for a couple of weeks before asking for nerfs or buffs?
  • Can we please play Obi-Wan for a couple of weeks before asking for nerfs or buffs?

He wasn't asking for nerfs actually he's quite pleased if you took the time to read

I never asked for a nerf.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    Can we please play Obi-Wan for a couple of weeks before asking for nerfs or buffs?

Nope
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Can we please play Obi-Wan for a couple of weeks before asking for nerfs or buffs?

Nope

Please show me where I asked for a nerf.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • bfloo wrote: »

Nope

Me and MyLittleGreenFriend will destroy anyone who ask for Obiwan nerf.

• bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Nope

Never said you did.

He asked if we could play him for a few weeks before, but we all know there will be nerf and buff threads all over the forum tomorrow.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I think I found his health regen too - a clip from Star Wars HQ they had Obi and he lost 364 health and regained ALL of it with the regen card at Epic level

Which means I think his base regen is 300 and with the card at Epic its 400 regen
    THAT IS INSANE.
  • Called it.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Drectuss wrote: »
    This information regarding a Luke buff most likely needs to be passed on to Ben if we expect to get Guillame's attention, lest we wait a little less than a year for changes, such as with the months and months of discussion surrounding a nerf to Chewbacca that just now made it into patch notes

What exactly do you want us to do? Many people have been asking for this for a long time now, both here and on reddit, with no acknowledgment. We honestly have to get as loud as people were over Chewbacca to see a result?
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Called it.

I was going to say, highly impressive that you worked all of this out off your own back before the data was officially available. You were essentially spot on in all of it, so hats off to you man, very well done.
  • Ciena_Ree wrote: »
    Called it.

I was going to say, highly impressive that you worked all of this out off your own back before the data was officially available. You were essentially spot on in all of it, so hats off to you man, very well done.

:)
    jexdw69dwod3.png