criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Does anyone know why BF2 stutters and BFV doesn't?

Been always curious about this, since its BF2 launch its always stuttered on consoles (specifically PS4 and i'm sure its happening on other devices). Recently i've been playing Battlefield V and it runs like a charm most of the time. Is it just resources in BF2 that is causing all these stuttering problems? I know the stutter was addressed sometime early in the year but it still doesn it a lot but not as bad as before. Any thoughts? Battlefront 1 ran so great, just wanted that same experience with this one. On a high note can't wait for tomorrow!

Replies

• different dev teams is the issue most likely.
  • bfloo
    15020 posts Member
    They fixed a few of my frostbite gripes in bfv.

One thing I noticed in bfv is I didn't get stuck on every pebble.

I think graphics are turned down a notch as well, but I only tried the beta and preview
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• My guess is because of server change from the last game. They may have upgraded the graphics but downgraded the server to accommodate this. BF1 was such smooth experience. I miss those days.
    gctn47nz145u.png

I keep changing this for whatever reason but ehh...It can stay like this I suppose.
  • Alex64
    7036 posts Member
    One netcodes bad.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2295 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    bfloo wrote: »

I think graphics are turned down a notch as well, but I only tried the beta and preview

No kiddin right, I’ve not seen another game where it feels like I could literally get stuck in the air if I tried like battlefront 2. Better yet is all the perfectly placed random items in every place of cover on every map to get you stuck on:
  • I bought Battlefront 2 EA about 5 days ago, and the first thing I noticed was that soldier movements and animations look a lot less smooth and polished than Battlefront EA. Except for the rolls, they improved a lot.

I was wondering if it was the netcode that makes the game somehow stutter or that it's just the game.
  • bfloo
    15020 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

No kiddin right, I’ve not seen another game where it feels like I could literally get stuck in the air if I tried like battlefront 2. Better yet is all the perfectly placed random items in every place of cover on every map to get you stuck on:

I had the same issues in Battlefield1 and the 15 game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• The Resolution in BFV ps4 is turned down ?