criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Officer changes are most welcome, just get rid of kill assist points gained through Command cards

2Next

Replies

  • d0kRX wrote: »
    d0kRX wrote: »
    Doing something for nothing? Uh, since when did buffing players become doing nothing? Oh and don't answer me because I know I can't change your mind. Cheers.

    Points are already given when you buff allies, which is fine and how it should be. You shouldn't then continue to receive kill assist points each time those buffed allies get kills. You want kill assist points, actually go out and shoot players. Couldn't be simpler to understand.

    Haha you're hilarious, even though I know I can't possibly change your mind, it's not that simple. All the buffs give you points when you use them but then the effects of the buff takes a little bit of time, and if that player benefits from your buffs effects then why not give assist points. Or if you'd rather, let's just remove buffs altogether, because the whole class shouldn't even exist if you don't like buffs.

    Actually Yoda's and Boba's buffs do not. I have no problem with giving an officer a kill assist for helping a teammate, what I don't agree with is an officer buffing, shooting and even registering a kill, while also receiving a kill assist as well.

    Kill an assist for the same enemy? That actually sounds like a bug and it should be fixed. If you mean killing somebody and the buffed player killing somebody else... How is it any different from getting an assist for anything else (Scan Dart, Shock Grenade, Death Trooper's grenade, etc.) while killing another player?
  • TheScape wrote: »
    d0kRX wrote: »
    d0kRX wrote: »
    Doing something for nothing? Uh, since when did buffing players become doing nothing? Oh and don't answer me because I know I can't change your mind. Cheers.

    Points are already given when you buff allies, which is fine and how it should be. You shouldn't then continue to receive kill assist points each time those buffed allies get kills. You want kill assist points, actually go out and shoot players. Couldn't be simpler to understand.

    Haha you're hilarious, even though I know I can't possibly change your mind, it's not that simple. All the buffs give you points when you use them but then the effects of the buff takes a little bit of time, and if that player benefits from your buffs effects then why not give assist points. Or if you'd rather, let's just remove buffs altogether, because the whole class shouldn't even exist if you don't like buffs.

    Actually Yoda's and Boba's buffs do not. I have no problem with giving an officer a kill assist for helping a teammate, what I don't agree with is an officer buffing, shooting and even registering a kill, while also receiving a kill assist as well.

    Kill an assist for the same enemy? That actually sounds like a bug and it should be fixed. If you mean killing somebody and the buffed player killing somebody else... How is it any different from getting an assist for anything else (Scan Dart, Shock Grenade, Death Trooper's grenade, etc.) while killing another player?

    Its an extremely rare occurrence when all the stars align, and when they do and you get a couple kills in the mix, you should be able to spawn in as a Hero at the start of the game. Its fun, all I see are more attempted artificial barriers to prevent that from happening. No more, again, if bps is an issue improve the other classes builds. They have cards that sacrifice offense for team play, the pay out just isn't as large as officer, or as directly helpful.

    At any rate, this last update needs to be the final nerf to officer, they really are fine now. Enough with the nerf herding.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    d0kRX wrote: »
    d0kRX wrote: »
    Doing something for nothing? Uh, since when did buffing players become doing nothing? Oh and don't answer me because I know I can't change your mind. Cheers.

    Points are already given when you buff allies, which is fine and how it should be. You shouldn't then continue to receive kill assist points each time those buffed allies get kills. You want kill assist points, actually go out and shoot players. Couldn't be simpler to understand.

    Haha you're hilarious, even though I know I can't possibly change your mind, it's not that simple. All the buffs give you points when you use them but then the effects of the buff takes a little bit of time, and if that player benefits from your buffs effects then why not give assist points. Or if you'd rather, let's just remove buffs altogether, because the whole class shouldn't even exist if you don't like buffs.

    Actually Yoda's and Boba's buffs do not. I have no problem with giving an officer a kill assist for helping a teammate, what I don't agree with is an officer buffing, shooting and even registering a kill, while also receiving a kill assist as well.

    Kill an assist for the same enemy? That actually sounds like a bug and it should be fixed. If you mean killing somebody and the buffed player killing somebody else... How is it any different from getting an assist for anything else (Scan Dart, Shock Grenade, Death Trooper's grenade, etc.) while killing another player?

    Its an extremely rare occurrence when all the stars align, and when they do and you get a couple kills in the mix, you should be able to spawn in as a Hero at the start of the game. Its fun, all I see are more attempted artificial barriers to prevent that from happening. No more, again, if bps is an issue improve the other classes builds. They have cards that sacrifice offense for team play, the pay out just isn't as large as officer, or as directly helpful.

    At any rate, this last update needs to be the final nerf to officer, they really are fine now. Enough with the nerf herding.

    It won't be the final update for Officers lol
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I'd be game for bringing the +100 BP from the Battle Command's kill assist down to 25 or 50 BP. That +100 BP was way more of the problem than the Officer's Presence and the normal Battle Command buff BP gain anyway imo.

    I do think they should consider reverting the S-5 and Blurrg nerfs though in exchange. The S-5 wasn't OP to begin with and the Blurrg is now too pathetic compared to the ever reliable SE-44c. Also, I think every other class should get a minor BP gain source to compete with Officer. Something like:

    Assault: Gets an additional 25 BP on a kill or objective capture.

    Heavy: Has the 'Defender' Star Card built into the class and gains 8 BP for every shot taken. The Defender Star Card changed to increase the BP gain of getting hit and the 'Sacrifice' BP gain by 100% at Purple level (16 BP per hit, up to 200 BP gained upon death in some gamemodes, less in others).

    Specialist: On getting a headshot kill past 25 meters, the Specialist gains BP equal to the distance to the target in meters.

    This would help the other classes feel better, and they might not even need to further touch the officer if they would just show the other classes a bit of love in terms of BP gain.
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    I'd be game for bringing the +100 BP from the Battle Command's kill assist down to 25 or 50 BP. That +100 BP was way more of the problem than the Officer's Presence and the normal Battle Command buff BP gain anyway imo.

    I do think they should consider reverting the S-5 and Blurrg nerfs though in exchange. The S-5 wasn't OP to begin with and the Blurrg is now too pathetic compared to the ever reliable SE-44c. Also, I think every other class should get a minor BP gain source to compete with Officer. Something like:

    Assault: Gets an additional 25 BP on a kill or objective capture.

    Heavy: Has the 'Defender' Star Card built into the class and gains 8 BP for every shot taken. The Defender Star Card changed to increase the BP gain of getting hit and the 'Sacrifice' BP gain by 100% at Purple level (16 BP per hit, up to 200 BP gained upon death in some gamemodes, less in others).

    Specialist: On getting a headshot kill past 25 meters, the Specialist gains BP equal to the distance to the target in meters.

    This would help the other classes feel better, and they might not even need to further touch the officer if they would just show the other classes a bit of love in terms of BP gain.

    +100 battle/recharge command kill assist point gain for not actually getting a kill assist is definitely excessive.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • then get rid of assaults points from scan dart, acid launcher etc specialists binoculars assists, or leave things as they are

    Be careful! Your comments may mysteriously disappear if you poke holes in the OP's argument.
  • then get rid of assaults points from scan dart, acid launcher etc specialists binoculars assists, or leave things as they are

    But they're fine as is, so no need fortunately.

    You don't find it gimmicky?
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    edited November 29
    Another thing I'd mention is that from my experience, assists from things that don't cause any damage to the enemy directly usually don't match up with eliminations. I mean, you get assist points but not eliminations.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    d0kRX wrote: »
    Doing something for nothing? Uh, since when did buffing players become doing nothing? Oh and don't answer me because I know I can't change your mind. Cheers.

    Points are already given when you buff allies, which is fine and how it should be. You shouldn't then continue to receive kill assist points each time those buffed allies get kills. You want kill assist points, actually go out and shoot players. Couldn't be simpler to understand.

    Haha you're hilarious, even though I know I can't possibly change your mind, it's not that simple. All the buffs give you points when you use them but then the effects of the buff takes a little bit of time, and if that player benefits from your buffs effects then why not give assist points. Or if you'd rather, let's just remove buffs altogether, because the whole class shouldn't even exist if you don't like buffs.

    Nah, just the removal of unnecessary command kill assist point gain will do fine, everything else is top notch.

    You want the Officer class to play a support role (with weak weapons), but you dislike rewarding them for supporting teammates? You can't have it both ways. Boosting teammates assists them in engagements. They might die without the extra HP. If Officers exist solely to support teammates, why is it unfair to reward them with an initial assist in such scenarios?

    The weapons didn't need the nerf. I still don't agree with this latest nerf. Nerfing OP was fine, but that wasn't even what's made that the class everyone uses.

    This game needs to promote more class diversity and it starts by figuring out ways to give each class unique, but equaly as effective ways to generate BP.

    Officer's definitely aren't as effective at camping / range with their weapons anymore since the recent update so their weapon changes were a good move, glad to see them improved considering they're pistols
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I couldnt disagree more. If you didnt have any officers around you buffing your health and refreshing your abilities you may not live as long to get as many kills.

    I stay clustered with my squad/heroes or villains and refresh their abilities and i deserve to be rewarded with bp so i have a chance to eventually play a hero too.

    Support players are needed and valuable.

    Yeah sorry but I don't rely on being buffed by officers at all to get me through each match, and am always capable of doing well. They're helpful, but the game isn't solely dependant on being buffed by them, so they shouldn't be rewarded even more points on top of the points they already receive when buffing allies.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I couldnt disagree more. If you didnt have any officers around you buffing your health and refreshing your abilities you may not live as long to get as many kills.

    I stay clustered with my squad/heroes or villains and refresh their abilities and i deserve to be rewarded with bp so i have a chance to eventually play a hero too.

    Support players are needed and valuable.

    Hopefully a dev gets to see this post, definitely need more players like you, not more death matchers who aren't even that good running around because theres no incentive on buffing. +1
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    I'd be game for bringing the +100 BP from the Battle Command's kill assist down to 25 or 50 BP. That +100 BP was way more of the problem than the Officer's Presence and the normal Battle Command buff BP gain anyway imo.

    I do think they should consider reverting the S-5 and Blurrg nerfs though in exchange. The S-5 wasn't OP to begin with and the Blurrg is now too pathetic compared to the ever reliable SE-44c. Also, I think every other class should get a minor BP gain source to compete with Officer. Something like:

    Assault: Gets an additional 25 BP on a kill or objective capture.

    Heavy: Has the 'Defender' Star Card built into the class and gains 8 BP for every shot taken. The Defender Star Card changed to increase the BP gain of getting hit and the 'Sacrifice' BP gain by 100% at Purple level (16 BP per hit, up to 200 BP gained upon death in some gamemodes, less in others).

    Specialist: On getting a headshot kill past 25 meters, the Specialist gains BP equal to the distance to the target in meters.

    This would help the other classes feel better, and they might not even need to further touch the officer if they would just show the other classes a bit of love in terms of BP gain.

    I LOVE that Specialist suggestion - effective sniping means getting headshots and good sniping should be rewarded - would make the Specialist more viable for sure :)
  • Also you get points in arcade for saviour and headshot kills - why not port that into multiplayer? Definitely help the assault and specialist gain BP a bit faster 🙌🏻
  • Finest_Banana
    326 posts Member
    edited December 2
    Comment deleted
  • then get rid of assaults points from scan dart, acid launcher etc specialists binoculars assists, or leave things as they are

    But they're fine as is, so no need fortunately.

    So are the assists from having your abilities recharged, guns overcharged and more health in battle
  • UNLIMITED_P0WER
    3501 posts Member
    edited December 3
    @bf2pro you should find this thread insightful
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Jazza_21SD wrote: »
    Also you get points in arcade for saviour and headshot kills - why not port that into multiplayer? Definitely help the assault and specialist gain BP a bit faster 🙌🏻

    I've never noticed that in Arcade. Don't believe it needs to be brought into online play though, enough points are already gained.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I disagree and here’s why, if you take the improved battle command and health buff an assault who’s low health and in combat and save that troopers life, it’s fair to receive a couple points if he kills his combatant. After all you kept him alive to be able to kill him. Same can go for the recharge and blast command although slightly different situations. It’s the same as revealing enemies as a specialist. I think there are bigger fish to fry than this.
  • When I play officer

    3yf3xbijpixj.gif
  • Xerogon wrote: »
    When I play officer

    3yf3xbijpixj.gif

    When I play Deathtrooper
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Xerogon wrote: »
    When I play officer

    3yf3xbijpixj.gif

    When I play Deathtrooper

    nvd58g2anb8a.gif
  • Xerogon wrote: »
    Xerogon wrote: »
    When I play officer

    3yf3xbijpixj.gif

    When I play Deathtrooper

    nvd58g2anb8a.gif

    Always is
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
Sign In or Register to comment.